The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now available.
Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Meteor OP, 21k Hit

pjwb16_ESO
pjwb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yx4Q2KpFFY&feature=youtu.be

Zenimax take a look on it!!
Thanks to Elo'dryel for his Meteor's <3
Edited by pjwb16_ESO on February 6, 2015 6:43PM
~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
Fyrusha - NB AD
Auri-ele - Sorc AD
Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was getting 4K Meteors on live... 21K is weak against vampires.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's really not that high for an ultimate, doesnt soul strike do like 45k now?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't it hit for ~ 12k like the dead screen said? Saw the number while you died.

But yeah, Meteor is a bit out of control now - it's better than most class ultimates (better than Nova, better than Standard).
    Edited by Seraphyel on February 6, 2015 6:55PM
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the Video you can see a death recap with 20,8 K Meteor, and no SOul Strike is way less damage than that...
    Edited by pjwb16_ESO on February 6, 2015 6:56PM
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    At the end of the Video you can see a death recap with 20,8 K Meteor, and no SOul Strike is way less damage than that...

Oh yeah, sorry.

As I said, it's out of control. ;)
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd fully agree you ;)
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like they didn't even think about damage potential when they nerfed hp pools and removed softcaps. No wait, it's exactly like that.
  • cracker81
    cracker81
    ✭✭✭
    Umm. Please every time you die do not ask for a Nerf. I am sure you ask for a lot of nerfs. All I see is Nerf forums as in dk/sorc/nb/temp or buff forums on all classes. what was your spell resists at and health? WAs you cc? Are you a vampire?
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A little flappity flap sends that meteor right back into space.....
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »

not into space but back at the caster, which is seriously dumb lol you are not even projecting it at them. You just call it down from space where it came from the orbit of planet X. Therefor it isnt a spell projectile lol over load is a spell projectile. Yet ZoS will never fix it or make meteor a targetable AoE move like other ground based effects
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Were you emp?
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »
    dharbert wrote: »

not into space but back at the caster, which is seriously dumb lol you are not even projecting it at them. You just call it down from space where it came from the orbit of planet X. Therefor it isnt a spell projectile lol over load is a spell projectile. Yet ZoS will never fix it or make meteor a targetable AoE move like other ground based effects

I thought Meteor did damage to a TARGET, then splash to those around that target.

Also pretty sure you have to have something targeted to even cast it, unlike other ground effects.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really noticed through duels that meteors really hit hard like you mentioned 20k+ sometimes it mostly goes with sorcerers and their stacking buffs etc.
    Second thing I noticed is endless resources practically for templars spamming jabs and just stealing yours stamina and health and spamming blazing shield all the times.So I think thats OP really and it should not go live with templars like that.
    Templars are really OP class then goes Sorcs.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not crying for nerfs, cause everyone could use Meteor, just wanna show it :D
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lionxoft wrote: »

Were you emp?

Yes, but I you can still get well over 3K without being emp on vampires.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS vs HP(Defence) is just out of control, its come to a point where ttk(time to kill) now just sucks out the fun.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    This high dmg is only because all noobs still wear 7/7 light and do not realise that they have 5000 spell res on PTS
    Edited by Alcast on February 7, 2015 1:04AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    21k hit isn't much with all the new stats. with old system it would be 2100 really hasn't changed that much.
    Edited by danovic on February 7, 2015 1:53AM
  • mauritius.krebsb16_ESO
    hmm, meteor does make a pretty significant noise before it lands on your face, so dodgerolling away from it is actually relatively easy.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    danovic wrote: »
    21k hit isn't much with all the new stats. with old system it would be 2100 really hasn't changed that much.
    Wrong, Health is not 1:1 to live, its less so its pretty significant. Its more about the timing of Meteor along with the DoT that makes it strong
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess vamp, no resistance, tons of fire damage. I DONT KNOW WHAT WE YELLING ABOUT... LOUD NOISES!!!!
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    take 8k of it away and see its not that bad.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the average health pool in Cyrodiil being in the 24-32k range. NO skill, Ultimate/Stealth Opener/Crit or other, should hit for 20k+. Regardless of resist/debuff ammounts.

Just my opinion.
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • Seraphyel
    Seraphyel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor is just overpowered.

It has an incredible strong initial hit PLUS an incredible strong AoE DoT. As I said, it's better than most class ultimates (Nova & Standard are crap compared to Meteor).
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor is fine, you can hear it coming from a mile away. The Problem is that PTS is so freaking laggy that you are not being able to block or reflec in time.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    Im not crying for nerfs, cause everyone could use Meteor, just wanna show it :D

That was implied by the title. Usually when someone says OP it means over powered. Which a term used to describe an ability that is unbalanced.

Honestly I don't see the problem, this is PTS and with soft caps removed ZoS has a damn hard time re adjusting the damage abilities did when they were designed around those soft caps. Like removing the training weights on a runner it will obviously make them run a lot faster.

Also Meteor before was never really used that much because of how underpowered it was compared to other abilities.

I think most used comet for the snare, but that quickly went out of style with flappy wings and other ultimates providing better damage or perks.
  • snipeopsub17_ESO
    It needs to be fixed now, or pvp will turn into meteor spam.
  • shebali
    shebali
    ✭✭✭

20k damage is nothing. That is current in game 2k. In live you can get 3k meteors, but you don't see it because how slow the move is and it does not track. The move is pretty useless.

• Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphyel wrote: »
    Meteor is just overpowered.

It has an incredible strong initial hit PLUS an incredible strong AoE DoT. As I said, it's better than most class ultimates (Nova & Standard are crap compared to Meteor).

Because being hit by a flaming ice boulder hurtling through the atmosphere from space shouldn't hurt that much

The fact that this is so slow moving and can be blocked/reflected I think negates it being "OP"
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    shebali wrote: »

20k damage is nothing. That is current in game 2k. In live you can get 3k meteors, but you don't see it because how slow the move is and it does not track. The move is pretty useless.

No, its better now, because on live server Health we had a lot higher Health, Health scaling was nerfed... You cant transfer Healt from Live to PTS 1:10
    Alcast wrote: »
    This high dmg is only because all noobs still wear 7/7 light and do not realise that they have 5000 spell res on PTS

I had alot more Resistance then 5000...

I used Heavy Armor + Impenetrable and I had Fire Resistance on my Jewelry
    Edited by pjwb16_ESO on February 8, 2015 3:19PM
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD