Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
•[COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

Grocers and the change in ingredient prices

• Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ommamar wrote: »
    I won't be buying foods from grocers. Too much of a dent in my already small profits. I'll be levelling up thieving on Santie Claws and any food items she gets will go in the bank for my provisoner Wenxue. Luckily having been playing since launch and having been looting every bit of food I can find I already have a reasonable amount of things to get me going at the start.

I would spend the time between now and live looting every crate you see if you are a provisioner and possibly even if you are not because ingredients will sell better on guild stores if the price at the grocers remains crazy high.

One thing I noticed while leveling ledgermain was all the ingredients I was finding in halls and houses where for drinks. Maybe you have to hunt and fish to get meat for food? It seemed unbalanced to me compared to the loot spread currently on live for containers.

Yes. Especially since farmers don't take too kindly to you killing their chickens for poultry. I still haven't found a way to get poultry w/o breaking the law. Perhaps it's in containers somewhere, but I haven't found it.

And there in lies the crux of the issue here. Some people don't want to become a criminal and it remains to be seen how easy it will be to acquire the mats for even the most basic of foods w/o breaking the law.

The notion that everything you need could be found on the vendors for a price (except the two mats for purple food) seemed like a fair exchange. Now they have removed almost every ingredient from the vendors and the ones that remain cost 150g.

Not a good idea.

On a side note, just as a test yesterday, I killed about 2 dozen chickens in front of an NPC and my bounty skyrocketed up to over 1k lol

Expensive poultry.
    Edited by Alphashado on February 4, 2015 4:38PM
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    One the outskirts of villages you may find some chickens that are escaped and unowned - however they will sometimes be mixed in with owned chickens. regardless - hunting chickens should not be forced upon us because some out-of-your-mind pricing and inventory scheme.
    I went up to the grocer in Kerbhol Hollow - she offerec only fruits and vegatables. I will locate some of the other grocers and see if any of them sell meat or tonic
    apud me omnia fiunt Mathematicè in Natura - Rene Descartes
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes said grocers only sell produce. All meat, flour etc will have to come from looting (stealing) and hunting.
  • HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    I went to three more easy-to-get-to grocers (Windhelm, Vulkhel Guard and Shornhelm)
    Confirmed all three sold fruits and vegetables.
    No meat, no food additives.
    Nothing for drinks whatsoever.

I cannot begin to explain the total frustration I am felling. Even worse, I cannot explain how so angry I am that I was right from the beginning - the Provisioning Overhaul has all the makings of a total disaster (I made numerous comments as such back when they were looking for our "feedback", none of which actually was incorporated)
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Max2497 wrote: »
    Patch notes said grocers only sell produce. All meat, flour etc will have to come from looting (stealing) and hunting.

I murdered a man's goats, bounty was pretty large after that.... but they were delicious.
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those wondering about 10g for old ingredients. I did a comparison exercise in this thread to see how much 10g was to the average player price for same ingredient.

Summary below but rest is in original thread.
    MY INGREDIENT INVENTORY
    • 47 ingredient types turn old
    • 2733 individual ingredients turn old
    • Is worth 268778g according to Price Tracker
    • Is worth 54790.4g according to Shopkeeper
    • Is worth 27330g according to 10g each from ZOS

ZOS VALUE OF MY INGREDIENT INVENTORY OF 10G EACH IS:
    241448g less than Price Tracker
    27460.4 less than Shopkeeper
    Equivalent to 10.1682% of Price Tracker Value
    Equivalent to 49.8810% of Shopkeeper Value

hHBtAQ9.jpg?1
  • Max2497
    Max2497
    ✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »
    For those wondering about 10g for old ingredients. I did a comparison exercise in this thread to see how much 10g was to the average player price for same ingredient.

Summary below but rest is in original thread.
    MY INGREDIENT INVENTORY
    • 47 ingredient types turn old
    • 2733 individual ingredients turn old
    • Is worth 268778g according to Price Tracker
    • Is worth 54790.4g according to Shopkeeper
    • Is worth 27330g according to 10g each from ZOS

ZOS VALUE OF MY INGREDIENT INVENTORY OF 10G EACH IS:
    241448g less than Price Tracker
    27460.4 less than Shopkeeper
    Equivalent to 10.1682% of Price Tracker Value
    Equivalent to 49.8810% of Shopkeeper Value

hHBtAQ9.jpg?1

Don't forget the cost to replace the old items with new: 409,950g

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks way off. majority of this stuff is zero at the shop now. And I doubt that 500g ea for imperial flour is correct price provided it is 63g ea in any grocer you will find... Apart from pepper there is nothing really expensive which will get obsoleted. And you can make 2-3k purple food with pepper before update 6 will hit as I did :) New price 150g is really high if there is no reasonable way to get it collected in the wild. But this means that prices on prov mats will be really high in guilds...
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of the Provisioning changes in 1.6.1 are sullying the good will earned by the Provisioning overhaul in 1.6. Personally, I think all of the 1.6.1 Provisioning changes need to be removed from the game as they only harm the overhaul instead of helping it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I will just make a bunch of food on Live for various levels and then I won't have to worry about it while they sort it out after the change to 1.6
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. When dust will settle down - we will see what will be the prices. Now it is too early to tell...
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where this 150g price came from. Since I have no frame of reference as to why this change was made, I make no assumptions that it will self-correct.

From the PTS 1.61 Patch Notes, I have included all of them for context

Scuttlers will now drop provisioning meat.
    Sheep, goats, pigs, and the occasional domesticated gazelle can now be skinned for their hides.
    Oxen will now produce meat when slain.
    Monsters that drop meat for Provisioning will now do so regardless of the difference in level between you and the monster.
    Grocers now sell only fresh produce. Their prices are higher now, to account for them endeavoring to profit from agriculture in the middle of a massive war.
    Humanoids will now occasionally drop healthy snacks when killed.
    Brewers and chefs no longer sell Provisioning ingredients. Why would they empower you to produce your own goods? They want you to consume theirs.
    Grocers now sell provisioning ingredients for 150 gold per item.

So, it says Grocers sell Prov Ingredients for 150 Gold. Does not say if this is all of them, or the rare non harvestable/non dropping stuff. And, a previous post said that vendors would buy stale ingredients for the same price it costs to buy the new replacement fresh ingredients. But no mention of how that exactly converts.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HeroOfEvbof
    HeroOfEvbof
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I don't know where this 150g price came from. Since I have no frame of reference as to why this change was made, I make no assumptions that it will self-correct.

Sheep, goats, pigs, and the occasional domesticated gazelle can now be skinned for their hides.
    Monsters that drop meat for Provisioning will now do so regardless of the difference in level between you and the monster.
    Grocers now sell only fresh produce. Their prices are higher now, to account for them endeavoring to profit from agriculture in the middle of a massive war.
    Brewers and chefs no longer sell Provisioning ingredients. Why would they empower you to produce your own goods? They want you to consume theirs.

So, it says Grocers sell Prov Ingredients for 150 Gold. Does not say if this is all of them, or the rare non harvestable/non dropping stuff. And, a previous post said that vendors would buy stale ingredients for the same price it costs to buy the new replacement fresh ingredients. But no mention of how that exactly converts.

You misunderstood my confusion.

I have followed outcries on this forum on a number of topics. Stealth is OP. DK is OP. Vampire is OP.

I have never ever seen anybody post that Cooks are OP. So why in the heck completely nerf cooking by raising the price of fruits and vegetables to 150g and making additives only available through combat in bandit delves or through crime in the streets?

Where was there any outcry that provisioning was too cheap? Or too easy to level? Was there some sort of Enchanter Cabal working behind the scenes?

The frame of reference I am missing is why have additives and meat been taken away from vendors? Why do we need to depend on Grocers - a npc type that is often very, very hard to get to depending on your zone? Why are fruits and vegatables 150g? Why are they going back on their intention of turning our ingredients into something that "provides value"?

Why are they nerfing provisioning? What harm has it done?

• AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    Time sinks. Gold sinks. They want to slow e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g down.

Nerf it all and let the players sort it out. Nice moves, ZOS.
    Edited by AaronMB on February 4, 2015 10:24PM
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

You misunderstood my confusion.

I have followed outcries on this forum on a number of topics. Stealth is OP. DK is OP. Vampire is OP.

I have never ever seen anybody post that Cooks are OP. So why in the heck completely nerf cooking by raising the price of fruits and vegetables to 150g and making additives only available through combat in bandit delves or through crime in the streets?

Where was there any outcry that provisioning was too cheap? Or too easy to level? Was there some sort of Enchanter Cabal working behind the scenes?

The frame of reference I am missing is why have additives and meat been taken away from vendors? Why do we need to depend on Grocers - a npc type that is often very, very hard to get to depending on your zone? Why are fruits and vegatables 150g? Why are they going back on their intention of turning our ingredients into something that "provides value"?

Why are they nerfing provisioning? What harm has it done?

Unless you will soon be able to buy poultry with crowns....

Soo many changes don't make sense.

Until they do.

I could be wrong. I hope I am wrong. But you're right. What logical reason was there to do this? Only one ^^

Edited by Alphashado on February 4, 2015 11:10PM