The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dev PvP on PTS this weekend

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What day/time again?
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • BalerionBlackDread
    BalerionBlackDread
    ✭✭✭
    Clash in Cyrodiil – Fight the Devs!
    Join members of the ESO dev team in Cyrodiil for an hour of fun-filled fighting, death, and mayhem! We’ll evenly split up ESO team members between the three alliances and battle alongside you—and against you—for control of specific keeps in Cyrodiil.

When: Monday, February 2nd at 7:00PM - 8:00PM EST
    Where: Cyrodiil in the Haderus Campaign, on the ESO Playtest Server (battle over Fort Glademist.) Aldmeri Dominion forces are to gather at Fort Ash; Daggerfall Covenent forces are to meet at Glademist Keep; Ebonheart Pact forces are to gather at Fort Aleswell
    Event Goals: Test the Champion System, new ability and rebalance changes (especially to AoE abilities), and new animations.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Berinima
    Berinima
    ✭✭✭
    Let's join them for an hour of highly entertaining shield stacking!
  • Venriz
    Venriz
    You didnt heard? community wanted this that way

<OOC> sorry i had to say that
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Why Monday? Why not this weekend?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    felinith66 wrote: »
    Why Monday? Why not this weekend?

It is happening right after the Crown Store is opened on PTS if I recall correctly.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as I can PvP the devs in a new chef's hat from the Crown Store we should be fine ... B)
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have no idea how bad they are going to get wrecked. Balance is rly screwed yorught now.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know they probably won't, but it would be cool if they stuck around for some dueling after the battle.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK everyone. What I am about to say will seem like a troll comment or a joke, but I do actually mean what im about to type.

I request that any player that can; take FULL advantage of the new horrendous state of damage shield stacking/spamming during this event. DO NOT RELENT. Do all the damage shield stacking/spamming y'all can. the devs need to see how bad it has gotten, and they need to get it fixed before it goes live.

If the devs See it, then the chances of it getting fixed will be much higher
  • Berinima
    Berinima
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone PLEASE stream and/or record this?
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they set-up the keeps and ports for AD and EP so that we don't have to ride so far to get back into the battle.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    OK everyone. What I am about to say will seem like a troll comment or a joke, but I do actually mean what im about to type.

I request that any player that can; take FULL advantage of the new horrendous state of damage shield stacking/spamming during this event. DO NOT RELENT. Do all the damage shield stacking/spamming y'all can. the devs need to see how bad it has gotten, and they need to get it fixed before it goes live.

Judging by the comments made by some devs... I think they actually like it :/
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again I will mention shield stacking is not the problem... if some players weren't getting hit by abilities in the range of 20k-34k then people wouldn't be stacking shields endlessly. You can't nerf shields and let players continue to destroy others with one shots... it's not fun.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Again I will mention shield stacking is not the problem... if some players weren't getting hit by abilities in the range of 20k-34k then people wouldn't be stacking shields endlessly. You can't nerf shields and let players continue to destroy others with one shots... it's not fun.

Guess what, I will still one shot you when you're riding around with your horse or sieging a keep. Or just when you forget to put your shield up for a moment.

The only thing shields accomplish, is make players unkillable while they spam them. That's even less fun if you ask me.

TTK is either 0,1 seconds, or it's between 15 mins and never.

Good balance, yeah..
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Cody wrote: »

Judging by the comments made by some devs... I think they actually like it :/

then PvP is doomed.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I know the reasons for the horrendous shield stack/spamming going on.

ZOS, please fix them, do whatever it takes to stop this horrendous new meta from forming.
    Edited by Cody on February 1, 2015 8:03PM
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Guess what, I will still one shot you when you're riding around with your horse or sieging a keep. Or just when you forget to put your shield up for a moment.

The only thing shields accomplish, is make players unkillable while they spam them. That's even less fun if you ask me.

TTK is either 0,1 seconds, or it's between 15 mins and never.

Good balance, yeah..

And this is why I now use them. No one should be one shot. Killed quickish when not expecting it? Yeah... but to be basically dueling someone or see them coming and then get ambushed with 30k damage is just bs. Some players might say dodge roll away... yeah what part of 'It hit me for 30K" don't you get? Not to mention people getting killed almost instantly by lethal arrow and focused aim.

Something is wrong when people have to run around with shields just to survive. I understand LA should make you weak, I agree, but to get hit by anything over 20k makes some abilities just broken. It's like I am alone in this argument and no one else has been hit for this much when the AD zone chat and vids/death recaps posted on other threads says differently.

One causes the other, players use shields because they are getting hit by abilities so hard they do not have time to react (in most cases you see the enemy too)... they are dead.