Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR14 XP Cap at 378,924

Mujuro
Mujuro
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

After logging onto PTS with my VR14 primary character (this is really the only one I play, with my other toons being mules), I was shocked to see that I did not have 70 champion points. I've got over 13k achievement points and have completed the single player quests, done trials, undaunted dailies, PvP'd, etc.

So I decided to do some investigation. Some time ago when Gina posted that we could determine our xp into VR14 by hovering over the bar (since retracted), I couldn't see it so I loaded up the XP numbers on Wykkyd's toolbar and noted that I was around 1.38m/1m. I checked again today and I was around the same, despite my having completed undaunted and PvP dailies, done trials, etc.

As further evidence of this glitch -- and I don't know if this is limited to my toon or is a global issue to all VR14s -- I was in Cyrodiil tonight and picked up roughly 40k XP. Upon returning from Cyrodiil to Reapers March, the numbers reset. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I went and killed some mudcrabs and skeevers, saw the XP gain, and then logged out and back in. Lo, behold, I'm back at 1,378,924. No matter what XP I gain, as soon as I change zones or (re)log, I reset to that number and thereby making it currently impossible for me to obtain 70 champion points when Update 6 hits short of leveling another toon to VR2.

Update: Submitted help ticket #150129-000690 Jan 29 11:42am EST
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    How many Champion Points did you have, Mujuro? If you're over a mil, you should have 70.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many Champion Points did you have, Mujuro? If you're over a mil, you should have 70.

When I logged onto PTS yesterday on my VR14, I did not have 70, which is why I was shocked. I believe I had 65 (22/22/21). I then logged onto my next highest level character, VR1 with 618k XP and gained another 3. If 1,378,924 is supposed to get me 70 champion points, it isn't. And if 2m is the number I need to hit for 70 points, I do not appear to be retaining ANY experience gained beyond 1,378,924. And given that I've been VR14 since shortly after the level cap was raised, I imagine that my XP has been "stuck" for at least a couple of months now and I should have the 1m into VR14 at least a few times over.

How would you recommend for me to proceed, as I really do not want to be forced to level up another toon in order to get 70 champion points?
    Edited by Mujuro on January 29, 2015 4:54AM
  • Harleyquincey
    Harleyquincey
    ✭✭✭
    Wait.. so it is not supposed to be like this? Because I am VR 14 since ages now (5+ months?) and have been playing this very same character at least 95% of my entire time (/played reveals 48 days, 19 hours), completed over 50 vet pledges and most of the Trials + DSA normal and Vet. Yet.. when i hover over my veteran XP bar it's always at 1.000.000/1.000.000 and Wykkyd's Toolbar constantly resets me to that exact same value. When i complete stuff, I temporarily might have 1.134.234/1.000.000 on that toolbar, however it reverts back to 1 mil.

So far I thought that's normal since it probably pulls the value from the amount shown on the character menu. If this is not the case and I am now at risk of not getting the 70 CP, I'd really like to know that well in advance.

For this, I suggest you patch in a simple command like /cp and with that allow us to see how many CP we would get if 1.6 came live at that very moment. That would really be an amazing thing, noone could say "I couldn't have known!" plus it also validates the data for you as developers, seeing if it truly works as intended already.
    EU Server
    Clavius Lydoris Probus - Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Co-Founder of [Black Manticore Brigade]
    Proud member of [Sigma Draconis] and [House Zar]
  • Durandal
    Durandal
    ✭✭
    I am also having this issue on my PTS character. Durandal (templar). I also submitted a bugs ticket. Sorry I don't have the ticket ID I'm at work. I have a total of 65 champion points and should have met the 70 point requirement easily many times over.

I haven't tested if my xp has been resetting like the OP said, but my gut tells me it has.

EDIT: I also use Wykkyd's toolbar and I believe my xp numbers are the same as the op. I wonder if it has something to do with that addon. I think I'm the only one in my guild that only has 65 champ points on pts.
    Edited by Durandal on January 29, 2015 10:46PM
    Durandal
    Chrysamere Pact
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also noticed the resetting Xp post VR14 but thought it was just related to the addon.
    Every time I log in or port to a different zone I am back to VR14 0/1000,000 despite having earned many millions of Xp since reaching VR14
    I will have to wait until EU characters are copied to PTS to see if I have the same problem.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gina, is this being looked into?
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Unfortunately, I am being told by ZOS technical support that this issue is related to Wykkyd's Toolbar add-on not properly tracking XP and that ESO indeed does properly track XP. However, this is NOT the case, and here's proof-in-the-pudding with cold, hard numbers that apparently technical support choose to ignore. Let's start with the assumption that I was at VR14 with ZERO additional experience when Update 5 was released (I was actually VR14 shortly after Update 4, but let's ignore any XP I gained during update 4 because I have no idea if ZOS was tracking at that point despite assurances to the contrary):
    • 250 crafting writs worth 499 each (I have the achievement)
    • 65 veteran undaunted pledges and 26 normal ones worth 11,200 each (quest only, excluding XP from kills, rounded, from my achievement counters)
    • 30 trials (AA, HRC, Sanctum and, again, quests only, excluding XP from kills)
    • 4 vDSA worth 100k XP each, approximate
    • 50 Cyrodiil daily bounty quests worth 11,200 each (quests only, excluding XP from kills, rounded)

This list is conservative, as I've probably done far more than 30 trials since update 5. Just adding up the XP from those yields 2,084,750 XP, which, by ZOS assertion would result in 70 Champion Points. So, that all said, why did I only receive 65?

Also, ZOS technical support also claimed that the Indomnitable Adventurer achievement is updating properly, despite me being "stuck" at 1127 now for months. Support claims that I should be receiving credit for undaunted dailies, trials and writs, and I am *NOT*. I told them I'd do one and they can watch how the number doesn't increment properly, but they've completely ignored simply stating that the counter is working properly. What am I missing?

These issues have me scratching my head as to how your technical support team actually investigates issues other than blaming add-ons and telling players that they can't count.
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try running the script /script d(GetUnitXP("player")) in your chat box. When that reaches 14million xp you will get all your champion points.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Benefactor wrote: »
    Try running the script /script d(GetUnitXP("player")) in your chat box. When that reaches 14million xp you will get all your champion points.

I am at 49,930,801.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mujuro wrote: »
    Benefactor wrote: »

I am at 49,930,801.
    First, holy crap man do you even sleep? Second, I have 15,123,898 and I have the full 70 CP on my NA main on PTS. Ofc, I may not have your XP value but I do have almost 45 days played on that Character, I just don't always do things that gain XP, like Crafting/Farming/etc.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    First, holy crap man do you even sleep?

With a new 5 month old baby, not really. :P This toon has that much XP probably because I don't really play alts, for better or worse, and I've been on this guy since early access.
    Second, I have 15,123,898 and I have the full 70 CP on my NA main on PTS. Ofc, I may not have your XP value but I do have almost 45 days played on that Character, I just don't always do things that gain XP, like Crafting/Farming/etc.

This is really where my "bug" comes in; there's definitely something wrong with my situation, whether it is from (un)tracked XP or some other bug that is affecting me. For ZOS to tell me that XP is being tracked, and that my add-ons are the problem, etc., simply isn't helpful as neither of those responses go to resolving the issue. As an aside, do you have other VR-level characters besides your main? From what I've seen, people with multiple VR-level toons are not having this issue; it only appears to impact people with a single VR14 and no other VR-level toons.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait.. so it is not supposed to be like this? Because I am VR 14 since ages now (5+ months?) and have been playing this very same character at least 95% of my entire time (/played reveals 48 days, 19 hours), completed over 50 vet pledges and most of the Trials + DSA normal and Vet. Yet.. when i hover over my veteran XP bar it's always at 1.000.000/1.000.000 and Wykkyd's Toolbar constantly resets me to that exact same value. When i complete stuff, I temporarily might have 1.134.234/1.000.000 on that toolbar, however it reverts back to 1 mil.
    This perfectly describes what I see with Wykkyd's Toolbar, and I got the full 70 CP on PTS, so I think you can relax.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    This perfectly describes what I see with Wykkyd's Toolbar, and I got the full 70 CP on PTS, so I think you can relax.

I've done more than Harley and only got 65 Champion Points; I'd like to know whether my character is bugged or there's are larger, systemic issue for people with a single VR14 and no other veteran level toons.
    Edited by Mujuro on February 2, 2015 8:00PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've done more than Harley and only got 65 Champion Points; I'd like to know whether my character is bugged or there's are larger, systemic issue for people with a single VR14 and no other veteran level toons.

Maybe you are bugged. I only have one VR, and I did get 70 CP. I only hit the last million two weeks before 1.6 landed on PTS. I'm using Wykkyd's Toolbar, like I said. GL.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, do you have other VR-level characters besides your main? From what I've seen, people with multiple VR-level toons are not having this issue; it only appears to impact people with a single VR14 and no other VR-level toons.
    I have also been playing since 5-day Early access. I have 1-VR14 and my next highest is LvL 27 with all 7 alts ranging from LvL 7-27. I'm an Alotoholic but not in the same sense many are, I'm a Crafter so have all 8 Characters with nearly maxed Crafting (hey, it's my time to waste lol). My VR14 has done Trials, more Vet Dungeons than I can count, DSA, 100% PvE quests except Cyro and a few in Craglorn I have yet to finish and I do a little PvP. That toon is also my Achievement guy, with ~11K points (haven't got into Fishing yet). I also use Wykkid's addons as well as GG Frames. GGFrames for me shows that I'm VR14 + 1 million but it doesn't keep track anymore past what would be fresh VR15. Hope that info helps.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, do you have other VR-level characters besides your main? From what I've seen, people with multiple VR-level toons are not having this issue; it only appears to impact people with a single VR14 and no other VR-level toons.
    I have also been playing since 5-day Early access. I have 1-VR14 and my next highest is LvL 27 with all 7 alts ranging from LvL 7-27. I'm an Alotoholic but not in the same sense many are, I'm a Crafter so have all 8 Characters with nearly maxed Crafting (hey, it's my time to waste lol). My VR14 has done Trials, more Vet Dungeons than I can count, DSA, 100% PvE quests except Cyro and a few in Craglorn I have yet to finish and I do a little PvP. That toon is also my Achievement guy, with ~11K points (haven't got into Fishing yet). I also use Wykkid's addons as well as GG Frames. GGFrames for me shows that I'm VR14 + 1 million but it doesn't keep track anymore past what would be fresh VR15. Hope that info helps.
    Thanks for the info, it appears that the "bug" may not be widespread and, instead, may only be impacting me and a few others. I hope that ZOS looks into this and stops telling me that everything is fine. :P
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, it appears that the "bug" may not be widespread and, instead, may only be impacting me and a few others. I hope that ZOS looks into this and stops telling me that everything is fine. :P
    Probably like the bug with Unnatural Resistance in Vampire that's supposed to reduce the penalty to Health Regen but for some Players, like me, it doesn't work at all.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you are bugged. I only have one VR, and I did get 70 CP. I only hit the last million two weeks before 1.6 landed on PTS. I'm using Wykkyd's Toolbar, like I said. GL.

Same here ... one Sorc that's VR14, one Templar that's Level 30, and two other low level characters. Got the full 70 CP. (no add-ons).
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 3, 2015 3:46AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We're still investigating this, but we'd like to get some help from one of you. If you have a VR14 EU character currently on the PTS and feel you should have 70 Champion Points, please let us know and we'll get in touch sometime today. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem. I have 65 points too. And I believe that you never tracked our xp because when I use different addons, my xp always reset around 30% from the next level.
    Because I can!
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this on my NA character as well. I logged in to my first V14 and only had 67 champ points (23, 22, 22) but when I logged in to my other V14 it must have given me the rest of my points. Didn't think much of it because of my multiple toons, but sucks for players with one character :disappointed:
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.oghmainfinium.com

download it and the desktop application and send your data to the server, we will then determine what the game is telling you your actual exp is.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're still investigating this, but we'd like to get some help from one of you. If you have a VR14 EU character currently on the PTS and feel you should have 70 Champion Points, please let us know and we'll get in touch sometime today. Thanks!

Very much so - I got 65, but have been vr14 and actively playing ever since the initial announcement.

It was disappointing when you told us our effort was not tracked, worse when we don't even get the minimum?!
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Rammi
    Rammi
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone confirm to me that me being VR14 gives me 70CP or do i have to go 1 mil beyond VR14 to get 70.

Im a bit confused!
    The Champion System should have rewarded Champion Points based off of achievements and feats earned through excelling at end game content not grinding your life away vs mobs in order to stay competitive. This system is uncreative and is a great example of extremely lazy system design. Yes, you should be embarrassed
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rammi‌

You need to be 1m over the "start" of VR14 to get 70 CP if you don't have other VR-level toons (the conversion is 1 CP per 200k XP once you get VR1). That said, there's a bug right now where you may not get 70 CP even if you have over 15m on a VR14, you only get 65, with all else equal (e.g., no other VR-toons).
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have only 65 champion points too but, have done a crazy amount of dailies and other stuff including many achievements, all world bosses, all dungeons etc, so was stunned when I logged onto PTS to see I had only got 65
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just a heads up that this issue should be fixed with patch 1.6.3, which is being published tomorrow. We'd like to borrow someone with a VR14 EU character after the patch is complete - would anyone be available to help?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a heads up that this issue should be fixed with patch 1.6.3, which is being published tomorrow. We'd like to borrow someone with a VR14 EU character after the patch is complete - would anyone be available to help?

I could?
  • Fecius
    Fecius
    ✭✭✭

I guess, anyone could help. I will help if you need. Depends on time =)
    Edited by Fecius on February 17, 2015 7:04AM
    - Looking for Progress PvE Guild!
    - Ex Ætherius Eight / Ætherius Raid PC EU
    - World First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (1.5.8 at January 21, 2015)

- PvE Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer
    - YouTube

- Under sun and sky Outlander, we greet you warmly!
    - Под этим Солнцем и небом мы тепло приветствуем тебя!
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    With pleasure, anytime.
    "We grew under a bad sun"