The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

NEW Orcish and Redguard armor REVAMP *pics*

• Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol people want the boob window? That's realistic.

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

Eso is not going to have slutty armor. (yet)
    or at least i hope it is kept to a minimum...

This may come as a shock to you but some women liked the window.

There are quite a few women out there that like sexy looking armour.

Dont care if you are female, male or both.
    Its a game not smut, its also based on a more realistic armor scale rather then Japanese glorification armors.

So refer to my first post, go google something to get off or play a game that has it like a japanese mmo.

If this game turns into a false representation of TES any more (already turning that way) then more people will quit and you will be left a lone with you, your character and your right hand.
    Options
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    What about bigger boobs armor trait? Or should it be cash shop option?
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pshhh, don't mention it, or the crown store will get some "boob slider enhancement unlock" for even bigger boobage! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    (I still remember that one from Age of Conan... yeah, they really had bigger boobs in their cash shop... not that it surprised me all too much)

Of course, next people will clamor for armor with bigger codpieces too, I expect... -gets a "Blackadder" flashback- ;)
    Options
  • Wolfsspinne
    Wolfsspinne
    ✭✭✭
    I want the old armor skins back. :\
    Options
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the old armour back with some texture, detail improvements. I want my boob window back, anyone who doesn't like it can wear the other 14 armour choices. If you've spent time and resources designing new armour, put them in the game as variants. Throw in another blue motif book.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on January 30, 2015 1:19PM
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

I like armor to be armor. But they DO need to give us sexy costumes and statless clothing. I'd also be okay with LIGHT armor having some more daring looks. It's CLOTH after all, not meant to protect you. And with 1.6 it pretty much WON'T so there's no reason not to change it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

Its a game not smut, its also based on a more realistic armor scale rather then Japanese glorification armors.

If you think any of the heavy armor in game is realistically viable for a woman at this point in time then you really know nothing about it. This is an exercise in "pearl clutching"/"think of the children", not an exercise in realism or viability.
    Options
  • Esha76
    Esha76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One option to this entire issue is the notion of "Alternate" motifs. "Alternate Orc", "Alternate Redguard". Much in the same way many fighting games have alternate skins to unlock. Whether these be found in the world, or a crown store purchase, I really don't care. If it's a crown thing, then make some sort of requirement along the lines of you have to have first learned the race's main motif found in the world. Hopefully that would help curb people complaining about Pay-2-Whatever....

This argument about aesthetic realism is pointless. I'll take my 7/7 heavy Dwemer girl and slap her into a Dark Seducer costume.... See? Case closed. If you don't like it, then go start your own RP guild to find other stuffy players who think a touch of cleavage is smutty, and make your own guild rules. But leave your prudish conservative opinions out of my game experience.

I'd much rather everyone who plays this game has the option to play (especially look) they way they want without others throwing their opinion in their faces. "I don't want to see......" Then look the other way. Simple as that.

People really need to stop telling others how they feel one should experience this game, especially something as inconsequential of what my character looks like.

You'll lose far more players by taking more and more options away from them, than if ZOS added plate mail bikinis. I mean really....
    "There is no moisture in your angry stares." - Laughs-at-All
    "I don't know why I bother guarding you horrible people." - Orama Sadas
    "Scales here is about to have a really bad day..." - Valeric
    "Just tell me what you're doing here before I turn your heart into a tomato..." - Sereyne
    "Break those rocks! Dig those ditches! Why??? Because I want you to!!!" - Ifriz the Unraveller
    "There are worse masters than I. Far worse." - Molag Bal
    "I humiliated the Daedra in Mehrunes Spite." - You, when turning in a specific Undaunted Daily.
    "I'm not finding you very pleasant!" - Adla the Brewer
    "Old Ri'hirr likes his birds slow and stupid!" - Old Ri'hirr
    "When things get dirty... Oh, I get so flustered." - Meredil the Archivist
    "Too many Argonians about these days..." - Davon's Watch Guard (though I think this one has been removed from game)
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so sad that we have such a wide selection of body scars and tattoos that we'll never actually get to see.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    And i have to say that those Redguard light armors noww look extremely ugly to me. The old ones had more feel of clothing than these...

Robes are not armur, they are clothing and should feel like clothing.

Also since armours are painted on the skin.. Those areas on chest will look awkward on females as those new models will not look natural anymore.

I have to agree here, I have a nice Clothing look on my Altmer Sorc, he's wearing an Ancient Elf outfit, and it looks like clothes, this will render that down to Armour. Oh well, will just have to buy an outfit from the crown store when it launches.

I like the new Medium and Heavy Armour though, I also like the old looks too, but the new ones are nice.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to wear light armor that looks a bit armored like the Altmer sorc in the cinematic trailer.
    Options
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    The Redguard heavy armor is so beautiful.... so nice...
    Options
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    Great the only sexy heavy armor in the game...... GONE :( .. Dang zos .. disappointed :'(
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Wolfsspinne
    Wolfsspinne
    ✭✭✭
    Think about it... why should anyone buy sexy costumes if there was sexy armor?
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about the current version?

Because the new version is just the same thing only with unmatched leather pants for some reason.

Again, it would be great if we could get some clarification from @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ regarding the Redguard heavy armor leg change. Is this perhaps an error? Did the wrong model get applied to the item? They no longer look like heavy armor legs and ruin the look of the set.
    Options
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New redguard (especially heavy) armor is ugly as an orc. If I did not unsubscribed due to ESO going P2W, I would unsub immediately. It's so hideous I may resub just to be able to unsub again because of this!
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    New redguard (especially heavy) armor is ugly as an orc. If I did not unsubscribed due to ESO going P2W, I would unsub immediately. It's so hideous I may resub just to be able to unsub again because of this!

thats bad logic and wasted life seconds... just wear other armor styles
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just remember guys boob window still exsists in dunmer light for you 2/5 armorers
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »

thats bad logic and wasted life seconds... just wear other armor styles
    "Wear other styles" isnt a great solution.

I re-subbed to test the patch, and I'm really leaning towards not following through and really getting back into the game anyway.

But I'm close enough that little things like this are actually really important, because there's so little left to do in this game, that the graphics and, to put it bluntly, making my character look cool, are all that's left for me. I played RIFT for an extra two months just because I could have a prefix and suffix title and dye my armor, and I liked how all of that came together for my character.

Sometimes the little things matter.
    Options
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO

Because the new version is just the same thing only with unmatched leather pants for some reason.

Again, it would be great if we could get some clarification from @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ regarding the Redguard heavy armor leg change. Is this perhaps an error? Did the wrong model get applied to the item? They no longer look like heavy armor legs and ruin the look of the set.

f1fcjX9.jpg
    Definitely not the same. Personally, I think it's a vast improvement.

Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish we could dye those little gems in the redguard armor.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

f1fcjX9.jpg

The heavy armour update is okay, mostly it's just semantics on the part of development I believe; there's no really change there. However, what I think these two pictures clearly show (thank you for posting them!) is that the new-look greaves need some serious work still so they actually look like they're part of the rest of the set, and similarly with the sabatons. It's half finished at the moment; if they're going to change something it would be nice if it's done properly.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on January 30, 2015 9:31PM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    First pic is beta(live) 2nd is 1.0 (1.6)
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

f1fcjX9.jpg
    The new chest piece isn't good enough to make up for how bad the pants and boots look. They don't even look like they're from the same set.

Options
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently all metal that made up greaves went to new disconnected hip plates. Only benefit I see there is that we'll get +5 bonus against blows to the hips. And blow to the hip really hurts, it's not surface wound like chopped off leg.
    Options
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

If you think any of the heavy armor in game is realistically viable for a woman at this point in time then you really know nothing about it. This is an exercise in "pearl clutching"/"think of the children", not an exercise in realism or viability.

LOL!

Yep so your logic is, a boob window has more protection then one that does not have a boob window. Ignoring the fact of total protection and realism and more just the comparison.

Yep, refer to my sig. Lol...
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f1fcjX9.jpg

Chest piece maybe but those pants and boots look hideous.

Not just a step back, it's a huge leap backwards and a massive downgrade.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

LOL!

Yep so your logic is, a boob window has more protection then one that does not have a boob window. Ignoring the fact of total protection and realism and more just the comparison.

I never said it provides more protection, you shouldn't think to give me arguments for you too argue against :smile: I realize it's easier than actually admitting you're only worried about a couple inches of cleavage and want to take a "omg guys but realism" approach but it would be a little more credible if your rants included every single piece of heavy armor in game since they all are specifically unrealistic for women (and in fact would likely prove fatal if used in combat).
    Edited by BBSooner on January 31, 2015 5:02AM
    Options
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

LOL!

I never said it provides more protection, you shouldn't think to give me arguments for you too argue against :smile: I realize it's easier than actually admitting you're worried about a couple inches of cleavage and want to take a "omg guys but realism" approach but it would be a little more credible if you were wanting to change every single piece of heavy armor in game since they all are specifically unrealistic for women (and in fact would likely prove fatal if used in combat).

realism for the world its set in is far different to realism in the REAL world.
    What I was saying is the armor is more suited to being covered and not have boob windows. Thus what I said.

Your argument is not only invalid but pointing to a little point of a big picture, kind of like attacking ones grammar.

Edited by Hortator Mopa on January 31, 2015 5:00AM
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A-Google boobs.
    B-Get a girlfriend.

LOL!

I never said it provides more protection, you shouldn't think to give me arguments for you too argue against :smile: I realize it's easier than actually admitting you're worried about a couple inches of cleavage and want to take a "omg guys but realism" approach but it would be a little more credible if you were wanting to change every single piece of heavy armor in game since they all are specifically unrealistic for women (and in fact would likely prove fatal if used in combat).

realism for the world its set in is far different to realism in the REAL world.
    What I was saying is the armor is more suited to being covered and not have boob windows. Thus what I said.

Your argument is not only invalid but pointing to a little point of a big picture, kind of like attacking ones grammar.

The armor is more suited to not having "boobs"at all, so it's just as unrealistic. It's clear by having "boobs" even present that stylization is intended, so boob window or not - realism is a laughable factor.
    Edited by BBSooner on January 31, 2015 5:05AM
    Options