The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for “ESO Heads to Consoles June 9th”

• ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's all she wrote. Guess all that's left is to see what's actually in that store before making the decision to stay or go...
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    BUGS BUGS, UNBALANCED PVP, NO WORD FROM ZOS ON FORUMS, IGNORING THE PLAYERS...... NOW FREE TO PLAY???????????????????????!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!??!?!?! GLAD I HAVE PAID INTO THIS CRAP TO WATCH IT FAIL! seriously it could of been one of the best games ever... back to WoW or some other game that may give me the same hope of being a good MMO.
  • r3dl4nce
    r3dl4nce
    ✭✭
    Just give the "full game" to us interested in keep paying the monthly fee and it's ok for me. I don't want to look at in shop items, unlocks, DLCs, and so on. I pay my monthly fee just like now and I have the full game. If it will be this way, nothing will change except there will be lot of new players that will not pay and will play a "demo" version of the game, if they will ike the "demo" version they'll pay just like us to have the complete game
  • Huxley12345
    Huxley12345
    ✭✭
    Half of Bangkorai - "WTB Vampire Bite"

ZOS - "That'll be 5 Crowns please"
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I am seriously considering buying a console.
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    #StaySubbed
    Edited by TiberiusTryton on January 21, 2015 5:29PM
  • MAT_549
    MAT_549
    Soul Shriven
    Gratz on ruining the game. Hope you have enough console players buying.
    I Quit!
  • Eyepoke067
    Eyepoke067
    ✭✭
    Feel like my best friend stabbed me in the back.
    Honestly, this does not bode well for this game. I left all the other F2P games I played because the community of F2P players suck. (Thats right, I said it. F2P communities are FULL of people who dont give a rats arse about the game,and are just there for some free entertainment.)
    I even bought the 100 dollar book collection hoping that I could contribute to keeping the game from going F2P.
    Saddest day in the history of Elder Scrolls.
  • krystenchenoweth_ESO
    krystenchenoweth_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    WHY do you have to listen more to trolls on social media than you do to your paying subscribers? There are so many of us who have been loyal from the beginning precisely because we didn't want to see another game go the way of these terrible FTP models. I am completely disappointed, and all I can say is it was good while it lasted. Please change your minds, this is going to be a punch in the gut for game quality and the people who have been supporting you from day one will LEAVE because of it. Don't kill ESO!
  • artur.pripb16_ESO
    artur.pripb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So... i will put it this way... this surprised me... in the WRONG way.

I didn't see this one comming, along side with "Buy XP Boosts and Motif's" on the Crown Shop...

Next to seeing the community going haywire... oh and most likely more farmers... anyhow... I shall await and see... for now... im just heartbroken.
  • sebbe_orggb16_ESO
    Great, now this MMO is dead to me as well ><
  • Valandil_TheRaven
    Valandil_TheRaven
    Soul Shriven
    This is the beginning of the end! and i feel fooled by having paid monthly subscription, helping to improve the game and now "SURPRISE!!" its a free and probably a pay to win game. I sooo disappointed
  • The_SpAwN
    The_SpAwN
    ✭✭✭
    FU***NG BU*****IT.......
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing it out there, but there are going to be a lot of people who buy the game and play for 2-3 weeks, never get out of Glenumbra and never play again.

CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Sully2550
    Sully2550
    Soul Shriven
    F2P is like rolling the red carpet out for botters and gold sellers. Hope ZOS has considered that.
  • TiberiusTryton
    TiberiusTryton
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS want to make a comment on all the negative reviews or should be all just give up because you are not listening anyway?
  • tonyglissonb14_ESO
    tonyglissonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    WTF! Over.
  • Valandil_TheRaven
    Valandil_TheRaven
    Soul Shriven
    r3dl4nce wrote: »
    Just give the "full game" to us interested in keep paying the monthly fee and it's ok for me. I don't want to look at in shop items, unlocks, DLCs, and so on. I pay my monthly fee just like now and I have the full game. If it will be this way, nothing will change except there will be lot of new players that will not pay and will play a "demo" version of the game, if they will ike the "demo" version they'll pay just like us to have the complete game

I can live with this too!
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What makes me the most furious is that I can't even vote with my wallet anymore. They already took my money.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Buy to Play? Really? *slits throat*
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! NO! WHY! I thought you Listened to your community! Day 1 in beta, 1550+ hrs live, PTS hrs. Was patient through all the bugs and growing pains from early access. Defended this game with all my heart to all the haters and trolls. Now you invite them? So disappointing!!! And I just re-subbed for 4 mo to fight the F2P "rumors". This hit me in the gut. I can't even log in right now. May stop playing today. This is a sad day for Nirn...... So sad...:(
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to SWTOR, they went F2P with Cartel Coins Shop. Just make sure our RARES stay rares and not in up the Crown Shop...
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • mewi
    mewi
    Soul Shriven
    Well, at least I'll give it a try. It doesn't sound too bad for a poor student like me.
    Mewi
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok ok.... Chill..... ZoS said F2P will not happen didnt they? So whats your issue?

Anyone still belive ZoS? :D

PS.: PvPers, dont worry. With that lag in cyrodiil, the "bad cheap F2P community" wont remain long. they will say bye loosers. You can pay longer for unbalanced lagging pvp.

PvE engamers: Trial BS is so boring, and crap, that the bcF2P community will say bye loosers to you too.
    Edited by Kypho on January 21, 2015 4:11PM
  • Faked
    Faked
    ✭✭✭
    They still have to buy the game to play. Whats the problem. They have to pay 60 bucks up front to own part of the game... thats not free.

Heeeeyyyyyyy Yoooouuuuuu Guys!!!!!!!
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article “ESO Heads to Consoles June 9th.

Get ready for our console launch on June 9th, and start exploring Tamriel with no game subscription fees on PC/Mac March 17th!

Utter fail ESO, I should have known as soon as you said CONSOLE the game would fail.

Sub cancelled thanks for charging me hundreds of dollars to do your beta testing for you for a year.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brace Yourself....... bot and goldsellers are coming back! i really enjoied a game without them.
    IMHO tes series belongs major to the consoles BUT this is not an excuse to transform this Game into a B2P P2W mashup all this because of the x box gold and ps plus subscriptions in order to play online........SAD zos had to work with the sony and microsoft in order to publish this game.......
    I will give them a chance and i will mantain the new subscription let's hope.....
    Signature

• P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sub cancelled thanks for charging me hundreds of dollars to do your beta testing for you for a year.

Quite a clever business plan really. Charge you to test rather than pay a tester and then chuck it out P2P.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand most of the players here: lets give it a try. If the game becomes crap you can quit. Personally i think this game will stay mostly the same for those who will keep paying the subscription fee(me included) with one difference - tonnes of new players will join us.

If thats not true Ill stop shaving for twelve months.

Zenimax! Dont make me regret my words!
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • r3dl4nce
    r3dl4nce
    ✭✭
    Brace Yourself....... bot and goldsellers are coming back!
    Buying a new box every ban they receive? mmmh...