Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[*] When will finally be able to also craft jewelry?

this is my primary question.. the other is: Can you create a legacy server that doesn't implement 1.6?

Along these lines- can you create the game where classes don't exist. A bit like the elder scroll series.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what happens to horse armour? Will it be sold separately in the store?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is my primary question.. the other is: Can you create a legacy server that doesn't implement 1.6?
    Along these lines- can you create the game where classes don't exist. A bit like the elder scroll series.
    Skyrim is the odd-one-out, not ESO. All other Elder Scrolls games have had classes. ESO is much more similar to Oblivion than Skyrim in many aspects.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a lore question for you, which has been causing some debate among lore enthusiasts for quite some time. A member of your support team advised me to ask it here.

The question concerns the nature and functioning of Dark Magic, on which there seems to be very little lore. The only lore source on Dark Magic seems to be the book "Dark Magic: Three Pretexts" by the Aureate Serpent, which unfortunately is relatively poor in information. As a result, information from gameplay becomes very important.

In gameplay, I have noticed of course that all Dark Magic skills seem to involve some kind of crystals in their animations. Why is that? What are these crystals? Are they somehow created by the mage, are they summoned from another plane, or what? How do they relate to dark magic? It would seem they are "created" rather than summoned, considering how the crystal in Crystal Shard gradually grows during the animation, but questions remain as to how and why. Also, is my understanding correct that Dark Magic is "dark" not only in terms of its possible evil uses, but also because in a way it is "negative" magicka (insofar as it can relate to negating, draining and dispelling magicka)? How does Dark Magic relate to the official Schools of Magic? It seems to have some elements of overlap with Mysticism, for example in terms of dispels? There is also a quest in which the NPC Ree-Zish mentions that Reachmen dark shamans are mystics, and that Mysticism can be used to manipulate the flow of magicka.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Skyrim is the odd-one-out, not ESO. All other Elder Scrolls games have had classes. ESO is much more similar to Oblivion than Skyrim in many aspects.

There have never been restrictions in the others, classes determined your levelling not what skills were available to you. i played skyrim much less than oblivion and morrowind.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    Is ZOS married to the idea that Healing Ritual should be a cast time burst heal? Cast time before any healing effect and short radius are what's killing the skill's usage, not amplification or lack thereof.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1583000/#Comment_1583000

Templar was the only Internal Cool Down class and now Sorcerer is turning into one. What gives?
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    Is ZOS married to the idea that Healing Ritual should be a cast time burst heal? Cast time before any healing effect and short radius are what's killing the skill's usage, not amplification or lack thereof.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1583000/#Comment_1583000

Templar was the only Internal Cool Down class and now Sorcerer is turning into one. What gives?

I have to say I've used Lingering Ritual on a regular basis in my heal rotation, even in Trials and DSA with much success and little worry; keeps my use of use resource costly BoL to a minium. The 2 sec cast is not really an issue when you are weaving it in with other heals at the right time.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a top secret area in the game that is only accessible by Gamemasters?
    If so, can we have a quick glimpse of what it looks like?
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will we ever See Guild Heraldry for shields ? or a "Guild Shield" with your guilds crest on it ?
    i
  • Blockz888
    Blockz888
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Is there going to be sneak enabled for Werewolf in the upcoming 1.6 update?

It would be great for pvp as... without sneak its hard so survive regardless what you are.
    Leader of The Werewolf Legion, DC WW PVP Guild for Azura, we either pvping or training for pvp. If interested in joining send me an invite, brutiss.
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    Question 1 : Will we see continents other than Tamriel ? I want to explore Akavir so much.

Question 2 : Will Black Horse Couriers be a DLC, or is it something that isn't planned anymore ? I've read the datamining, it really looks promising.

Question 3 : Will there be achivements or checklists similar to the book's checklist for the goods we steal ? It would be so much fun ! And it would be another reason to steal things.
    Edited by Fetaro on February 26, 2015 2:08PM
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You announced this week that you were looking at Sorcerer changes to make them viable tanks / healers / stamina builds...

You also said that there were going to be limited changes except bug fixes until console release.

Do you have a timescale you are working to on these changes or is there still going to be no synergy between a Sorc & these common roles until some time after console release?
    Edited by Flaminir on February 26, 2015 2:31PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Inco
    Inco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are the past subs worth almost nothing per month for crown rewards (@100)?
    Any chance this will change before March 17th Date?

Old sub for 10 months ($150) = 1,000 crowns, but new one month sub today is worth 1,500 crowns ($15)

Why all the hate on past subs? Just seems like very poor treatment for those that struggled from day one to keep game going after being told we would never see a F2P model. (True it's not F2P, but darn close)

Suggest a more "real" number might be in the 250 or 500 crowns per month range. Folks that stuck it out should benefit from this one time event going B2P.
    Edited by Inco on February 26, 2015 10:51PM
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question:
    Can we expect an arena or a system for duels and small-scale fights anytime soon or later this year? Is it even planned?

Many people, myself included, are very interested in such a feature.
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question 1: Are there any in progress plans to make the werewolf ultimate less suicidal in PVP.

Specifically is anyone having a look at issues where werewolves are getting locked in a stunned state and then killed far faster than if they had not transformed.

Question 2: With changes to ultimate generation in 1.6 are there plans to adjust the cost, duration, etc, etc of the Werewolf ultimate.

Question 3: Will new motifs be DLC, crown store, or will they be looted like Dwemer recipes were? E.G to make glass swords I need the glass sword recipe, and to make glass helmets I need the corresponding helm recipe.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there be any changes to make the damage stat on staffs and bows to be in line with 2h and dual wield?
    - Mojican
  • Grileenor
    Grileenor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a lot of hype and discussions about DLC and times, so please tell us:

When will you offer the first content DLCs to us? (Wrothgar, Imperial City, etc.)

Gina told something about new build options for the sorcerer (stamina dps, healing optiones, tank):

Will you offer those new class options only for the sorc, or do all classes get an overhaul? And yes, any estimates, when this will happen?

Might be asked already, but I couldn't find it. With consoles at the door, which can get the advantages of good addons as the pc version of ESO:

Will we get useful additions to the UI - perhaps even as small DLCs - to enhence the gaming experience for all and not just the pc version?

Should be optional though, some like it sparse. :wink:

• kharonkleonib16_ESO
    Hi, I've been out of the game for a few months now (regretting it so much so I'm getting right back in as soon as my pc is up and running again :D ).

And I'm wondering, will there be any chance we can get a "character sheet" that includes a self-composed backstory for the character, achievements, a list of your best Trial-times etc. that is viewable by others?

• ThunderCat
    ThunderCat
    ✭✭
    Are there any plans to reward Trial completion with Champion Points?

Due to the fact that Trial gear turned out to be somewhat useless compared to other alternatives, there isn't a real incentive to running either of the 3 trials on a regular basis apart from personal achievements. In Sigma Draconis, we theorized the following rewards:

0.5 CP for AA and Hel Ra Normal
    1 CP for AA and Hel Ra Hard Mode
    2 CP for SO Normal
    4 CP for SO Hard Mode
    Sigma Draconis [EU][DC]
    Head of Trials
    ThunderCatVoB - V14 - Nord Templar Tank
    Benjamin Dover - V14 - Dunmer DK DPS / Tank
    William Shagwell - V14 - Altmer NB DPS
    AA: 8m 33s, HR: 9m 43s, SO: 72m 58s
  • Aldmera
    Aldmera
    ✭✭
    With the inclusion of Experience Boost Potions in the Crown Store being mentioned, as well as the ESO Plus Experience Boost that is a bonus for being a subscriber, I just wanted to ask where/when I will be able to select the Experience Disable option?

All your players do NOT want to get from 1- VR14 (whatever it will be when the champ system is implemented fully) as quickly as possible. There are those of us who fully enjoy the work that you have put into the stories behind quests and the designs of the different regions/dungeons and NPCs, that we would rather not be rushed out of them by the game itself, the areas/quests becoming too easy and wanting to get back some difficulty.

(Also when I level up too quickly (out-leveling my enemies but still wanting to finish the areas quests even though they are gray) I don't get the chance to fully understand my skill's mechanics in on-level gameplay, and thus, become a button masher...)
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    When is a viable Werewolf going to be available for PVP? Is the timer ever going away? Will the lose of Ultimate ever be addressed? Will the Werewolf ever be a subclass like vampire and not an Ultimate? Will the Werewolf ever be the great hunter like in your own lore or will it still be this neutered version?
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will all characters get the highest progression from the highest horse on the account or per character?
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Question: What are PC players supposed to do until August? Since there will be no new content added to the game until then?
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneova_ESO wrote: »
    Why were entrances to the Thieves Refuge's put so far from some cities, Vulkel Guards entrances are so far? They almost leave the VG area entirely.

Have you seen Rawl'Kha? Just use that city none of the others are worth going to.
    Inco wrote: »
    Why are the past subs worth almost nothing per month for crown rewards (@100)?
    Any chance this will change before March 17th Date?

Old sub for 10 months ($150) = 1,000 crowns, but new one month sub today is worth 1,500 crowns ($15)

Why all the hate on past subs? Just seems like very poor treatment for those that struggled from day one to keep game going after being told we would never see a F2P model. (True it's not F2P, but darn close)

Suggest a more "real" number might be in the 250 or 500 crowns per month range. Folks that stuck it out should benefit from this one time event going B2P.

I think a lot of us are wondering this same thing.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible you will tone down the screaming bright color of the forums and opt for adding more muted/darker tones?

It is extemely hard on the eyes to spend any time reading here when everything is the same. Something darker with more contrast would make the fourm not only more visually interesting but also less taxing on the eyes.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us an updated perspective on what ZOS is planning for the remainder of this year after the console launch.

AaRPLAK.png
    Edited by Sacadon on February 27, 2015 2:32PM
  • Carter_DC
    Carter_DC
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that Gina is the first daughter of Akatosh himself ? And gives way to no-one except maybe Akatosh's first born Alduin ?
    I'd really like that question answered tonight. (eso live is live at 10pm in France)

More seriously, i'd like to know if PC newcomers on 03/07 will have to option to play any race in any faction (with the exception of imperial of course). Or will there be an "Explorer Pack"in the Crown Store allowing this neat option ?
    Edited by Carter_DC on February 27, 2015 4:47PM
    High Kinlady Estre was right ! Hail to the Veil !
    Fr AD Guild Arkadium.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

My question for the Devs is something I've been thinking about for a few months now. With the disparity between the classes in terms of everyone's perceived balance issues. Is it possible to make all abilities and skills work differently for PvE VS. PVP?

We already know it can be done by example for the shielding issue in 1.6. Can't this be done for everything else?
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that the main story is completed, will the new zones have Dark Anchors or will there be a different kind of group event happening?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can a STAMINA sorc buy some sorc skills please? The single stam morph we have is terrible...we have NOTHING.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
This discussion has been closed.