The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Todays Patch kills my Computer during installation!

Mumyo
Mumyo
✭✭✭✭✭
Downloads about 500mb of patch and tries to install 8GB.
During installation the computer crashes.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    It always does that, (exept for crashing your computer). It takes the 400 mb and installs it in various parts of the 8gig section already installed.

And just to let you know, after the 400 mb, installs, there is a 5 gig download.
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • ZOS_EveP
    ZOS_EveP
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has been moved to Customer Support - English
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • billcage
    billcage
    Launcher cant appyling patch.It stucked at %75 . Please can you help me ?.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swapped to the German Client now. Can't upgrade the english one!
    Now at a certain percentage my mouse and keyboard are entirely gone and i have to restart and download it all again!

U HAD ONE JOB
    We pay for a alpha here and get no money back at all.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    It obviously didn't crash it enough, since you're still posting here.
  • billcage
    billcage
    That is really weird issue.Applying patch passed % 75 to % 80 but after then returned to % 75 . I havent any idea what is going on.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It obviously didn't crash it enough, since you're still posting here.

Productivity at its best!
    Also good that it's in the customer support section without any support!
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in teamspeak and some more people are having issues with this patch!
    Even the succeeded ones report of strange jumps in % forth and back and stuff!
  • billcage
    billcage
    So i canceled to update and redownloading again 5 gb patch size :neutral_face: . I hope that it will work for me .
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    billcage wrote: »
    So i canceled to update and redownloading again 5 gb patch size :neutral_face: . I hope that it will work for me .

It doesn't. I tried that before!

Nice to pay money for that service and that issues! 90% of the time u have to fix everything all by yourself and get no money back at all!

80% of the games mechanics are not working at all! They are lucky people don't test it enough and don't know that yet!

My last try now is to delete the addons and temporary files.
    Im pretty sure that wont help and im finally out of this game!

Gamemasters usually answer that u have to solve any problems by yourself or just wait for a patch that might come in a few years!
    The eso live talks are nothing but a bad talkshow.

I'm out! And don't forget to put a "lol" at this because u are lucky not to face some of these issues!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on BASHING AND SLANDEROUS COMMENTS]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on November 27, 2014 3:27PM
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    My update got stuck due to missing hard disk space. Since i did obviously have enough free disk space i checked and found i had 114 (!) GB of temprorary files... Don't know where this was coming from, but i suspect eso ;)
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Mumyo,

We just made a post in another topic about installation issues, but hopefully this will help:
    Do you happen to run into any error messages while the patch is installing? If so, please let us know what they are and we'll be happy to help from there.

As a general step, some anti-virus/firewall software can block the installation of the game. We recommend temporarily disabling any background applications you may have running. When the installation completes, ensure that you enable your security software again.

If you're receiving a specific error message, let us know and we'll be happy to do what we can.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Mumyo,

We just made a post in another topic about installation issues, but hopefully this will help:
    Do you happen to run into any error messages while the patch is installing? If so, please let us know what they are and we'll be happy to help from there.

As a general step, some anti-virus/firewall software can block the installation of the game. We recommend temporarily disabling any background applications you may have running. When the installation completes, ensure that you enable your security software again.

If you're receiving a specific error message, let us know and we'll be happy to do what we can.
    THERE IS NO SPECIFIC ERROR!
    DURING THE INSTALLATION THE COMPUTER SIMPLY DIES! WHOLE SYSTEM CRASHES AND IN CASE I START THE BUGGY CRAPLAUNCHER AGAIN IT DOWNLOADS THE WHOLE PATCH AGAIN AND SIMPLY DIES DURING THE INSTALLATION.

Only way out is to reset the computer and not start the launcher again!
    That game is nothing but a huge error!
  • Deheart
    Deheart
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to smack any moderator/admin who advises anyone to DISABLE antivirus in order to install anything. That is just asking for trouble, especially since recently as of last night, a major internet advertizing agency has been hacked that effects many major websites with a redirect malware.

Edit, something to do with the Syrian Electronic army
    Edited by Deheart on November 27, 2014 2:46PM
    As a casual player I was satisfied that at one point I had a char max level and near max crafting with almost all motifs and I pretty much lost interest. Then ESO discovered DLC's and now my main is just a wanabe and I am happily pulled back into the game.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deheart wrote: »
    I really want to smack any moderator/admin who advises anyone to DISABLE antivirus in order to install anything. That is just asking for trouble, especially since recently as of last night, a major internet advertizing agency has been hacked that effects many major websites with a redirect malware.

I want those *** to get fired!
    I now deinstalled ESO and guess what it did... it simply deinstalled the launcher and left the entire game on my computer! EVEN THAT IS TOO MUCH FOR THIS AMATEURPROGRAMMERS!
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Mumyo,

We certainly understand that the issue is frustrating, but starting by asking probing questions is relatively standard. If there was a specific error message, it would be able to help us find more specific troubleshooting. Note that the steps to disable background applications were a general suggestion, and not specific to your issue.

As there is no error message available, we have created a customer support ticket for you. They will be able to gather and analyze the necessary information to determine why your system is crashing when you install the game. They will reach out to you via email shortly.
    Staff Post
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Mumyo,

We certainly understand that the issue is frustrating, but starting by asking probing questions is relatively standard. If there was a specific error message, it would be able to help us find more specific troubleshooting. Note that the steps to disable background applications were a general suggestion, and not specific to your issue.

As there is no error message available, we have created a customer support ticket for you. They will be able to gather and analyze the necessary information to determine why your system is crashing when you install the game. They will reach out to you via email shortly.

I found the issue
    There was a folder on my computer called elder scrolls online!
    I deleted it, everything is fine now!
  • billcage
    billcage
    I will try this.You were right . Redownloading dont work.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA THE [snip] ERROR IS YOUR LAUNCHER! SEEK THERE FOR TOUBLE AND MAYBE U SHOULD CONSIDER TESTING UR [snip] BEFORE U SERVER IT TO SOMEONE AS FOOD!

NOW i tried to patch an old version of eso on my laptop which has its completely own system and the first thing that happens is that the launcher crashes and after that it downloads a patch-tries to install it and finally the repair option appears!

GOOD WORK HERE!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on November 27, 2014 4:01PM
  • Wolfess
    Wolfess
    ✭✭
    Everyone should keep in mind that these crashes aren't the fault of any admins.. There's no need to flip your caps lock at them. They're the one who will tell the devs about your issues, so maybe you should be a bit more thankful and friendly to them. They are, after all, human beings.
  • billcage
    billcage
    @Wolfess I agree you. This issue is speacial for me i think. Other players dont have any problem during installation.
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @billcage,

We went ahead and created a support ticket for you as well so our agents can request some additional information. They will reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    Staff Post
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @billcage,

We went ahead and created a support ticket for you as well so our agents can request some additional information. They will reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    Shortly.. hours passed, no E-Mail yet.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Mumyo,

Our customer support team does their best to respond to all tickets within 24 hours. Bear in mind that today is also a holiday, so the response time may increase. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.
    Staff Post
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Mumyo,

Our customer support team does their best to respond to all tickets within 24 hours. Bear in mind that today is also a holiday, so the response time may increase. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

I would appreciate you paying me back my money.
    I would appreciate your company how to programm things properly.
    I would appreciate you telling the truth that no one of you has an idea about all this.

Due to the fact that you screw all of ur patches why do you release them on holiday when u work less as usuall ( if thats even possible).
    That is truly what makes me so sad. There is no logic in everything you do!

Thank you
  • Chazrp
    Chazrp
    Lol I gave up with this game. Customer support are *** useless enjoy the stress of trying to fix a game that only gets more broken as they release updates :smile:
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA installed the whole game again and the same issues happens!
    The customer support also didnt contact me yet.
    So is this it?
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 2: still got no Email!
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 3: A hillarious Email was sent.

I have to start the game consultant and than take a look at it by myself!

U guys ...

I solved the issue now all by myself and i can tell u one thing: Ur Launcher is the worst piece of programming ever made and ur customer support didn't help even a bit with this! Gamers outsmart you AGAIN!
    Edited by Mumyo on November 29, 2014 12:27AM
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Mumyo: you didn't give a single information about your computer. How is this thread supposed to help you? I really don't see your point other than complaining about customer support.

If the game client was completely bugged, nobody would be able to use it, which is obviously not the case. To help you, CS needs information to figure out what is causing the issue, not insults.
    Wololo.