Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If only we could have - one handed staffs!

brimits
brimits
✭✭✭
It would be really good if we could have say Healing staff in one hand and a weapon in the other.
Not only would it help in dungeons but all the passives that are available for the staff type would be in use!.
It would be good also for dual wielding with a destruction staff.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yah or two, two-handed... in both hands and two helmets would also be cool.
    Edited by kongkim on November 25, 2014 8:38PM
  • Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    What do you call a sharpened staff?

A spear.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What to you call a shortened staff?

A wand.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not that crazy. Skyrim let you have a staff and a sword. I wish there was a single weapon line. Call it fencing or something, where I don't have to use a second weapon or shield. I know crazy, right?
    :trollin:
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    ..and the ability to layer armor for those cold wintery days, 7 light, 7 med, 7 hvy.

Bundle up :D
    Edited by Evergnar on November 25, 2014 8:49PM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual wielding staffs?... now that's just silly... but even though I would never use it... there is precedent for it in the Elder Scrolls world so I put my support behind this idea 100%!

Unfortunately, my support means diddly.

anyway... Skyrim allowed dual wield staff.
    YVW2V.jpg

DualWieldingStaves.jpg

Mjoll_Dual-Wield_Staff.jpg
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Someone who wants a smaller staff.... to each his own I guess ;)
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭

Ha ha! We can Dual wield weapons or have a sword and a shield. Why not a sword and a staff or as other have been mentioning; 2 Staffs?
  • Jagath
    Jagath
    ✭✭✭
    The two staffs seems weird to me but i would love to go Gandalf style with a staff and a very sharp sword.
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Dual wielding staffs?... now that's just silly... but even though I would never use it... there is precedent for it in the Elder Scrolls world so I put my support behind this idea 100%!

Unfortunately, my support means diddly.

anyway... Skyrim allowed dual wield staff.
    YVW2V.jpg

DualWieldingStaves.jpg

Mjoll_Dual-Wield_Staff.jpg

Yes, I was disappointed to find that the weapons were not like Skyrim in that respect!
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    ..and the ability to layer armor for those cold wintery days, 7 light, 7 med, 7 hvy.

Bundle up :D

LOL. >:) I wear a pirate costume over my amour! So who would know.
    Edited by brimits on November 26, 2014 12:38AM
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Winnower wrote: »

A spear.

What do you call a shortened spear?

An arrow.
    Edited by brimits on November 26, 2014 12:17AM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A spear.

That is what I call a resto staff on my templar. It is a freaking magic spear.FO if you do not agree.

As for the OP I would like to be able to use destruction/resto spells on any weapon setup (even no weapon at all) without the staff and still get the resto destro/resto bonuses. These should be general magic schools not weapons like in older TES games. The only thing more dumb then the spell/weapon/power scaling/slot requirement I have seen in a game was in Diablo 3 where at launch the best Wizard builds required using huge 2H axes to improve your spells. :\

Second I would like all heavy attacks from any weapon /staff to return both Stamina and magicka. It would make as much sense as it does now (none) and it would promote what TES games did best but ZOS messed up that is hybrid fighter/mage builds.
    Edited by PBpsy on November 26, 2014 12:42AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that crazy. Skyrim let you have a staff and a sword. I wish there was a single weapon line. Call it fencing or something, where I don't have to use a second weapon or shield. I know crazy, right?
    In the time it takes to switch from healing to attack we can be defeated if on low health etc.. However, when there are both ready to use, it would be much better.

It's also a shame that both weapons cannot be controlled separately in dual wield. We can either attack with both or block with both at present.

The good thing about staffs is that they do not seem to depend on your Magica or stamina except for blocking.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they allowed using two staffs at once, tanks will start asking for two shields at once. Both are silly.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stuff like this, that is found in Elder Scrolls, can not and will not be allowed in ESO because of PVP. All the more reason PVP characters should be separate. Then they could make it more like an Elder scrolls game. We wouldnt have to have classes and we could do all the cool stuff that we can do in all the other games.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    If they allowed using two staffs at once, tanks will start asking for two shields at once. Both are silly.

I know what you mean. Where does it all stop?

You mention tanks with two shields though and that's fine if that's what they want. They wouldn't do a lot of drawing the opposition away without a weapon though.
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »

A spear.

That is what I call a resto staff on my templar. It is a freaking magic spear.FO if you do not agree.

As for the OP I would like to be able to use destruction/resto spells on any weapon setup (even no weapon at all) without the staff and still get the resto destro/resto bonuses. These should be general magic schools not weapons like in older TES games. The only thing more dumb then the spell/weapon/power scaling/slot requirement I have seen in a game was in Diablo 3 where at launch the best Wizard builds required using huge 2H axes to improve your spells. :\

Second I would like all heavy attacks from any weapon /staff to return both Stamina and magicka. It would make as much sense as it does now (none) and it would promote what TES games did best but ZOS messed up that is hybrid fighter/mage builds.

Ha Ha.

Yes and I don't like the armour and attribute tie in. If I've got light armour, I am surely going to need more health and health recovery and not more Magica. With medium armour Stamina is what we get most of and actually that is what I think is needed if you have heavy armour and weapons. If you use heavy then health is what we get because it is assumed that heavy is for tanks.

I would like to see a choice of such passive buffs that does not depend on armour or weapon.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield + staff would be OP.
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Someone who wants a smaller staff.... to each his own I guess ;)
    I didn't say the staffs should be smaller but if you look at the damage of, for example a smaller sword, there is not a lot of difference to a two handed one and certainly 2 small are better than 1 large for damage. As there are currently no smaller one handed staffs we don't know what the damage would be.
    Edited by brimits on November 26, 2014 1:34AM
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    Jagath wrote: »
    The two staffs seems weird to me but i would love to go Gandalf style with a staff and a very sharp sword.

Yes, I quite fancy trying that combination too.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we have 1-handed bows and 1-handed-2-handed swords too?
    Wololo.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Can we have 1-handed bows...

yes!
    117661_5.jpg
    Gyudan wrote: »
    ...and 1-handed-2-handed swords too?

YEEEESSS!!!!!
    one-handed-zweihander_berserk_4311.png

[/sarcasm]
    Edited by Gidorick on November 26, 2014 2:27AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes!
    117661_5.jpg

That's already in-game, silver bolts.
    [DC/NA]
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...You mean a wand and book combo?

sometimes wand and shield?
    ~Thallen~
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...You mean a wand and book combo?

sometimes wand and shield?

Wand and book would be awesome... but TES doesn't have book-based spells. Once a spell-tomb is read the spell is learned and the tomb is destroyed.
    Edited by Gidorick on November 26, 2014 4:23AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gandalf-two-hands.png
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No! We have seen what you do when you have one hand free.....nasty
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    yes!
    117661_5.jpg

That's already in-game, silver bolts.

I love... LOVE that skill.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why not add a weaker wand that's for 1 hand use make it use the staff skill lines only possibly limit the wand to not being dual wielded with another wand so no OP'ed resto destro dual wield combos. but allow weaker spellcasts for the option to add defensive shields and 1 handed skill line like puncture or disable certain skills for that combo like no defensive posture or shield bash while doing a dagger and shield could use some work but seems good.