The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So... about that patch.

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Calluna wrote: »
    WHY another patch today on the NA server? I downloaded it yesterday and then played this morning just fine but when I go to get online this afternoon it says I have an out of date client and I have to download 12 gig again... Some of us have slow connections and limited bandwidth for the month and double downloading patches that are already huge is definitely an issue.
    The patch was to remove a sound that was put in accidentally. It was a good thing and it should have been really small. I am actually pleased they fixed it so fast.
    :trollin:
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iduyenn wrote: »
    Next gen?

Next Gen would be to preload the patch while playing...
    oh wait... i already exists.

Its 10 am here and we didn`t even get to start downloading...

Best part is that F2P games have even figured this out. Pretty sad that ZOS can't/won't.

Welcome to 1997...
  • Thoric
    Thoric
    ✭✭
    They're amateurs at best.

I've just cancelled my sub due to this, I'm not going to sit and waste my paying days downloading 12 GB of nothing much.

Your paying day happens to be less than 50 cents for a 30 day month, and you cancelled your sub because of it ? :'( glad you don't play EVE Online then..... you should see what happens when they patch.
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    SlaaMM wrote: »
    2-3 years from now you will be hard pressed to find a residential connection without a cap, you will have to pay for business class service which requires a contract and us significantly more expensive. I have a Comcast business connection, its on contract and not cheap compared to residential connections. Exceed 250-300gb a month a few times in a row with Comcast resudential and you will get a phone call telling you to stop, refuse they shut you off.

You have found the only way to drop Comcast without getting a lawyer involved!
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    WHY another patch today on the NA server? I downloaded it yesterday and then played this morning just fine but when I go to get online this afternoon it says I have an out of date client and I have to download 12 gig again... Some of us have slow connections and limited bandwidth for the month and double downloading patches that are already huge is definitely an issue.
    The patch was to remove a sound that was put in accidentally. It was a good thing and it should have been really small. I am actually pleased they fixed it so fast.

You are not permitted to say nice things about ZOS on these boards. Please confine your comments to negative ranting.
  • Calluna
    Calluna
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry mine was 12 gig. AGAIN. I guess I could have tried the repair thing but by the time I saw the post to try that I was already 2/3 of the way through the first 6 gig download portion. And I don't really think I was ranting; that would include cussing and calling people out or sarcasm or something trollish. Kind of like your post spryler, you know the trollish sarcastic thing.

The point is that downloading 24 gig in two days is 10% of my total monthly allocation and my husband plays ESO too so that comes to 20%. Its feedback stating why this is an issue for us not ranting.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 gbs for a patch... seriously :s . I mean dang how big is the Justice system 'patch' gonna be?? My entire months gb allowance is 10 per month (satellite) and 19.99 per gb after that. This is kinda insane :( . Good thing my new sat. co gives free downloads from midnight till 5am.

You bring up a good point. Plus you have to allow for how much data you use for playing the game. On my system, it looks like ESO averages 30 kps while playing. At the bottom of this post I attached a link to a video showing me monitoring the network performance while playing ESO. I'll let the math wizards figure out how much data is used per month based on their frequency of play. It looks to me like you could play ESO PVE on a dial up as long as you have a 100 kps upload and download speed. PVP would most likely need a much higher bandwidth, but I'll test that out the next time I'm in Cyrodiil.

NOTE: Minor spoiler on a minor quest.

Here's the video. The top of the performance window is 100kps, and the bottom horizontal lines are increments of 10kps. The bottom of the chart is zero:

Link to ESO with performance monitor running

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday there was an update patching,and right now,I am waiting for another one to finish DLing.Gets tiring.
  • andrewsleonrwb17_ESO
    It's odd that a large majority of the community have focused on the issue of 'why don't you just get unlimited broadband internet' instead of understanding the issues of a large portion of the player base.

If the community banded together and wrote posts like "Wow, I have no problem with the DL but I understand why you're having issues now you've explained. Zenimax, you should be careful what you do because it has a huge impact on my guild buddies and i'm going to support them through your mistakes" then maybe Zen would sort things out rather then viewing us as a house divided.

Saying all that, i'm off, might see you all in March 2015 if I look back on the boards and see things have resolved themselves.
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even pay attention to how much data I downloaded. I don't think it took more then 20 minutes, that's how long it takes me to take a shower, or make dinner, maybe even mow the lawn....
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The level of whining and complaining is astounding. You’d think it was the end of the world or something.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spryler wrote: »

You are not permitted to say nice things about ZOS on these boards. Please confine your comments to negative ranting.

Lol, people saying nice things about fast service when it was actually a hotfix to remove a bug from a patch that was patched in over 3 months ago to remove a bug.......yeah that's service ;)
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thoric wrote: »
    They're amateurs at best.

I've just cancelled my sub due to this, I'm not going to sit and waste my paying days downloading 12 GB of nothing much.

Your paying day happens to be less than 50 cents for a 30 day month, and you cancelled your sub because of it ? :'( glad you don't play EVE Online then..... you should see what happens when they patch.

It's not just this patch that is the issue, the last two weeks there's been about three or four patches for each one the launcher decided to crap out and download a 6 GB repair file. That's 18 GB in the past two weeks I've sat in front of a launcher downloading when I could of been playing.

If you add that to the fact I also updated the game from 1.2.6 this month that's around 30 GB of updates I've had in the past month... that shouldn't be necessary for any game.

I don't have a lot of time to be playing games as I used to to due to staying in a large household atm, I can't leave my tower on all day downloading stuff because it's not fair to others.
    Edited by infraction2008b16_ESO on November 26, 2014 2:21PM
  • spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    Complaining about a large patch in a large game is like complaining about cleaning a mansion. You wanted to live in a mansion, now you gotta clean it.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about a large patch in a large game is like complaining about cleaning a mansion. You wanted to live in a mansion, now you gotta clean it.

The case here is equivalent to knocking it down and rebuilding it each time you want to sweep under the stairs..
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What, no. The problem isn't the updates, it's the size of them, we want the fixes, but want them broken up into reasonable chunks.

I don't mind waiting for an hour or so every day, but having to wait three or more hours (about length of time for last patch), wondering if the update will break the client (as it does some people's), and twiddling my thumbs is not fun.

At the minute it's huge all or nothing downloads, we can't even say that at least we would get part of it if something happens.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • DukeNugem
    DukeNugem
    Soul Shriven
    I love hearing from all the people on here that couldn't make a pong style game with no sound tell everyone about their elite IT/Server skills are are how this company are noobs.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost as good as a necromancer of threads...
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1h47o12z2l51ckhikdly401c0.png

But points for relavence
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell me again why this thread has been resurrected? :/
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow this is a major necro.
    Edited by Armitas on June 24, 2015 3:04PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello, folks.

Though we do understand that many of you may be experiencing issues with your update whether it is download speeds or errors, but the discussion has an extremely similar thread already opened titled 15 GB Patch on PS4.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.