The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 1.5.3 now?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Rodario wrote: »
    I suspect the servers are actually down and the patch got released for download before the servers were up.

Did they give any notice that there would be a maintenance today?

Did they accidentally release the patch without maintenance and now those of us who downloaded it get an invalid version error because the live game is still supposed to be 1.5.2?

How come that my gf can get into game and she sit next to me and i cant i need to repair my game?
    As she has not updated it and still run 1.5.2
    They probably removed the update already.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Hoodini
    Hoodini
    Soul Shriven
    To be honest just because you cannot play this exact moment means you need to flip a table and be gone with the game forever (leaving tickets and bug problems asside here) they will probably fix it in a moment. Go outside, have some fresh air, smack your gf on the bum and have fun!
    Options
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    oh, I like smacking the bum....nice :)
    Options
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Lol prolly one of the devs uploaded the 1.5.3 patch on the wrong server instead of up to the beta...anyway it means fixes are coming up!
    Options
  • frankb16_ESO26
    frankb16_ESO26
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, hope they fix it as soon as possible.

"We are currently investigating an issue impacting the ability for players to log onto the European Megaserver. We will provide an update shortly."

@ Hoodini

Already been outside, had fresh air did that at 8.30am, I don't have a gf so I can't "smack her bum".....And my wife would object if I did :P
    Options
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    I think it time for a shower, washing off the weekly grown on trolls and goblins...
    Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atlast something good news :P
    Options
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    6 hours waiting now...i think it's time to go out and meet somebody.
    Options
  • Baachz
    Baachz
    Soul Shriven
    Baachz wrote: »
    What happened to that link?
    Can anyone confirm if it worked or not?
    I would like to CONFIRM that the fix posted by B11zzard WORKS. I have no idea why they would wanna delete it...

Options
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 hours waiting now...i think it's time to go out and meet somebody.

Watch the skies traveler.

Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to CONFIRM that the fix posted by B11zzard WORKS. I have no idea why they would wanna delete it...
    Probably because they don't want us downloading game files through unofficial means. Perfectly understandable.
    Edited by Rosveen on November 9, 2014 12:21PM
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have the servers gone down for people who were still logged in? That would give us an idea as to their intentions to either update the server or rollback the client.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Baachz
    Baachz
    Soul Shriven
    No they havent. Playing right now
    Options
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be nice of you to actually tell us what that fix is
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have the servers gone down for people who were still logged in? That would give us an idea as to their intentions to either update the server or rollback the client.

Not sure they can rollback the client, also not sure how long it will take for them to admit the only solution is to update the server, might two or so days.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welka wrote: »

An unofficial link for the 1.5.2 build, I'm guessing.
    Options
  • Baachz
    Baachz
    Soul Shriven
    Welka wrote: »

An unofficial link for the 1.5.2 build, I'm guessing.

Yes it is. But can't link the download link since it will just get removed like the last one did.
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well about the answers to tickets: I have had always good, useable answers
    when they do not know how to solve something, well they are honest enough to let me know, and to work side-by-side with me to find a solution

don´t get your head off cauze you cannot play today, I also have to pay for using the highway and most days I am happy to make 1miles/hour there, so that is not the point...
    the point where it starts to suck for me is when it takes more days as week has to fix things
    so much time I also grant my RL business-partners
    lets play something like cards like in the old days ;-))
    Options
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amateurs at best...Jesus
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am honestly thinking this is not going to be fixed quickly. Probably the best we can hope for is that they can arrange for the EU servers to come down nearer to the time the US one normally does.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • bkzland
    bkzland
    ✭✭
    Launcher just showed the Update button, didn't look like any data was transfered, ended in repair/fail state again.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    Amateurs at best...Jesus

Amateurs almost always do better because they care about things and not about paycheck :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am honestly thinking this is not going to be fixed quickly. Probably the best we can hope for is that they can arrange for the EU servers to come down nearer to the time the US one normally does.
    Simplest solution probably is to rename the 1.5.2 version 1.5.4 and push it.
    People updates and everything works.

Low probability that 1.5.3 has done hard to reverse changes on client making patching hard. It looks like the main fixes in it is xp gain, broken crafting quests and some balance issues, nothing who really affect client.
    However it might be other client updates who did not make it for 1.5.2

If they don't managed to fix it, the other option is too update servers for 1.5.3 as soon an possible, this will probably be later today as its scheduled for US release Monday.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES it works...
    Just paste it into your "Elder Scrolls Online EU" folder and make sure not to update it again :)

It does work. If the link is removed here, go to reddit and get it from there.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Options
  • frankb16_ESO26
    frankb16_ESO26
    Soul Shriven
    well about the answers to tickets: I have had always good, useable answers
    when they do not know how to solve something, well they are honest enough to let me know, and to work side-by-side with me to find a solution

don´t get your head off cauze you cannot play today, I also have to pay for using the highway and most days I am happy to make 1miles/hour there, so that is not the point...
    the point where it starts to suck for me is when it takes more days as week has to fix things
    so much time I also grant my RL business-partners
    lets play something like cards like in the old days ;-))

As far as tickets are concerned. I get stock answers. Yes, the first response is quick because it's automated, then any backup they need to do is non-existent. If you read the stock response they say "if we don't hear a response from you about this issue within 48 hours we will assume the issue no longer exists....". Think I had a proper response once for a ticket (after 2 days), and then they basically said "watch this space, we don't know what's wrong" then they asked me to send a copy of the analysis of my computer and ESO to them which I did, and heard nothing back.

Using the road is different, completely different, it's physical and you can see it's degradation and maintenance and where your money is going to restore it, patching a hole because of overuse. Another good analogy would be your personal transport; yes, you use your car and you have to maintain it, you have to change the parts, service or get it fixed. With this game, I can't see where the money is going.....Development? Upgrading? Patching? It's something that I just pay per month for, and am beginning to enjoy less and less. Never bought a game for £35, then paid to "rent" a game monthly before, and I won't again after this experience.

Yes, they're slowly sorting out the bugs, and patching the holes. Yes, they're slowly getting all the problems solved. But I thought there was a reason for the Beta testing? I thought it was to iron this game out till all the problems were removed before the paying customer had to play it.

If this was a one off I wouldn't go off my head. :disappointed: My client/eso/game crashes at least 4-5 times each time I play, or there's an error within the game, or a glitch.

I've given the game a good run thus far. I've forgiven these crashes, glitches and errors. And yes on the whole it's a good game, I'm sure people who are just joining it now will find a much better and higher quality game than I did when I started playing 7 months ago. And in those months, yeah it's improved over and over, but this is one of the last straws. Maybe I'll feel different later?
    Options
  • Baerenknuddlerb16_ESO

122MB

Go to your installed folder.
    It's probably c:\program files (x86\zenimax online\the elder scrolls online eu\
    Extract and copy the files from this gentleman's zip archive into that folder. Move the _databuild folder into your vo_en folder.
    Go into the ..\game\client\ folder (also located right where you copied those files). Launch the game by double clicking eso.exe.
    Do not, I repeat DO NOT start the launcher the normal way, it will update the client again and undo these changes.

Thank you!

No, I won't update the client. First thing I did after the cause of this problem becam clear was to deactivate auto update.

Edit/Update:
    Didn't work for me. When I go back to the 1.5.2 version I'm stucked to the problem I had for the last 1 1/2 weeks trying to install the client: Client crash on startup.
    Edited by Baerenknuddlerb16_ESO on November 9, 2014 2:01PM
    Options