The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

NB stealth

• iliatha
    iliatha
    ✭✭✭
    every charge attack countering now cloack skill, bug or intended ? ^ i hate it :disappointed: same question for weapon switch during stealth -> self-destealth..
    Options
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch 1.54 fixed the popping out of stealth when swapping weapons... allegedly.

I haven't tried since patch though, can someone confirm.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Burning talons is a DoT, so why wouldn't cloak remove it? Grab choking Talons if you don't want Dark Cloak to remove your Root.
    Burning Talons does physical damage along with a dot and is a cc
    Edited by Chesimac on November 14, 2014 2:32AM
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    It did remove Curse, I used to remove it all the time. What version of it I don't know. And yeah sure, I could view Talons as a DoT but not in a traditional way as I see it as a CC that damages while it holds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xeQCaH28Vk&list=UUdXnxYWeey2qbQ2K8Y8Lt6A
    This was 2 months ago (curse and cloak at 0:12)
    Edited by Chesimac on November 14, 2014 2:48AM
    Options
  • leovuoeb17_ESO
    Chesimac wrote: »
    It did remove Curse, I used to remove it all the time. What version of it I don't know. And yeah sure, I could view Talons as a DoT but not in a traditional way as I see it as a CC that damages while it holds.

Oh, I can't argue against that video, I stand corrected. But it irks me as I could have sworn I got cursed and popped Dark Cloak and not blowing up! :)

Options
  • murtugo
    murtugo
    ✭✭✭
    I like cloak... I just hope they would make it last longer.

o:)
    Edited by murtugo on November 15, 2014 4:42AM
    Options
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    the problem is - id trade every 1 of those skills at the same time for Green Dragon Blood, sorc shield, or templer heal
    Edited by Spangla on November 15, 2014 9:25AM
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, I can't argue against that video, I stand corrected. But it irks me as I could have sworn I got cursed and popped Dark Cloak and not blowing up! :)

No problem
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    the problem is - id trade every 1 of those skills at the same time for Green Dragon Blood, sorc shield, or templer heal

No offense, but I don't think you've ever tried a stealthy nightblade build. Cloak is what makes us unique, even though it breaks sometimes. With my kill-you-in-2 or 3 shots build (Stygian rulz!), cloak helps me more than a nightblade style breath of life if a group of anatagonized bananas or smurfs are chasing me after I pick somebody off
    Edited by Chesimac on November 15, 2014 1:26PM
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Patch 1.54 fixed the popping out of stealth when swapping weapons... allegedly.

I haven't tried since patch though, can someone confirm.

yeah it was fixed
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Cloak works for me. A few things break it, but I enioy it.
    The issue for me is that our DoTs break cloak. So if I lay down Refreshing Path I cannot use cloak until the duration of Refreshing Path is finished. There is no such restriction to any other class on any of their abilities.
    Curse isn't a DoT effect it's meant to stay on you when you cloak... Was meant to be a skill to counter nb stealth
    Is it now? Can you cite a source to that?
    VileIntent wrote: »
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139690/is-shadow-cloak-ever-going-to-be-addressed#latest

you need to understand how cloak works. it isn't a damage immune ability.
    I am not complaining that I take damage while cloaked but should that damage also knock me out of stealth? I really don't see why it should.
    A self heal would be nice, and I don't use the cloak, it's too brief for my tastes, now if it was a toggled ability that used up magicka at a set rate, then I would use it. But I find it gives out just as I get somewhere awkward.
    We have plenty of self heals. We do not need another.
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    I use my cloak fairly often, but it does lack a bit of bang for its buck in my opinion. IMO one of the best attributes of this ability is how it can be used to hide or escape. I would love this ability if it was toggle like the fire ability DKs have access to. If it would stay on as long as it was toggled (providing you don't get hit with the stuff that breaks it normally) I would be one happy camper. I find myself mostly using cloak when I have snuck away from the losing fight waiting to rez my teammates and have to play dodge the zerg. Having this ability on a toggle might make that far more satisfying.

Perhaps rather than remove cloak, change its morphs so that one provides an offensive bonus while the other provides a heal for X% of your total health. Having an ability that toggles would also combat the forever in combat bug which seems to occur in Cyrodiil quite often. Also, I get being detected while in normal stealth by the terminators that are Keep NPCs, but why doesn't cloak break aggro like it does in PvE? This seems like it would be a worthwhile ability for NBs to have.
    I love the idea of a toggle that drains magicka while it's on. Essentially no different than spamming it.

I pretty much agree with you on all of this as well as Mr. Ghosty.

I see no reason why cloak should be so easy to 'break' for the magika spent. Does a Dot break heals where you stop healing because you took damage? Does a shield break when you take a little damage or does it last the whole time it should or take all the damage it should? The only precedent for it is with some stun, confusion skills that break once the target takes damage. Other than that I'm not seeing it. Typically if you sped the magika you get the effect. A NB should get 2.9 seconds of WTF not being seen after casting the spell...period...forgoing a negate or mage light spell. Efff detection pots. Those need to gtfo of eso.
    Options
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

No offense, but I don't think you've ever tried a stealthy nightblade build. Cloak is what makes us unique, even though it breaks sometimes. With my kill-you-in-2 or 3 shots build (Stygian rulz!), cloak helps me more than a nightblade style breath of life if a group of anatagonized bananas or smurfs are chasing me after I pick somebody off

I've been trying to effectively make 1 work in pvp forever - when i hit major rank i gave up. You may think that hiding and shooting people off their horse is effective. But it isnt and any class can do it

Options
  • Nacario
    Nacario
    ✭✭✭

I've been trying to effectively make 1 work in pvp forever - when i hit major rank i gave up. You may think that hiding and shooting people off their horse is effective. But it isnt and any class can do it

It can be effective in its own way though if you want to take out a target, and instead of dying to nearby enemies, you manage to pull off an escape with cloak - something the other classes cant do.
    Options
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you mean like the sorc cant get get away far more effectively using bolt escape?
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is breaking a lot in Cyrodiil. I think I'm going to run video today. I have no idea what's doing it, but it's happening a lot.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still keep dark cloak on the bar, even with the high failure rate. I use it to remove dots (works on nasty things like boiling oil, unstable flame, etc.), and going stealth gives me a big boost to armor/spell resistance(almost to cap for my build) for 4 seconds even if i get instantly uncovered again. Also, it often makes ranged projectiles miss, even if the projectile uncovers you (i cloak, get instantly uncloaked, but that crystal fragment whiffs past me).
    Edited by Sharee on November 20, 2014 1:29PM
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please remove the cloak and give us a self heal as it seems you cant fix it and im sure 90% on nightblades would like a self heal instead of a skill that ALWAYS has something wrong with it most nightblades i know dont even use cloak unless they want to remove a DOT so just give us a self heal or maybe even a damage shield something that is actually usefull PLEASE DISCUSS GUYS AND GIRLS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AS A FELLOW NIGHTBLADE OR EVEN OTHER CLASSES
    NO, Nightblades have several self heals, just not any big ones, and that's just fine. Plus we have the best tanking Ultimate in the game and +30% Potion effect (my VR5 Triad pots are just over 1K instant Health then nearly 1K HoT). Don't remove our Stealth just because a few players have issues with it, I use mine all the time when I'm doing something sneaky to great effect, like getting all but (3) Craglorn Skyshards (1 - Lower, 2 - Upper where it's room pull) solo.

Besides, you should just be happy that ZoS has fixed most of the NB problems we had from launch.
    Edited by DeLindsay on November 20, 2014 4:13PM
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    I see no reason why cloak should be so easy to 'break' for the magika spent. Does a Dot break heals where you stop healing because you took damage? Does a shield break when you take a little damage or does it last the whole time it should or take all the damage it should? The only precedent for it is with some stun, confusion skills that break once the target takes damage. Other than that I'm not seeing it. Typically if you sped the magika you get the effect. A NB should get 2.9 seconds of WTF not being seen after casting the spell...period...forgoing a negate or mage light spell. Efff detection pots. Those need to gtfo of eso.

I totally agree here,

I have wrote about this before, so I'm copying and pasting here,

link- http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/140824/zos-cloak-is-snip-up-again-video

"Thats why Shadow Cloak and it's morph's should not break on anything. If I get a DOT on me then just let me take the damage, if I am in a AOE I should take the damage, but cloak should not break, like I have said in previous post's, when a Sorceror cast's Bolt Escape and he takes damage, does Bolt Escape fail, No... if a Dragonknight casts Green Dragon Blood and he takes damage does the ability fail, No..

Sooo it should be like that for Shadow Cloak and it's Morph's, if I take damage guess what.. Currently= Cloak fails... I say no it shouldn't, if I have the Magicka and cast the spell then it should work for 2.5-2.9 sec's full stop, it should not break on anything. If someone has Magelight and is close enough to the caster to see through the cloak then the Shadow Cloak caster should be revealed to that person, but to everyone else the cloak should still be working (the caster should be invisible and not target-able) for that time period. If the Shadow Cloak caster is taking damage then he should just take the damage..

No where in the Tool Tip does it say that Shadow Cloak (and it's Morph's) break on damage, NO WHERE.."
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    ...everyone can get an invisibility potion, that lasts longer, AND is not bugged all to heck...

Potion invisibility is bugged as well, one just can not chain spam potions to see how horribly so. It's same as with the cloak; most of the time you are thrown out of stealth, hit anyway or simply can not hide when it wears off (which is different but related bug).
    Cody wrote: »
    as soon as we can use cloak near enemy players, and it lasts the FULL 2.9 seconds, and not only 0.5 seconds, then it will be fixed

And then they will have to nerf it in wake of surge of hit-and-run trollblades.
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Nightblade?? I am still levelling mine up, but I haven't noticed a selfheal. I will take another look.

Funnel Health, Sap Essence, Killer's Blade, Mark target, Refreshing Path.

When people say we have no self heals, they are referring to heals that can be cast without a target. Refreshing Path is so weak it's not worth mentioning.

There's a reason the best Nightblade builds carry a resto staff.
    Options
  • Shizashane
    Shizashane
    ✭✭✭
    You could replace shadow cloak with an ability called Unholy Smoke (mini bolstering darkness) it grants the user quick stealth bonus to get into normal stealth, while snaring enemies caught inside. One morph could add a Dot, the other a nice size Health regen. or something along those lines. I love Shadow Cloak but I want it to work right.
    "Sound the charge, into glory ride! 10,000 side by side"
    Options
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for likes shadow cloak now, even though it needs to be tweaked.
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
    Options
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they could do is beef/buff refreshing path a boat load - its pretty poo atm.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Burning talons is a DoT, so why wouldn't cloak remove it? Grab choking Talons if you don't want Dark Cloak to remove your Root.
    Cloak is supposed negative effects. It's right in the description. I count DoT's among negative effects.

No they really can't. We can uniquely use stealth during combat in a way that no other class is capable of. That is the most distinct thing about the NB class.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shizashane wrote: »
    You could replace shadow cloak with an ability called Unholy Smoke (mini bolstering darkness) it grants the user quick stealth bonus to get into normal stealth, while snaring enemies caught inside. One morph could add a Dot, the other a nice size Health regen. or something along those lines. I love Shadow Cloak but I want it to work right.
    It's fine the way it is assuming it works. There is no need to change what it's supposed to do. 2.5 seconds of invisibility, end of story. We pay the magicka we get the invisibility. Even sorcerers can bolt escape while rooted. In fact BE has literally no counter to it. If they spend the magicka it works and it should be the same for Cloak. People that disagree with this are the ones who are scared sh**less of NBs to begin with and would really be wetting themselves if we ever get this fixed.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭

Cloak is supposed negative effects. It's right in the description. I count DoT's among negative effects.

No they really can't. We can uniquely use stealth during combat in a way that no other class is capable of. That is the most distinct thing about the NB class.

No you're right casting cloak in burning talons removes the dot but you are still cced
    Edited by Chesimac on November 26, 2014 8:35PM
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    This person said that cloak should remove talons so I made the point of saying dark cloak doesn't break cc... should have specified that it removes the dot
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am extremely frustrated with cloak. It constantly breaks from damage sources because of crappy game latency. Skills hit before you technically cloak according to the server but you don't actually get hit until your already cloaked and then boom cloak is broken. This skill has saved me many times but has also gotten me killed many times because it FAILS miserably to work as intended.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am extremely frustrated with cloak. It constantly breaks from damage sources because of crappy game latency. Skills hit before you technically cloak according to the server but you don't actually get hit until your already cloaked and then boom cloak is broken. This skill has saved me many times but has also gotten me killed many times because it FAILS miserably to work as intended.

You just summarized cloak sooo accurately
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No you're right casting cloak in burning talons removes the dot but you are still cced

i did not know it still removed the DoT.
    Options