Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

@ZOS Cloak is [snip] up again [VIDEO]

TheBull
TheBull
✭✭✭✭✭
It's breaking for what seems like NO reason at times when retreating from 2 or more enemies in Cyrodiil. Also NBs are remaining revealed after they cloak at times. I see them they are red but not invisible.

Things had gotten a lot better prior to 1.5. Since then it feels like those fixes have been reverted. Not the NBs own DoT fixes but the other ones.

I'm no Q/A tester so I do not know how to methodically test for the problem. I'm a player though playing an NB and watching it happen over and over throughout the night. It's back to the point were we need to spam it to have any hope of it holding.

PLEASE re look into this. I know many have cried wolf, but this is bad AGAIN.
@ZOS_GinaBruno‌
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
Edited by TheBull on November 22, 2014 8:14PM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with understanding what is breaking cloak is that there are so many elements in the game that can break cloak, e.g.; enemy dots, curse, mage light, detection potions, AOE, enemy damage (direct, AOE or effect.) and or snares. This means you are pretty much Effed when there are multiple enemies around. Not always but pretty much ya, your going down.

Cloak doesn't work as it should IMO but it does work. You can't rely on it as you did pre- 1.3. And you'll have to spam it enough for snares n crud to ware off. Purge is your friend. It and Dodge Roll are your friend. Purge to get rid of Curse and Mark, dodge roll to get distance and added speed as well as dodge other incoming shots with cloak on roll end. You'll be hauling ass out of the area.

If your not a magika build hit a magika potion for a couple extra cloak spams and then stealth while cloaked. I've found after the last update that I am stealthed after the spell ends so long as I didn't damage but not kill someone just beforehand.
    Edited by Vizier on November 22, 2014 5:37AM
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a video example of staying revealed after cloak has been engaged.

Cloak is pressed, it activates, 2 seconds later I'm hit while I should be cloaked.

It's not latency, it's not magelight. This happens ALL the time to all NBs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVBcVcacrnI&feature=youtu.be
    No I can't tell you why, but am I really supposed to?

Please look into this.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    Edited by TheBull on November 22, 2014 8:05PM
    Options
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    That looks like shadowy cloak to me. (I'm not sure though).
    If you're using shadowy cloak remember that it doesn't remove negative effects, so if you have a DoT on you it will pull you out of cloak.
    If it's dark cloak, however, it should have worked.
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihili wrote: »
    That looks like shadowy cloak to me. (I'm not sure though).
    If you're using shadowy cloak remember that it doesn't remove negative effects, so if you have a DoT on you it will pull you out of cloak.
    If it's dark cloak, however, it should have worked.
    it's dark cloak and you can see that the DoT seems to be removed after the activation.

edit- Im not sure there was even a DoT involved.
    Edited by TheBull on November 22, 2014 8:11PM
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup,
    You were definitely cloaked and someone hit you during the Cloak time. Thats why Shadow Cloak and it's morph's should not break on anything. If I get a DOT on me then just let me take the damage, if I am in a AOE I should take the damage, but cloak should not break, like I have said in previous post's, when a Sorceror cast's Bolt Escape and he takes damage, does Bolt Escape fail, No... if a Dragonknight casts Green Dragon Blood and he takes damage does the ability fail, No..

Sooo it should be like that for Shadow Cloak and it's Morph's, if I take damage guess what.. Currently= Cloak fails... I say no it shouldn't, if I have the Magicka and cast the spell then it should work for 2.5-2.9 sec's full stop, it should not break on anything. If someone has Magelight and is close enough to the caster to see through the cloak then the Shadow Cloak caster should be revealed to that person, but to everyone else the cloak should still be working (the caster should be invisible and not target-able) for that time period. If the Shadow Cloak caster is taking damage then he should just take the damage..

No where in the Tool Tip does it say that Shadow Cloak (and it's Morph's) break on damage, NO WHERE..
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on November 22, 2014 8:53PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup,
    You were definitely cloaked and someone hit you during the Cloak time. Thats why Shadow Cloak and it's morph's should not break on anything. If I get a DOT on me then just let me take the damage, if I am in a AOE I should take the damage, but cloak should not break, like I have said in previous post's, when a Sorceror cast's Bolt Escape and he takes damage, does Bolt Escape fail, No... if a Dragonknight casts Green Dragon Blood and he takes damage does the ability fail, No..

Sooo it should be like that for Shadow Cloak and it's Morph's, if I take damage guess what.. Currently= Cloak fails... I say no it shouldn't, if I have the Magicka and cast the spell then it should work for 2.5-2.9 sec's full stop, it should not break on anything. If someone has Magelight and is close enough to the caster to see through the cloak then the Shadow Cloak caster should be revealed to that person, but to everyone else the cloak should still be working (the caster should be invisible and not target-able) for that time period. If the Shadow Cloak caster is taking damage then he should just take the damage..

No where in the Tool Tip does it say that Shadow Cloak (and it's Morph's) break on damage, NO WHERE..

I'm really not sure why they haven't gone this path. It would be way less complicated and work so much better.

Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have started PVP a lot lately. Same thing.

Creep upto mages at resource. I can be stealthed cloaked and still be detected by mages before I even get into lethal arrow max range.

I can hide in the open behind a rock stealthed/cloaked and a mage/DK/NB will walk right upto me from no where and gank me.

Clearly I am neither stealthed nor cloaked. Really is useless/pointless.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 22, 2014 9:54PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is another example. I cloak, then almost 2 seconds later a crystal shard hit me. Am I wrong for relying on a core skill to work as intended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyTSxeWgEkk&feature=youtu.be

I can make this vids all day...
    Edited by TheBull on November 22, 2014 11:41PM
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens is the cloak breaks the first attack, but anything else on the way to you doesn't get broken, and so hits you and breaks cloak. You'll find often if you spam cloak a couple of times (with two enemies on you), it stays unbroken because it breaks both attacks coming at you. I'm pretty sure this isn't wai. One press of cloak should break all attacks coming at you, not just one.

But DoTs and AoE break cloak and I think this is wai.
    Options
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens is the cloak breaks the first attack, but anything else on the way to you doesn't get broken, and so hits you and breaks cloak. You'll find often if you spam cloak a couple of times (with two enemies on you), it stays unbroken because it breaks both attacks coming at you. I'm pretty sure this isn't wai. One press of cloak should break all attacks coming at you, not just one.

But DoTs and AoE break cloak and I think this is wai.

And see that's why it should not break at all.. and during that Cloak time you should be untargetable (see my above reference if anyone does not understand)..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
    Options
  • HeX7
    HeX7
    ✭✭✭
    Every MMO I have ever played in my life has had some form of Cloak/Invis ability and I've never seen such poor execution of the feature. I don't even use it on my NB because it isn't worth the wasted magicka, honestly.
    Options
  • Hortator Mopa
    Hortator Mopa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeap, cloak still doesnt work I see. Tried it when I was v10 in pvp about 4 days after release. Have not used it since and I figure they would still be leaving it broken...

But hey the faces look better....
    Options
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you show a video where you are fully cloaked before you begin a fight and then are detected?
    Options
  • smtdbplus
    smtdbplus
    ✭✭✭
    I am a NB and also hunt NBs.

This is my observation, just before a NB cloaks, if you do a magical range attack, by the time the attack reaches the NB, it travels like a guided missile and pop NB back from invisible. Once NB is out, you do another magical range attack, same thing happens again and again. (Interestingly enough, melee range like bow seems not popping NB out from Cloak.)

I was in this situation for so many times. Each cloak was popped out, and my record is about 10 times, and finally dead.

Let me explain this from programming design point of view (I was in software industry for many years)

1. Enemy PC - magical range skill pressed. Communication packet sent to server.
    2. Server - receive the command. Acknowledge the Enemy PC
    3. Enemy PC - start the projectile drawing.

4. NB PC - cloak pressed. Communication packet sent to server
    5. Server - receive the cloak command. Acknowledge the NB PC, and broadcast the packet of "NB-position-is-unknown".
    6. NB PC - acknowledgement received, draw the invisible NB
    7. Enemy PC - receive "NB-position-is-unknown", NB disappears from the screen

8. Server - [after 0.x second] Check the hit result, and the Server DOES NOT CHECK WHETHER NB IS ALREADY IN CLOAK. And return the magical range attack hit !!!
    9. Server - Pop the NB back out from Invisible, broadcast the NB position.
    10. NB PC - NB is popped out and got hit.
    11. Enemy PC - NB is popped out, do another attack!!!

The problem is at point 8, if the server code checks if NB is invisible already, just report attack miss, and do not broadcast NB position, that will fix the issue.

Sample code

if !(target.isVisible())
    {
    return STATE_ATTACK_MISSED;
    }
    else
    {
    // do whatever probablity calculation and damage deduction
    return STATE_Whatever;
    }

@ZOS, hope this would help. Thanks.

Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    75 Kills, 17 Killing Blows, 4 deaths over hours of Game Play and escaped certain death multiple times, enemy always near by but with shadow cloak, stealth and speed (Night Silence) I pretty much engaged under my terms. This is not just camp and wait gank play either. I sieged multiple keeps, entered them, fought.

(I know these are not stellar stats but the ratio is acceptable and considering how many times I escaped less than advantageous engagements I can't really complain too much about cloak...just saying.

Cloak isn't perfect but it's Oh so useful.
    Edited by Vizier on November 24, 2014 8:20AM
    Options
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem, too.
    Additional to that, right after casting it, the enemies (PvE) regenerate their health immediately and run back to their starting point as if nothing happened. While I still or again have to wait for magicka etc. to regenerate, of course.
    Doesn't happen always, though, just sometimes, I don't know why.
    But I know that Cloak (Shadow Disguise morph) causes it since it never happens when I don't cast it.

Another thing I experienced today when I was in Cyrodiil trying to get the skyshards behind all 4 gates. I did get them all, and I could easily get through the gates while spamming Cloak.
    But usually, right behind the gates (inside) combat stops. I've done it with 2 Sorcerers before, and they were not even invisible. With my NB after using Cloak, I stayed visible when the effect was over until I was about halfway to the skyshard already, although I was in stealth constantly.
    Cloak did work here to make me invisible, but broke my stealth afterwards for some reason. But I cannot cast it all the time since I'm running low on magicka pretty soon. This happened behind all 4 gates.

I don't know what's wrong with this spell/skill, but I guess I won't use it anymore before it's fixed.
    Edited by Moonshadow66 on November 23, 2014 9:35AM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

Options