The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

NB stealth

keni_harringtonb16_ESO
please remove the cloak and give us a self heal as it seems you cant fix it and im sure 90% on nightblades would like a self heal instead of a skill that ALWAYS has something wrong with it most nightblades i know dont even use cloak unless they want to remove a DOT so just give us a self heal or maybe even a damage shield something that is actually usefull PLEASE DISCUSS GUYS AND GIRLS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AS A FELLOW NIGHTBLADE OR EVEN OTHER CLASSES
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep - Cloak is massively buggy. Ill take a self heal over a skill that can be negated by a cheap potion please.
    Options
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Hell id take something that makes me glow instead. That way I can go super saiyan! Well at least in my mind before I'm killed jn two secs.
    Cloak is crap. Has been and seems like always will be.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak works well in PvE.... however, it has to work in PvP as well.

it is one of the few things that sets NBs apart in PvP, and it can be stopped by a freaking potion...

heck it does not even set NBs apart to be honest!!! everyone can get an invisibility potion, that lasts longer, AND is not bugged all to heck. only thing missing is the, admittedly, good morphs you can get for cloak, but if it breaks in 0.5 seconds 75% of the time...... you wont be using those morphs:((and it is 0.5 seconds, I counted)

give my NB a self heal any day in replacement of cloak. maybe a "shadow heal" or some such thing.(actually sounds cool in my opinion :D) and I mean instant. HoTs don't work so well in combat unless it actually heals a decent amount.

as soon as we can use cloak near enemy players, and it lasts the FULL 2.9 seconds, and not only 0.5 seconds, then it will be fixed
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave my Cloak Alone. It's working very well for me. Your just not using it right. If you want to be a tanky NB I understand that and couldn't agree more that some kind of better self heal is needed. Maybe improved refreshing path...but leave cloak alone. It's actually working quite well. I stay near the enemy and escape the craziest encounters vs single and multiple enemy regularly. Maybe use Night Silence for more stealth speed. That's actually pretty important. It synergizes very well with cloak.
    Options
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier im not agreeing with you. there are moments i get kicked out of cloak everytime i cast it. im vamp so i got enough stealth speed. it seems like if someone hits you and you cloak at the same time. the dmg lands and kicks you out of cloak again.

Cloak should be our escape ability that is reliable. Even sorcerers have easier time escaping which doesnt follow the lore. If cloak fails im dead anyways vs every other class 1v1
    Edited by Sypherioth on November 7, 2014 3:49PM
    Options
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    I want cloak left alone.
    That's my opinion.
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want cloak to be fixed once and for all or remove it and give us something else.
    Options
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems ZOS is more intent on nerfing NBs (like the Leeching Strikes nerf) than actually fixing any of the bugs that have been around for a year now (beta).

I'm sorry to be negative, but as a NB I feel as if our class is always getting the short end of the stick.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please remove the cloak and give us a self heal as it seems you cant fix it and im sure 90% on nightblades would like a self heal instead of a skill that ALWAYS has something wrong with it most nightblades i know dont even use cloak unless they want to remove a DOT so just give us a self heal or maybe even a damage shield something that is actually usefull PLEASE DISCUSS GUYS AND GIRLS LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AS A FELLOW NIGHTBLADE OR EVEN OTHER CLASSES
    Terrible idea. I use it all the time actually. And I love it when it works. Please stop making it seem like you speak for all of us.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Ye it just should be fixed and reliable since in pvp its the only good defensive skill a NB have imo. Only thing that can keep me alive if someone is coming for me is escaping.
    Options
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak works for me. A few things break it, but I enioy it.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypherioth wrote: »
    Vizier im not agreeing with you. there are moments i get kicked out of cloak everytime i cast it. im vamp so i got enough stealth speed. it seems like if someone hits you and you cloak at the same time. the dmg lands and kicks you out of cloak again.

Cloak should be our escape ability that is reliable. Even sorcerers have easier time escaping which doesnt follow the lore. If cloak fails im dead anyways vs every other class 1v1

And I'm not saying I disagree with you totally. Sometimes I get thrown out of cloak and I don't know why. It used to happen ALL the time, especially after 1.2 and 1.3. For me that time is a memory considering the utility of it for me now.

I am saying the idea of removing it altogether is BAD, BAD, BAD, IMHO. It is still very effective for me even if it does break sometimes. I do believe some who claim it breaks are just victims of detection pots and magelight etc. There are, however, times I've been targeted by charge etc while within the effect time of shadow cloak, although that actually hasn't happened to me in a long time.

I honestly would be loud and unforgiving if cloak wasn't saving my rear end over and over and over again right now. It's working for me and I swear to you I can't believe the situations I extract myself from time and time again because of, cloak, purge, dodge roll and night silence. The synergy of those skills is working very well and if cloak was broken there would be no synergy at all and I would be dead 10X the current rate.
    Edited by Vizier on November 7, 2014 11:51PM
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

And I'm not saying I disagree with you totally. Sometimes I get thrown out of cloak and I don't know why. It used to happen ALL the time, especially after 1.2 and 1.3. For me that time is a memory considering the utility of it for me now.

I am saying the idea of removing it altogether is BAD, BAD, BAD, IMHO. It is still very effective for me even if it does break sometimes. I do believe some who claim it breaks are just victims of detection pots and magelight etc. There are, however, times I've been targeted by charge etc while within the effect time of shadow cloak, although that actually hasn't happened to me in a long time.

I honestly would be loud and unforgiving if cloak wasn't saving my rear end over and over and over again right now. It's working for me and I swear to you I can't believe the situations I extract myself from time and time again because of, cloak, purge, dodge roll and night silence. The synergy of those skills is working very well and if cloak was broken there would be no synergy at all and I would be dead 10X the current rate.

you have no idea how many times it only lasts 0.5 out of the 2.9 seconds for me while in cyrodill..... i have come VERY close to just removing it from my bow bar(and i have for my 2H bar already) as it kicks me out WAY before the 2.9 seconds(why not just round it up and make it three? lol) ends. it malfunctions FAR to much for the amount of magicka it costs if you dont have serious magic cost reduction.

if ZOS wont fix it, they may as well remove it. I would hate to see it go, seeing as how its one of the reasons why i originally picked the class in the first place, but if i were to get a NB instant self-heal of my own.... i would not complain
    Edited by Cody on November 10, 2014 10:21PM
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

you have no idea how many times it only lasts 0.5 out of the 2.9 seconds for me while in cyrodill..... i have come VERY close to just removing it from my bow bar(and i have for my 2H bar already) as it kicks me out WAY before the 2.9 seconds(why not just round it up and make it three? lol) ends. it malfunctions FAR to much for the amount of magicka it costs if you dont have serious magic cost reduction.

if ZOS wont fix it, they may as well remove it. I would hate to see it go, seeing as how its one of the reasons why i originally picked the class in the first place, but if i were to get a NB instant self-heal of my own.... i would not complain

Oh, I do. It did this to me months back when everything broke stealth and you'd spam it several times withing a few seconds just to run out of magika and die.

While on the subject after this 1.5.3 I've noticed a drastic decrease in Cloak effectiveness. Dots aren't being removed and cloak is borking. Definitely not acting as it was....sigh. Guess it's another step back for NB's. I'll follow up on this over the next couple days of play when I'm able to test in more situations than the one PvP area I've been hitting this afternoon.

Update: Looks to be working fairly well but less so when it's real laggy. One pattern I noticed seems to be a sorc spell that is really Effing up the cloaking. I think it's Curse but I can't be certain. There is somewhat of a blue sparkling mist that engulfs the character. Purge was the cure but can be difficult when tons of enemy around. As the night went on and I got into the rhythm didn't let myself get surrounded cloak once again was doing what it was supposed to. I didn't get cursed much either. At least if that's the spell that was problematic. In any case Purge is NB friend. It's invaluable.
    Edited by Vizier on November 11, 2014 7:15AM
    Options
  • leovuoeb17_ESO
    Yes, I've noticed Curse not being removed properly by Dark Cloak. Going to watch more closely at other DoT's aswell to see if they are removed as they should.
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curse isn't a DoT effect it's meant to stay on you when you cloak... Was meant to be a skill to counter nb stealth
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chesimac wrote: »
    Curse isn't a DoT effect it's meant to stay on you when you cloak... Was meant to be a skill to counter nb stealth

there is already a potion and a skill called magelight for that. we dont need anything else breaking the broken stealth.
    Edited by Cody on November 12, 2014 12:24PM
    Options
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139690/is-shadow-cloak-ever-going-to-be-addressed#latest

you need to understand how cloak works. it isn't a damage immune ability.
    Edited by VileIntent on November 12, 2014 12:37PM
    Options
  • VileIntent
    VileIntent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curse isn't a DoT effect it's meant to stay on you when you cloak...

this is correct

TheBucket wrote: »

i agree

you need to listen to the guy your quoting, it isn't broke and you just don't understand how it works. removing cloak would be a huge HELL NO from me.
    to many damn heals in this game already.

I'll explain Cloak mechanics:
    It is an invisibility it does not protect you from damage. taking damage breaks it. Any Area of Effect spell will break Cloak, IE Drain Power, Impulse, Whirlwind, Cleave. If the spell is capable of being cast by you and do damage with it without targetting anyone and has an area of effect, it will break it.

Cloak also works like a LoS breaker for ranged attacks, BUT if the ranged attack is "in flight" it WILL still damage you and break cloak. Charges work like a melee version of a ranged attack, if the server recognizes the attack prior to the cloak they will charge and knock you out of it. Also passives abilities like the 2 handed Forceful passive will break you out of it if the splash damage hits you.

Dark Cloak morph only removes Damage over time spells like cripple and bleeds. Daedric Curse is a delayed Direct Damage spell that has an AoE.

Shadowy Disguise has it's own special issue where if you cast a range attack (like snipe) then cloak, when the attack lands it applies the crit to that attack and consumes the cloak. (This imho is a bug and should have been fixed with the DoT cast by you breaking cloak.) If it hasn't bug report it.

I hope this helps clarify cloak for those who don't fully understand how it works.

lastly Latency can play a huge issue as well in timing of attacks and usage of cloak to the server.
    Edited by VileIntent on November 12, 2014 1:10PM
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A self heal would be nice, and I don't use the cloak, it's too brief for my tastes, now if it was a toggled ability that used up magicka at a set rate, then I would use it. But I find it gives out just as I get somewhere awkward.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VileIntent wrote: »

this is correct

i agree

you need to listen to the guy your quoting, it isn't broke and you just don't understand how it works. removing cloak would be a huge HELL NO from me.

It is an invisibility it does not protect you from damage. taking damage breaks it. Any Area of Effect spell will break Cloak, IE Drain Power, Impulse, Whirlwind, Cleave. If the spell is capable of being cast by you and do damage with it without targetting anyone and has an area of effect, it will break it.

Cloak also works like a LoS breaker for ranged attacks, BUT if the ranged attack is "in flight" it WILL still damage you and break cloak. Charges work like a melee version of a ranged attack, if the server recognizes the attack prior to the cloak they will charge and knock you out of it. Also passives abilities like the 2 handed Forceful passive will break you out of it if the splash damage hits you.

Dark Cloak morph only removes Damage over time spells like cripple and bleeds. Daedric Curse is a delayed Direct Damage spell that has an AoE.

Shadowy Disguise has it's own special issue where if you cast a range attack (like snipe) then cloak, when the attack lands it applies the crit to that attack and consumes the cloak. (This imho is a bug and should have been fixed with the DoT cast by you breaking cloak.) If it hasn't bug report it.

I hope this helps clarify cloak for those who don't fully understand how it works.

lastly Latency can play a huge issue as well in timing of attacks and usage of cloak to the server.
    The bold is the problem and was supposed to fixed a few patches ago. While in cloak projectiles have 100% chance to miss. This a bug that was reintroduced in patch 1.5. Clock should NOT break from incoming non AoE attacks period.

I will dig up the thread, video, and ZOS response to that thread and video if needed be.

edit- Here,

ZOS_JessicaFolsom admin
    September 15 Staff Post
    There is still a 100% miss chance for projectiles on Dark Cloak. If you're encountering something that seems otherwise, we'd like to hear more details, please (possibly even a video, would be helpful).
    Jessica Folsom

ZOS_JessicaFolsom admin
    September 15 Staff Post
    AlienDiplomat wrote: »
    Alright, I'll synch up my dignity and head back into Cyrodiil with my Fraps running. XD

Thanks so much, Alien. For what it's worth, what you're reporting should not be the case, so it's just a matter of narrowing down what's happening.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1268687#Comment_1268687
    Edited by TheBull on November 12, 2014 2:33PM
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this is correct

i agree

Thank you for explaining this. I think everything you wrote is correct but I recall something about it supposed to be breaking LOS.

Edit: k, yes another poster brought that up.

AS for the detection potions that NBs hate, they fail to identify NBs far more often than they actually detect them.
    Options
  • leovuoeb17_ESO
    Hmm, does DK's Talons count as a DoT? Cloak removes that, still. Alas I found it weird that Curse used to be removed by Cloak, so I guess this was a fix and is now working as intended.
    Options
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use my cloak fairly often, but it does lack a bit of bang for its buck in my opinion. IMO one of the best attributes of this ability is how it can be used to hide or escape. I would love this ability if it was toggle like the fire ability DKs have access to. If it would stay on as long as it was toggled (providing you don't get hit with the stuff that breaks it normally) I would be one happy camper. I find myself mostly using cloak when I have snuck away from the losing fight waiting to rez my teammates and have to play dodge the zerg. Having this ability on a toggle might make that far more satisfying.

Perhaps rather than remove cloak, change its morphs so that one provides an offensive bonus while the other provides a heal for X% of your total health. Having an ability that toggles would also combat the forever in combat bug which seems to occur in Cyrodiil quite often. Also, I get being detected while in normal stealth by the terminators that are Keep NPCs, but why doesn't cloak break aggro like it does in PvE? This seems like it would be a worthwhile ability for NBs to have.

"It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
    Options
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, does DK's Talons count as a DoT? Cloak removes that, still. Alas I found it weird that Curse used to be removed by Cloak, so I guess this was a fix and is now working as intended.

First of all, I am almost positive that cloak doesn't remove talons, and I am also pretty sure cloak never removed curse (coming from a regular pvping nb)
    Options
  • elausche_ESO
    elausche_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Burning talons is a DoT, so why wouldn't cloak remove it? Grab choking Talons if you don't want Dark Cloak to remove your Root.
    Options
  • leovuoeb17_ESO
    It did remove Curse, I used to remove it all the time. What version of it I don't know. And yeah sure, I could view Talons as a DoT but not in a traditional way as I see it as a CC that damages while it holds.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue for me is that our DoTs break cloak. So if I lay down Refreshing Path I cannot use cloak until the duration of Refreshing Path is finished. There is no such restriction to any other class on any of their abilities.
    Is it now? Can you cite a source to that?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/139690/is-shadow-cloak-ever-going-to-be-addressed#latest

you need to understand how cloak works. it isn't a damage immune ability.
    I am not complaining that I take damage while cloaked but should that damage also knock me out of stealth? I really don't see why it should.
    A self heal would be nice, and I don't use the cloak, it's too brief for my tastes, now if it was a toggled ability that used up magicka at a set rate, then I would use it. But I find it gives out just as I get somewhere awkward.
    We have plenty of self heals. We do not need another.
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    I use my cloak fairly often, but it does lack a bit of bang for its buck in my opinion. IMO one of the best attributes of this ability is how it can be used to hide or escape. I would love this ability if it was toggle like the fire ability DKs have access to. If it would stay on as long as it was toggled (providing you don't get hit with the stuff that breaks it normally) I would be one happy camper. I find myself mostly using cloak when I have snuck away from the losing fight waiting to rez my teammates and have to play dodge the zerg. Having this ability on a toggle might make that far more satisfying.

Perhaps rather than remove cloak, change its morphs so that one provides an offensive bonus while the other provides a heal for X% of your total health. Having an ability that toggles would also combat the forever in combat bug which seems to occur in Cyrodiil quite often. Also, I get being detected while in normal stealth by the terminators that are Keep NPCs, but why doesn't cloak break aggro like it does in PvE? This seems like it would be a worthwhile ability for NBs to have.
    I love the idea of a toggle that drains magicka while it's on. Essentially no different than spamming it.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have plenty of self heals. We do not need another.

For the Nightblade?? I am still levelling mine up, but I haven't noticed a selfheal. I will take another look.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • elausche_ESO
    elausche_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For the Nightblade?? I am still levelling mine up, but I haven't noticed a selfheal. I will take another look.

Funnel Health, Sap Essence, Killer's Blade, Mark target, Refreshing Path.

Options