The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

List of projectile attacks Reflective scales cannot reflect.

• Allicus
    Allicus
    I have had the stun of Cripple (Crippling Grasp) reflected back on to me.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    This is one of the few (possibly the only) MMO's that I have played where the developers absolutely do not want you to know any of the inner workings or game mechanics.

It's common on MMOs where they've totally borked up, AoC was the same. Things like spell penetration seem to stand out as clear examples they screwed a lot of things over and can't let us see the working.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyhawk wrote: »
    Impale: Not a projectile, Melee attack with an extra range morph. Think super long dagger.
    I'm aware that the game considers it to be a melee attack. But in terms of animation it is a projectile (you see the red thing flying), and it has a range of 18m.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you add soul assault to your list, nothing better than bringing down a DK with a 'Laz-or' to the face.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I used several times Blazing Spears on Reflecting DKs and never got reflected to me, neiher the initial damage nor the stun.

Are you sure (@ the ones reporting it gets reflected) you're not confusing Blazing Spears with the Javelin? As that one is reflected.

I've been PvPing several hours last weekend mostly healing and spamming Blazing Spears at zergs full of DKs with flaps-flaps all the time... so I find it strange that never got hit by my own Spears if they're indeed being reflected.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyhawk wrote: »
    ITT: People naming Projectile spells that aren't actually projectile spells.
    dharbert wrote: »
    This is one of the few (possibly the only) MMO's that I have played where the developers absolutely do not want you to know any of the inner workings or game mechanics.

While information is sparse even basic testing of skills can tell you whats up. Also using your brain oddly enough can pretty much determine stuff like this.

(...)

Things start to make more sense in this game when you open your mind a bit and think about it.

So what you're saying is: it's ok that some tooltips are just blatantly wrong, we should be expected to test each and every combination of possibly relevant effects to determine how much of the tooltip is actually true. We should then try to derive a completely arbitrary design paradigm, which again, will only be applied irregularly with random arbitrary exceptions, which we of course should test for.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I used several times Blazing Spears on Reflecting DKs and never got reflected to me, neiher the initial damage nor the stun.

Are you sure (@ the ones reporting it gets reflected) you're not confusing Blazing Spears with the Javelin? As that one is reflected.

I've been PvPing several hours last weekend mostly healing and spamming Blazing Spears at zergs full of DKs with flaps-flaps all the time... so I find it strange that never got hit by my own Spears if they're indeed being reflected.

I think you are right. I spam Blazing Spear into zergs all the time, and have never had one reflected that I can recall. Never really tested it scientifically though.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not intuitive, and you can't just "open your mind a bit and think about it."

For example, you would never expect that crushing shock would get reflected, since it looks like a beam of energy rather than a projectile.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    too funny. let me know the next time you kill someone with ANY of those skills.

• CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    too funny. let me know the next time you kill someone with ANY of those skills.

er... I pretty much kill with Cripple and Impale every 2 mins. In fact I pretty much finish every fight with Impale.
    Allicus wrote: »
    I have had the stun of Cripple (Crippling Grasp) reflected back on to me.

No that's just an ability, nothing to do with Cripple reflecting back, Cripple doesn't stun.
  • michaelb14a_ESO2
    michaelb14a_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    As a DK i am not happy with this post. Stop the DK hate please...

Lol, what's not to like exactly? This thread is awesome, plus Dev can start to sort out if what's being gathered here is intended... or not.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●