The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

List of projectile attacks Reflective scales cannot reflect.

Thechemicals
Thechemicals
✭✭✭✭✭
Feel free to add any or correct any.

1. Mages fury/Sorc *low health explosion reflectable.
2. Curse/Sorc
3. Silver bolts /verified though rumor it will be reflectable for 1.5
4. Volley/Bow
5. Spear Shards/ Templar the initial effect and stunn is reflected, not the dot.
6. Arrow Spray/Bow (?) I have tested this and though it is an area projectile, It has been reflected back on to me. Possibly bugged?
7. Agony/NB
8. Cripple/ NB
9. Impale
10. Lightning staff heavy attack
11. Eclipse/ Templar

Projectiles that some are not sure if reflective scales reflects but in fact do.
1. Fiery chains / DK
2. Force Siphon/ Resto
3. Destructive touch/ Destro
Edited by Thechemicals on November 1, 2014 5:19PM
Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
Goddick
Daggerfall Covenant

• Beesting
    Beesting
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a DK i am not happy with this post. Stop the DK hate please...
    Beesting, Bosmer Magica DK, AD EU, crafter
    Slager, Dunmer Magica DK, DC EU, pvp
    Farmer, Dunmer Magica DK, AD EU, trials build

Every major patch looks like the end of the world but somehow i just cannot stop playing.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »

DK hate, you obviously haven't fought Molag Bal as a Sorceror, now there's hate for you. Not to mention Nightblades (ooops, I just mentioned them, sorry).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they would simply implement friendly duels, we could test things like this and know for sure.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    If they would simply implement friendly duels, we could test things like this and know for sure.

Legends guild does that kinda testing. You join them and then find someone in the guild from another faction that wants to test stuff.

I would like to know if silver bolts does indeed not get reflected.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    none of those except silver bolts are "projectiles"
    Edited by tplink3r1 on October 31, 2014 4:00PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    none of those except silver bolts are "projectiles"

yep.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade Cripple and Agony.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Mage's Fury was reflected? The patch notes suggested to me the only change was that the secondary AoE explosion is not reflected.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade Cripple and Agony.

interesting. Ill add it to the list.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to add any or correct any.

1. Mages fury/sorc
    2. Curse/sorc
    3. Silver bolts (?) A rumor possibly?
    4. Volley/bow
    5. Spear Shards/ templar
    6. Arrow Spray/bow (?) I have tested this and though it is an area projectile, It has been reflected back on to me. Possibly bugged?

Projectiles that some are not sure if reflective scales reflects but in fact do.
    1. Fiery chains / DK
    2. Force Siphon/ Resto
    3. Destructive touch/ Destro

None of these are technically projectiles.

Volley, Spear, and Spray are all AOE. (Volley and Spray are useless anyway so who cares.)

Curse is more of Dot (or status effect) I think... in the fact that it doesn't necessarily proc right away.

Mage's fury I guess is the exception, Although It really isn't a projectile.

But lets think about this for a minute....

1. Dk Holds block.
    2. I Spam arrow spray. (Cost like 300 stamina or something)
    3. That's 7 casts of arrow spray with 2100 stam. (probably doing less than 200 Damage per hit. Considering all of the block mitigation)
    4. DK hits GDB while spamming Reflect.
    5. I'm out of stamina
    6. Dk Charges / Talons / Whip.
    7. Game.

So While I've used up all of my stamina, I've only done 1400 points of damage.

Repeat the scenario but substitute Mages fury for Arrow Spray. It's game either way.

This is not rock paper scissors. This is Rock paper scissors being thrown into a cesspool of molten faceroll magma.

• Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭

Legends guild does that kinda testing. You join them and then find someone in the guild from another faction that wants to test stuff.

I believe the projectile does actually get reflected. However the Knockdown effect does still work on a non blocking DK with reflect up.

And by non blocking Dk.... I mean.... The chances of that are 1/10000

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I named projectiles for the purpose of ease.
    Arrow Spray is a projectile and so is silver bolts morph silver shards. It doesnt really matter, the thread is to list the attacks that cant be reflected back.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Clearly not enough abilities are being reflected. They need to fix this.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It doesn't, I use them all the time on DK vampires even through scales. Unfortunately they are patching them to reflect in 1.5.

I thought Mage's Fury was reflected? The patch notes suggested to me the only change was that the secondary AoE explosion is not reflected.
    It doesn't. Was spamming it on DKs on the Non Vet last night and it wasn't reflecting when scales went up.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries, this list isn't going help anyone kill DK's any better than they could have before.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5. Spear Shards/ Templar

I will get the initial hit + stun from Blazing Spear (spear shard morphs) back in my face if I'm targeting flappy wings. But the AoE DoT is of course not being reflected.

Not sure about Luminous Spear, I dont use it. But I'm pretty sure the secondary effect, the single target disorient, would be reflected to.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No worries, this list isn't going help anyone kill DK's any better than they could have before.

Actually it has....i was completely wrecked on my DK for the first time in a long time by a sorc using Curse/Mage fury and a 2handed sword(among other skills). His build was very smart and he was able to hurt me through my reflect and keep a good distance until he was ready to charge me with Crit rush/encase/bolt escape/crit rush again. I enjoyed what he did and thought it was very original. I came back and killed him later because i happen to have my ultimate up but it was still a close fight.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    5. Spear Shards/ Templar

I will get the initial hit + stun from Blazing Spear (spear shard morphs) back in my face if I'm targeting flappy wings. But the AoE DoT is of course not being reflected.

Not sure about Luminous Spear, I dont use it. But I'm pretty sure the secondary effect, the single target disorient, would be reflected to.

Wow really? Can anyone else confirm this? Thats messed up lol, but also why thread is called projectiles. Arrow spray is an aoe but can be reflected back to me...so it must be considered a projectile as well since it is being shot and not cast(?)
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One word:
    Meteor
    EU | PC | AD
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is one of the few (possibly the only) MMO's that I have played where the developers absolutely do not want you to know any of the inner workings or game mechanics.
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    One that was being inquired about the other day was Entropy, which I said was also not a projectile, though I can't absolutely confirm if it can be reflected or not (just seems unlikely to me).
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow really? Can anyone else confirm this? Thats messed up lol, but also why thread is called projectiles. Arrow spray is an aoe but can be reflected back to me...so it must be considered a projectile as well since it is being shot and not cast(?)

I can't confirm how the actual dmg works, now that I think closer. But I know I've stunned myself with Blazing Spear at multiple occasions being herpderp attacking a DK with wings out. Which makes sense because the secondary effect is single target.
  • Meshal
    Meshal
    ✭✭✭
    i have been testing my attacks against reflective scales and this is what im sure 100% that it get reflected:

sorcerer class:
    1- crystal shard
    2- overload (Storm calling ultimate)

destruction staff:

1- force shock
    2- light & heavy attacks from fire staff

i still don't know if heavy attacks from lighting staff get reflected or not i haven't tested it yet.

Thanks a lot for this discussion.
    Edited by Meshal on October 31, 2014 6:00PM
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impale (NB) - projectile that is not reflected

Meteor is reflected.

Lightning staff heavy attack is not reflected. It's a channel attack similar to the resto staff heavy attack.

Spear shards ground effect is not reflected, of course. All ground effect skills are not reflected.
  • Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    One that was being inquired about the other day was Entropy, which I said was also not a projectile, though I can't absolutely confirm if it can be reflected or not (just seems unlikely to me).

Entropy is not reflected.
  • Cyhawk
    Cyhawk
    ✭✭✭
    ITT: People naming Projectile spells that aren't actually projectile spells.
    This is one of the few (possibly the only) MMO's that I have played where the developers absolutely do not want you to know any of the inner workings or game mechanics.

While information is sparse even basic testing of skills can tell you whats up. Also using your brain oddly enough can pretty much determine stuff like this.

Here are some examples of the more difficult ones.

Velocious Curse: Not a projectile, ranged yes but not a projectile. Same with Entropy, Eclipse and Cripple.

Impale: Not a projectile, Melee attack with an extra range morph. Think super long dagger.

Overload: Watch the animations carefully. There is indeed a projectile for this, its a small white ball of lightning. It is hard to miss.

Mage's Fury: Is not a projectile in the sense that the spell comes from your char, its lightning from above. This is why the explosion part being reflected is a bug, its technically not a projectile. Though I agree it should be classified as one, this one is a bit counter intuitive.

Lightning Staff/Resto Staff heavy attacks: Not projectiles. Ranged DoT attacks (If you had CLS or something similar you'd see this). They do not get reflected.

Bow Heavy attack: A Projectile, but doesn't get reflected. Wish they'd fix this.

Heres how you too can figure these things out for yourself:

A Gun is a projectile weapon. It shoots a bullet.

A laser Rifle is not a projectile Weapon, it's effect is instantaneous. (Ok baring the speed of light travel time, but you get the idea... I hope)

Things start to make more sense in this game when you open your mind a bit and think about it.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »
    Impale (NB) - projectile that is not reflected

Meteor is reflected.

Lightning staff heavy attack is not reflected. It's a channel attack similar to the resto staff heavy attack.

Spear shards ground effect is not reflected, of course. All ground effect skills are not reflected.

Thanks ill add Impale and Light staff hvy to list. Yeah meteor is reflected but you can lob it into a group of players and so long as the first target isnt reflecting, everyone else can be reflecting and itll still hit.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Akula
    Akula
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyhawk wrote: »
    ITT: People naming Projectile spells that aren't actually projectile spells.

Also using your brain oddly enough can pretty much determine stuff like this.

Heres how you too can figure these things out for yourself:

A Gun is a projectile weapon. It shoots a bullet.

A laser Rifle is not a projectile Weapon, it's effect is instantaneous. (Ok baring the speed of light travel time, but you get the idea... I hope)

Things start to make more sense in this game when you open your mind a bit and think about it.

Too bad they dont have a "What a **d o u c h e y** reply" vote..
    Edited by Akula on October 31, 2014 7:50PM
  • Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    It doesn't. Was spamming it on DKs on the Non Vet last night and it wasn't reflecting when scales went up.

The first hit isn't reflected. The explosion from Endless Fury (haven't tested the other morph) currently is reflected on live. Which means spamming it on a DK with wings up and health down is a quick way to kill oneself. This will hopefully be fixed in 1.5.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe cone aoe attacks are still reflectable since they are projectiles. Arrow spray was reflected back onto me even though it is listed as an area effect.
    The Templar spear shard is also an aoe effect, and 3 people have confirmed that the initial hit has been reflected onto them as well as the stun.

"All projectiles are reflected", but this is flaky and worked out incorrectly.....i think the devs did not properly work out area affects versus reflective scales. I dont believe arrow spray or Spear Shards should be reflectable to any capacity.

This can be a serious problem for patch 1.5 if indeed they are going to make silver bolts reflectable by reflective scales, because the morph is a ground attack and if they ignore that or do it incorrectly than reflective scales will be reflecting a ground spell silver shards as well and that is wrong.

Area spells and ground spells should not be reflected by Reflective Scales
    this goes for Silver Shards/Silver Spear/Arrow Spray/ and any other spells listed as area/ground.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant