The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

AD - Arguing in Zone Chat

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Elf wants to punch you and your family in the face. :heart_eyes:
    Edited by kijima on October 30, 2014 6:56AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That business with yellow camps going up at the yellow starting areas while we were attempting to get our scroll out of Arrius was just despicable.

I like how the other alliances have to resort to cheating to keep their lead.

I get it all the alliances cheat at one point or another, but it's gotta stop somewhere.

Be better people.

This ridiculousness has got to stop.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were no rolldodges involved in the exploits we observed. Just a straight up case of no damage being dealt in any form to a opponent that was not using any ability other than holding block. No amount of dodge or 'skill' is supposed to prevent multiple shots fired from stealth. It didn't help at all that we had spies on our side allowing enemy DK's to fly up into the keep, but in the end as usual outnumbering your enemy by x3 trumps any other defense no matter how cleverly established or how well entrenched.

And the balling up meant more that AD should be less cliquey and more unified under strong leadership. Having one large group and smaller supporting groups pursuing the same objective is better than having multiple smaller groups each doing their own thing to no effect. The only group that did prove effective in the final siege was the batmonkeys and their cheeseballing. Well I suppose AD needed the points so bad in the end after EP defended KC and Arrius for several hours, what with all those camps AD burns through. >->

Well I don't know if you're referring to me as far as not taking damage, I get accused of so much it's hard to tell who you think is exploiting. Both I and Mitra did have a bug on top of the Keep where our health bars were not updating. Akarius was right below us on the ground healing us constantly but I was spamming healing on myself even though according to Akarius I was at full health. Mitra was at 0 health on his own bar to both him and some of the people fighting him but to Akarius and I his health bar was moving fine. I haven't seen that particular health desync bug in a long time but that was the only moment during the fight that it was apparent to anyone.

We took both Arrius and KC by dedicating my group to destroying your camps and guarding the exits of the keep. Unfortunately this meant we weren't actively sieging and the AD decided the front door of the keep was the best place to attack.

I accuse Ezareth of exploiting my heart.

<3

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the record, DC doesn't actively troll camp, none of our respectable guilds or members do it. I can't say the same for EP, Azura's Star got troll camped the hell out of.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP chat is awesome. We have almost solved world hunger and currently discussing quantum physics while organizing community charities for "Gamers without PC's"
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the constant praises of DEE TICK,

Dude.

What's your problem?

dmsfj.jpg
    Edited by Davadin on October 30, 2014 2:08PM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, is this NA Thornblade? Which Scroll did AD get last night, I was on most of the night and I didn't see any Scrolls being taken by anyone...

PS: I'd like to thank all of EP on NA Thorblade for so diligently guarding the Scroll of Mnem I captured Sunday night for so long, I'm touched by your kindness :')
    Edited by Lord_Draevan on October 30, 2014 2:21PM
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

Dude.

What's your problem?

dmsfj.jpg

My problem is your blasphemy. Your worship of this false idol you made up over a freaking video game. It's demeaning and insulting to our true Lord.

OHH TICK! MASTER OF ALL HE SURVEYS, PURVEYOR OF FINE CHEESES, GIFTER OF MIGHTY AYY PEEZ!
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    AD zone chat reminds me of The Barrens chat in WoW. .

PST for Wailing Caverns meet at X-Roads.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do you even Mankrik's Wife?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude.

What's your problem?

dmsfj.jpg

My problem is your blasphemy. Your worship of this false idol you made up over a freaking video game. It's demeaning and insulting to our true Lord.

OHH TICK! MASTER OF ALL HE SURVEYS, PURVEYOR OF FINE CHEESES, GIFTER OF MIGHTY AYY PEEZ!

Wow... did you really go there?

Or am I not getting the sarcasm right?

Or the joke.... that last part is the joke? Right?

i-dont-get-the-joke.png
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    Little did you know we secretly implanted this drama into your water weeks ago. We have prepared for the day when you would start to turn on each other. And now that day is here and we will reclaim what is ours.

serious business engaged.

Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Zintair
    Zintair
    ✭✭✭✭
    That business with yellow camps going up at the yellow starting areas while we were attempting to get our scroll out of Arrius was just despicable.

I get it all the alliances cheat at one point or another, but it's gotta stop somewhere.

Be better people.

You have a little mascara on the cheek there. Wish we could figure out who the people are but all realms do it. You (AD) have done it at BRK 1000 times. Alessia 10000. You hunt those people down and you tarnish them mercilessly in zone :)

Also the Dee Tick *** has to stop. Too many keeps have been lost over Dticks.
    Edited by Zintair on October 30, 2014 4:34PM
    Vokundein
    Zintair aka Primetime - VR14 - Guild Leader and PvP Dept Leader

www.Legend-Gaming.net
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude.

What's your problem?

dmsfj.jpg

Ooooooooooh wait wait wait ok i get i get i gettit.

1300211280_5641.jpg[img][/img]
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Killed Zone a long time ago.

Just make sure you have a guy in your TS that has it on and doesn't mind sifting through the garbage just in case anything pertinent is said.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    Grim13 wrote: »
    call out people and arguing in zone about it is NOT the way to get things done efficiently.

rofl

..but clearly airing the AD's dirty laundry on the forums is...

facepalmdeluxe

If it means taking a good, long, hard look at ourselves then yes, 100% correct.

Call it out, it's got to stop.

How else do you expect to do kerb the infighting. Zone is a waste, it just get's lost in the hundreds of angry and drunken replies. Everyone can self moderate their behavior, but that has been happening has it...

It's easy to kerb the crap within your own guild with guild chat or teamspeak but then usually a good guild doesn't have that problem, and even if it did a good guild will have guildies that will tell you when to pull your head in when you are being a moron in zone. A mate will always look out for a mate, and if that means telling you to shut up for your own good, then that's what happens.

Facepalmsuperdelux if you think it's going to help, but that's not a solution now is it. :trollface:

Than you're a hypocrite.

Try taking a good long look in the mirror... there aren't enough people from zone chat on the forums, reading your thread, to curb anything here.

So, why post a thread on the forums about it? You want some credit? Some cache?

Well, you're in the wrong place.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zintair wrote: »

Be better people.

You have a little mascara on the cheek there. Wish we could figure out who the people are but all realms do it. You (AD) have done it at BRK 1000 times. Alessia 10000. You hunt those people down and you tarnish them mercilessly in zone :)

too bad if you do that zeni gets mad at you for player harassment
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Do you even Mankrik's Wife?

I sent so many people to Razorfen Crawl.. Oh those poor lost souls... Good times.
    Edited by Imdrefan on October 30, 2014 6:40PM
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Gaettusk
    Gaettusk
    ✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    Zintair wrote: »

Be better people.

too bad if you do that zeni gets mad at you for player harassment

I do it all the time, and Zeni hasn't bothered me once about it. Forums, on the other hand, they rule these with an iron fist.
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD has leadership but a large portion of our players operate independently and selfishly and many of them really know nothing of pvp or successful siege tactics.

I think most AD who enter Cyrodiil to actually PvP, let's say on Thornblade, want to contribute to the success of our faction. (Sure there will be individuals or smaller groups who just want to gank or duel or something else unproductive, but they are the minority.) Focusing on the majority, if many of them are not able or allowed to be part of an experienced PvP guild or group willing to train up newer, less experienced players, that produces the latter result you described. That isn't to say people shouldn't be trying to learn on their own, presumably from pug or zone chat; but it means it'll take them that much longer to gain sound experience and begin to understand tactics.
    "Balling up" is only one successful method of executing group PvP and it has its weaknesses. The true benefit is group strategy and everyone working towards a single group objective instead of individual objectives.

Agreed. But why does it feel half the battle is in-fighting from guilds vs. pugs. It really does not help things when zone chat has so many a**hats from guilds or "organized groups" randomly bitching at or making derogatory comments towards pugs. Instead of doing that, why not calmly communicate (whisper) to pug leaders how their group can assist the common goal? One of the hardest jobs is to lead a pug; the folks who choose to do it need all the help they can get and do not generally deserve derision. And people who join pugs because they just want to have a couple hours of fun before bed and don't have 40 hours or more per week to PvP shouldn't automatically be objects of derision either.

I think if the above issues could be resolved somehow AD would be a much better side to play. Regardless, people don't need to be total ***bags in zone. :-P
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is this on the forums? Zone is a chat channel, I fail to see how this topic accomplishes more on the forums than in the chat channel it spawned from.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EP zone chat is pretty bad as well. I know I've popped off angrily a few times as well, because it just gets infuriating.

It's full of armchair generals, a couple obvious plants (you must hit DC! you must hit AD! -- they never waver in their conviction. BRK could be yellow and we should go to Aleswell), the constant praises of DEE TICK, and then everyone forming groups to go in three directions at once instead of sticking tight, focusing down one objective, and moving on.

In my defense, Dee Tick is the reason why we're competitive in this campaign at all. To say otherwise is heresy.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    We took both Arrius and KC by dedicating my group to destroying your camps and guarding the exits of the keep. Unfortunately this meant we weren't actively sieging and the AD decided the front door of the keep was the best place to attack.

That was one nail in the coffin for us certainly (the camp destruction) but that's pretty standard military tactics. However we did have a couple lvl 10's following our group we observed at length running aimlessly around standing in siege fire and getting killed deliberately in an obvious effort to burn up camp charges. And we clearly warned everyone via zone and raid chat that there was a enemy crew of leapers, but said spies allowed for back door breaching.

The dragonleaping or spycraft isn't an exploit, it's just disappointing when careful planning and execution goes down the crapper as a result. The tragic thing is such defenses will not be possible with the new siege changes in 1.5. Unless we make a unbreakable line of tanks at the breach and lots of KB on the stairs, nothing will stop the batmonkeys, certainly not the spaztastic guards who aggro onto one person on the opposite side of the room and dance around while the flags turn.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Than you're a hypocrite.

Try taking a good long look in the mirror... there aren't enough people from zone chat on the forums, reading your thread, to curb anything here.

How pray tell am I a Hypocrite? Do you even Dictionary...

Do I want credit? Oh, I'll get plenty of credit all right for calling out my AD brethren in zone that were arguing, credit of the wrong kind though. :wink:

As far as why post it to begin with, because it's embarrassing and as a whole we AD are better than that, plus it means we get caught up with infighting and not raging at the enemy. You asked earlier why am I airing AD's dirty laundry, I'll ask you why not? Is this not a forum?

Lastly, considering most of the people that were arguing in zone on that night are regulars on the forums, there is nothing wrong with the target audience.

Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Than you're a hypocrite.

How pray tell am I a Hypocrite? Do you even Dictionary...

Do I want credit? Oh, I'll get plenty of credit all right for calling out my AD brethren in zone that were arguing, credit of the wrong kind though. :wink:

As far as why post it to begin with, because it's embarrassing and as a whole we AD are better than that, plus it means we get caught up with infighting and not raging at the enemy. You asked earlier why am I airing AD's dirty laundry, I'll ask you why not? Is this not a forum?

Lastly, considering most of the people that were arguing in zone on that night are regulars on the forums, there is nothing wrong with the target audience.

So.

Painfully.

Obtuse.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn the chat off , then proceed to ignore anyone that bothers you.

If they send something worth reporting , then report them so they learn to keep quiet next time.

Simple really.

And i agree , too many think they are leaders , one must wonder who died and said they had this actual right to lead everybody lols. If someone wants to spam the zone chat with orders , that is their right i suppose , but there is nobody in this entire game , that has a obligation to listen.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, is this NA Thornblade? Which Scroll did AD get last night, I was on most of the night and I didn't see any Scrolls being taken by anyone...

PS: I'd like to thank all of EP on NA Thorblade for so diligently guarding the Scroll of Mnem I captured Sunday night for so long, I'm touched by your kindness :')

Yea I'm sure the fact that someone placed forward camps in the AD starting gates did nothing to help cement their hold of it.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • treborrealb14_ESO
    treborrealb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I Just caught out of all this "Scroll taken by unscrupulous means" players that know right from wrong and wish for all to play fair flamed Players that would stab there moms in the back for a inch up in life flame back.

Clap clap glad its posted next time also send a @ email to any devs and let them know the details on what actually happened Hopefully it will get fixed
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High King Emeric is the true ruler of Cyrodiil. You bananas can QQ all you want, nothing will change that.
    Wololo.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    High King Emeric is the true ruler of Cyrodiil. You bananas can QQ all you want, nothing will change that.

Our queen is the rightful ruler and will take your heads to prove it.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor