The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

AD - Arguing in Zone Chat

kijima
kijima
✭✭✭✭✭
Note to AD: STOP arguing in Zone Chat!

Last night was ridiculous, so much angst among our brethren. Honestly, if we spent more time pew pew and less time QQ we would be painting the town yellow every day and night!

The opposing factions would be laughing at us if they could read thorns zone from last night.... I know sheogorath is laughing right now.

For those that missed the drama in thorns zone chat last night, it was about a scroll that we picked up, wrongly or rightly. Some of the noble AD were saying we had stooped to the low levels of opposing factions, getting the scroll through dubious means, others were saying there is no wrong in what had been done, and the accused was the target of so much hate when all that player had done is pick up a scroll and run with it. A case of wrong place, right time. Regardless of where your moral compass points on that matter, (and I know everyone has strong veiws on the subject) call out people and arguing in zone about it is NOT the way to get things done efficiently.

Regardless of the tactics, what's wrong and right etc. The ethics of what happened last night is not in question in this thread, It's the arguing that is the problem within our faction as it stands right now, this has been a trait of AD for a long time now. I know I had to bite my tongue last night and chose not to get in the action in zone, a lot of restraint was required on my part as I'm just as guilty of arguing in zone as the next person. Not last night though, as I stood back and watched it all unfold. Embarrassing was the word I'd use to describe it, and if you were there lats night, I'm sure in some way you'd be embarrassed about it too.

We have PM's so we can delivery a message clearly to the person in question, you can air your concerns to them, express your thoughts clearly and concisely to that person directly without inciting heated arguments in zone.

DC and EP must be loving the fact we can't put our differences aside and work as a team and get things done as a whole.

I know many players that hardly use zone chat for the simple reason is it always seems to start fights, and those people dislike confrontation. This just shouldn't be the case in what is essentially an army all fighting for the same cause, which is what AD is.

Three little things we can do as a whole in AD to minimize the zone dramas are:

1. If you have a beef with someone in AD, send them a PM and don't use zone as your own personal medium to express your anger, disgust etc.

2. Wannabe leaders need to stop shouting and barking orders in chat. No one listens to morons that keep shouting all the time.

3. Use zone as a beacon to let your faction know what's going on. What a keeps wall % is at in either attacking or defending, camps being up or needs to be put up, how many opposing DC/AD there are, where gankers might be.

It's ^ sort of thing our zone needs to be chock full of, not arguments and B/S squabbling.

I'm sure DC and EP have their fair share of problems in zone chat too, but I've got a feeling we leave them behind in regards to infighting among ourselves in zone chat.
Edited by kijima on October 29, 2014 10:51PM
Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
Kijima - AD DK Derps
Annure - AD NB Derps
Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD zone chat reminds me of The Barrens chat in WoW. Even when we all coordinated to dethrone Hovaling that garbage was going on in chat the whole time.

Much like these forums, if you feed the trolls they grow stronger. The only way to fix it is to ignore those people by refused to respond to them.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EP zone chat is pretty bad as well. I know I've popped off angrily a few times as well, because it just gets infuriating.

It's full of armchair generals, a couple obvious plants (you must hit DC! you must hit AD! -- they never waver in their conviction. BRK could be yellow and we should go to Aleswell), the constant praises of DEE TICK, and then everyone forming groups to go in three directions at once instead of sticking tight, focusing down one objective, and moving on.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're trying to take away my drama entertainment? How dare you.

I do agree it's embarrassing, and AD is full of a bunch of babies leading raids aside from clone and anon cause they're cool.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and then everyone forming groups to go in three directions at once instead of sticking tight, focusing down one objective, and moving on.

That's a problem problem AD has always had since beta.

The other issue is when we we are defending say BRK when one of our home keeps is also getting attacked, yet no one will leave BRK just in case they lose a defensive tick. 30 minutes later, one of our gates is open and a scroll is going walk-a-bout.

I'm sure we aren't alone with that scenario, that would happen everywhere in every campaign bar the buff servers, in every faction, but flammin hell our zone chat is embarrassing on another level when you read it most days.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DC zone chat get pretty erotic at times, I can't disagree. Especially when some players spam the same sexy comments over and over and over.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea of sexy talk... I could perhaps moonlight in DC :p

I'd never leave AD though (for the Queen!)

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Beega
    Beega
    ✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    I'm sure DC and EP have their fair share of problems in zone chat too, but I've got a feeling we leave them behind in regards to infighting among ourselves in zone chat.
    Especially when Krotha was around #nohatekrotha
    Vokundein
    Beega - Oathsworn
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill say what I said in zone last night, cause i was busy herding bad reds at alessia the whole time and missed most of it.

I am the faction. I solo it all and youre all just botted alts of mine, now pipe down I didnt program you that way.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always wonder what it's like over there. Maybe I should roll an alt and guest over there and perform a anthropological study about the mind of the common AD player. For example EP successfully defended KC and Arrius most of the day today, until primetime hit and all the Thornbabies swarmed in and wrest KC from our control. To their credit they employed some sneaky strats like misdirection and showed signs of learning, unfortunately we observed many cases of some players using duplicitous methods. Like I'm sure I could steamroll all in my path if I had a magic auto-dodge program that dodged all incoming shots from stealth while unstealthed and out in the open.

But I don't so I usually die. But hey at least the Haderus map is nice and yellow while all the Thornbabies are here to keep EP's filthy paws off their buffs.

AD does need strong leadership tho. I mean our group we have a literal armchair general (with prior military experience in an actual military) and he's on the ball with tactics. AD could benefit from someone balling up and guiding the group.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me just say, I'm lucky to be a part of some great AD guilds that use strategy very effectively, that never have any real infighting among them, and the guild chat is always funny and enjoyable. It's not all doom and gloom where AD is concerned.

But zone chat currently... *shudders* .... It's just not a nice place to be at the moment. :neutral_face:

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC zone chat get pretty erotic at times, I can't disagree. Especially when some players spam the same sexy comments over and over and over.

schwing!

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    ... youre all just botted alts of mine, now pipe down I didnt program you that way.

I always thought you were a bot Rylana. :heart_eyes:

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall chat is probably 10x worse to be honest.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • decado0024_ESO
    decado0024_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AD zone chat reminds me of The Barrens chat in WoW. Even when we all coordinated to dethrone Hovaling that garbage was going on in chat the whole time.

Much like these forums, if you feed the trolls they grow stronger. The only way to fix it is to ignore those people by refused to respond to them.

Agreed and although last nights stealth raid was epic. The guild originally tasked with chalman failed miserably. TKO was tasked with ash as soon as we saw allessia flag we went. Ash was taken about as clean as can be and yes it was undefended but it was a good way to train new members. As soon as it was capped we checked the map saw that it was chalman that was lagging behind and we went to assist. We get there and the un named guild had nothing up for siege but stone trebs and the outer wall wasn't even touched yet. Blue responded and I gave the order for TKO to hit the front door while the blues were tunnel visioned. Not only was the blitz thru the door the reason why chalman fell but someone who wont be named decided to open her mouth in /yell and start to chew on us for going thru the front door. If the zone chat heros would keep their mouths shut, especially about successful help a lot of our chat issues would go away. And please the shouting of obvious tactics is obvious, most of the zone can tell when a wall needs repaired lets limit zone chat to a warning system. Blues headed somewhere reds trying to backdoor that sort of stuff
    D'ecado V12 Nightblade
    Decado rahl v12 Dk
    Officer of TKO
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame about the keyboard warriors, but please do not fix this, I like my maps to be this colour.

DC chat is so hawt we get wetter than a Nereid. Come join us....we have blueberries!

PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed and although last nights stealth raid was epic. The guild originally tasked with chalman failed miserably. TKO was tasked with ash as soon as we saw allessia flag we went. Ash was taken about as clean as can be and yes it was undefended but it was a good way to train new members. As soon as it was capped we checked the map saw that it was chalman that was lagging behind and we went to assist. We get there and the un named guild had nothing up for siege but stone trebs and the outer wall wasn't even touched yet. Blue responded and I gave the order for TKO to hit the front door while the blues were tunnel visioned. Not only was the blitz thru the door the reason why chalman fell but someone who wont be named decided to open her mouth in /yell and start to chew on us for going thru the front door. If the zone chat heros would keep their mouths shut, especially about successful help a lot of our chat issues would go away. And please the shouting of obvious tactics is obvious, most of the zone can tell when a wall needs repaired lets limit zone chat to a warning system. Blues headed somewhere reds trying to backdoor that sort of stuff

From what I can tell this thread was started based on what happened after events with a particular blue scroll. Not what happened at Chalman.

I alas was present during the few times this particular scroll thing came up and the last time was definitely the worst. I completely disagreed with what happened and made that point clear but what both sides (those for and those against) said in zone took this thing to a WHOLE new lvl. It was terrible to be honest and I even stopped saying anything, there's no stopping people when they start acting like children.

I'm sure this isn't just AD though, no doubt this happens in both EP and DC. But last night turned into something utterly disgusting really.
    Edited by NovaShadow on October 30, 2014 1:43AM
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not as erotic as when AD chat turns into ERP chat.
  • FluffiestOne
    FluffiestOne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Not as erotic as when AD chat turns into ERP chat.

...Our chat is constantly ERP, over me, Lord Fixate. Casual.
    Fluffy
    Senior Fluffykins, Daggerfall Liberator of Haderus, Dragonknight.
    Fliffers, Daggerfall Liberator of Hopesfire, Templar.
    Prophet Fluffy of Death, Casual of the Dominion, Sorceror.
    Nozdorumu The Timeless, Daggerfall. Dragon. Nightblade.
    All my toon names are subject to change.
    " Ignorance must be bliss because I can't imagine why anyone would live in it. " -Fluffy
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reminds me of the EP zone chat in wabbajack......
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To their credit they employed some sneaky strats like misdirection and showed signs of learning, unfortunately we observed many cases of some players using duplicitous methods. Like I'm sure I could steamroll all in my path if I had a magic auto-dodge program that dodged all incoming shots from stealth while unstealthed and out in the open.

But I don't so I usually die. But hey at least the Haderus map is nice and yellow while all the Thornbabies are here to keep EP's filthy paws off their buffs.

AD does need strong leadership tho. I mean our group we have a literal armchair general (with prior military experience in an actual military) and he's on the ball with tactics. AD could benefit from someone balling up and guiding the group.

So this is the latest exploit your group is trying to accuse me of? Auto dodge roll? Rich! I was wondering what that idiot blabbering at me was trying to insinuate. Add to that the minimap exploit that shows all the stealthed players I was also accused of and its no wonder you all rage so hard when you see me. These hacks must make me a veritable God in your eyes.

Situational awareness is something you should try learning. When I see a nightblade stealth in range of me with a bow it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what he's about to do and time a roll. Whistling sounds and character hesitation from max range are all dead giveaways that a block or dodge roll is probably a smart thing to do. I do it all subcomsciously. 80 days/played in Cyrodiil usong block and dodge roll instead of spaming immovable will give anyone reaction timing that you won't find on people who were a sergeant a mere month ago.

AD has leadership but a large portion of our players operate independently and selfishly and many of them really know nothing of pvp or successful siege tactics.

The tactics you've been seeing on our side typically have been coming from my 4 guildies. It's hard not to counter your strategies when you guys use the same tactics day in day out. Even the pugs will catch on if given enough time.

"Balling up" is only one successful method of executing group PvP and it has its weaknesses. The true benefit is group strategy and everyone working towards a single group objective instead of individual objectives.

The real issue with AD is 80% of them will never place a camp or use siege, or destroy enemy camps or keep walls tagged or various other things that make a siege successful. These same people will vocally spout things like "we would have had it we all pushed together" when they die like the lemmings they are. Frustrating and self-prophesizing in that it encourages more people to focus on their own objectives.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were no rolldodges involved in the exploits we observed. Just a straight up case of no damage being dealt in any form to a opponent that was not using any ability other than holding block. No amount of dodge or 'skill' is supposed to prevent multiple shots fired from stealth. It didn't help at all that we had spies on our side allowing enemy DK's to fly up into the keep, but in the end as usual outnumbering your enemy by x3 trumps any other defense no matter how cleverly established or how well entrenched.

And the balling up meant more that AD should be less cliquey and more unified under strong leadership. Having one large group and smaller supporting groups pursuing the same objective is better than having multiple smaller groups each doing their own thing to no effect. The only group that did prove effective in the final siege was the batmonkeys and their cheeseballing. Well I suppose AD needed the points so bad in the end after EP defended KC and Arrius for several hours, what with all those camps AD burns through. >->
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh most of the time the angry nerds in zone are single target gank builds that cant contribute to a group and get buttmad when they are talked over in teamspeak.

One such fellow, who shall not be named, is trollcamping tonight and calling me out in zone like he is the victim or something. Fact is, he was an abusive ass to a guildie and deserved the garbage he got thrown in his face.

His loss really, now he can sit around wasting his AP he got running with us on trollcamps until he has screwed his rep so bad no one groups him ever again.

Not like he can get AP on his own, he is really really bad and a leech tbh.

Edit to add: Besides that, zone hasnt been so bad tonight.
    Edited by Rylana on October 30, 2014 3:59AM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At work atm, I'll login in tonight and hope it has improved.

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Eh most of the time the angry nerds in zone are single target gank builds that cant contribute to a group and get buttmad when they are talked over in teamspeak.

One such fellow, who shall not be named, is trollcamping tonight and calling me out in zone like he is the victim or something. Fact is, he was an abusive ass to a guildie and deserved the garbage he got thrown in his face.

His loss really, now he can sit around wasting his AP he got running with us on trollcamps until he has screwed his rep so bad no one groups him ever again.

Not like he can get AP on his own, he is really really bad and a leech tbh.

Edit to add: Besides that, zone hasnt been so bad tonight.

bad like me?:D
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I accuse Ezareth of exploiting my heart.

<3
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    call out people and arguing in zone about it is NOT the way to get things done efficiently.

rofl

..but clearly airing the AD's dirty laundry on the forums is...

facepalmdeluxe
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh cryodiil, how i don't miss thee.
    Meh...**** it..
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    call out people and arguing in zone about it is NOT the way to get things done efficiently.

rofl

..but clearly airing the AD's dirty laundry on the forums is...

facepalmdeluxe

If it means taking a good, long, hard look at ourselves then yes, 100% correct.

Call it out, it's got to stop.

How else do you expect to do kerb the infighting. Zone is a waste, it just get's lost in the hundreds of angry and drunken replies. Everyone can self moderate their behavior, but that has been happening has it...

It's easy to kerb the crap within your own guild with guild chat or teamspeak but then usually a good guild doesn't have that problem, and even if it did a good guild will have guildies that will tell you when to pull your head in when you are being a moron in zone. A mate will always look out for a mate, and if that means telling you to shut up for your own good, then that's what happens.

Facepalmsuperdelux if you think it's going to help, but that's not a solution now is it. :trollface:

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps

• Valymer
    Valymer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The situation described in this thread is all the more reason for Zenimax to go ahead and code us up some instanced 12v12v12 PvP
  • WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    WarrioroftheWind_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valymer wrote: »
    The situation described in this thread is all the more reason for Zenimax to go ahead and code us up some instanced 12v12v12 PvP

Zeni can't patch stupid. Alot of the pop balance issues are the result of player greed. Alot of people are hoping the buff localization will fix things, but it's not helping when everyone and their actual relative rolled dirty elves.