The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 5 Testing Suggestions and Feedback Wanted

• spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my take on the 2H weapons:
    • Critical Charge: It's great if you differentiate more between the normal version and the morphed version in terms of damage. But I don't understand why you nerf the other morph. The immovalbe on Stampede was already much weaker than the stun on Shield Charge. Now it's worse.
    • Momentum: Good changes, they make it more useful than before. A really fun addition would be if hits with Momentum on (or at least the first one) always hit enemies to the ground (the effect that happens if you hit an off-balanced enemy). That would make it really fun to use.
    • Replaced the Arcane Fighter passive with Follow Up: Great stuff. Arcane Fighter was too limited.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The icons for Dwemer shields are mixed up.

The Maple/Oak icon looks like Hickory/Yew/Birch/Ash/Mahogany/Nightwood shields and vice versa.
  • mpranger66b14a_ESO
    mpranger66b14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just my thoughts on the crafting writs. I attempted the crafting on my blacksmith, clothier and woodworker. I completed the quest twice. No survey report was given on any of the crafts. I do feel the amount of resources needed are quite a bit in return for what you get rewarded when not receiving the survey report. I have not received a survey report so I cannot elaborate on the reward there.

In terms of the amount of effort needed, my crafting characters are 48 BS, 50 Clothier and 49 Woodworking. My toon is VR10. The blacksmith needs 78 voidsteel ingots to complete the quest. The clothier needs 78 voidsteel cloth to complete the quest. The woodworker needs 99 sanded nightwood to complete the quest. That is a lot of farming of the mats for the end reward, which I saw (going on memory, forgive me I am old - LOL) was a weapon or armor trait and sometimes a repair kit.

Summarizing: too many mats are needed to complete the quest.

You asked and that is my thoughts on the writs...
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a minor suggestion about the chat bubbles, after testing on the PTS - they look great, but the font size shouldn't get bigger when you zoom into the character who is speaking (for example: yourself) because they get huge and clunky. They should remain a fixed size regardless of whether you zoom in or not, if not everyone will have to zoom out when using chat bubbles so the text doesn't eat up 1/3 of the screen. Thank you!!
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Feedback on Stealth Damage changes

This is my feedback, coming from someone who has played a Stamina Nightblade (in PvP) since the beta.

Premise:
    As a stamina build, you are giving up on heals/dmg shield in order to deal more burst damage and take out your opponents quickly.
    With the lack of "stealth opener" skills & things like "combo/action points" or other more complex mechanics which other similar games use for the "rogue/assassin" archetype, the high burst damage is what stamina builds depend on.

Problems:
    I do understand the concerns about dying too quick, before you have time to react, but there are ways of fixing this without getting rid of the "rogue" & "assassin" archetypes.

Also, the problem isn't stealth damage only, there are combos such as: Ambush->Surprise Attack->Soul Harvest/Tether which will kill you just as quick, if not quicker. Skills like Silver Shards & Meteor also have the capability of one shotting vampires.
    By making the change to sneak damage, the only ones suffering are the stamina builds, ironically.

How to fix it:
    This I believe, is simple.

The first step you already made, by making Snipe animation shorter, thus making it impossible to queue up Heavy Attack & Venom Arrow to land at the same time as the Snipe, which is what most people were hit for.
    I believe that would've been fine by itself, since it would give the target time to react after the Snipe, before the follow-up shots landed, but it didn't give enough time for the typical zergball to turn around & heal the person who was hit.

Second option which you could make, is simply giving everyone in Cyrodiil more health, thus increasing the it takes to kill (and heal) someone to full health.
    This would most likely require some changes to skills that scale off percentage of the max health (perhaps having a cap of how much it can scale for).

Third option would be fixing the Radiant Magelight skill, which reduces stealth damage taken by 50%.

Conclusion:
    If the current change to sneak damage is there when 1.5 releases, it will mean that people who enjoyed playing "rogue" or "assassin" archetypes with high burst damage will find out that they are no longer able to pick off targets from big zergs.
    This will lead to an exodus of solo PvPers & influx of new zergballs in Cyrodiil, as well as stamina builds having to spec magicka to play effectively in the zerg.

There are already reports of Snipe dealing the same kind of damage as Crystal Fragments.

I urge you to reverse this course of action for the sake of players enjoying the "rogue" and "assassin" archetypes, and encourage you to look at the other options for fixing the "problem".

I agree with you.

This changement is understandable and good AvA - PvP wise but those archetypes should still have their role.
    I would prefer this 1.5.1 changement reversed as well, otherwise it would require a big rework on the archetypes explained by Decimus.
    At least for Nightblade, a way to balance this changement would be buff the Assassination passive skill Master Assassin proportionally to the nerf to the bonus damage of stealthed attacks.
    Also Stealthy racial passive skill (Khajiit and Bosmer) should require an adjustment with this changement going live.
    Edited by Helluin on October 31, 2014 1:50PM
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    How about this for a suggestion for the WW.

1. Remove the timer. This really needs to be done anyway, stop limiting us.

2. Make the gift/curse of being a WW similar to just about any lore in any stories. As you gain Ultimate points (regardless of Ultimate slotted), after a set amount of gained points if you are in combat there is a chance that the wolf will take over and you will change. The higher your Ultimate points, the greater the chance. We will have to activate a synergy to stop the change, so if we don't pay attention, well we change. All the while you are in combat and gaining Ultimate points, you may hear Hircine's voice taunting you to accept the wolf. The change lasts until we are out of combat for 2 min. We are forced to change at a Full Moon, but as long as we don't fight, it only lasts for 2 min. (Careful about logging out in a city).

3. Make a quest line for WW only to learn to control the change ability. When the quest line is complete, you can shift whenever you like for as long as you like. This will cancel the forced Full Moon shift, but you will hear Hircine taunt you until the sun rises.

4. With the release of the Justice System, make WW KOS if they change in a city. With the above parts, this could make for some cool play for a solo or even a group.
  • LPabon
    LPabon

Crafting Writs<-----<Player Titles>
    Certifications<---<Player Titles>

Player added Tittles for Certifications or Achievements ~ Your toon look around and be like "aw that guy looks like a blacksmith!" "Player Tittle "BlackSmith" Shown above the players head.
    [FONT=pragmatica-web, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    *Bounty ammount on upper left hand corner when viewing map? "Whats is this all all about? "Man I can't wait for the justice system and spell crafting" or "Why not more abilities like perhaps the pc version of ESO have more slotted abilities available?"

*Why do the crafting missions have to me your highest learned level in crafting?
    Note: crafting materials with traits items attached don't count....I'm only saying this as I did it for light med and then when i did the heavy i didn't realize i had traits on all of them and the 5 I crafted didn't count and was a waste of VoidStone Ignots"
    Edited by LPabon on October 27, 2014 7:24AM
    Like a cyclone, imperialism spins across the globe; militarism crushes peoples and sucks their blood like a vampire.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^ Why do you have to write with so many ugly colors? It's like you're begging for people just to skip your post.
  • JackFourth
    JackFourth
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

So I've tested a few things on the PTS lately and I have some feedback for the crafting writs.

Crafting Writs

What did you think about the writs? Did everything make sense? Was it fun?

I didn't get to test everything properly, because I don't have access to some areas and don't have certain items (PTS templates used). Everything made sense, except for one part with the provisioning writ. It says I have to craft food I don't have the recipe of. On the live server I have a ton of recipes, but I don't want to end up having one writ where I need to farm/buy the recipe for the writ, especially if I already know over 100 recipes.
    But except for that, it was fun and I'm sure it's going to be easier with my crafters and more items.

What did you think about the survey reports?

I got one survey report from the 3 writs I finished and it was awesome to get a secret place where I can harvest more ore on one spot. Maybe it should be a hidden spot where only those with survey can enter, like a mine.

Did you feel the frequency in receiving the survey reports was adequate?

I've just done 3 writs for now and got one survey, so I can't really say if the frequency is good, but it should be good for me on that part.

Were you able to easily locate the cache of harvest nodes? Did it feel like a significant payload of resources when you did?

It was quite hard to find the locations, especially because the map was mirrored, but it was fun trying to find the place, so I wouldn't change it, except make it like a mine or so (like I said before).
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina build tests with 2H:

I tried 2H, 0/30/30 attributes, 5 medium from Serpent and 2 Yokeda from Warrior, and I couldn't reach softcap in stamina and health was left worryingly low. Low mana worked OK allowing DK buffs and Flames of Oblivion on during fights. With all jewelry to stamina cost reduction, and mimicking as much as possible my DK stamina build from live, it still feels underwhelming. Please look at the attribute numbers. With legendary gear, glyphs etc, it should be possible to reach stamina softcap and over 2500 health before buffs. My test was inadequate on this area, just using stuff from the gear box, but left me worrying.

The fundamental issue of using same resource for ability and blocking is still there. Any need for blocking leads to downcircle. A full heavy attack to get stamina is way too long and a cause of quick death.

Carve is still underwhelming. Damage is getting good but sustainability is not. Additionally, using Carve is much more vulnerable compared to block+Impulse. Just try to kill Wasp nests in Craglorn. I think it needs a short interruptive element to get it work and lower cost.

Dizzying Swing is good for debuff, but otherwise a waste of time. Certainly not a bread&butter. The cycle is too slow for any good DPS.

Executioner is as good as it has been. This is the one which makes the DPS and really kills mobs and bosses. It's fast, cheap and works with LA weaving.

Rally healing is a good enhancement. But my NB gets better heals from Funnel and 2H is melee...

On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • diabeticDemon18
    diabeticDemon18
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    Gold
    I absolutely HATE the changes to the gold drop rate for humanoid mobs. Please back out this change!

This change is actually for the better in my opinion. Getting 1 or 2 gold from EVERY single monster you kill, makes it feel like it's taking longer for me to get gold. Also, the monsters drop more gold at a time, at still a decent drop rate. I was killing some monsters that drop gold 100% of the time in current ESO but at 1 gold each, and I averaged 6 or 7 gold per 2 or 3 monsters. That's a significant increase in gold amount and I think the change is well warranted and hope to see it pull through in the final push out of this update.
  • LPabon
    LPabon
    magnusnet wrote: »
    ^ Why do you have to write with so many ugly colors? It's like you're begging for people just to skip your post.
    my first bbcode comment thats all :P

Like a cyclone, imperialism spins across the globe; militarism crushes peoples and sucks their blood like a vampire.
  • bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    bbqwolf13b14_ESO1
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolves •How do the new werewolf improvements feel?

WW still feels very weak. Due to the lack of any damage from the new 23 point Ultimate where most are 2 points.

•Does the werewolf feel worthwhile and fun with the new improvements?

No, having been a NB WW for quite awhile this update is a pure slap in the face of anyone thinking you guys would fix this World ability. You gave us a longer timer to just take it away again. Tell us you cant toggle the WW because of game restrictions but you have overload. It takes forever to lvl WW abilities since we cant be in WW long enough to even lvl them. My NB does more damage from just swinging swords then my WW does as a 23 point Ultimate. Please just fix the WW or remove it. There have been many good ideas to fix WW but you guys have failed to even look at them. You should nerf vampires to equal the amount of damage a WW does, to make it fair. Then watch people leave the game or complain like the WW users are doing.

Hopefully that answers your question.

• bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems Werewolves will still be at a disadvantage, mainly because they have to stack an ultimate that costs much more than any other ultimate in the game, to only transform into a Wolf for about 2-3 minutes.

I sent a feedback asking for Lycans to have free transformations during the night and allow us to stay in Wolf form during the entire night. It would allow me to actually play as a WW for once!
    ~Thallen~
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems Werewolves will still be at a disadvantage, mainly because they have to stack an ultimate that costs much more than any other ultimate in the game, to only transform into a Wolf for about 2-3 minutes.

I sent a feedback asking for Lycans to have free transformations during the night and allow us to stay in Wolf form during the entire night. It would allow me to actually play as a WW for once!

the base timer is 30 seconds.... if you decide to fight anything with more than 25k hp you will not last that long alone.

if you devour enough you can stay in the form for well over a hour, but more than half that time is spent just using the devour synergy or waiting for it to pop up now....
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • biodragon
    biodragon
    ✭✭
    This one want to ask if game designers are aware of that Werewolf skillline in fact is a very complex, ultimate based, fear-type, illusion-class skill with very thin relation to "true" werewolf?.
    And Bio doesn't mean popcultural Hollywood stuff like "full moon" and other. Bio referring to a lot older legends. The legends that existed long before the invention of the cinematograph.

This one think that many of PVP players when see werewolf thinks something like that: "Damn, I got fear again!" or "Cool! Easy target".

Correct thinking should be: "Werewolf! no, no, no, go other way! Retreat! Retreat!"

Perhaps if Infectious Claws will be... infectious and curing disease will not be free(and cost will rise with time) also infected player get strong, stacking debuff - weakness to disease and poison (Bio doesn't mean werewolf gift but only debuff and can be applied to anyone even other werewolf).

And the time limit... Dark moon, dull claws and Hicine's mercy, who could do such... desecration or maybe despoliation is correct word?
    All werewolves (PvP,PvE,RP) suffer because time limit:
    - identity (look first part of this post),
    - mentally (see how much negative emotion it arouses on forums)
    - physically (how many people buy ESO because of Werewolves? And how many quit because it is not what they expected? )

This one also very likes @nightwalkerrobin_ESO‌ ideas except that "full moon" part, perhaps his/her solutions can solve "identity" problem :
    How about this for a suggestion for the WW.

1. Remove the timer. This really needs to be done anyway, stop limiting us.

2. Make the gift/curse of being a WW similar to just about any lore in any stories. As you gain Ultimate points (regardless of Ultimate slotted), after a set amount of gained points if you are in combat there is a chance that the wolf will take over and you will change. The higher your Ultimate points, the greater the chance. We will have to activate a synergy to stop the change, so if we don't pay attention, well we change. All the while you are in combat and gaining Ultimate points, you may hear Hircine's voice taunting you to accept the wolf. The change lasts until we are out of combat for 2 min. We are forced to change at a Full Moon, but as long as we don't fight, it only lasts for 2 min. (Careful about logging out in a city).

3. Make a quest line for WW only to learn to control the change ability. When the quest line is complete, you can shift whenever you like for as long as you like. This will cancel the forced Full Moon shift, but you will hear Hircine taunt you until the sun rises.

4. With the release of the Justice System, make WW KOS if they change in a city. With the above parts, this could make for some cool play for a solo or even a group.
    Edited by biodragon on October 30, 2014 7:06PM
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting Tutorials
    • How did the tutorial feel? Was it easy to follow?
    • Were you able to find and complete the certifications with ease? Did you find anything confusing or problematic with them?

The tutorials were very easy to follow. This section of the new crafting quests was very smooth, at least on the AD side.

Crafting Writs
    • What did you think about the writs? Did everything make sense? Was it fun?

As a max level crafter, I think the equipment writs are fairly boring. The rewards don't really feel like they match the amount of items that go in. Having an item that sells for more in the rewards in addition to the gold from the quest reward means that a crafter will make maybe a little more than vendoring the materials needed to complete the writ but there's probably more money to be made by selling the mats to another player.

The other writs (enchanting, alchemy, provisioning) feel much better because they don't require nearly as many materials and the reward mats can be put to much better use than those of the equipment writs.

A bug exists in the writs where if you try to withdraw an item from your bank to use for a writ, it won't count for the quest. A quality-of-life problem with writs is that if you already have what the writ wants in your inventory, it'll switch right to the turn in faze without ever telling you on screen what it wants. It requires going to the journal and checking manually to see what you're about to turn in. It's not broken, of course, but just annoying.

Crafting Writs
    • What did you think about the survey reports?
    • Did you feel the frequency in receiving the survey reports was adequate?
    • Were you able to easily locate the cache of harvest nodes? Did it feel like a significant payload of resources when you did?

I was surprised that the equipment writ survey reports for Craglorn included lower level materials. With writs only requiring items of the highest level, I don't need lower level materials so it felt like survey reports provided a reduced number of useful items. The non-equipment writs were nice though. Getting double runes and plants was helpful. The caches were easy to locate as well.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • jgc471980
    jgc471980
    ✭✭
    Ok so after grinding for hours and trying the Lycan class on Single Target /AOE and Bosses The Werewolf skills are nice however I have a few points to address

1:

Timer needs to go for good, this working your but off to stay in were wolf form is to much to enjoy playing the word skill line, Either make Devour a Kill attack i.e at 5-10% health You can use devour and instant high Damage attack and adds say 3 minutes to the Timer (Only if we dont get a toggle or full ability to transform)

2: The new skills are nice however the Piercing Howl Morphs Don't really benefit us or a group in many ways is there any chance to redo 1 of the morphs into a 3-6 person area stun since the Main skill is to stun/knock-down makes sense One morph would be a area Stun for 3 second

Thats all for me.

Edited by jgc471980 on November 9, 2014 12:50PM
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any update on fixing the dwemer hats for khajiit characters? Currently the faceplate looks squashed and sticks out a mile compared to human characters, clipping through the band on the front producing jagged edges. There's also a gap at the top of the faceplate through which you can see a weird magnified version of the characters face. The characters head also clips through the sides of the hood when moving.
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I am still getting stuck in combat from the simplest of actions. It used to be a light attack that could trigger it, now it happens when I drink a potion and it breaks my stealth. This truly happened.

I was out away from battle, drank a potion and CLANK... armor sound from breaking stealth. The sad thing is not only stealth shouldn't have been broken but I stayed unstealthed because the game said I was in combat, I mean whaaaaat? Drink a potion now and it puts me in combat, nice?