The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Down the Skeever Hole - Colovian camp crashing ESO

Aerdrie
Aerdrie
✭✭
There are a few posts related to this, but I wanted to make a new one to maybe get some fresh Zenimax eyes on it.

One of the more comprehensive posts can be found here: forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1143754/#Comment_1143754

My first time for "Down the Skeever Hole" was an Aldemeri Dominion Templar. Had no issues completing it, I was on the NA server, character Do'Araya, had saved villagers in a previous part of the quest.

2nd run in with this quest I was an Ebonheart Pact Night Blade, thus making the zone Vet 10. Any time I went near the Colovian camp after talking with people in the ruin ESO stopped working. Step of the quest was to create a distraction, ie burn down the tents. I worked with a game master for a few days trying to pinpoint the issue, between my machine, and what area specifically was the culprit, trying to see if I could stay on the outskirts of the bad area. Many no man's land drops under Reaper's March and washrine ports later, still no fix, and was informed it was a known issue, and that Zenimax was looking into it. This was a NA server character, Dar'Kissan, had not saved villagers in a previous part of the quest.

I have since run into this quest a 3rd time. Currently I am on a Daggerfall Covenant Dragon Knight, making Reaper's March a Vet 5 area. Again, any time I go near the Colovian camp, ESO stops working. This is on the EU server this time, Aeland Gemleius, who has saved the villagers.

I really hate leaving quests behind, and this is going to mock me from my quest log I'm sure, so I really hope we can get a fix for this in a patch soon. Thanks in advance for looking into this, and good luck finding the skeever causing the issues.
Guild: Imperial Trading Company, EU
Aeland Gemleius - Imperial Drgonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant Vet14 Master Crafter
Dar'Kissan - Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldemeri Dominion
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Aerdrie,

Skeevers are tricky devils that can cause lots of fun and exciting issues. We're glad to hear that a GM was working with you, and hope that this issue is resolved soon. In the meantime, we'll send you a quick PM to see what can be done to resolve this.

Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post