The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Colovian Camp (Reapers Marsh) Game Crash

c1phyr
c1phyr
Colovian Camp, for some odd reason has caused the game on my pc. So I've relogged, changed my graphic settings from High to Low and nothing seems to work. If I had 30 seconds I would port to somewhere else.

Ultimately, I'm stuck in a never-ending game crash. Any help or advice from the forum?
Edited by c1phyr on April 19, 2014 9:03AM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @c1phyr. Is there a specific error message you see when the game crashes? After the initial crash, have you been able to log into your character at all, or is ESO crashing before the character ever loads?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • iaintoff
    iaintoff
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter any way the final quest is bugged as you have to kill the colovian command after causing havoc in the camp but the command do not spawn and all that is in the cave is a load of upset peeps wAiting around.
    Options
  • iaintoff
    iaintoff
    ✭✭✭
    The next colovian quest is also bugged as you do not get given an earring at the top of the tower that the quest insists you wear.
    Options
  • c1phyr
    c1phyr
    @ZOS_TristanK‌ No message appears, just a windows app crash screen or ZOS crash reporter. Yes, I have been able to log back in and load Reapers March. As soon as I'm in the game world - it crashes again. Attached pic.mka7o39lksc0.png
    Edited by c1phyr on April 20, 2014 10:03AM
    Options
  • c1phyr
    c1phyr
    In the absence of any reply from @ZOS_TristanK‌, I have no option but to cancel my subscription until this issue is resolved. I've also sent emails to ZOS Customer Support as well and no reply there either.

Where is customer support?
    Options
  • negat1ve1_ESO
    negat1ve1_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue. I can not access my dragon knight as I constantly crash. My character isn't accessible due to this issue. I have sent the crash report every time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help expedite this situation.

Here is the data from the crash:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: eso.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 5351f237
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_5db7
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18247
    Fault Module Timestamp: 521ea8e7
    Exception Code: c0000374
    Exception Offset: 000ce753
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 5db7
    Additional Information 2: 5db7f4b5d0e97add0771c0bbd907f536
    Additional Information 3: e37b
    Additional Information 4: e37bbbc5a88f7631e51e170483d1754f
    Edited by negat1ve1_ESO on April 22, 2014 7:19PM
    Options
  • c1phyr
    c1phyr
    Thanks negat1ve1_ESO. I'm hoping a mod will see this, acknowledge the issue and have a possible solution. I'm a patient person.
    Options
  • tallican
    tallican
    Sorry for tagging on to an old post. I am having the same issue with this. On the 5th crash already... I am actually trying to get on, run a little bit to try and get out of the camp before it crashes again to see if it helps.

Edit ~
    An Update:
    And what to do you know, after the 8th crash I was able to get my character out of the camp and the game is running smoothly again. I am staying way away from that area.

To be of some help, sometimes the crash would happen straight away (as soon as the area loaded). In this case I would start up the game again, log into a second character, run around a bit, log out and then log into the original character that was crashing, then try and move them. I would get the area to load for a moment longer before the crash, but it was enough for me to get the hell out of the area anyway.
    Edited by tallican on May 5, 2014 9:20AM
    Options
  • Slyonyx
    Slyonyx
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. Every time I enter the Colovian Camp to do the quest 'Down the Skeever Hole' I get a crash to desk top. I had to get customer support to port my character to another location so I could log back in. I went back later to finish up the quest and the second I opened to door to enter the Colovian Camp I crashed to desktop again. Both times Customer support had to move my character so I could log back in. At least the support was fast and helpful for me. I also tried to remove all my addons but it did not fix the problem. Looks like a quest to avoid until a fix is implemented.
    Options
  • Xiubear
    Xiubear
    Soul Shriven
    I too am in this cycle of crashing to desktop and on the same quest as everyone else here. I character can't move to get out as it crashes too quickly.
    Options
  • Craden
    Craden
    Soul Shriven
    I am currently having the same problem i can't even move my character now it just crashes as soon as the loading screen begins to fade.
    Edited by Craden on June 19, 2014 9:55PM
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had this problem today. Now I have to play with my alt, just can't get pass the CTD while entering the Colovian Camp.
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disabling all addons and repairing from the launcher did not help. Anyone has a solution for this ctd?
    Options
  • Aerdrie
    Aerdrie
    ✭✭
    Tagging onto an old post to add some information

Currently my vet 10 Nightblade is also stuck here. disabled addons, crash to desktop as soon as I log into the Colovian camp IF I am looking out over the camp. When I got to the camp last night I crashed going through the door, and when I came back I was looking back at the ruin, and was able to stay in game a long time. As soon as I turned my camera to look at the camp proper I crashed.

I have had similar instances in places that have a lot of arrows on the compass. A GM had to move my character from an area in Glenumbra due to crashing to desktop as well.

However - I did not have this issue on my Templar back in April as some are reporting, the difference between the two characters beyond the level / class is that my Templar saved 5 of the civilians, and I didn't pay attention to the quest this time through and missed them :/

Trying a few more times to see if I have enough time to move my camera back to the ruins to get myself out, if not, will be submitting a ticket.
    Guild: Imperial Trading Company, EU
    Aeland Gemleius - Imperial Drgonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant Vet14 Master Crafter
    Dar'Kissan - Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldemeri Dominion
    Options