The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FIX SHADOW CLOAK ALREADY!!!!!....so sick of being nuked 10m away

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    Go Stand on enemy caltrops and cloak and tell me its not broken.

wow, man. cloak is broken, but you shouldnt stay invisible standing on caltrops. imo enemy AOE is one fair way to counter dark cloak. player have to roll dodge to a safe space, then go invisible.

AOE dmg, detec potion, magelight, mark target. these are the intended counters. shadow cloak should evade projectiles, gap closers, ranged and melee atks, any skill that needs a target...

....maybe one day /sigh
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would argue detect potions shouldn't detect invisibility...
    1. How does a mundane object allow you to see magic invisibility.
    2. It's unfair that a single class has any skill(especially a primary skill) negated by enemy potion use.

It would be like drinking a potion of spell reflect or allowing for poisons that cripple heals... I'm not saying those things shouldn't be in the game, but they aren't currently and its imbalanced to have a single class be so adversely affected by such an easily obtainable item that has no other drawback other than a cool down.

If those things existed in game, I would be all for detect pots.
    Edited by Jacques Berge on October 7, 2014 12:31PM
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorkhan wrote: »
    Go Stand on enemy caltrops and cloak and tell me its not broken.

wow, man. cloak is broken, but you shouldnt stay invisible standing on caltrops. imo enemy AOE is one fair way to counter dark cloak. player have to roll dodge to a safe space, then go invisible.

AOE dmg, detec potion, magelight, mark target. these are the intended counters. shadow cloak should evade projectiles, gap closers, ranged and melee atks, any skill that needs a target...

....maybe one day /sigh
    Just a reminder - its extremely expensive and short duration. If it isn't meant to be VERY powerful its duration should be increased significantly and/or reduce cost.

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder, Bolt Escape is extremely expensive. If it isnt meant to be VERY powerful its range should be increased significantly and/or reduce cost.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder, Bolt Escape is extremely expensive. If it isnt meant to be VERY powerful its range should be increased significantly and/or reduce cost.

do you mean bolt escape is not VERY overpowered??? you must be a troll.
    just a reminder, travel the map faster then a horse stunning who is in the way
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously I dont think so. I am trying hard to be as biased and blinded by my limited perception as you NBs are.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously I dont think so. I am trying hard to be as biased and blinded by my limited perception as you NBs are.
    not-sure-if-u-were-trying-to-be-funny-but-here-is-a-banana-to-keep-ur-mouth-shut.jpg

• Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every Class has at least (1) One OP ability ( and I am being nice to say (1) One!!)

NB has #$%A^....

Don't tell me to a "Adapt and overcome"

I would love to go up against 5 enemy's kill 3 or 4 before I die..

I do not have that Luxury!!
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    Every Class has at least (1) One OP ability ( and I am being nice to say (1) One!!)

NB has #$%A^....

Mass Hysteria, Impale, Cloak, Ambush, brutally strong ultimates. Thats just a few skills on top level compared to other classes... Do you enjoy acting like that?

• synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go Stand on enemy caltrops and cloak and tell me its not broken.Cloak has been changed since the "fix" as the "fix" was some form of sticking plaster to fix it and now projectiles still hit us in cloak, ive lost count how many times I've cloaked and been charged and hit by multiple enemies so much so Ive parked the NB until its fixed properly or I get bored of the crap going on in cyrodiil and just unsub.

Dude, if you are standing in Caltrops and using Dark Cloak you deserve to loose. ;)

The point of the patch was to prevent Shadow Cloak to break from DoTs the Nighblade would apply not those he would suffer from. Shadow Cloak has and will still break from damage like it should.

Zenimax just needs to find a way to put back the avoidance we had before the patch, to prevent targeted skills from breaking the cloak. And they need to fix the supposed "bug" with detection potions and the overall detection bug preventing cloak from working when you play with a party.

I actually love people starting the sentence with dude thinking they know what they are about to say is right... DUDE READ THE PATCH NOTES

•Shadow Cloak: This ability is no longer removed by the following ticking damage abilities.
    •Agony
    •Bat Swarm
    •Caltrops
    •Cripple
    •Entropy
    •Fire Rune
    •Necrotic Orb
    •Path of Darkness
    •South Tether
    •Trap Beast
    •Volley
    •Wall of Elements
    •All elemental procs

Ive made it bold incase you cant see it. sarcastic winky thing

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Stand on enemy caltrops and cloak and tell me its not broken.Cloak has been changed since the "fix" as the "fix" was some form of sticking plaster to fix it and now projectiles still hit us in cloak, ive lost count how many times I've cloaked and been charged and hit by multiple enemies so much so Ive parked the NB until its fixed properly or I get bored of the crap going on in cyrodiil and just unsub.

Dude, if you are standing in Caltrops and using Dark Cloak you deserve to loose. ;)

The point of the patch was to prevent Shadow Cloak to break from DoTs the Nighblade would apply not those he would suffer from. Shadow Cloak has and will still break from damage like it should.

Zenimax just needs to find a way to put back the avoidance we had before the patch, to prevent targeted skills from breaking the cloak. And they need to fix the supposed "bug" with detection potions and the overall detection bug preventing cloak from working when you play with a party.

I actually love people starting the sentence with dude thinking they know what they are about to say is right... DUDE READ THE PATCH NOTES

•Shadow Cloak: This ability is no longer removed by the following ticking damage abilities.
    •Agony
    •Bat Swarm
    •Caltrops
    •Cripple
    •Entropy
    •Fire Rune
    •Necrotic Orb
    •Path of Darkness
    •South Tether
    •Trap Beast
    •Volley
    •Wall of Elements
    •All elemental procs

so, my friend, let me explain, read closely:
    before the patch when you used caltrops or another dot, your own (bold to see) dots damage was breaking shadow cloak. understand? enemy caltrops should always break you out of stealth, but your own caltrops obviously shouldnt break your shadow cloak when ticking damage on an enemy. understand??? this absurd was happening before patch, now it got fixed
    (edit: now means 5 months before launch)
    Edited by Lorkhan on October 7, 2014 6:22PM
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

•Agony
    •Bat Swarm
    •Caltrops
    •Cripple
    •Entropy
    •Fire Rune
    •Necrotic Orb
    •Path of Darkness
    •South Tether
    •Trap Beast
    •Volley
    •Wall of Elements
    •All elemental procs

*Facepalm*...

You still don't understand it, do you? Those effects do not break anymore when YOU DEAL DAMAGE WITH THOSE TICKING ABILITIES, NOT WHEN YOU SUFFER DAMAGE FROM THOSE TICKING ABILITIES...

The point of that change was to allow NBs to use damage over time abilities and enchants with elemental procs without getting constantly knocked out of cloak.

Also if you think you are so right, why aren't Twin Slash, Poison Arrow (two abilities that didn't broke Cloak) or any other classes damage over time effects included in the fix?

Just think harder please...

Edited by Brasseurfb16_ESO on October 7, 2014 7:49PM
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB has #$%A^....

Mass Hysteria, Impale, Cloak, Ambush, brutally strong ultimates. Thats just a few skills on top level compared to other classes... Do you enjoy acting like that?

LOL....you just said a Funny.
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What a well thought out thesis.
    :trollin:
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What a well thought out thesis.

Title says it all,

Don't let the door hit your #$% on the way out.
    Savoifair, EP NB

• Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    Vizier wrote: »
    As a NB, i find this entire thing hilarious.

Dark Cloak Is Not A Bloody Escape Skill.

Seriously, it's not. Every NB I see complaining about this is using this skill as some kind of getaway or disengage. Which is funny, because Dark Cloak is pretty much our best offensive and defensive skill.

When activated, it allows you to reposition without taking large amounts of damage. It cleanses dots. It gives you a huge armor/spell resistance boost. It allows you to effectively be damage free while you set your position and get your next combo ready. I have great success using it this way, as a combat skill, for combat purposes. To me, it's the best and most effective skill a NB has, our only gamebreaker.

The only people I see who have trouble with it are those who try to use it to disengage, and it's just a bad idea. 1, because a detection pot is going to *** it up anyways. I kill a ridiculous amount of fellow NBs because they simply run away spamming dark cloak, and I pop a detection pot and follow them along with shield charge. Detection pots are good, and you're not going to get away from one. 2, because you're wasting one of your best class skills to disengage instead of using it to win your battle.

Beyond that, I don't really know what to say. If you were looking for a skill that allows you to get away from combat whenever you like, well... yeah, I guess that part of the skill is *broken*. But, like BE, if it worked it would be broken in an entirely different way. My advice to all of you struggling with it is to learn to use it as an offensive tool. It functions perfectly that way, and will give you much better killing power. NBs always have asked for their gamebreaker skill, and this is the closest thing we have to it. Let's use it, and stop complaining that we can't use it to get away.

NO it doesn't let you "reposition" without taking large amounts of damage. (when it works right it does but that's the point of the thread.) You are not supposed to be targeted in cloak (except with Mark) and attacks already loosed are supposed to miss. Currently tab target still tracks you while your "cloaked." Ranged attacks and charges still hit you and knock you from cloak. How exactly is this letting people reposition?

If it actually worked how it was bloody intended to we would be having this conversation. ZoS already indicated what their intent for the skill is and they have not met that mark. In fact in some ways it's worse than a couple patches ago. IT's BROKEN. It's been broken and as long as it is broken people are going to effing ***** about it.

It's your best offensive and defensive skill....laughable. That is works "sometimes" is and therefor is OK and at the moment is gamebreaking (LOL) isn't a viable argument against those NB up in arms right now over this broken skill. You have no legs to stand on here. ZoS already confirmed it's effing broken m8. The ability doesn't even allow for positional advantage atm which is what it's supposed to do. And it doesn't break combat like it's supposed to do as a damage mitigation for a class not exactly wonderful in the self heal department. That's why(when it's working right) you get crit bonus when striking from cloak and amor bonus after coming out of it.

It's not an escape? Of course it is, but it's both offensive and defensive. That's the whole point of trying to engage on your terms.

*edited for clarity.

If you want to go on believing it's broken, by all means feel free to do so. My leg to stand on is using it every day, successfully, and seeing it used by other NBs good at what they do. During that whole "it's absolutely broken and unusable!" fiasco, I didn't notice a difference. Aside, of course, from it being easier to kill other Nightblades who tried to use it as a get out of jail free card.

If there currently are bugs with it, they're either not large enough for me to notice, or not large enough to offset the significant advantages of the skill. If the skill is actually supposed to do more than it currently does, I think it would border on the overpowered.

Whatever problems you have with it (or whatever skills you want a Nightblade to have), it's currently the best skill a Nightblade has. By a *** longshot. You seem to disagree, but the damage mitigation is massive. The armor and SR is fantastic, the cleanse is a lifesaver.

Be sure to spec that, by the way. Dark Cloak > Shadowy Disguise. Otherwise your cloak is broken by any random dot ticking on you from any random thing.If you're using shadowy disguise that may be a big part of your problem there.

Do you play more than 10 mins in Cyrodiil??

I have to ask as Ive been on my NB hardcore for the last 2 weeks and Ive lost count how many times Dark Cloak has failed.

For 2.9 seconds no one...I say again no one should be able to target you, but this just aint how its working. You either get knocked out of it as soon as you pop it, or when you pop it other players can still see you.
    Now this only happens when there are lots of players in the area, when its like 2v4 it works fine but when you have a large battle going this is when the problems start happening.

At one point tonight I ganked some dude on a siege I cloaked and went into stealth I moved well out of the way and made so much distance I could turn around and have a look and there in front of me was 5 enemy players running for me and firing hvy attacks at me as if all 5 of them had marked me.

The above happens so many times I just want to give up, and Im no noob with stealth classes and how to evade people (swtor OP + GW2 Thief)

Yes, I PvP a lot in cyrodil. Finally have some videos out as well, if you're interested.

People all running towards you firing at you is called detection pots. I use them whenever i see a stealther, because that's what NBs who rely on Dark Cloak in that way do: they use it to run. And that means a free kill, usually.

Your taking me for some noob.

For 2.9 seconds you are in cloak NOT stealth so no pots what so ever should detect you, if I chain 5 Dark Cloaks every 2 secs I should be un targetable for 10 seconds unless Im hit by AOE.

What you posted sounds like your running around with a blob and chase after a NB who's trying to escape but his skill doesn't work then once you kill him think your elite because you don't use your skill to escape.

In small fights the skill works fine, its when you have a large number of players after you the skill fails, and I would like to see one of your videos using Dark Cloak as an aggressive skill against a blob charging towards you and kill them all.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works fine for me... There are still some kinks here and there... Not always needed though. http://youtu.be/zQC7a4nBoyI

Just seen this, and yes like Ive posted the skill works fine in small scale fights like in the video, but just say a train came hurtling down the stairs towards you let me see your Dark Cloak work 100% of the time then.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running the same NB build since beta, I'm aware of the past and present issues. I'm not satisfied with the current status of the skill, but it is moving forward. Yes, it should have worked out of the box.

I'm not saying the skill isn't bugged, it is... But it is far more functional and effective than it was before. Not in its final stage, but still progressing. And ZoS' constantly saying they're working on it is refreshing.

I'm all for saying "Hey, it's still bugged" but it's these rage posts where people want raze the earth because move doesn't work perfectly that have me torn. Players need to be flexible, you shouldn't rely solely on cloak to win fights or escape... Adapt and overcome

6+ months.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not comprehending what Zos' issue is.

Cloak should only break when the 2.9 seconds are up or when an attack is initiated during it.

Imhnbo, incoming damage, be it from AOEs, or what have you, should not break cloak!!!

I'm casting invisibility ffs, sure you can still hurt me if you hit me with your aoe... but you still cannot see me. Unless, I attack you back.

That should be pretty god damned simple. You'd think... but obviously not.

• Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    1) It's working worse than it did before the patch. Confirmed by loads of us who are neither liars or fools, so your lack of confirmation means nothing.

2) "Adapt and overcome" is what we are doing. What you're really saying is "Accept and submit." Pfft. You accept and submit. I adapt but i sure as heck ain't submissive, and everyone else here pushing ZOS to fix stuff is not submitting either.
    Dude, what's with all the rage? I'm sure cloak is terribly messed up when using it in large scale AvA. I dislike the Zerg combat and haven't participated for quite some time. I have had 2 very challenging 1v1 fights where Melee hits that missed broke my cloak, I still won those fights though (I can post videos of you think I'm lying). But it doesn't get broken by Magelight anymore and that makes me happy.

I'm not saying be submissive and accept the current situation. My suggestion is to develop strategies to compensate while the system is getting fixed. Continue to post, let ZoS know its not working the way it shouldn't. However, raging out isn't going to magically fix the bugs.

Heheh. "Dude" and "rage". Really?

You've said twice now, "adapt and overcome," (the second version phrased "develop strategies to compensate while the system is getting fixed"), as if you simply didn't read me say "Adapt and overcome" is what we are doing." I and any number of others are doing that. You are either not getting the point, or not believing us. Neither approach is useful or correct.

You've also said the skill "...is far more functional and effective than it was before." And I said it's working worse than it did before the patch. You're saying hang in there while they finish making it better, so I'm cluing you in like many other folks are cluing you in, "They're not making it better. They've made it worse."

I don't mind you disagreeing with me, but you're not even on the same page of awareness regarding what my previous post stated simply and clearly.

And the whole "rage" accusation would seem absurd to me, but it is simply another example of you misunderstanding my message. I see you use "rage" in a couple of posts; you should understand that blunt commentary is not rage. In fact, if you look up the definition of rage maybe you'd use it less. Your credibility is in question. I even see at least one other poster trying to educate you about this stuff. It would help you to learn the lesson.
    Edited by Greatfellow on October 8, 2014 1:45AM
  • Sablemane
    Sablemane
    ✭✭✭
    LOUD NOISES!!!
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Greatfellow‌

You know, you're right. The issue seems to be an varying of perceptions. How I and some others speciifically use cloak may be very succsessful in our own specific goals. While you and some others have the reverse effect. like I said before, I'm sure cloak is crapping the bed in big AvA, but we're on the same team. Cloak needs to have all the kinks worked out it.

Side note, this is an interenet forum for a video game, unlikely that I'me going to have some life changing epiphany from reading another's post.
    "Shadow hide you"

• Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    @Greatfellow‌

You know, you're right. The issue seems to be an varying of perceptions. How I and some others speciifically use cloak may be very succsessful in our own specific goals. While you and some others have the reverse effect. like I said before, I'm sure cloak is crapping the bed in big AvA, but we're on the same team. Cloak needs to have all the kinks worked out it.

Side note, this is an interenet forum for a video game, unlikely that I'me going to have some life changing epiphany from reading another's post.

Nice reply, thanks.

Side note, never pass up an epiphany: they happen in the oddest places, and they don't have to be life changing to be worthy of tucking away for future use.

Side note two, I was talking with a fellow at work today about about how rare and valuable are the people who tell us truths that we did not know about ourselves. And rarer still, the recipients who accept those truths for the gifts they are. This is not a comment about you, just some conversation from today that I believe is true and useful, and worth sharing.

Cheers, Jacques.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    @‌Goodfellow

Indeed.

Not sure if you have seen them... But you should check out some of the vids of me thrashing people. I'm particularly proud of the one of me slaying the skirt wearing, flame lashing DK.
    "Shadow hide you"

• Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    @‌Goodfellow

Indeed.

Not sure if you have seen them... But you should check out some of the vids of me thrashing people. I'm particularly proud of the one of me slaying the skirt wearing, flame lashing DK.

Link(s)?
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Jacques Berge on October 8, 2014 7:03AM
    "Shadow hide you"

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly feel that NBs should band together both in the forums and in game... I have a handful of NBs from other alliances as friends in game... We duel and exchange build suggestions and war stories... It's like an honor among thieves type thing and I really like it... I will never help a fellow alliance member in a 1v1 fight with an equally powerful player... I certainly don't want the help. If you can't defend yourself properly in questing zones you deserve a walk of shame... I also won't kill a player more than twice unless I've witnessed them being a scumbag.
    "Shadow hide you"

• Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    It's not useless. It can dispel, increase your armor/resi.

If it allows to reposition...ever tried it with two shades on you? In melee situations in most of the cases it doesn't help cause the opponent spams some aoe stuff.

Second problem is caused by high latency in my opinion. You cloak first your opponent fires afterwards. Problem: the server recognizes his attack first although for you its the other way around. Unfortunately this breaks your cloak. For range abilities the implemented a miss but not for melee or aoe.

So for an archer its great but for a melee blade? Dispelling is fine but increasing your defense is useless as long as the sharpened trait and is bugged and everybody ignores your full resi even if its hard capped. Alone that this *** bug is in the game since release leaves me without words...either the software architecture is completely messed up or they simply don't care about such severe issues. It should be nothing but 1 or 2 code lines to fix and there are countless issues of this kind which should be easy to fix. cloak might be harder to fix though but what makes me angry is the impression that they just leave the broken stuff like it is and simply don't care.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Shadow hide you"

• Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jacques Berge, you are trying to promote your channel and losing the focus about what matters here. in your videos we cant see a nightblade using dark cloak and being hit by a close gap skill or a projectile... so, why dont you make a new threat and post your videos there?