The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FIX SHADOW CLOAK ALREADY!!!!!....so sick of being nuked 10m away

Sav72
Sav72
✭✭✭✭✭
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Edited by Sav72 on September 29, 2014 9:08PM
Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump - Just make it as good or better with the same mechanics as an invis potion simple
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes i agree, and also, it should not have to force me into a sneak position.
    in addition it should last a minimum of 30 seconds.
    i should be able to cast this spell of invisibility and then be completely invisible while in pvp and also pve, this skill should be a new skill slot for me to be able to travel since we can now only creep along at a very low low speed while in sneak so this would give me the ability to run while invisible.
    we needed that speed we had so obviously since you removed the speed we had then atleast allow us what im asking for.
    please,
    and thank you :)
  • Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    +1 Im pretty sick of shadow cloak not freaking working. It dodges projectiles now but it doesnt put you in stealth what so ever so the enemy just keeps shooting you because it takes so long for the eyeball to close after using it that unless you burn your entire magic bar to stay cloaked - Your screwed. And even then, when your magic bar is burned your still stuck with a half open eye getting shot in the ass by arrows/spells. Thusly screwed. Its so useless that I dont even bother having it on my bar anymore which is sad since everything about my build is stealth oriented but I have to rely on invis pots instead of Nightblade magic. SO STUPID.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the fact that stealth itself is so broken has made the ability almost useless. I only keep it on my bar because I am stubborn. You can be miles(not exaggerating) away from enemies, be it NPC or players, STEALTHED, yet it wont let you re-stealth. one time, I attacked someone, re-entered stealth, behind cover. it would not let me re-stealth, yet it let that player restealth before my very eyes.... as soon as he CC broke the sneak hit... and he DID NOT have cover of his own...

stealth was not always this bad. I don't know what ZOS did to screw it up, but they MUST fix it ASAP.

Stop adding in pointless PvE grindzones, and fix the game!!! please ZOS!!!! I beg of you!
    Edited by Cody on September 30, 2014 1:34AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    the fact that stealth itself is so broken has made the ability almost useless. I only keep it on my bar because I am stubborn. You can be miles(not exaggerating) away from enemies, be it NPC or players, STEALTHED, yet it wont let you re-stealth. one time, I attacked someone, re-entered stealth, behind cover. it would not let me re-stealth, yet it let that player restealth before my very eyes.... as soon as he CC broke the sneak hit... and he DID NOT have cover of his own...

stealth was not always this bad. I don't know what ZOS did to screw it up, but they MUST fix it ASAP.

Stop adding in pointless PvE grindzones, and fix the game!!! please ZOS!!!! I beg of you!
    i agree with you friend, stealth is broken for us nightblades.
    saddly i did see many people that were enemies trying to stealth and they were very far away and because of lack of speeds now i couldnt make it to them cause would have took me litteraly 15 minutes to reach them, but, my point is that i saw them trying to go back into sneak and i felt bad for them cause i knew they would not be able to return into stealth.

oh and by the way i love your signature, total awesome.

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where is the ZOS comment? this is supposed to have been fixed! I know you must be sick of this issue but you must acknowledge that you realize it is still useless/broken
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    Where is the ZOS comment? this is supposed to have been fixed! I know you must be sick of this issue but you must acknowledge that you realize it is still useless/broken

Lets not put words in their mouths, as annoying as it is that it just doesn't work very well they said they had fixed your own DOTs breaking stealth as well as a follow up fix to stop missed hits from knocking you out of stealth.

That's all they said they've fixed.
  • Ryzium
    Ryzium
    ✭✭✭
    yes i agree, and also, it should not have to force me into a sneak position.
    in addition it should last a minimum of 30 seconds.
    i should be able to cast this spell of invisibility and then be completely invisible while in pvp and also pve, this skill should be a new skill slot for me to be able to travel since we can now only creep along at a very low low speed while in sneak so this would give me the ability to run while invisible.
    we needed that speed we had so obviously since you removed the speed we had then atleast allow us what im asking for.
    please,
    and thank you :)

This post oa so ridiculous it has to be a troll making fun of the typical QQing upset NB
    Ryzium
    • V1 Nightblade - Soul Rend
    • 26 DK - Ryzium
    My Stream
  • Ryzium
    Ryzium
    ✭✭✭

If you don't deal damage or if you do but get out of the area quickly you can restealth immediately. The game has always allowed you to do that.
    Ryzium
    • V1 Nightblade - Soul Rend
    • 26 DK - Ryzium
    My Stream
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ryzium wrote: »

If you don't deal damage or if you do but get out of the area quickly you can restealth immediately. The game has always allowed you to do that.

This is complete bs - Yesterday I got detected, whilst cloaked by the mage guard on the wall at chalman. I had to run all the way to bleakers before i could re-stealth the whole time i was cloaking trying to return to stealth and nothing.

• synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is still broken, amongst other things I cannot cloak in caltrops I come straight out. FIX it pls
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How you dare complaining about your shadow/dark cloack that is broken since day 1? Shame on you!!!

Blazing shield was a top priority to fix.
    Wait for ur turn.

Someday and if.
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough, the essence of the guild summit was the same as 3 months (or are it already 4?) ago.

"Shadow Cloak – QA has been hard at work to identify the affects of using every single ability in the game with/against a character who is cloaked, so they are aware of all the issues and will be working on resolving them for future updates."
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/10/eso-guild-summit-day2/

Translation: "We are aware of it and will fix it in a future update." Why does that sound familiar?

Talking about carrots...
    Edited by GwaynLoki on October 3, 2014 10:21AM
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contrary to popular belief, invis potions fail just as hard as cloak does... and as frequently.
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tab targeting still tracks cloaked players, ranged attacks and gap closers still targeting and hitting cloaked players breaking them from cloak. Cloak not breaking combat most times as it should for restealth.

It's a long term balance fail from ZoS. Hope they get it right one of these days.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a NB, i find this entire thing hilarious.

Dark Cloak Is Not A Bloody Escape Skill.

Seriously, it's not. Every NB I see complaining about this is using this skill as some kind of getaway or disengage. Which is funny, because Dark Cloak is pretty much our best offensive and defensive skill.

When activated, it allows you to reposition without taking large amounts of damage. It cleanses dots. It gives you a huge armor/spell resistance boost. It allows you to effectively be damage free while you set your position and get your next combo ready. I have great success using it this way, as a combat skill, for combat purposes. To me, it's the best and most effective skill a NB has, our only gamebreaker.

The only people I see who have trouble with it are those who try to use it to disengage, and it's just a bad idea. 1, because a detection pot is going to *** it up anyways. I kill a ridiculous amount of fellow NBs because they simply run away spamming dark cloak, and I pop a detection pot and follow them along with shield charge. Detection pots are good, and you're not going to get away from one. 2, because you're wasting one of your best class skills to disengage instead of using it to win your battle.

Beyond that, I don't really know what to say. If you were looking for a skill that allows you to get away from combat whenever you like, well... yeah, I guess that part of the skill is *broken*. But, like BE, if it worked it would be broken in an entirely different way. My advice to all of you struggling with it is to learn to use it as an offensive tool. It functions perfectly that way, and will give you much better killing power. NBs always have asked for their gamebreaker skill, and this is the closest thing we have to it. Let's use it, and stop complaining that we can't use it to get away.
    Edited by Satiar on October 6, 2014 6:04PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, maybe that is because your skill is bugged and causing your opponents to not being able to block?! Dont knwo whether this got introduced with latest patch or earlier, but using shadow cloak will cause your opponent to drop block despite him pressing the button continuosly.

Now please make a fix shadow cloak thread for the "good" bugs as well, cryblades.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

Seriously, it's not. Every NB I see complaining about this is using this skill as some kind of getaway or disengage. Which is funny, because Dark Cloak is pretty much our best offensive and defensive skill.

When activated, it allows you to reposition without taking large amounts of damage. It cleanses dots. It gives you a huge armor/spell resistance boost. It allows you to effectively be damage free while you set your position and get your next combo ready. I have great success using it this way, as a combat skill, for combat purposes. To me, it's the best and most effective skill a NB has, our only gamebreaker.

The only people I see who have trouble with it are those who try to use it to disengage, and it's just a bad idea. 1, because a detection pot is going to *** it up anyways. I kill a ridiculous amount of fellow NBs because they simply run away spamming dark cloak, and I pop a detection pot and follow them along with shield charge. Detection pots are good, and you're not going to get away from one. 2, because you're wasting one of your best class skills to disengage instead of using it to win your battle.

Beyond that, I don't really know what to say. If you were looking for a skill that allows you to get away from combat whenever you like, well... yeah, I guess that part of the skill is *broken*. But, like BE, if it worked it would be broken in an entirely different way. My advice to all of you struggling with it is to learn to use it as an offensive tool. It functions perfectly that way, and will give you much better killing power. NBs always have asked for their gamebreaker skill, and this is the closest thing we have to it. Let's use it, and stop complaining that we can't use it to get away.

NO it doesn't let you "reposition" without taking large amounts of damage. (when it works right it does but that's the point of the thread.) You are not supposed to be targeted in cloak (except with Mark) and attacks already loosed are supposed to miss. Currently tab target still tracks you while your "cloaked." Ranged attacks and charges still hit you and knock you from cloak. How exactly is this letting people reposition?

If it actually worked how it was bloody intended to we wouldn't be having this conversation. ZoS already indicated what their intent for the skill is and they have not met that mark. In fact in some ways it's worse than a couple patches ago. IT's BROKEN. It's been broken and as long as it is broken people are going to effing ***** about it.

It's your best offensive and defensive skill....laughable. That it works "sometimes" is and therefor is OK and at the moment is gamebreaking (LOL) isn't a viable argument against those NB up in arms right now over this broken skill. You have no legs to stand on here. ZoS already confirmed it's effing broken m8. The ability doesn't even allow for positional advantage atm which is what it's supposed to do. And it doesn't break combat like it's supposed to do as a damage mitigation for a class not exactly wonderful in the self heal department. That's why(when it's working right) you get crit bonus when striking from cloak and amor bonus after coming out of it.

It's not an escape? Of course it is, but it's both offensive and defensive. That's the whole point of trying to engage on your terms.

*edited for clarity.
    Edited by Vizier on October 7, 2014 4:28AM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

NO it doesn't let you "reposition" without taking large amounts of damage. (when it works right it does but that's the point of the thread.) You are not supposed to be targeted in cloak (except with Mark) and attacks already loosed are supposed to miss. Currently tab target still tracks you while your "cloaked." Ranged attacks and charges still hit you and knock you from cloak. How exactly is this letting people reposition?

If it actually worked how it was bloody intended to we would be having this conversation. ZoS already indicated what their intent for the skill is and they have not met that mark. In fact in some ways it's worse than a couple patches ago. IT's BROKEN. It's been broken and as long as it is broken people are going to effing ***** about it.

It's your best offensive and defensive skill....laughable. That is works "sometimes" is and therefor is OK and at the moment is gamebreaking (LOL) isn't a viable argument against those NB up in arms right now over this broken skill. You have no legs to stand on here. ZoS already confirmed it's effing broken m8. The ability doesn't even allow for positional advantage atm which is what it's supposed to do. And it doesn't break combat like it's supposed to do as a damage mitigation for a class not exactly wonderful in the self heal department. That's why(when it's working right) you get crit bonus when striking from cloak and amor bonus after coming out of it.

It's not an escape? Of course it is, but it's both offensive and defensive. That's the whole point of trying to engage on your terms.

*edited for clarity.

If you want to go on believing it's broken, by all means feel free to do so. My leg to stand on is using it every day, successfully, and seeing it used by other NBs good at what they do. During that whole "it's absolutely broken and unusable!" fiasco, I didn't notice a difference. Aside, of course, from it being easier to kill other Nightblades who tried to use it as a get out of jail free card.

If there currently are bugs with it, they're either not large enough for me to notice, or not large enough to offset the significant advantages of the skill. If the skill is actually supposed to do more than it currently does, I think it would border on the overpowered.

Whatever problems you have with it (or whatever skills you want a Nightblade to have), it's currently the best skill a Nightblade has. By a *** longshot. You seem to disagree, but the damage mitigation is massive. The armor and SR is fantastic, the cleanse is a lifesaver.

Be sure to spec that, by the way. Dark Cloak > Shadowy Disguise. Otherwise your cloak is broken by any random dot ticking on you from any random thing.If you're using shadowy disguise that may be a big part of your problem there.
    Edited by Satiar on October 6, 2014 10:39PM

• Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it actually worked how it was bloody intended to we would be having this conversation. ZoS already indicated what their intent for the skill is and they have not met that mark. In fact in some ways it's worse than a couple patches ago. IT's BROKEN. It's been broken and as long as it is broken people are going to effing ***** about it.

It's your best offensive and defensive skill....laughable. That is works "sometimes" is and therefor is OK and at the moment is gamebreaking (LOL) isn't a viable argument against those NB up in arms right now over this broken skill. You have no legs to stand on here. ZoS already confirmed it's effing broken m8. The ability doesn't even allow for positional advantage atm which is what it's supposed to do. And it doesn't break combat like it's supposed to do as a damage mitigation for a class not exactly wonderful in the self heal department. That's why(when it's working right) you get crit bonus when striking from cloak and amor bonus after coming out of it.

*edited for clarity.

If you want to go on believing it's broken, by all means feel free to do so. My leg to stand on is using it every day, successfully, and seeing it used by other NBs good at what they do. During that whole "it's absolutely broken and unusable!" fiasco, I didn't notice a difference. Aside, of course, from it being easier to kill other Nightblades who tried to use it as a get out of jail free card.

If there currently are bugs with it, they're either not large enough for me to notice, or not large enough to offset the significant advantages of the skill. If the skill is actually supposed to do more than it currently does, I think it would border on the overpowered.

Whatever problems you have with it (or whatever skills you want a Nightblade to have), it's currently the best skill a Nightblade has. By a *** longshot. You seem to disagree, but the damage mitigation is massive. The armor and SR is fantastic, the cleanse is a lifesaver.

Be sure to spec that, by the way. Dark Cloak > Shadowy Disguise. Otherwise your cloak is broken by any random dot ticking on you from any random thing.If you're using shadowy disguise that may be a big part of your problem there.

Do you play more than 10 mins in Cyrodiil??

I have to ask as Ive been on my NB hardcore for the last 2 weeks and Ive lost count how many times Dark Cloak has failed.

For 2.9 seconds no one...I say again no one should be able to target you, but this just aint how its working. You either get knocked out of it as soon as you pop it, or when you pop it other players can still see you.
    Now this only happens when there are lots of players in the area, when its like 2v4 it works fine but when you have a large battle going this is when the problems start happening.

At one point tonight I ganked some dude on a siege I cloaked and went into stealth I moved well out of the way and made so much distance I could turn around and have a look and there in front of me was 5 enemy players running for me and firing hvy attacks at me as if all 5 of them had marked me.

The above happens so many times I just want to give up, and Im no noob with stealth classes and how to evade people (swtor OP + GW2 Thief)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ryzium wrote: »

does not let me.....
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Works fine for me... There are still some kinks here and there... Not always needed though. http://youtu.be/zQC7a4nBoyI
    Edited by Jacques Berge on October 7, 2014 3:03AM
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how basically the counter argument is: " I got mine. Efff everybody else."

Guess I'm glad your not part of the dev team looking into it. ;-/

You can say it isn't broken all you want. It's already been confirmed by ZoS the targeting issues exist. They recognize the behavior of Cloak is not consistent. They may or may not have a clue as to why this is or they may need more time to nail down what's causing it to break when it does.

What we do know is there are many NB seeing the differences in the way Cloak acts and responds since around 1.3 and have not been pleased. Look, I've seen some QQ but generally speaking the NB players voicing concern have been at this awhile too and know a thing or two about their class.

I'm sorry but being able to target and or hit a player that has cloaked, is not "marked" or revealed through "magelight," whether tracked by tab targeting, or shield charge or a loosed arrow is NOT a skill that is working properly. Your continued assertion it is working properly and or that it is because it would be OP otherwise is LoLs logic m8.
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been running the same NB build since beta, I'm aware of the past and present issues. I'm not satisfied with the current status of the skill, but it is moving forward. Yes, it should have worked out of the box.

I'm not saying the skill isn't bugged, it is... But it is far more functional and effective than it was before. Not in its final stage, but still progressing. And ZoS' constantly saying they're working on it is refreshing.

I'm all for saying "Hey, it's still bugged" but it's these rage posts where people want raze the earth because move doesn't work perfectly that have me torn. Players need to be flexible, you shouldn't rely solely on cloak to win fights or escape... Adapt and overcome
    "Shadow hide you"

• Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running the same NB build since beta, I'm aware of the past and present issues. I'm not satisfied with the current status of the skill, but it is moving forward. Yes, it should have worked out of the box.

I'm not saying the skill isn't bugged, it is... But it is far more functional and effective than it was before. Not in its final stage, but still progressing. And ZoS' constantly saying they're working on it is refreshing.

I'm all for saying "Hey, it's still bugged" but it's these rage posts where people want raze the earth because move doesn't work perfectly that have me torn. Players need to be flexible, you shouldn't rely solely on cloak to win fights or escape... Adapt and overcome

1) It's working worse than it did before the patch. Confirmed by loads of us who are neither liars or fools, so your lack of confirmation means nothing.

2) "Adapt and overcome" is what we are doing. What you're really saying is "Accept and submit." Pfft. You accept and submit. I adapt but i sure as heck ain't submissive, and everyone else here pushing ZOS to fix stuff is not submitting either.
    Edited by Greatfellow on October 7, 2014 6:16AM
  • Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) It's working worse than it did before the patch. Confirmed by loads of us who are neither liars or fools, so your lack of confirmation means nothing.

2) "Adapt and overcome" is what we are doing. What you're really saying is "Accept and submit." Pfft. You accept and submit. I adapt but i sure as heck ain't submissive, and everyone else here pushing ZOS to fix stuff is not submitting either.
    Dude, what's with all the rage? I'm sure cloak is terribly messed up when using it in large scale AvA. I dislike the Zerg combat and haven't participated for quite some time. I have had 2 very challenging 1v1 fights where Melee hits that missed broke my cloak, I still won those fights though (I can post videos of you think I'm lying). But it doesn't get broken by Magelight anymore and that makes me happy.

I'm not saying be submissive and accept the current situation. My suggestion is to develop strategies to compensate while the system is getting fixed. Continue to post, let ZoS know its not working the way it shouldn't. However, raging out isn't going to magically fix the bugs.

"Shadow hide you"

• Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*edited for clarity.

Do you play more than 10 mins in Cyrodiil??

I have to ask as Ive been on my NB hardcore for the last 2 weeks and Ive lost count how many times Dark Cloak has failed.

For 2.9 seconds no one...I say again no one should be able to target you, but this just aint how its working. You either get knocked out of it as soon as you pop it, or when you pop it other players can still see you.
    Now this only happens when there are lots of players in the area, when its like 2v4 it works fine but when you have a large battle going this is when the problems start happening.

At one point tonight I ganked some dude on a siege I cloaked and went into stealth I moved well out of the way and made so much distance I could turn around and have a look and there in front of me was 5 enemy players running for me and firing hvy attacks at me as if all 5 of them had marked me.

The above happens so many times I just want to give up, and Im no noob with stealth classes and how to evade people (swtor OP + GW2 Thief)

Yes, I PvP a lot in cyrodil. Finally have some videos out as well, if you're interested.

People all running towards you firing at you is called detection pots. I use them whenever i see a stealther, because that's what NBs who rely on Dark Cloak in that way do: they use it to run. And that means a free kill, usually.

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/10/eso-guild-summit-day2/ If you read the whole thing, you'll read that they may be removing the detect pots ability to "detect" cloaked players... I would love to hear the argument of why potion can be used to counter a class skill.
    "Shadow hide you"

• synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go Stand on enemy caltrops and cloak and tell me its not broken.Cloak has been changed since the "fix" as the "fix" was some form of sticking plaster to fix it and now projectiles still hit us in cloak, ive lost count how many times I've cloaked and been charged and hit by multiple enemies so much so Ive parked the NB until its fixed properly or I get bored of the crap going on in cyrodiil and just unsub.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    synnerman wrote: »
    Go Stand on enemy caltrops and cloak and tell me its not broken.Cloak has been changed since the "fix" as the "fix" was some form of sticking plaster to fix it and now projectiles still hit us in cloak, ive lost count how many times I've cloaked and been charged and hit by multiple enemies so much so Ive parked the NB until its fixed properly or I get bored of the crap going on in cyrodiil and just unsub.

Dude, if you are standing in Caltrops and using Dark Cloak you deserve to loose. ;)

The point of the patch was to prevent Shadow Cloak to break from DoTs the Nighblade would apply not those he would suffer from. Shadow Cloak has and will still break from damage like it should.

Zenimax just needs to find a way to put back the avoidance we had before the patch, to prevent targeted skills from breaking the cloak. And they need to fix the supposed "bug" with detection potions and the overall detection bug preventing cloak from working when you play with a party.