The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FIX SHADOW CLOAK ALREADY!!!!!....so sick of being nuked 10m away

• Jacques Berge
    Jacques Berge
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lorkhan we've establish that cloak is bugged and doesn't work properly. Should the thread be 100+ saying "yep it's broke"? I don't care about views or likes or whatever... I really just make the vids for myself and the only reason I upload em is so I can share them with friends. I post them on here because there are so many people who say they're shelving their NB til everything gets fixed. I just want people to not just see that hey... Our main skill is bugged as hell... But also that, despite that we are still deadly as hell.... I just don't want my fellow NBs to lose hope.
    Edited by Jacques Berge on October 8, 2014 12:33PM
    "Shadow hide you"

Jacques Berge - v14 NB - DC
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lorkhan we've establish that cloak is bugged and doesn't work properly. Should the thread be 100+ saying "yep it's broke"? I don't care about views or likes or whatever... I really just make the vids for myself and the only reason I upload em is so I can share them with friends. I post them on here because there are so many people who say they're shelving their NB til everything gets fixed. I just want people to not just see that hey... Our main skill is bugged as hell... But also that, despite that we are still deadly as hell.... I just don't want my fellow NBs to not lose hope.

@Jacques Berge ok man. i get it.
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    Second problem is caused by high latency in my opinion. You cloak first your opponent fires afterwards. Problem: the server recognizes his attack first although for you its the other way around. Unfortunately this breaks your cloak. For range abilities the implemented a miss but not for melee or aoe.

So for an archer its great but for a melee blade? Dispelling is fine but increasing your defense is useless as long as the sharpened trait and is bugged and everybody ignores your full resi even if its hard capped. Alone that this *** bug is in the game since release leaves me without words...either the software architecture is completely messed up or they simply don't care about such severe issues. It should be nothing but 1 or 2 code lines to fix and there are countless issues of this kind which should be easy to fix. cloak might be harder to fix though but what makes me angry is the impression that they just leave the broken stuff like it is and simply don't care.
    Interesting ... although NB has generally improved a lot, its the underlying broken mechanics that can seriously effect the NB. Of course it causes problems with everyone but the nightblade surprise and natural squishiness exacerbate the problem with us..

• Greatfellow
    Greatfellow
    ✭✭✭

nice video, good fight, thanks :)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    anyone that says this skill is not bugged is either lying to you, just does not know, or.... I dare say it... trolling you.

To everyone reading this... Cloak is bugged. Iv played a NB since beta, and iv watched cloak be a broken mess for 6 months. it still is. good luck using It in any large battle.
    Edited by Cody on October 10, 2014 12:05AM
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly. My Shadow cloak has been working very well the last couple days. Ever since the hot patch.

Listen. When I think it's broken I'll scream loud and from the rooftops and I have been for months now, but I also try to give credit where it's due and I've been overall very pleased with cloak these last days. Anyone else notice this?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Honestly. My Shadow cloak has been working very well the last couple days. Ever since the hot patch.

Listen. When I think it's broken I'll scream loud and from the rooftops and I have been for months now, but I also try to give credit where it's due and I've been overall very pleased with cloak these last days. Anyone else notice this?

the last time I used it, it kept shutting off on me in battle.