Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

who wants a camel mount

• eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not Bothered
    I don't personally want one, but I see no reason someone else shouldn't' use them. They are already in the game and at least we actually ride those in the real world unlike guars.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on March 9, 2015 9:26PM
    :trollin:
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Bothered
    Having had the pleasure of spending time with several when I was a young person, I can say camels are just amazing creatures and very stereotyped in the wrong ways for the wrong reasons. I love them.

That being said, I don't see where they have been in the lore of the game before. Does anyone know?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    B_lov3d wrote: »
    Racial or region appropriate mounts would be awesome ^_^.

Yes, lots of yes to this! I hate seeing kwama outside of Morrowind, same for a lot of other critters. I think that pact-restricted mounts would be really appropriate.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There is a desert, so I think camels are a definite win.
  • Armann
    Armann
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only if we can punch it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZt8ejQw_8
    EU megaserver | XboxNord Nightblade | Ebonheart PactImperial Dragonknight | Ebonheart PactDunmer Sorcerer | Ebonheart PactDunmer Warden | Ebonheart PactOrc Necromancer | Daggerfall CovenantAltmer Templar | Aldmeri Dominion
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    still waiting for a camel mount..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • firstdecan
    firstdecan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fyi its not a camel but a dromedary, since it only has one hump

Will never happen. ZoS has been removing anything with two humps.
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Bothered
    bear or wolf for me.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd call mine Alice :)
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    bear or wolf for me.

Yes, definitely bears too, definitely! They're even spoken about in-game:
    Bear%20Mount%20from%20Orsinium_zpsqyawt49p.png~original
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • arqe
    arqe
    ✭✭✭
    Not Bothered
    Khajiit riding a camel. I think i'll pass on this.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    meh!
    Meh

I would prefer a Mammoth mount.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Bothered
    firstdecan wrote: »
    fyi its not a camel but a dromedary, since it only has one hump

Will never happen. ZoS has been removing anything with two humps.

Actually, you differentiate between Bactrian Camel (two humps) and Dromedary Camel (one hump) and therfore can call both of them camel. Sticking to dromedary for one humped camels is less confusing, of course.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but ONLY if it's some kind of vanity mount that doesn't have the speed of other mounts regardless of your riding ability.

It's weird enough to watch a tiny Guar on PTS zipping along as fast as the fastest horses. A camel doing the same would be horrible.
  • R3DTHR3AT
    R3DTHR3AT
    ✭✭
    Yes
    My khajiit really need camel!
    Aetherius Eight guild. World 1st HM SO team member.

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I wrote it in another thread already, I'd choose a camel over other mounts atm. And I'd ride it with the "always run" toggle off. :)

Also, and I'm serious, I recently saw these sweet multicolored frogs again, and now I want one of these as a pet. Or a bunch of 3, counting as 1 pet, all in different colors^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yep but not single hump, we need a double hump. :smile:
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Every time I see a poll like this I add more to my wish list, which is currently:

Fell Runner
    Spider
    Clannfear
    Camel
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    BigM wrote: »
    Yep but not single hump, we need a double hump. :smile:

Definitely, otherwise it would get a bit too uncomfortable ;)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Every time I see a poll like this I add more to my wish list, which is currently:

Fell Runner
    Spider
    Clannfear
    Camel

Haha, now I'm adding a Fell Runner to MY wishlist, too^^ But as a pet, since I find them too cute to be ridden on :)

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh!
    I want a Bull Netch mount. Floating a few meters above ground would be as close to flying as you could get with the current game engine. Moving at less than a player's ordinary running speed it would of course be impractically slow and basically useless, but fun. Perhaps it could offer some extra safety from attacks? No mobs or enemies in their right mind would mess with a bull netch, so it could be made very difficult, even impossible, to attack someone riding it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Bothered
    Only if it's a limited offer with 40 stamina in addition to the trained rider skills (it'll need a -40 speed debuff)

:smiley:
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh!
    Not sure if I already snuck in this thread before... but as I always say...

Sure I'd like ____ right after a goat pet ;) Best of luck to getting your camel mount one day.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Not sure if I would have a character wide one, but yeah. all for it.

Especially if we can get them to spit at Kajiit! B)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't MIND a Camel, but I'm in the much-rather-have-a-specific-something-else camp, which in my case is a Welwa.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • aisriyth_ESO
    aisriyth_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I adore camels. Couldn't tell you why if you asked.
  • azoriangaming
    azoriangaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    no i want a fellrunner
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It should be easy: instead of telling one artist to design a new horse, get a committee to do it... sorry about the cliched joke but someone already beat me to the other obligatory camel reply "It's not a camel it's a dromedary"
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Still waiting on my titan mount.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No not unless its achievement based. No more crowns from me until they fix the many issues