The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to beat Dragonstar Arena Vet Mode - Videos HODOR Guild

• Arua
    Arua
    Pixysticks wrote: »

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Please take down the video of how you exploited this.

You know, as far as jokes are concerned, overdoing it often spoils the fun. :)
    Furthermore, if taking down a video, a link or a taunt (like yours was earlier) is required, a moderator will take care of it properly at some point...
  • Pixysticks
    Pixysticks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arua wrote: »

Please take down the video of how you exploited this.

You know, as far as jokes are concerned, overdoing it often spoils the fun. :)
    Furthermore, if taking down a video, a link or a taunt (like yours was earlier) is required, a moderator will take care of it properly at some point...

Yeah, no one in the thread is joking-- stop showing people how to exploit this boss before the developers can fix it.
    Alacrity

Retired 05/04/15.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    Completely agree, this is clearly unintended. This is an eye-opening exploit, and I can't see any guild respecting Hodor's kill at this point in time.

So should we not respect any achievements during orbs, any achievements during PvP exploiting, etc?

Not saying I agree/disagree yet, just curious.

That's like me saying I don't respect Alacrity staying up all night before the orb nerf to beat the EP time. Of course I respected it. Cheesy, but still took some skill.

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    Completely agree, this is clearly unintended. This is an eye-opening exploit, and I can't see any guild respecting Hodor's kill at this point in time.

So should we not respect any achievements during orbs, any achievements during PvP exploiting, etc?

That's like me saying I don't respect Alacrity staying up all night before the orb nerf to beat the EP time. Of course I respected it. Cheesy, but still took some skill.

We generally consider our fastest time to be 9m 02s. The 7m orb time was put in strictly to prevent [snip] from claiming that their exploited time was the fastest, nothing more.

As always, everything is open to interpretation. Our guild's stance is to consider ranging the fire atronachs an exploit. You may choose not to adopt that perspective, that is your choice.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:05PM
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

We generally consider our fastest time to be 9m 02s. The 7m orb time was put in strictly to prevent [snip] from claiming that their exploited time was the fastest, nothing more.

As always, everything is open to interpretation. Our guild's stance is to consider ranging the fire atronachs an exploit. You may choose not to adopt that perspective, that is your choice.

OMG ... use a broken mechanics to get the best time and to prevent other guilds to get a better time. That's exploiting ... on purpose.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:06PM
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what is the mechanic with the 9th round? The video kind of got me lost.
    - Mojican
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheMast3r wrote: »

OMG ... use a broken mechanics to get the best time and to prevent other guilds to get a better time. That's exploiting ... on purpose.

I'm positive English isn't your first language, but still if you can't understand the post why would you reply to it in such a way?

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:06PM
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Tripwyr‌. Not saying I agree/disagree, just trying to understand your position.

• Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty damn awesome guys!
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is the exact opposite of what we did. [snip] exploited to put in a time, so we used the same exploit (even playing ground) to put in a better time.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:07PM

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Neollama_ESO
    Neollama_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Well give us all triple ultimate generation and see if we can beat 9:02

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:07PM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well give us all triple ultimate generation and see if we can beat 9:02

Our DPS today is MUCH higher than our DPS back then. Yes, the ultimate generation was awesome for DPS, but we didn't know back then what we know now. We're all much better DPSers now.

You're welcome to beat 9:02 today, all classes have received significant buffs since we posted that time months ago.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:08PM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Time is not really impressive and before ulti nerf just a normal time. Was beaten several times on EU Server after ulti nerf and before buffs. Anyway that's the right attitude, go and exploit like hell to beat another guild on the leaderboard.

Talking bad about us ... we didn't exploit we wont do it on purpose like u guys do in a lot of situations pvp, leaderboard times etc.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time is not really impressive and before ulti nerf just a normal time. Was beaten several times on EU Server after ulti nerf and before buffs. Anyway that's the right attitude, go and exploit like hell to beat another guild on the leaderboard.

Talking bad about us ... we didn't exploit we wont do it on purpose like u guys do in a lot of situations pvp, leaderboard times etc.

So, just how long are you going to be mad you got caught exploiting?
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Im not mad and I was never mad ... because its no exploit!!!! And don't forget we have nothing to hide we published our videos ... what is about you?
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You exploited Stage 10 to try to beat us to World First, how is that different exactly?

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• rashkosh127ub17_ESO

That is the exact opposite of what we did. [snip] exploited to put in a time, so we used the same exploit (even playing ground) to put in a better time.

Wasn't [snip].

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:09PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im not mad and I was never mad ... because its no exploit!!!! And don't forget we have nothing to hide we published our videos ... what is about you?

We healed through the fire damage and killed 4 atronachs every time. We killed all of the bosses... blocked steel tornado... and I guess we dpsed him and healed some more? What is it you want to know exactly.
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

You exploited Stage 10 to try to beat us to World First, how is that different exactly?

First of all we didn't know that u beat him because we where already in stage 9 that time. Second we didn't exploited anything on purpose. As i told u many times now the way how we killed the boss was seen many times from the devs even live. So I guess they would say smth if it was a exploit.

@Manoekin‌

just make a video its not a big deal. If u did it on that way fine. Its definitely the other way to kill. If that strategy is easier is just a question of your point of view. Even im not sure if this is the way the boss should be done. I don't think that the devs made a boss where stacking and ultimate spamming is the way to do it.

I respect your kill and I respect your afford to clear it.

The problem is that you are not respecting our kill. You are blaming us that we exploited.

Anyway im tired of this discussion because its not the way guilds should act against each other ...

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyway im tired of this discussion because its not the way guilds should act against each other ...

Then stop responding, kill the boss legit, and stop denigrating us for getting World First.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Then stop responding, kill the boss legit, and stop denigrating us for getting World First.

You cant stop kid or???? OK

We killed it legit we even posted how we did. As long u didn't show me a vid I ignore your kill because the boss can be bugged out. So prove that you killed the boss legit instead of exploiting and bugging him which u did obviously and proven in a lot of situations pvp aa leaderboard etc....

And you don't have the world first you have WORLD FIRST NA but not proven!!!! At least that is sorted out by zos so far ...

and you love wow ... than u know: no video no world first ...

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

First of all we didn't know that u beat him because we where already in stage 9 that time. Second we didn't exploited anything on purpose. As i told u many times now the way how we killed the boss was seen many times from the devs even live. So I guess they would say smth if it was a exploit.

@Manoekin‌

just make a video its not a big deal. If u did it on that way fine. Its definitely the other way to kill. If that strategy is easier is just a question of your point of view. Even im not sure if this is the way the boss should be done. I don't think that the devs made a boss where stacking and ultimate spamming is the way to do it.

I respect your kill and I respect your afford to clear it.

The problem is that you are not respecting our kill. You are blaming us that we exploited.

We either can't or don't want to risk streaming/recording. I think we're mostly college guys playing on toasters or something a step above.

As well we didn't stack except to kill the atro's... That and the 50% boss mechanic were the only times we were ever stacked during the fight. So maybe 4 or 5 seconds at a time at most.

I don't even know what you mean by bugging out the boss. Didn't even know it was possible. You're just assuming things that aren't true.
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We killed it legit we even posted how we did.

Calling your strategy legit does not make it legit, as we and several other guilds have made clear for you. Feel free to falsely accuse us of exploiting, but you posted video proof that you did.
    and you love wow ... than u know: no video no world first ...

Not sure where you pulled this from, but this is false.
    Edited by Tripwyr on September 28, 2014 1:53AM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

Calling your strategy legit does not make it legit, as we and several other guilds have made clear for you. Feel free to falsely accuse us of exploiting, but you posted video proof that you did.

Which other guilds exactly which are worth to mention them? You call it that's all ....

You exploited to get first on the leaderboards on purpose ... you don't show a vid how you kill the boss so I guess you are the only ones who exploited.

And of course you also like falsely accuse players, like in this thread you where saying that [snip] exploited which they didn't do. But keep on going!!!!

No vid no world first na!!!

And I don't respect a guild which is exploiting on purpose with a broken ability to beat a other guild on the leaderboards with the excuse: they did it also. and name calling a wrong guild on the official forum.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:10PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Which other guilds exactly which are worth to mention them? You call it that's all ....

You exploited to get first on the leaderboards on purpose ... you don't show a vid how you kill the boss so I guess you are the only ones who exploited.

And of course you also like falsely accuse players, like in this thread you where saying that [snip] exploited which they didn't do. But keep on going!!!!

No vid no world first na!!!

And I don't respect a guild which is exploiting on purpose with a broken ability to beat a other guild on the leaderboards with the excuse: they did it also. and name calling a wrong guild on the official forum.

Are you somehow trying to say exploiting to beat an exploited time is some god awful sin compared to exploiting trying to get world first? At that point nothing we did mattered and it didn't affect a single person negatively. What do you need a video for? Our time is there. We didn't even know the fire could be ranged, or if anyone in our group did it was never mentioned as even a possibility.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:11PM
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I've gathered from this so far:

[snip] is UBER butthurt that someone beat him, and true to form, he demonstrates some AMAZING hypocrisy by claiming that [snip] kill is somehow "invalid" because of an "exploit". Please grow up and stop projecting your own insecurities about exploiting onto other people.

Everyone in ESO knows [snip] are exploiters, and anyone with half a brain can see that you're super jelly you didn't exploit first. You've said yourself you have no problem knowingly taking advantage of exploiting to get the upper hand. The only issue here is that you didn't do it first.

[snip] deserves some props for their video evidence of a completion, and [snip] attempted to completely derail this thread and make it all about them, like some spoiled brat. This thread is not about you and [snip] and some inter guild beef, it is about [snip] showing other people their strategy and being TRANSPARENT.

Furthermore, the tactic used by [snip] in this final fight is NOT an exploit. All spells have ranges, all mobs have line of sight mechanics. Claiming that ranging the atronochs is "cheesy" may be true, but it is no less cheesy than ranging another player from the wall of a keep in PvP. It is a valid and widely used game mechanic, as is stacking in an AoE heal. If stacking in healing springs were unintended, healing springs wouldn't be an AoE abity.

Leaving their tank 1v1 the boss is riskier and requires MUCH more skill than stacking and spamming breath of life to heal through fire. Any healer can press "2" over and over, but let's see alacrity's tank solo that boss.

Even IF [snip] kill were not a world first, I have MUCH more respect for them than [snip], simply because they were not afraid to share their strategy. And world first or not, they got to round 10 with 86 rezzes. I doubt anyone else can claim as much.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:16PM
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still butthurt it seems. As Master said, the devs knew about this in PTS back when [snip] beat the boss when it was harder than it is now. They increased the range, they haven't taken down the videos nor said it was an exploit yet they have moderated this post several times.

As far as I can see and tell, [snip] admitted to bug exploiting to get a 7min AA run, isn't that a banable offense? As for [snip], they have been open about what they do and if ZOS thought it's exploiting they need no further proof to ban them which has not happened.

So to conclude:
    -[snip] exploited AA with orbs and admitted to it with some bs excuse "we wanted to beat X guild". They criticize how [snip] beat Arena HM without posting any proof that they beat the boss without exploiting, blaming the lack of video on their computers (lol).
    - [snip] got first kill ever in Arena Hard Mode on PTS on a last boss which was harder than it currently is, they posted a strategy that was known by ZOS before the content went live (and they fixed a lot of other bugs in Arena that where reported). I seem to also recall a dev or content designer (can't recall) in [snip] ts claiming that it was entertaining to see how [snip] cleared the last boss of Arena since it's not the strategy they had planed the players would use while making the content.

Haters gotta hate :).

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:17PM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still beating the dead horse I see. Just let players decide for themselves who to respect and not, or who they think got world first. Gratz Alacrity on world first. Gratz HODOR on world second. And so on. Say your congrats to whoever you think deserves it and [snip] about the rest, because guess what.. nobody cares what your opinion is, we all have our own.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:19PM
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man im glad im not part of the hardcore elitist guilds anymore. Thanks for posting the videos.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyBrow wrote: »
    What I've gathered from this so far:

[snip] is UBER butthurt that someone beat him, and true to form, he demonstrates some AMAZING hypocrisy by claiming that [snip] kill is somehow "invalid" because of an "exploit". Please grow up and stop projecting your own insecurities about exploiting onto other people.

Beat us is misleading since they actually got the kill 25 minutes after us.
    Everyone in ESO knows [snip] are exploiters, and anyone with half a brain can see that you're super jelly you didn't exploit first. You've said yourself you have no problem knowingly taking advantage of exploiting to get the upper hand. The only issue here is that you didn't do it first.

You're 100% right we didn't do it first, as is always the case. We are aware of most exploits in the game, but we do not use them until somebody else uses them against us, and we only use them to even the playing field.

In PvP, we can just avoid exploiters. In PvE, there is a leaderboard and we can't simply go somewhere else. If somebody posts a time faster than our legitimate time by using an exploit (which we confirmed), we will follow it up with a time of our own.
    [snip] deserves some props for their video evidence of a completion, and [snip] attempted to completely derail this thread and make it all about them, like some spoiled brat. This thread is not about you and [snip] and some inter guild beef, it is about [snip] showing other people their strategy and being TRANSPARENT.

Actually what happened is that [snip] came to our thread, denigrated our success, and made our thread about them. Welcome to [snip].
    Furthermore, the tactic used by [snip] in this final fight is NOT an exploit. All spells have ranges, all mobs have line of sight mechanics. Claiming that ranging the atronochs is "cheesy" may be true, but it is no less cheesy than ranging another player from the wall of a keep in PvP. It is a valid and widely used game mechanic, as is stacking in an AoE heal. If stacking in healing springs were unintended, healing springs wouldn't be an AoE abity.

You're welcome to draw your own conclusions, as anybody else is. We've chosen to regard this tactic as an exploit, as have other posters in this thread. We will not be using it, but whether you do is your choice.
    Leaving their tank 1v1 the boss is riskier and requires MUCH more skill than stacking and spamming breath of life to heal through fire. Any healer can press "2" over and over, but let's see [snip] tank solo that boss.

Any tank can press "5" (my heal key) over and over to heal through ~500 DPS of fire damage for 10 seconds. I'd be more than happy to solo that mechanic if you like.
    Even IF [snip] kill were not a world first, I have MUCH more respect for them than [snip], simply because they were not afraid to share their strategy. And world first or not, they got to round 10 with 86 rezzes. I doubt anyone else can claim as much.

We will be more than happy to share our strategy when one of us has the hardware to record. If you look at our kill thread, you'll notice that my graphics are already set to Low. [snip] is a good guild, and they killed the boss 25 minutes after we did. I have plenty of respect for that since no other guilds cleared it for almost a week after. However they chose to come into our thread and belittle our success for their own benefit.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on September 29, 2014 4:22PM

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer