The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Where is the Ice Wraith Pet?

• Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, like any other normal human being with empathy, I would understand that, oh, they were maybe busy, or had something come up. And really? An insulting joke? They turned around everyone's negative feedback in a light hearted way that still made themselves the butt of the joke and you're insulted? They admitted their mistake and were able to laugh at themselves about it. I happen to like their response. Even if we most likely not getting the pet until October or so. But I'm not too worried about this particular pet anyway.
    You right that humor is form from negative ideas but you also seem to forget that if you perform humor from an incident that is too soon. People take it the wrong way plus plenty of people found this little humor not light hearted at all. It was annoying and was not making light of the situation it just annoyed people more.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit post

I actually don't care

It will just take up space
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on September 29, 2014 5:46AM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, what the hell, guys?

The game was released before it was really ready. Every single update has gone out before it was really ready.

I'm actually gratified by the delay. It's nice to see them take the time on something.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Is there a pet limit or can I take 100 pets into battle in 5 years time ?
    Curious ?
    PVP would be epic :/

OK Noah. PvP would not be epic with menagerie trailing every player. Good grief can you imagine pets everywhere. Not just "NO" but "Hell NO."

Epic....Pfft. No I don't thing so.

Someone asked about cats and dogs. Zeni said they are going to release a dog pet but it's only going to be one and a single color....pathetic.

those trophy pets get unsummoned in cyrodiil actually. They were revealing stealthed players' locations.

Tehee... Their own fault for not dismissing theirs pets. A feature I did not mind, as a pet user and stealther myself. If I died because of the pet, well, it was my own forgetfulness.
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    KingRebz wrote: »
    yall are too harsh on the moderator man chill..although this is ridiculous just be a little more patient...what is update 4 not enough for everyone now that a pet makes it all better?

It's not about the pet, it's about yet another broken promise and, worse still, a promise that really shouldn't be all that hard to keep.

Broken promise shall we talk about borken promise in world off mmo i just have to say 1 word BLIZZCON.

Blizzard is best company to promise thing at blizzcon that the are go to add in there next expansion and when that expansion is come many thing that is promise is not add to the game at all and when you post and ask about in there forum if you are lucky the wont answer at all but if you are unlucky the will delete your post.

And you upset about a borken promise about pet you do know that 2 day left on this month and we have downtime today and tomorrow so we can still get our pet in time. Beside i don't care much about pet i'm just glad that ZoS recognize that the have loyal customer for the are those mmo company that don't gave a rat ass about there loyal customer.

seriously, ZOS doesn't give a rat's ass about ANY of their customers.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yall are too harsh on the moderator man chill..although this is ridiculous just be a little more patient...what is update 4 not enough for everyone now that a pet makes it all better?

It's not about the pet, it's about yet another broken promise and, worse still, a promise that really shouldn't be all that hard to keep.

Broken promise shall we talk about borken promise in world off mmo i just have to say 1 word BLIZZCON.

Blizzard is best company to promise thing at blizzcon that the are go to add in there next expansion and when that expansion is come many thing that is promise is not add to the game at all and when you post and ask about in there forum if you are lucky the wont answer at all but if you are unlucky the will delete your post.

And you upset about a borken promise about pet you do know that 2 day left on this month and we have downtime today and tomorrow so we can still get our pet in time. Beside i don't care much about pet i'm just glad that ZoS recognize that the have loyal customer for the are those mmo company that don't gave a rat ass about there loyal customer.

ZOS listens more to their player base than any other MMO developer in all the MMO games I've played (and yes, there have been several: GW1 &2, WoW, Tera, Rift, Aion, TSW, EverQuest 2, FF ARR, and possibly one other I can't think of because I deleted it from my PC).
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • d.crosgrove_ESO
    d.crosgrove_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Another useless item that takes up bank or inventory space :) .

Agreed.
  • C4rt3r_H4ll
    C4rt3r_H4ll
    ✭✭
    I haven't got mine in the mail yet, and wondered if any of you had maybe got it? I would have thought that we would have got this with update 4, however I would like some confirmation from ZOS as to when we can expect this.
    We'll be sending out the High Hrothgar Wraith pets next week.

Perhaps the pet is being added into the game with the update this Monday? Why is there not a system in the bank to store items for in game use, and a different one for Individual trophies....like a trophies collection
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't got mine in the mail yet, and wondered if any of you had maybe got it? I would have thought that we would have got this with update 4, however I would like some confirmation from ZOS as to when we can expect this.

Perhaps the pet is being added into the game with the update this Monday?

No

• Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Please, please, please, I begging you, no more discussions about pets :D
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the delay is from them figuring out how to let us store Trophies and other non productive things that we want to keep without taking up bag space.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FearlessAce
    FearlessAce
    ✭✭✭
    *looks at calendar. looks at in-game mail*
    2.5 business days left in September.
    *double-checks calendar* Sweet, we still have time!
    Sorry, guys. We weren’t able to deliver the ice wraith pets this week as we’d told you we would earlier in this thread. We’ll update everyone as soon as we know when you can expect them.

What about thiiiiiiis week? *glances at calendar, noting another full day left in September, smiling hopefully*
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like this deadline has passed or has anyone gotten one yet?
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the ice wraith wasn't completely domesticated yet. I sure wouldn't want it attacking me as those things drive me nuts in game (along with anything else that flies).
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    still didn't get one
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been sub from day 1 and.. I dont give a damn where that bloody ice wraith is.

It is abother "Cool" pet i dont never want to se on live, thank.

Real things that fit TES like cats, dogs and such are other case, they are welcome.

Mudcrab and Scuttler have been sitting in bank, gathering dust from day 1, they dont fit any of my characters or just feek odd, monkey has been in great use with my Bosmer tho, that monkey is example of "Good and reasonable" pet.

WOW is another thing, i feel these magical pets fit WOW very well but im just curious how did that one get lost from Azeroth and stumbled here...

PS: I know Ice wraith exist in Skyrim, no need to point that out. I am just saying that kinbd of pet just dont fit TES as a pet.
    Edited by Tapio75 on September 30, 2014 1:09AM
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Hopefully the delay is from them figuring out how to let us store Trophies and other non productive things that we want to keep without taking up bag space.
    If that is true, then why didn't they just say it? That is the lack of communication people have been complaining about the whole time.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Been sub from day 1 and.. I dont give a damn where that bloody ice wraith is.

It is abother "Cool" pet i dont never want to se on live, thank.

Real things that fit TES like cats, dogs and such are other case, they are welcome.

Mudcrab and Scuttler have been sitting in bank, gathering dust from day 1, they dont fit any of my characters or just feek odd, monkey has been in great use with my Bosmer tho, that monkey is example of "Good and reasonable" pet.

WOW is another thing, i feel these magical pets fit WOW very well but im just curious how did that one get lost from Azeroth and stumbled here...

PS: I know Ice wraith exist in Skyrim, no need to point that out. I am just saying that kinbd of pet just dont fit TES as a pet.
    So you don't like it because it doesn't fit any of your characters. Fair enough but that doesn't make it a bad TES pet. The ice wraith pet will fit with my ice mage quite nicely.

Oh, and that monkey has some serious hygiene issues.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭

Well that not true the listen more to us then any other mmo company and the even have fix all bug i send in since i start play early access and you sit there say the don't listen that is just BS from you for all idea people have wrote on blizzard forum the have not even care to answer but here ZoS do answer if the are serious queston ask.

Hell even ZoS custom support team is help out fast that most other mmo game out i ask a question in SWTOR forum on there custom support page and i have still not got answer from them and that was like 5 month ago while it took ZoS 2 day help my gf here forum account to work.

SO don't sit here and tell me the ZoS don't gave rat ass about us for the do.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • staxjax
    staxjax
    ✭✭✭

The clock is ticking...

• ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    staxjax wrote: »

The clock is ticking...

She said that 2 weeks ago. The clock has already rolled over lol.
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on September 30, 2014 5:48AM
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭

Well that not true the listen more to us then any other mmo company and the even have fix all bug i send in since i start play early access and you sit there say the don't listen that is just BS from you for all idea people have wrote on blizzard forum the have not even care to answer but here ZoS do answer if the are serious queston ask.

Hell even ZoS custom support team is help out fast that most other mmo game out i ask a question in SWTOR forum on there custom support page and i have still not got answer from them and that was like 5 month ago while it took ZoS 2 day help my gf here forum account to work.

SO don't sit here and tell me the ZoS don't gave rat ass about us for the do.

LOL You are obv playing a different game then the rest of us or this is your first MMO.

• staxjax
    staxjax
    ✭✭✭

The clock is ticking...

Before this uninformed forum CSR made that statement, the original deadline was 'in September'...
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The clock is ticking...

Before this uninformed forum CSR made that statement, the original deadline was 'in September'...

I know. and I expected it to be the 30th but uninformed or not you don't tell your customers something like that if it's not guaranteed. In fact they shouldn't have said anything until it was ready to roll out but thats just my opinion.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The clock is ticking...

"uninformed" ... yeah right :P.

Just face it mate , the mod was told to say that and it wasnt the mod for sure the one at fault when they didnt deliver , this isnt their job lols.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • staxjax
    staxjax
    ✭✭✭

The clock is ticking...

I know. and I expected it to be the 30th but uninformed or not you don't tell your customers something like that if it's not guaranteed. In fact they shouldn't have said anything until it was ready to roll out but thats just my opinion.

I concur, but now the clock is really ticking. Gonna lose so many subs if they don't deliver...
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lazrael wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »
    Lazrael wrote: »
    *looks at calendar. looks at in-game mail*
    2.5 business days left in September.
    *double-checks calendar* Sweet, we still have time!
    Sorry, guys. We weren’t able to deliver the ice wraith pets this week as we’d told you we would earlier in this thread. We’ll update everyone as soon as we know when you can expect them.

Sorry for being blunt, but this is pathetic.

So is demanding a vanity pet that contributes nothing to the game except showing off/bragging rights/the ability to annoy other players in banks and crafting stations.

Personally I would be fine with the mods/managers never posting unless they are posting an official announcement or banning people. Divines forbid they post like actual people who might have a sense of humor. It is apparent that many others don't.

I think you're missing the point as to why people are upset. It's not really about the pet.

You mean the "OMG THE DEVS LIED THEY MISSED THE TENTATIVE NOT SET IN STONE RELEASE DATE"? No, I didn't miss it. This is why they don't want to say *anything* until they are absolutely sure they will make whatever date they give out. September isn't a single set date. They seem to have taken notes from Bethesda on this. Until there is a definite date, there isn't a definite date.

Neither did I miss the people who take every statement from mods/reps as direct insults to their dignity/sense of self-importance/personal world view. Nothing any of them ever post will be satisfactory to some people, whether they keep their posts completely factual, or whether they post with humor.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I want them to do it right. I want the right people sent the pets. I want no valid player missed. I don't want the pet to be sent to anyone who should not get it. I want the pet actually attached to the email. I want the pet to appear in-game when I tell it to, and go away when I tell it to. I want the pet to have the proper textures, animation, collision, and audio. I want them to take all the time they need, and then take a week more to make sure.

I don't want to see a note from the CMs saying that they made a mistake somewhere and that it will be hotfixed or fixed in the next patch or that we will get another mail from them.

Hurrying the pet out to make a deadline, definite or not, will not do anyone any good if they don't do it right.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beside i don't care much about pet i'm just glad that ZoS recognize that the have loyal customer for the are those mmo company that don't gave a rat ass about there loyal customer.

Okay, but...

NO! Stop giving them ideas! I do NOT want to receive a rat's ass as our next monthly sub pet, please.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

NO! Stop giving them ideas! I do NOT want to receive a rat's ass as our next monthly sub pet, please.

It would go well with the Molasses (it's a reference to a hireling mail).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule