The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where is the Ice Wraith Pet?

• Arthur_Spoonfondle
    Arthur_Spoonfondle
    ✭✭✭✭
    *looks at calendar. looks at in-game mail*
    2.5 business days left in September.
    *double-checks calendar* Sweet, we still have time!
    Sorry, guys. We weren’t able to deliver the ice wraith pets this week as we’d told you we would earlier in this thread. We’ll update everyone as soon as we know when you can expect them.
    @ZOS_AmeliaR,
    Bit disappointed that it seems near impossible to send out a pet, is there a reason why it didn't get sent out this week? I mean, the silence is kinda unresting and suspicious, very negative all in all.
    Hi, guys. We're aware of this issue and actively investigating the cause behind it. Sorry about all the inconvenience and disappointment but please bear with us. We'll keep you updated as much as possible.

Doesn't this sound like typical ZOS response? Probably 90% of the staff comments on the forum are pretty much like this kind of nonsense. Why don't you get rid of the CS people and community managers acting like clowns (maybe keep Gina and Jessica for the ESO live episode) and hire some more real competent developers because I can do this kind of communication work for you FREE. How does that sound :wink:

Acting like clowns? They are delivering the messages they are told to deliver. Christ, give them a break. If you are gonna hate on anyone, keep it to the developers.

Hating anyone, because a bit of pointless fluff is delayed, is extremely stupid.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, guys. We weren’t able to deliver the ice wraith pets this week as we’d told you we would earlier in this thread. We’ll update everyone as soon as we know when you can expect them.
    @ZOS_AmeliaR,
    Bit disappointed that it seems near impossible to send out a pet, is there a reason why it didn't get sent out this week? I mean, the silence is kinda unresting and suspicious, very negative all in all.
    Hi, guys. We're aware of this issue and actively investigating the cause behind it. Sorry about all the inconvenience and disappointment but please bear with us. We'll keep you updated as much as possible.

Doesn't this sound like typical ZOS response? Probably 90% of the staff comments on the forum are pretty much like this kind of nonsense. Why don't you get rid of the CS people and community managers acting like clowns (maybe keep Gina and Jessica for the ESO live episode) and hire some more real competent developers because I can do this kind of communication work for you FREE. How does that sound :wink:

Acting like clowns? They are delivering the messages they are told to deliver. Christ, give them a break. If you are gonna hate on anyone, keep it to the developers.

Hating anyone, because a bit of pointless fluff is delayed, is extremely stupid.

Yes, I agree.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AmeliaR,

I agree , probably the forum adms and the support guys are the only people who even work during most of the week at the zen office.

The rest clearly is playing other games and relaxing lols. Oh i forgot and checking reddit while they ignore these forums :P.
    @ZOS_AmeliaR,

Yes , the word hate is strong , but you surely can ridicularize them since they are incompetent and cant even deliver a single pet in time lols.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭

Sorry for being blunt, but this is pathetic.
    Artists and Theives...
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AmeliaR,

If they can't even make a bit of pointless fluff right, I doubt they can make the game back on track.

I apologize if the clown word offended any fellow player or ZOS employee but it is the "*double-checks calendar* Sweet, we still have time!", did not give it a damn attitude that pissed me off.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got mine in the mail yet, and wondered if any of you had maybe got it? I would have thought that we would have got this with update 4, however I would like some confirmation from ZOS as to when we can expect this.

Join the line mate, we're all still waiting. The phrase 'empty promises' comes to mind...lol (along with the theme tune to 'Shaft')

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Its not even about the pet for me. Its just another example of ZOS being payed for a game monthly, saying they are going to do something, and not delivering, then thinking that's okay. I'm sick of it.
    Artists and Theives...
  • Paparoski
    Paparoski
    ✭✭
    27th... still no pet....
    "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." – Eddard Stark
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    KingRebz wrote: »
    ?
    I just really wanted the loyalty pet because it would make me feel better from all the inconsistent problems I had since I started playing this game. Is that too hard to ask for one thing that would work on time. I love the game but ever time I find something good about it. It gets broken in each update or never gets fixed.

Just flipping through the forum and saw this, and I really do have to agree/sympathize. It would have been nice to just feel like one thing would be delivered on time, and also make me feel appreciated as a customer. It would have spoken well of ZOS, that they are capable of delivering on their word, and one would think this would have been a relatively easy way to do it.
    Edited by Lazrael on September 27, 2014 9:23PM
    Artists and Theives...
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    yall are too harsh on the moderator man chill..although this is ridiculous just be a little more patient...what is update 4 not enough for everyone now that a pet makes it all better?

It's not about the pet, it's about yet another broken promise and, worse still, a promise that really shouldn't be all that hard to keep.

I agree but dont fight fire with more fire..
    V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really going to matter if we get a vanity pet a few days late? It's pretty obvious those upset are using this thread to vent other frustrations with the game and Zos. Not that those frustrations aren't valid but c'mon. It's just a vanity pet and the month isn't even over yet.
  • SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    yall are too harsh on the moderator man chill..although this is ridiculous just be a little more patient...what is update 4 not enough for everyone now that a pet makes it all better?

It's not about the pet, it's about yet another broken promise and, worse still, a promise that really shouldn't be all that hard to keep.

I agree but dont fight fire with more fire..

My comment was aimed at the latter part of your's, rather than the part about being harsh to moderators.
    Evergnar wrote: »
    Is it really going to matter if we get a vanity pet a few days late? It's pretty obvious those upset are using this thread to vent other frustrations with the game and Zos. Not that those frustrations aren't valid but c'mon. It's just a vanity pet and the month isn't even over yet.

It matters in the sense that this shouldn't have happened. As I said before, this is a promise that really shouldn't be all that hard to keep.

Let's be clear, this indicates to a wider issue with ZOS and the management of it.

Whilst the month isn't quite over yet a representative of ZOS did say on the 19th that these would be going out the following week, presumably relaying this from higher up in the company.

Vanity pets are already in the game. Ice Wraiths are already in the game. Now, I'm not saying there wouldn't be some additional work involved in turning the existing Ice Wraith model and its animations into a pet but I find it hard to imagine it would be sufficient work to cause a delay like this.

Yet ZOS management had no issue telling us, via a member of the community team, that we'd have them within the week when, evidently, it wasn't ready despite them planning this since August.

The wider issue here is that ZOS and this game are being woefully mismanaged and how can we expect them to address the larger issues with this game if they can't even handle something as simple as this?
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone's ice pet melted. Go on home folks, nothing to see here.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see what bug this pet will involve. Anyone up for a guessing game.

I will say it will arrive with a bug that involves it clipping everything around it. So if you stand in the right place, you will look like you have an alien chest buster coming out of you.
  • goldendon
    goldendon
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see what bug this pet will involve. Anyone up for a guessing game.

I will say it will arrive with a bug that involves it clipping everything around it. So if you stand in the right place, you will look like you have an alien chest buster coming out of you.

i even think about the same kind of bug like whe had with the monkey on the wayshrines only this time you get stuck in the air and maybe enven a fall to dead
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    They wouldn't release it with collision that would be dumb...wait a minute, would they!
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we will get it tomorrow after the maintenance.

Tomorrow is still September.

I think if ZOS had just said they were giving the pet out at the end of the month it would have been better. That way if they sent it out early, people would be happy. And if they had to wait until the end of the month anyway, people would still be happy.
    Edited by Tabbycat on September 28, 2014 5:15PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to complain people. There's still Monday and Tuesday left in the month and even if it's delayed further, WHO THE HECK CARES? We'll get it, everyone just chillax!!! :grinning:
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to complain people. There's still Monday and Tuesday left in the month and even if it's delayed further, WHO THE HECK CARES? We'll get it, everyone just chillax!!! :grinning:

I guess you do not understand why people are complaining, do you. There are plenty of people who care.How would you feel if somebody says they give you something in the next week just to find out that you are not getting it by the ending of the week and then they make a joke in a insulting way just to tell us we are not getting it now. They could at least told us in the beginning of the week that we would not get it but instead they wait to Friday.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on September 29, 2014 5:04AM
  • Wodwo
    Wodwo
    ✭✭✭
    Wow- didn't really expect this thread to be this popular... What I can't understand is why it has taken them so long to push it out. So they can add a whole new zone easy peasy and on time, but a simple vanity pet? HELL NO. Can we get some ACTUAL explanation from ZOS as to why it has taken so long (and not just some rubbish about checking calendars)?
  • Plushielord
    Well, like any other normal human being with empathy, I would understand that, oh, they were maybe busy, or had something come up. And really? An insulting joke? They turned around everyone's negative feedback in a light hearted way that still made themselves the butt of the joke and you're insulted? They admitted their mistake and were able to laugh at themselves about it. I happen to like their response. Even if we most likely not getting the pet until October or so. But I'm not too worried about this particular pet anyway.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesnt matter because they are already late , they said it would be last week , which they failed to deliver. Yeap , they cant even deliver a pet in time lols :P , just zen things.

With that said it will probably be tomorrow based on what the mod said.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AmeliaR,

Gee. It wouldn't be because people will take any remark, whether official or not, as written in stone and start ranting about lies and lawsuits for breech of contract or whatever, would it?

"We'll keep you updated as much as possible" keeps the "OMG IT IS NOW 12:00:01 THE DEVS LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" to a minimum.

You are still throwing too much detail into things; 90%? You can't be that specific unless you're prepared to have people question where you got the numbers. The Community Managers acting like clowns, too. Unless there was some kind of widely known incident, most people will ignore that as hyperbole or gross exaggeration and discount everything else you post. The "clowns" so far are doing much better than you, imo. I'm sure others will have a different opinion.

I have no issue about the pet. I'm one of the people who are planning to either never take it out of the mail, or delete it. I don't want to waste the space in my inventory or bank.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lazrael wrote: »

So is demanding a vanity pet that contributes nothing to the game except showing off/bragging rights/the ability to annoy other players in banks and crafting stations.

Personally I would be fine with the mods/managers never posting unless they are posting an official announcement or banning people. Divines forbid they post like actual people who might have a sense of humor. It is apparent that many others don't.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    December 31rst, 2014

"Sorry, guys. We weren’t able to deliver the Imperial City this year as we’d told you we would earlier. We’ll update everyone as soon as we know when you can expect it."

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    December 31rst, 2014

"Sorry, guys. We weren’t able to deliver the Imperial City this year as we’d told you we would earlier. We’ll update everyone as soon as we know when you can expect it."

no that comment was already corrected. There will be no christmas this year for us poor pvp peasants.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

So is demanding a vanity pet that contributes nothing to the game except showing off/bragging rights/the ability to annoy other players in banks and crafting stations.

Personally I would be fine with the mods/managers never posting unless they are posting an official announcement or banning people. Divines forbid they post like actual people who might have a sense of humor. It is apparent that many others don't.

I think you're missing the point as to why people are upset. It's not really about the pet.
    Artists and Theives...
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I melted them all! Muahahahaha >:)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you're missing the point as to why people are upset. It's not really about the pet.

Don't waste your time trying to reason with a fanboy, it is always futile.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭

Broken promise shall we talk about borken promise in world off mmo i just have to say 1 word BLIZZCON.

Blizzard is best company to promise thing at blizzcon that the are go to add in there next expansion and when that expansion is come many thing that is promise is not add to the game at all and when you post and ask about in there forum if you are lucky the wont answer at all but if you are unlucky the will delete your post.

And you upset about a borken promise about pet you do know that 2 day left on this month and we have downtime today and tomorrow so we can still get our pet in time. Beside i don't care much about pet i'm just glad that ZoS recognize that the have loyal customer for the are those mmo company that don't gave a rat ass about there loyal customer.

Edited by Wolfshead on September 29, 2014 5:12AM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity