Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Night's Silence broken after patch?

• Janduin
    Janduin
    ✭✭
    Assuming the unprecedented and illogical nerf to a specific set bonus stacking with Vamp passive holds...

Does the Vamp passive + Concealed weapon make you at least the fastest speed in stealth? Faster than a non-vamp with set? IMO vampire SHOULD be able to achieve the fastest speeds as they are supernatural and suffer many balancing limitations.

I have not purchased the passive on my Vamp NB yet and wondering if it is worth it.

If someone has or can breakdown the numbers... ZOS info is lacking.

EDIT: MY Night's Silence is also broken, along with Concealed Weapons. No increase in stealth speed from either.
    Edited by Janduin on September 17, 2014 12:42AM
    Janzgrimr - V4 DK -Ebonheart Pact
    Janzig - V4 NB -Ebonheart Pact
    Abdul al-Hazred - LvL 40 Sorceror - Ebonheart Pact
    Jandero - LvL 46 Sorceror - Aldmeri Dominion
    Jagurtha -LvL38 DK - Daggerfall Covenent
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Janduin wrote: »
    Assuming the unprecedented and illogical nerf to a specific set bonus stacking with Vamp passive holds...

Does the Vamp passive + Concealed weapon make you at least the fastest speed in stealth? Faster than a non-vamp with set? IMO vampire SHOULD be able to achieve the fastest speeds as they are supernatural and suffer many balancing limitations.

When Night's Silence is fixed the following will all have the same speed:
    Vampire + Concealed Weapon
    Night's Silence + Concealed Weapon
    Shadow Dancer's Raiment + Concealed Weapon
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Canapaio
    Canapaio
    Soul Shriven
    I think if you continue at this pace, there is no one to play eso, not even free to play, not even if they pay us
  • Canapaio
    Canapaio
    Soul Shriven
    BANKRUPTCY
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report, @GhostwalkerLD. We've passed this along.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

yea everyone else on top of none of the other effects working.

Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report, @GhostwalkerLD. We've passed this along.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, concealed weapon NB skill not giving the 25% speed increase, and I am not a vamp, nor wearing gear.
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, we looked into this earlier and Night's Silence is not currently working properly. We're working on a fix, and will let you know when we plan to roll it out.

In general, how long does this take. My guess is that the fix is relatively minor, but will it have to wait until bundled into a lot of other fixes or is this something we can expect to see in the next day or so?

Personally, I was blissfully unaware of all the stacking issues as the NS set adjustment was sufficient for my NB needs. However, after a month of developing a certain timing for my NB's 2 sec invis based on agro radius + speed for crouch, I can tell you that this bug makes it extremely difficult to play at this point.

So, a lot of complaining from me wrapped around a creamy center of:
    1. When can we expect this fixed (this week??)
    2. What exactly will be fixed & how. For example you guys could try and tackle a stickier "what stacks" issue or you could just let everything stack but impose a 0 sneak penalty hard cap.

I don't expect to have much, read, "any," influence on #2 so if you can shed any light on #1 in the mean time that would be great.

Thanks!
    Edited by rwross on September 17, 2014 2:55PM
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭
    Is this the active thread for this issue or is there another one?
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rwross wrote: »
    Is this the active thread for this issue or is there another one?

I think this is the main thread for it. Although there are others.

and i would just like to say my non-vamp with nights silence is also buggy.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭
    Any feedback from Devs as to what they are planning to fix and when?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rwross wrote: »
    Any feedback from Devs as to what they are planning to fix and when?

Nope. Probably because they already know a lot of us are going to still be extremely ticked off when we find out what they are going to do. Or, more accurately, what they are NOT going to do.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is really funny is I saw a vamp racing along at pre 1.4.3 speeds. Great huh?
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you upset that night's silence was nerfed, or those who are still under the (mistaken) impression that it was OP, you are welcome to join this thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/132089/feedback-suggestion-not-a-petition-please-reinstate-nights-silence-dark-stalker-stacking?new=1
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking
  • rwross
    rwross
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Gina -- Any news on whether this is about to be fixed?
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Due to the age of this thread, and the fact it contains fairly outdated information, we have gone ahead and closed it down. If anyone would still like to discuss this topic, please feel free to create a new thread with current information to do so.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.