Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is keeping the majority happy more important than balance? A personal rant

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The people who cried about the willows set changes because they wanted 5% spell crit are just... simply... (Snip).

This was probably going to be one of the best sets in the game. But a blatant lack of knowledge from the community majority as a whole has gone and self nerfed it.
    Why ZOS gave in to making this change I will never know, if they actually knew how their game worked I don't think they would have.

And yes, this set change is a nerf to stam builds. I was exited for 1.3 to finally give stam builds some kind of sustainability (by utilizing the new regen soft caps) and this set was one of the best options.

I suppose that if there is enough support, they may add that set back as it's own unique set.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are we announcing new content to make magicka builds even more popular than they are already?

Restore Stamina spell.

Go wild.
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    The people who cried about the willows set changes because they wanted 5% spell crit are just... simply... (Snip).

This was probably going to be one of the best sets in the game. But a blatant lack of knowledge from the community majority as a whole has gone and self nerfed it.
    Why ZOS gave in to making this change I will never know, if they actually knew how their game worked I don't think they would have.

And yes, this set change is a nerf to stam builds. I was exited for 1.3 to finally give stam builds some kind of sustainability (by utilizing the new regen soft caps) and this set was one of the best options.

I suppose that if there is enough support, they may add that set back as it's own unique set.

I don't know why they didn't do this already.

Edit: Of course I mean that they make new sets that have what those people who were running the 3 pieces of twilight's and willow's only want and keep willow's regen focused and twilight's health/healing focused. They will be better sets for spell crit in 1.3.x anyway so you wer going to have to upgrade new sets anyway AND the differences between blue(easily obtainable quality for little to no gold if you are playing the game regularly) and yellow is not very significant.
    Edited by Brandoid on July 23, 2014 2:49AM
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come, especially for those few sets, they just didn't add entirely new sets that had the stat changes some were looking forward to, without taking from those who wanted to keep current gear.

We're not talking about new graphics or animations. At most, if you don't want to have crafting locations give multiple bonuses, you have to add a new crafting area.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    1 stamina/magicka/... is significant for people that tries to maximize.
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    If zenimax was worried about making the general gaming population happy, melee weapons would be viable.
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daethz wrote: »
    If zenimax was worried about making the general gaming population happy, melee weapons would be viable.

If that general population is willing to simply swap over to light armor and staves, or possibly even preferred to be magick users to begin with, then that would explain their current actions/inaction.

Hard to tell where a majority is from our viewpoints. Of course we hang out with people who are like us, and see things our way. And we tend to ignore or discount people who disagree with us, because this would make us wrong if they weren't wrong themselves.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.