Maintenance for the week of June 10:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 10

Which race would you like to see on TESO and Why?

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imga - Great Apes
    Aedra, Daedra, Chimer and Dwemer are not going to be available.

Aedra are rare, and unlike Daedra can Die.
    Daedra are bound to individual Daedric Princes, and thus not suitable for player races.
    Chimer turned into Dunmer, all of them.
    Dwemer are missing, they won't appear.

All the others are great ideas though.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on July 21, 2014 1:10PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand, playing an Auroran on a mission from Meridia would be cool, but a lot of the player dialogue would have to change towards the end of the storyline.
    Options
  • Logan9a
    Logan9a
    ✭✭✭
    Should have had another poll option:

"Don't care which race, would be happy with new races, new zones, new quests, new classes".
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit -A vulpine (fox-like)
    maomer would be acceptible, but im really surprised akaviri isnt in this list, that too would make decent sense to me to be playable. on aedra, arent dragons technically aedra? since they are spawns of akatosh (an aedra)

Tsaesci, Kamal and Tang Mo are Akaviri races. (Ka Po' Tun are the only Akaviri race which is missing from the list.)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deadra - Daedroth ( may call Demons but not entirely true)
    As long as we can keep them twilight free, and not a carbon copy of dark elves.
    Options
  • kherzaheb17_ESO
    kherzaheb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer - Deep-Elves
    Enodoc wrote: »
    maomer would be acceptible, but im really surprised akaviri isnt in this list, that too would make decent sense to me to be playable. on aedra, arent dragons technically aedra? since they are spawns of akatosh (an aedra)

Tsaesci, Kamal and Tang Mo are Akaviri races. (Ka Po' Tun are the only Akaviri race which is missing from the list.)

the reason i can't add them on list because poll limit is 10 :)
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to agree with many people here, no new playable races. But I'd like to see new playable classes, or at least expand the classes we already have.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Adding new races and classes would be great to see but a nightmare for ZOS to balance.
    Edited by RatsnevE on July 21, 2014 3:28PM
    Options
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above.

Since you'd either have to make one race available to all the factions or add 3 races at once to keep the balance.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the reason i can't add them on list because poll limit is 10 :)
    Ah really? I didn't know that :P
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Immortal_Wombat
    Tang Mo - Monkey people
    Dwemer are extinct, aedra and daedra would be OP, and Chimer are the original Dunmer.
    Options
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lamia
    Options
  • gtclm67b16_ESO
    gtclm67b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Imga - Great Apes
    Such question is awesome and most (all ?) of these races are innovative, not your common MMO race.
    Lovely really :]
    Edited by gtclm67b16_ESO on July 22, 2014 8:21AM
    Options
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above.
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Lamia

Already in the game.
    Options
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Deadra - Daedroth ( may call Demons but not entirely true)
    I would love to be Sheogorath's personal Golden Saint guard.
    Options
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    None of them.

Then ten currently playable races are enough, and there's no sensible way to add more without mucking up the story or the lore. Leave it as is, this doesnt need to be changed.

this
    I would however be able to meet/quest/interact with all other races of the lore, but 10 playable is how it should be and stay

Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tam!RUGH!
    N37nO40707.jpg

aren't the imga supposedly to live in valenwoord and we have seen like 90+% of valenwood...?
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imga - Great Apes
    Yeah, they must have some reason to be in hiding and/or decimated in their population at this point. Maybe they fell prey to the Knahaten Flu as well, but weren't as lucky as the Khajiit?
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There might be 10 playable races, but 8 of them are just 4 human and four elf variants; and elves are basically human variants. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Foxes are foxeh, and y'all know it. ;)

Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully when ZOS decides if they want to add a new race they ask themselves "Would it make sense lorewise to have 1000s of these running around Cyrodil and possibly becoming emperor/empress".
    Options
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit are believed to have vanished sometime in the Second Era. ESO is in the Second Era. Adding Lilmothiit will not break lore and gives great opportunity to expand vastly on new lore.

We already know enough about the Sea Elves; could care less about them.

Dwemer would absolutely fracture the lore. Zenimax is distancing themselves from the other Elder Scroll titles but if they start spitting on them too, then my unsubscribed status will become permanent.
    Edited by WhitePawPrints on July 22, 2014 3:02PM
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit are believed to have vanished sometime in the Second Era. ESO is in the Second Era. Adding Lilmothiit will not break lore and gives great opportunity to expand vastly on new lore.
    [...]
    Thanks for the confirmation of what I was trying to remember :)
    I would love to see some Lilmothiit NPCs, and they have so much potential with regards to their lore, as we know next-to-nothing about them. (We could even end up in a quest line which results in their disappearance, if they disappeared in Second Era... :neutral_face: )
    Options
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    Thanks for the confirmation of what I was trying to remember :)
    I would love to see some Lilmothiit NPCs, and they have so much potential with regards to their lore, as we know next-to-nothing about them. (We could even end up in a quest line which results in their disappearance, if they disappeared in Second Era... :neutral_face: )

If I remember right, it was one of the diseases that had decimated their population and after that they were never seen again by the other races. Because of that they are believed to be extinct but it is unclear if they actually died out or if they simply have never been seen again by either leaving Tamriel or being incredibly secluded somewhere in Black Marsh where even the Argonians are not at.
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of them.

Then ten currently playable races are enough, and there's no sensible way to add more without mucking up the story or the lore. Leave it as is, this doesnt need to be changed.

The current races have always been the playable ones. You cannot simply have a bunch of Dwemer running around when they are supposed to be extinct. It's the same reason they will never have dragons. Adding another playable race would probably upset the TES purists of this game too much.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imga - Great Apes
    None of them.

The current races have always been the playable ones. You cannot simply have a bunch of Dwemer running around when they are supposed to be extinct. It's the same reason they will never have dragons. Adding another playable race would probably upset the TES purists of this game too much.

Actually only the Dwemer, Chimer, Aedra and Daedra are problematic.

The other races are fine, no reason Lore-wise they couldn't be in ESO.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsaesci - Snake- human mix with golden
    Chimer and Dwemer would be lore breaking. They do not exist as of this time.

None of the others have ever been playable.

If we are going to vote for over the top races to play, though, I want to play a Sload.

Why! Gods almighty why! :s
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • Fi'yra
    Fi'yra
    ✭✭✭
    When I think 'Fox person'
    I think of something greatly detailed.

The opposite of Khajit, and a master of cloth and sticks.
    AD - PC/EU
    Get Wrobled
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maormer and Imga could be added in such a way that they wouldn't be lore-breaking. The Akavirian races could be added in in about five years time, when all of Tamriel is in the game and they need to move onto another continent.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Eirikur
    Eirikur
    ✭✭✭
    None of them. I don't think there should be any other playable races than the current ones, which have been playable in all Elder Scrolls games. They're the only lore-friendly civilized races.
    Options