The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which race would you like to see on TESO and Why?

• smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Akaviri or Dwemer. We're sitting on the cusp of their involvement in Tamriel (at least compared to many later games) and could easily handle them without completely destroying canon.

Dwemer are already gone, how would they be viable?

This game already has a good precedent of time traveling, and the nearness of the Dwemer event makes it more viable in my opinion.

Plus, there seems to be a precedent for 'not as extinct as we thought', with Kothringi, Snow Elves, Aldmeri, etc.

I don't think having an entire race that is just time traveling to the current time is anything but lore breaking.

And yes the dwemer are gone, even the last dwemer, who was on other planes when the disappearance happened, could not find his people. The whole thing is meant to be an unsolved mystery for a reason.

An entire race? No, not likely. A small handful of possibly several thousand 'exceptions'? Much more plausible.

I'm not talking about the whole society coming back. Simply player characters, which could be 'remnants' or 'left overs'. Maybe they are mix breeds. Maybe they were cut off. Etc.

The fact that it's an unsolved mystery means it's full of potential plot holes. Case in point, what do Dwemer even look like that would make them immediately distinguishable from other Mer? Would we see one and the NPC on the street immediately know it's a Dwemer?

Even in later generations, we walk around in their armor and some even inhabit their structures. It's entirely possible, if even probable, that not all dwemer knew what was going on or why the race vanished, and that they could still be in Tamriel and just not be known.

Course, I prefer the 'remnants' line, and think that an unlocked race would be a very fun addition. You could even write it into the lore that it was later proven that these weren't 'pure bloods' and thus weren't technically Dwemer any longer.

no that is a terrible idea. Like I said the disappearance is a mystery for a reason. If you have them walking around in the present, that mystery dies. Also why didn't these dwemer continue to live and propagate the species in the present?

People that are actually invested in the lore, the people who play ESO because it is a TES game, would be furious and rightfully so.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
    Options
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Maormer - Sea Elves
    I would enjoy a Sea Elf that wasnt, you know an EBIL Snake worshiping People SACRIFICING, all around bad guy (or girl)

There has to be some good (or not ebil) ones somewhere.

When (if) water, underwater, or the like is added, then the sea elves and argonians wont need a water breathing spell/item.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
    Options
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    Maormer - Sea Elves
    Pandas

No, no no no no, NO!

Just NO.

Dont know why, but Panda's are like Cows in that I wont play one. Undead, Orc, Blood Elf, Troll, just about anything else, but Not gona be a Cow or Panda.

Just NO NO NO NONONONONONONONO!

Er NO.
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
    Options
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, Akaviri or Dwemer. We're sitting on the cusp of their involvement in Tamriel (at least compared to many later games) and could easily handle them without completely destroying canon.

This game already has a good precedent of time traveling, and the nearness of the Dwemer event makes it more viable in my opinion.

Plus, there seems to be a precedent for 'not as extinct as we thought', with Kothringi, Snow Elves, Aldmeri, etc.

I don't think having an entire race that is just time traveling to the current time is anything but lore breaking.

And yes the dwemer are gone, even the last dwemer, who was on other planes when the disappearance happened, could not find his people. The whole thing is meant to be an unsolved mystery for a reason.

An entire race? No, not likely. A small handful of possibly several thousand 'exceptions'? Much more plausible.

I'm not talking about the whole society coming back. Simply player characters, which could be 'remnants' or 'left overs'. Maybe they are mix breeds. Maybe they were cut off. Etc.

The fact that it's an unsolved mystery means it's full of potential plot holes. Case in point, what do Dwemer even look like that would make them immediately distinguishable from other Mer? Would we see one and the NPC on the street immediately know it's a Dwemer?

Even in later generations, we walk around in their armor and some even inhabit their structures. It's entirely possible, if even probable, that not all dwemer knew what was going on or why the race vanished, and that they could still be in Tamriel and just not be known.

Course, I prefer the 'remnants' line, and think that an unlocked race would be a very fun addition. You could even write it into the lore that it was later proven that these weren't 'pure bloods' and thus weren't technically Dwemer any longer.

no that is a terrible idea. Like I said the disappearance is a mystery for a reason. If you have them walking around in the present, that mystery dies. Also why didn't these dwemer continue to live and propagate the species in the present?

People that are actually invested in the lore, the people who play ESO because it is a TES game, would be furious and rightfully so.

You make it sound as if I haven't played through each game, haven't read both fiction books as well as collectors editions guides and in-game lorebooks, and haven't spent quite a bit of time on various wiki's and other resources investing in The Elder Scrolls.

As far as the mystery of their departure, having remnant's of the race alive in THIS timeline, possibly sterile, doesn't mean we know why pure blood Dwemer disappeared. Mystery still present.

On an aside, one of these days they are going to resolve this mystery, and I'll predict there are going to be a LOT of unhappy lore fans. Not every lore fan, mind you. Just the ones that have made up their mind on how it SHOULD be.

I personally invest myself in a world run by others. I learned a long time ago not to put too much of my personal beliefs into someone else's world (thank you, George Lucus ... ***).
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
    Options
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You make it sound as if I haven't played through each game, haven't read both fiction books as well as collectors editions guides and in-game lorebooks, and haven't spent quite a bit of time on various wiki's and other resources investing in The Elder Scrolls.

As far as the mystery of their departure, having remnant's of the race alive in THIS timeline, possibly sterile, doesn't mean we know why pure blood Dwemer disappeared. Mystery still present.

On an aside, one of these days they are going to resolve this mystery, and I'll predict there are going to be a LOT of unhappy lore fans. Not every lore fan, mind you. Just the ones that have made up their mind on how it SHOULD be.

I personally invest myself in a world run by others. I learned a long time ago not to put too much of my personal beliefs into someone else's world (thank you, George Lucus ... ***).

no, as I said, the last dwemer in morrowind couldn't even find any members of his race. It's not that you don't know the lore, it's just that you want to ruin the immersion and mystery surrounding the Dwemer.

I doubt they will ever resolve the mystery. Perhaps drop bits here and there but morrowind revealed quite a lot.

Putting them in the game would make them common. It would destroy what every other game has set with regards to precedence.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
    Options
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, as I said, the last dwemer in morrowind couldn't even find any members of his race. It's not that you don't know the lore, it's just that you want to ruin the immersion and mystery surrounding the Dwemer.

I doubt they will ever resolve the mystery. Perhaps drop bits here and there but morrowind revealed quite a lot.

Putting them in the game would make them common. It would destroy what every other game has set with regards to precedence.

I personally disagree, but that is for Bethesda to decide.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
    Options
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would feel really weird to play a race that wasn't a playable race in the single player titles. Dragon-break weird.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
    Options
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sload
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new playable races thanks.

Dwemer / Chimer / Aldmer / Snow Elves etc etc are non-existent, the others haven't been playable races in previous ES games so I don't see it happening.

I wouldn't mind if the current racials were adjusted a little, but that aside there's not much point introducing new races. I'm all for new classes appearing (Necromancer / Druidish class spring to mind), but new races would be relatively annoying for a lore fan. I entertain the concept of an 'outsider' 4th alliance appearing with 'evil' races, like the Sload / Akaviri / another immoral race, but I don't think it's practical.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deadra - Daedroth ( may call Demons but not entirely true)
    Aedra and Daedra would be awesome, but I reckon they'd be kind of OP vs the mortal races. TBH I think I'd prefer to have them as companions/pets.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tsaesci - Snake- human mix with golden
    would like to actually SEE these people, instead of just drawings. would also be a good excuse to go to akavir:) no dwemer though. I would love to play one, but it would be a bit to lore breaking if you saw hundreds of a race that is supposed to be "Extinct"(I type it like that cause we don't actually know, as there was one in TES 3, morrowind)
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit -A vulpine (fox-like)
    Not bothered about any of these being playable, but I'd love to see Lilmothiit NPCs (although didn't they die out at some point?) in some areas, particularly when they add in the southern end of Black Marsh.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Mondo
    Mondo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit -A vulpine (fox-like)
    Foxes will not kill Lore! thats why
    Im not the Hero you need, im the Troll you deserve!
    - Survived the WoW Pre LK Rogue Forum "Come at me Bro" -

L2P = Accept that DK is OP and stop complaining
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    None of them.

Then ten currently playable races are enough, and there's no sensible way to add more without mucking up the story or the lore. Leave it as is, this doesnt need to be changed.

Amen
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maormer - Sea Elves
    MOAR ELVES!!!
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above - too many elves and daedra in the game already.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the above. Al those options doesn't make sense to lore.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're getting Nagas as a New race With the Black Marsh expansion (non-playable)
    Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The poll is invalid, it doesn't provide a "none, this game doesn't need any more" option.
    Options
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo, there is no need to add a playable race if ESO wants to follow the Elder Scrolls tradition it has to stay with the races we can play right now.

I agree with @Lettigall on this.

@fromtesonlineb16_ESO I agree.

There are other things we could ask for : maybe new skill trees and new zones I don't know whatever you want. New playable races is a waste of time.

However, If you are talking about meeting other races in quests/dungeons or so, that could be interesting.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on July 21, 2014 11:52AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    Options
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadra - Daedroth ( may call Demons but not entirely true)
    Chimer and Dwemer would be lore breaking. They do not exist as of this time.

None of the others have ever been playable.

If we are going to vote for over the top races to play, though, I want to play a Sload.

Actually it wouldn't be, According to the lore they are still around, albeit in different forms (Falmer), As far as the Dwemer go, They simply transferred themselves to another dimension/plane of existence according to the lore.

There is nothing to say they wouldn't come back at some point, and with time being what it is in the TES games, it's not at all unreasonable to think they could, because a hero from the future used an Elderscroll to go back in time and prevent them from "Plaining" or to save them from the war, same could be said of the snow elves.

So yea, it would easily be doable and lore friendly. And if you study the dwemer and the lore and story lines associated with them, it's not difficult to see that at some point they will return.

The question is not "If", simply "when".
    Edited by Malpherian on July 21, 2014 11:54AM
    Options
  • Animus0724
    Animus0724
    ✭✭✭
    No...just no, lets not break more lore...
    I take pride in being an incredibly smart dumb ass, or an incredibly dumb smart ass, either way I'm awesome.

-The Art Of Warfare (T.A.W.)
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, no new races in ESO -- where that option in the poll? -.- Any new races must follow lore anyways. More races does not make a better game either.

It gets to a point that are so many new races, it will destroy the lore -- that is the problem of Star Wars and I do not like that lore of SW. We have plenty of new races now and each one with deep rich detail lore behind them.
    Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with you 100% Adding new races or taking the unknown of the lore is just a stupid idea. We have plenty of lore to work with, let use what we have. The time frame in ESO is not much written about it, there is plenty of room to explain on that with out messing up the lore in the single player TES games that comes after ESO (time frame wise)
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Falmer or Forsworn? You call that a list?!?!?! :P
    Edited by Dekkameron on July 21, 2014 12:22PM
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner or later, someone is going to create a list of new playable races that doesn't entirely ignore the lore...
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    Actually it wouldn't be, According to the lore they are still around, albeit in different forms (Falmer), As far as the Dwemer go, They simply transferred themselves to another dimension/plane of existence according to the lore.

There is nothing to say they wouldn't come back at some point, and with time being what it is in the TES games, it's not at all unreasonable to think they could, because a hero from the future used an Elderscroll to go back in time and prevent them from "Plaining" or to save them from the war, same could be said of the snow elves.

So yea, it would easily be doable and lore friendly. And if you study the dwemer and the lore and story lines associated with them, it's not difficult to see that at some point they will return.

The question is not "If", simply "when".

The Snow Elves have devolved into the Falmer, the rest say a few have either died out or interbred. The Dwemer didn't simply just transfer themselves, they've vanished and come Morrowind / Skyrim / Oblivion they are still very much a mystery.

Yes, but that would mean that the events of Morrowind / Skyrim / Oblivion should be altered and lore would change and blah blah blah, it's a mess not worth the trouble.

So yes, it's not really lore friendly give the time frame of ESO and other ES games.

Well sure, however over a thousand years from now they're still vanished, so there's that.
    Edited by The_Sadist on July 21, 2014 12:32PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • ThumbtackJake
    ThumbtackJake
    ✭✭✭
    Sload would be awesome. I know the Sload Necromancer N'Gasta was around in the 2nd era, IIRC. Not exactly sure when though. But I don't think there were ever many in Tamriel.

The Akaviri races wouldn't make sense, what with all the war and stuff between the kingdoms (and being drowned by Vivec probably makes Tamriel seem less hospitable).

The Dwemmer became the the golden skin of the Numidium/Anumidium/Walk-Brass/Brass Tower/whatever you want to call it, which is currently laying siege outside of time against Alinor.

10 races is good as is. More classes/abilities/guilds/story-lines/etc? Yessir.
    Edited by ThumbtackJake on July 21, 2014 12:58PM
    Long term filthy casual.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The complete disappearance of the dwemer adds to their charm, and adds to the wonder of their ruins/machinations. Having thousands of them running around and vying for the cyrodiilic throne would really be 'meh' for me.

Id much rather just add on new skill lines/factions for us to join: Thieves, brotherhood, Tong, Companions, Necromancers, Aedra worshipping, Daedra worshipping, Sword-saints, Dragonguard, etc.
    Options
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maormer - Sea Elves
    maomer would be acceptible, but im really surprised akaviri isnt in this list, that too would make decent sense to me to be playable. on aedra, arent dragons technically aedra? since they are spawns of akatosh (an aedra)
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

Options