The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Champion Point System creating an even larger player gap

• Demonhunter
    Demonhunter
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the logic behind claiming that the champion system is catered to hardcore players. Infact, the whole idea between hardcore and casual philosophies was created by WoW players. They claimed that you became a hardcore player when you joined a raiding guild that raided the most hardcore dungeons twice or 3 times a week to compete for the most epic gear in the game. And did not even guarantee that you would roll for that specific gear and claim it?? That's hardcore for me, this game has no gear rolls and we do not compete for those items. OH and don't forget that dungeons don't lock in this game.

Are you all saying that all of a sudden this game is going to turn to WoW??? Not even close, either you all still don't "get" how this game's mechanic works or you all are just stoned. Everyone will progress within the champion system and will be able to spend points. This should actually make casuals jumping in joy like a drunk bunny. But if i'm faster than you in earning these points, don't blame me!!! But eventually you all can catch up.
    Edited by Demonhunter on July 19, 2014 6:23PM
    Options
  • darkmadman187
    darkmadman187
    ✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    Honestly if you put in 20 hours into the game you deserve to be superior to someone who only plays 2 hours or so. (random numbers)

Let's put it this way, two people earn the same amount of money for each hour they work. If I put in overtime, I continue to get paid, and if I stop working well I don't continue to make any money. The person who did overtime gets a raise (i.e gained more xp) the person who did not do extra work should not expect a reward.

The same concept should apply here. but instead everyone wants to be spoon fed. I don't understand why people think they deserve the same reward without putting in the same amount of effort.

I simply cannot stand the mindset of being held by your hand...

Yep I agree spend ten times the time playing, get ten times the reward.

Thing is, your conveniently missing the other part if that. Play for 10 times as much time, pay ten times as much to do it! Somehow I guess you don't want that part of representational play times to be applied.

It would be fair if you play for ten hours a week, you sub stays as $15. You play for fourty hours, your sub should be $60.

If you can't accept or counter that with a decent business reason, you can't really champion a system that benefits those with no real life responsibilities over those that do have them.

It's not going to be long until the media starts putting pressure on game devs to be socially responsible and stop rewarding unhealthy amounts of game time.

I see what you're trying to say here but does that mean if I use my unlimited broadband service (we are paying for unlimited game time) more than the average person that I should be required to pay more for the service ? You & me are paying for unlimited game time so just because someone decides to play less it shouldn't mean they should instantly get the same reward as a player who is on all day. I have 4 children, a wife, a full time job (nights) so I only get to play early morning & weekends so not a biased opinion. Should I be compensated for the 5 days a week where I'm on at non-peak hours because there is next to no-one to group with, I definitely wouldn't expect that it is my choice to have the lifestyle I have & others shouldn't get punished because of that, if they play for 12 hours a day they should be better than me.

Anything that is unlimited will only really favour those that use it massivly. Those that use it less end up paying a premium to use it. I think there should be tiered subscriptions, rather than just unlimited.

Also I truly believe that anybody that spends 12 hours a day in a game needs the government or devs to change things to stop that happening. The law is only just starting to catch in that they need to acknowledge the impact online ability has on society.

That's comming from someone who was fire for gross miss-conduct due to being addicted to forums, well before people believed that was possible.

Some people do need help to break the adiction to MMO's, which is very real. But devs won't do anything to help the situation, until legislation is passed forcing them too. I don't think it wi be long before that happens

I understand completely what you're saying but you are looking at the extreme end of the scale, there are some people who may only play for one hour 3 times a week should they be restricted because someone else chooses to play one hour once a month, of course the people who play more should get rewarded. I personally play about 2 hours in the morning during week time (not a lot else to do at 5am) then every few weeks I have a good session on the game at the weekend, maybe 12 hours but then other weekends I won't play at all. As for the more time playing doesn't mean you're better , yes this does apply to some people who exploit grinding to power level but then again its punishing players who have took their time to quest through the game, completing all dungeons' dolmens & minibosses as they have had to become better to complete the challenge e.g. blocking, dodging, using skills effectively. The player base shouldn't be stereotyped, yes you have people that exploit the system but most players just want to play the game & get a reward for putting their time & effort into it. The champion system will allow this I believe.
    Options
  • Mr.Turtlesworth
    Mr.Turtlesworth
    ✭✭✭✭
    yolo
    I r robot
    hear me roar
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do put some kind of soft caps on champion points. I just keep remembering that episode of South Park, with that no life that did nothing but play, no one could compete with him. Kind of extreme I know, but if there's no cap that guy will exist in this game.
    Options
  • BCBasher
    BCBasher
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly if you put in 20 hours into the game you deserve to be superior to someone who only plays 2 hours or so. (random numbers)

Let's put it this way, two people earn the same amount of money for each hour they work. If I put in overtime, I continue to get paid, and if I stop working well I don't continue to make any money. The person who did overtime gets a raise (i.e gained more xp) the person who did not do extra work should not expect a reward.

The same concept should apply here. but instead everyone wants to be spoon fed. I don't understand why people think they deserve the same reward without putting in the same amount of effort.

Thing is, your conveniently missing the other part if that. Play for 10 times as much time, pay ten times as much to do it! Somehow I guess you don't want that part of representational play times to be applied.

It would be fair if you play for ten hours a week, you sub stays as $15. You play for fourty hours, your sub should be $60.

If you can't accept or counter that with a decent business reason, you can't really champion a system that benefits those with no real life responsibilities over those that do have them.

It's not going to be long until the media starts putting pressure on game devs to be socially responsible and stop rewarding unhealthy amounts of game time.

I see what you're trying to say here but does that mean if I use my unlimited broadband service (we are paying for unlimited game time) more than the average person that I should be required to pay more for the service ? You & me are paying for unlimited game time so just because someone decides to play less it shouldn't mean they should instantly get the same reward as a player who is on all day. I have 4 children, a wife, a full time job (nights) so I only get to play early morning & weekends so not a biased opinion. Should I be compensated for the 5 days a week where I'm on at non-peak hours because there is next to no-one to group with, I definitely wouldn't expect that it is my choice to have the lifestyle I have & others shouldn't get punished because of that, if they play for 12 hours a day they should be better than me.

Anything that is unlimited will only really favour those that use it massivly. Those that use it less end up paying a premium to use it. I think there should be tiered subscriptions, rather than just unlimited.

Also I truly believe that anybody that spends 12 hours a day in a game needs the government or devs to change things to stop that happening. The law is only just starting to catch in that they need to acknowledge the impact online ability has on society.

That's comming from someone who was fire for gross miss-conduct due to being addicted to forums, well before people believed that was possible.

Some people do need help to break the adiction to MMO's, which is very real. But devs won't do anything to help the situation, until legislation is passed forcing them too. I don't think it wi be long before that happens

We need less government hand holding, if your addictions cause you to fail at life the so be it that's natural selection. This coming from someone with raging alcoholism, substance "abuse" problems, and no want nor need to play social fitting in games. I just switched to an e-smoke because it was better than 2-3 packs a day and being treated like a criminal even though I always I noted wind direction, kids, and non-smokers before I'd light up. Now they're saying that's bad too so don't do it. If you want that kind of authoritarian hand holding move to NK or China.
    Options
  • SirJesto
    SirJesto
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this was mentioned yet but in the video Paul said the champion points can be spent account wide on any character so you could in theory make a lower level alt have some pretty cool abilities for his level.
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need less government hand holding, if your addictions cause you to fail at life the so be it that's natural selection. This coming from someone with raging alcoholism, substance "abuse" problems, and no want nor need to play social fitting in games. I just switched to an e-smoke because it was better than 2-3 packs a day and being treated like a criminal even though I always I noted wind direction, kids, and non-smokers before I'd light up. Now they're saying that's bad too so don't do it. If you want that kind of authoritarian hand holding move to NK or China.

It was not North Korea or China that decided that microwaves needed instructions to not put animals in them, that was the good old US of A. Any society in which people can sue other people to remove all responsibility from themselves, ends up having to legislate all kinds of things that people can do to excess.

You may not like it, but you can be quite sure it will happen. I'm also an ex smoker and ex druggie and ex alcoholic, I kicked all the habits myself. But im not part of the generation that tries to sue other people for my own failings. The culture of being able to sue people will make it happen sooner or later, just look at the cigarette companies and the fast food industry, they are being changed due to peoples lack of self control.

Also the E-cigs thing is nothing about them being bad for you (you can be damned sure they are not worse than real cigarettes). The government are not making anywhere near as much tax on them as they do from real cigs, so they will fix that.
    Options
  • Kizziexo
    Kizziexo
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe how people can think they can be as strong as players who put in work to get stronger like come on. It's you guys that make games so limited. I'm not trying to bash or hurt anyone feelings either so don't whine about it, but I really think you "soft caps", keeping everyone around the same level guys have never played a game you get beat at and expect to just win with very little effort.
    I like game will brains and skill is needed. Games I have to think strategically about where I want to allocate my acquired points I've earned goes.
    This is an MMO and like most MMOs, it requires dedicated players who are willing to put the time in to get good. Not for some checkers guy trying to play chess and whine that to much thought is involved.
    Next people will say Emperor is to hard to achieve since it takes "time".
    Options
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭

No one is forcing you to do anything. You pay 15 a momth for unlimited play time. Not per hour you play so your argument is a moot point anyhow. This game is not pay to win like you want it to be or are proposing in your post. Put it this way I pay 15 bucks a month for a gym membership you pay the same. I use mine 5x per week you once a month. Are your gains from working out going to equal mine? (All other variables the same save for frequency i.e. food consumption sleep ect.) No so stop pretwnding you should get free levels items champion points. You get out of thing a value equally proportional to what you have put in. We understand you want to devote more time to the game but aren't willing to.
    Jukette VR12 DC Nightblade 14 day campaign.
    Kitten Kisser VR12 DC Sorcerer 14 day campaign
    Options
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just more content I'll likley never do, kinda like all the "improvements" and additions to PvP.

Can I Haz ur stuff quitter?
    Options
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sangeet wrote: »
    Im currently vr9, and i dont want that the game createas the artifcial invested time gap between players. I would enjoy a softcap system where everyone does the same damge on the battlefield. Fps shooters work with this method since years. Modern shooters make equipment and skills via pvp enabled. Make for example a waraxe skilline only via pvp xp. Create an incentive for pvp. Not more boring solo xp grind. How cool would be additional siege equipment like siege towers or chariots as pvp skill line.

This game needs ABSOLUTELY no influence from first person shooters. EVER!
    Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesn't seem so bad that it is account wide.

We will have to wait and see as it gets closer and maybe even on PTS to see exactly what people can get. It looked like most of the perks weren't that big of a deal.

for now my answer is - could be could not be. Wait and see. Regardless it looks fun and the game NEEDS something in it to keep people occupied.
    Edited by Laura on July 19, 2014 8:30PM
    Options
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    rekina wrote: »
    Jesus, these people have such a terrible mentality that they want to win other players with their playtime, not with experiences and skill executions... sigh.

And by your "the older characters should be advanced than newer characters because that's how it works in real life" logic you should be still advancing your strength, agility and intelligence in your 90s. One of the most stupid argument ever I've seen. What more making me frustrated is the fact that you don't see how the logic is bad.

Yeap , pretty much this.

The reason WoW became what it became is exactly because it had the good sense to change.

Lets put it this way , i dont need to see this system , the know that whatever happens will not make old players gods so far from new players that they cant get to it , end of story.

So yeah , maybe it is irrelevant buffs , maybe it is something we can gather without not so much time , maybe it is something else.

The point is , it will not create a game where new players dont want to join because they know there is no point.

Which bring us back to waiting to see what happens.

You say you agree with him then seem to think it will be fine as no one will be too powerful with champ levels I dont know which side you are on.
    Options
  • Luvsfuzzybunnies
    Luvsfuzzybunnies
    ✭✭✭
    What is this, some kind of Republican thread? Stuffy old chaps in their 90s packing up and marching in wheelchairs while holding pickets that saying "YOUNG BOYS SUCK LISTEN TO OLD PEOPLE" "START WAR WITH NK RIGHT NOW"?

:D I'm getting outta here. Apparently this is not somewhere I want to stay

Youre right ignorance has no place here you should save us all from your comments.
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus, these people have such a terrible mentality that they want to win other players with their playtime, not with experiences and skill executions... sigh.

And by your "the older characters should be advanced than newer characters because that's how it works in real life" logic you should be still advancing your strength, agility and intelligence in your 90s. One of the most stupid argument ever I've seen. What more making me frustrated is the fact that you don't see how the logic is bad.

Yeap , pretty much this.

The reason WoW became what it became is exactly because it had the good sense to change.

Lets put it this way , i dont need to see this system , the know that whatever happens will not make old players gods so far from new players that they cant get to it , end of story.

So yeah , maybe it is irrelevant buffs , maybe it is something we can gather without not so much time , maybe it is something else.

The point is , it will not create a game where new players dont want to join because they know there is no point.

Which bring us back to waiting to see what happens.

You say you agree with him then seem to think it will be fine as no one will be too powerful with champ levels I dont know which side you are on.

The issue is , we dont know how it will work.

If the buffs are meangless , then it is ok eitherway , we saw some of them already , but in the end it will deppend on how they implement it.

I do believe whatever choice they decide to go with , wont be anything that makes the new players feel like worms when compared to old players , which would make any never want to even join the game after they hear about it.

The point he made i agree with is , old characters should not have a huge gap over new ones just because they have been there for 2 years gathering exp like crazy.

And yes , i have been here since one and still think this would be silly.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on July 19, 2014 8:55PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the good side there is absolutely nothing they could put on champion points that someone wont complain about, so go crazy!
    Options
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    [
    Raash wrote: »
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    CoUsT wrote: »
    jeevin wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel this new champion system will create an even larger gap between the players who play more vs the players who only have time to play casually?

So casuals want to be as good as people who invest a lot time in game? It's not working this way. It's the same with everything in world - want to be good in playing on piano? Fine! Invest some time to learn! Want to be good in making programs? Fine, invest some time to learn how to make them!

You know, maybe it's new trend. Everyone want everything right now, without investing anything - time, knowledge or your skills.

In my opinion, champion system is great, it will give ESO more... hm, freedom in creating builds. Making your own specialization will be much funnier!

I totally agree.

Now close this discussion.

You think that by winning a bike race with your custom built cycle with motor and everything vs others using regular bicycles makes you the better driver.
    Guys like you are incredible.
    Is there SOMETHING you're not complaining about?
    C'mon.

Not that im that sorry to be honest, but I was not aware I was standing on your tail.
    Think i scored another bulls eye tho.
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is forcing you to do anything. You pay 15 a momth for unlimited play time. Not per hour you play so your argument is a moot point anyhow. This game is not pay to win like you want it to be or are proposing in your post. Put it this way I pay 15 bucks a month for a gym membership you pay the same. I use mine 5x per week you once a month. Are your gains from working out going to equal mine? (All other variables the same save for frequency i.e. food consumption sleep ect.) No so stop pretwnding you should get free levels items champion points. You get out of thing a value equally proportional to what you have put in. We understand you want to devote more time to the game but aren't willing to.

The point is that each player does pay the same and if they start to loose subs, due to no lifes being much more powerful than normal players, then it doesn't matter what you argue about "well I play more", they will change it so its capped, or they loose money when the normal players start quitting en-mass, just like the VR levels situation.

If there is no cap, the system is massively skewed in favour of those players that spend more time in game, than the average person spends working.

I know they wont charge them more (I just wish a sub based model would cotton on to the fact, that if they limited people to playing only 20 hours a week, then some players would buy multiple accounts, to keep playing, but would not be able to put it all into one character, it would stop the dregs of society getting to powerful due to their lack of connection with real life)), but they will have to limit them or face the financial consequences of allowing those that fail at real life to dominate their game.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I know they wont charge them more (I just wish a sub based model would cotton on to the fact, that if they limited people to playing only 20 hours a week, then some players would buy multiple accounts, to keep playing, but would not be able to put it all into one character, it would stop the dregs of society getting to powerful due to their lack of connection with real life)), but they will have to limit them or face the financial consequences of allowing those that fail at real life to dominate their game.

So which is it? Do these people have a problem and we should help them? Or are you just angry that people who play more then you might get more then you?

Im also curious what you consider the dregs of society? You say 20 hours? What if someone plays 21? Do they suddenly go from a super cool well adjusted dude to the dreg of society and we should burn them at the stake?
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on July 19, 2014 10:54PM
    Options
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think it's a great improvement.
    noobs and casuals don't need to be strong as hardcore, and they simply won't even notice the problem. Instead, hardcore players NEED reasons to continue playing the same character...and this progression is way better than current VRs.

PFF, with progression systems like this upcomming one has even less to do with skills then what we have now . You really think a hardcore gamer is worth 20% more critchance of spells etc or what ever vs the casuals playing this game? If you dont see a problem with this i personally think you are in need of either education or proffesional help. And yes, this is very much indeed a big questioning on YOU, so feel free to report me if you cant argue for your standpoint.
    Edited by Raash on July 19, 2014 11:10PM
    Options
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So which is it? Do these people have a problem and we should help them? Or are you just angry that people who play more then you might get more then you?

Im also curious what you consider the dregs of society? You say 20 hours? What if someone plays 21? Do they suddenly go from a super cool well adjusted dude to the dreg of society and we should burn them at the stake?

There are lots of people who play MMO's that could be so much more than they are, if they did not spend so much time in games like this. I have one RL friend in particular who fits this mould. He currently is a dreg, he is the last single friend of our whole group, so I feel for him, I really do. But some people don't help themselves and while MMO's reward ludicrous investments in time, they become further and further distanced from the real world.

All of my friends have seen this happen to so many people in guilds they are in, it's really sad. Some people have no will power and will fall to the bottom of society and likely won't ever pull themselves back up again.

If you dont think that happens you are deluded. They need to realise that they put too much emphasis in games like this and game devs need to try to help them.

The thing is many of them believe that their in game achievements have real merit, feeling it's time well spent, they see it as an investment. It's not in the slightest, it's pixels, it won't visit them when they are ill, it won't look after them in old age, it won't attend their funeral.

I believe that damn soon the industry needs to acknowledge that it's seriously detremental to some people.

I get that it won't make me popular, but life's not a popularity contest. Just think a barman can refuse to serve you, if he thinks you have drank enough, when someone has been in a virtual world for fourty hours in one week, do they need the same advice. I think they do.

The comment about having a 20 hour cut off, was more down to the fact that id have thought some suits would have seen the opportunity to exploit the situation, while appearing to be trying to help.
    Edited by Guppet on July 19, 2014 11:25PM
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are lots of people who play MMO's that could be so much more than they are, if they did not spend so much time in games like this. I have one RL friend in particular who fits this mould. He currently is a dreg, he is the last single friend of our whole group, so I feel for him, I really do. But some people don't help themselves and while MMO's reward ludicrous investments in time, they become further and further distanced from the real world.

All of my friends have seen this happen to so many people in guilds they are in, it's really sad. Some people have no will power and will fall to the bottom of society and likely won't ever pull themselves back up again.

If you dont think that happens you are deluded. They need to realise that they put too much emphasis in games like this and game devs need to try to help them.

The thing is many of them believe that their in game achievements have real merit, feeling it's time well spent, they see it as an investment. It's not in the slightest, it's pixels, it won't visit them when they are ill, it won't look after them in old age, it won't attend their funeral.

I believe that damn soon the industry needs to acknowledge that it's seriously detremental to some people.

I get that it won't make me popular, but life's not a popularity contest. Just think a barman can refuse to serve you, if he thinks you have drank enough, when someone has been in a virtual world for fourty hours in one week, do they need the same advice. I think they do.

The comment about having a 20 hour cut off, was more down to the fact that id have thought some suits would have seen the opportunity to exploit the situation, while appearing to be trying to help.

Still single you say? I cant imagine how something so horrible could happen to some one. Perhaps we should stage an intervention?

Now i might be poking a little fun at you, but you must admit it is sort of funny. The one bad thing you have to say about him is he the last single friend you have. And then you label him a dreg of society.

Now don't get me wrong, self control and addiction are real problems. It is just the examples you come up with seem a bit on the silly side.

Oh my god some one save that man, he is single!!

To much?
    Options
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to wake up a year from now and find out that you need 1,000 special points to be able to do anything in the new expansion, and that new players have an impossible hill to climb to join existing ones.
    Options
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭

Narrow. Insulting. Seriously, not all players who dedicate a larger chunk of time to a hobby are warped, mentally unbalanced, physically weak or unhealthy from lack of sunlight or nutritious food.

May I point out to you there are players who have expendable incomes, and who manage their leisure time appropriately as per their life and moral compass...they have career paths which may be quite autonomous for instance ;o). There are people who are at varying ages and stages of life who enjoy gaming...and NONE of them/we/they are the least bit interested in illogical, emotion-based rules preached about so you can feel good about yourself.

I surmise it is a much smaller percentage of players who really 'go overboard' and live in these virtual worlds.

By the way, did you know the first national college Gaming Scholarships were recently announced? Pretty cool eh? One hopes you always use a timer when you log in to TESO so you can be certain to limit your gaming time 'appropriately' for you.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can gather a player will continually level up with gained xp and thus unlocking new passives with champion points. I know you will still gain a modest amount of xp even when your not playing but I doubt it will compare to a player who devotes a lot of time to the game.

I thought the biggest issue everyone has with Veteran Ranks is the cruel shock you get when you hit VR1 and go up against a VR12 and get your face stomped in. I don't see how this Champion Point System will be any different. In fact, from the way it reads, the gap between players could effectively get worse over time.

Does anyone else feel this new champion system will create an even larger gap between the players who play more vs the players who only have time to play casually?

No no no its a good thing . VR were a stupid idea in the first place this is true alternate advancement. it gives the individual the opportunity to grow their chr out of a cookie cutter staff and dress spec.
    Options
  • epoling
    epoling
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has turned into an interesting discussion. *smile* To some extent I see both sides. As you play a game for a longer period of time you will naturally become more "powerful" than the guy who started yesterday. It is only logical. If you think that you should be on the same footing from day one you will need to wait for EQ Next. I hear they are having a system without levels where you can wear the same gear as the guy who has been playing forever. On the other hand, I get really annoyed when I am told I need to play my game like a job. If you think you should "work" to "earn" things in a game, you have just turned it from entertainment to a job. No amount of excuse making and justification will change that. I don't play a game to replace my real life stresses and work. I play it to relieve them. I honestly feel that my $15 a month entitles me to the same rewards anybody else can get at my level and it shouldn't matter if I consider the game a job or something I do to have fun. But again, at level 1 I should have to play my way up, learn the game and get gear and skills that are appropriate to my level. Their can be multiple ways to get those levels so everybody's play style is accommodated. However, give the guy who did quests the same stuff as the guy who did dungeons as the guy who did PvP. Don't hide the good stuff behind turning the game into a job. If you want to "work" to "earn" stuff, fine, but it shouldn't be forced on everybody else.
    Options
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the the issue I was trying to get across in my original post. There is BIG difference between getting better as a player because of time invested, vs the players character getting far stronger than others due to time spent playing/leveling/grinding on the treadmill of "Champion Points".

As a player I shouldn't be disadvantaged because I don't waste my whole life playing this game. I should be able to become a better player on even terms via learning the game play, not by out leveling others. I'm concerned Champion Points will leave the same divide we already have
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the the issue I was trying to get across in my original post. There is BIG difference between getting better as a player because of time invested, vs the players character getting far stronger than others due to time spent playing/leveling/grinding on the treadmill of "Champion Points".

As a player I shouldn't be disadvantaged because I don't waste my whole life playing this game. I should be able to become a better player on even terms via learning the game play, not by out leveling others. I'm concerned Champion Points will leave the same divide we already have

Ok what is the cut off? People like to throw around the no life, i have a life, im super awesome and any one who plays more then me is a no lifer dreg of society, but what is the cut off?

Should you be able to play 5 minutes a day and be in the same place as everyone else? 2 minutes? Why is it fair of you play 15 minutes a day that you get further then someone who plays 5 minutes a day? Oh you play an hour every other day? You no lifer scum.
    Options
  • darkmadman187
    darkmadman187
    ✭✭
    I understand that people get addicted to games but is that really a reason to punish everyone else because a very small minority can't control themselves ? Yes people get addicted, I am a smoker & have no intention of giving up, I enjoy it, when this changes & I no longer enjoy I will not require anyone else to help me give up this addiction & I definitely won't expect everyone else to limit/stop smoking. Willpower isn't something you're born with we all have choices some people decide they won't take them for good/bad, no-one else should be restricted because someone can't control their problems. Sorry if that seems heartless but if they won't help themselves why should we baby them to get them better ? Like I said in my previous post, I play for 2 hours each weekday as I work nights, get in at 5am, my wife & children are still asleep & funnily enough not a lot to do at 5am & not many people around to socialise with. I then have a good blow out every few weeks when I will play for 12 hours on the weekend, oh no that week I have surpassed the 20 hour mark, I'm an addict, get me help, I don't think so. I spend all my other time dedicated to my family & you're trying to punish me because I play a game in my downtime because other people can't control themselves ?
    Options
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok what is the cut off? People like to throw around the no life, i have a life, im super awesome and any one who plays more then me is a no lifer dreg of society, but what is the cut off?

Should you be able to play 5 minutes a day and be in the same place as everyone else? 2 minutes? Why is it fair of you play 15 minutes a day that you get further then someone who plays 5 minutes a day? Oh you play an hour every other day? You no lifer scum.

Woah there sheriff! Just saying I don't want to waste every spare minute playing this game when I have other interests that I like to dedicate time to. I play to enjoy and don't want to feel I need to play or else I'll fall behind. If someone has the time to play 12 hours a day and they enjoy it well power to them.

Like I said earlier though, it's one thing to be a better player because of time spent, it's completely different thing to be out leveled on a constant grind. I'm not interested in leveling or constant character progression. I just want to play a fun game.
    Options