The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Full quakecon panel transcript all in one spot so people don't have to search.

• NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one thing I don't like about what they said was that the champion passive carry over from one character to another.

Soooo.... Are they limited by how many are active at one time, or are people gonna start rolling 8 alts and grinding just for the extra passive for one Uber character?

I quite games before where they forced you to roll alts for otherwise unobtainable buffs that made purists like me ( one toon only ) roll six different alter ego just to stay competitive with others.

I don't like that.

But everything else looks awesome.
    Edited by NadiusMaximus on July 19, 2014 8:06AM
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plans for stamina builds to compare with magicka builds
    Nick: Medium armor already have a stamina reduction. Some stamina weapon abilities will get damage boosted. Doing some balance between spell crit and weapon crit. For ultimates it will pick to see the higher of the weapon attack speed or spell attack speed.

So nothing will be done then, kind of disapointing, was hoping they would add like a different dodge bar. This game will truly by all about magic onwards
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one thing I don't like about what they said was that the champion passive carry over from one character to another.

Soooo.... Are they limited by how many are active at one time, or are people gonna start rolling 8 alts and grinding just for the extra passive for one Uber character?

I quite games before where they forced you to roll alts for otherwise unobtainable buffs that made purists like me ( one toon only ) roll six different alter ego just to stay competitive with others.

I don't like that.

Not sure I get what you are saying. I didn't hear anything that sounded like you would need to roll alts for anything. He said the system is account-wide so if you earn 10 champion points on one character they will be available on all your characters. He said nothing about them being limited but in the example he gave they got progressively and significantly more expensive to purchase in each tree.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched some of the Quakecon video on Youtube. It looks like they are busy working on moving the game forward. No visible signs of any reduced commitment to the game in terms of new features. Implementation will be where they will be tested as usual. Firor has a good team. ZOS must be keeping their lead devs busy in the lower depths of the coding mines. Unless it was the stage lighting, not one dev on the panel was sporting a suntan and it's only a week and a half after the Fourth of July. And the phrase "Do you even lift?" probably doesn't register much either. ;)
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raash wrote: »
    Nick: Medium armor already have a stamina reduction. Some stamina weapon abilities will get damage boosted. Doing some balance between spell crit and weapon crit. For ultimates it will pick to see the higher of the weapon attack speed or spell attack speed.

So nothing will be done then, kind of disapointing, was hoping they would add like a different dodge bar. This game will truly by all about magic onwards

I was a bit disappointed about the stamina builds as well. The answer he gave wasn't that satisfactory and especially in light of the spell crafting system that apparently won't apply to weapon skills. He did say they have some other things planned for stamina based skills but I got the feeling that once again the stamina builds are going to suffer greatly in this new system.

It was also not promising that there was no mention of the underlying fact that dodge/block/interrupt/sprint all use stamina which fundamentally puts it at a disadvantage to magicka builds. Hopefully, they have some other cool system or changes in mind for stamina builds because other than that one issue I really liked the large majority of what they had to say in this panel.
    Edited by EQBallzz on July 19, 2014 8:37AM
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Raash wrote: »

I was a bit disappointed about the stamina builds as well. The answer he gave wasn't not that satisfactory and especially in light of the spell crafting system that apparently won't apply to weapon skills. He did say they have some other things planned for stamina based skills but I got the feeling that once again the stamina builds are going to suffer greatly in this new system.

It was also not promising that there was no mention of the underlying fact that dodge/block/interrupt/sprint all use stamina which fundamentally puts it at a disadvantage to magicka builds. Hopefully, they have some other cool system or changes in mind for stamina builds because other than that one issue I really liked the large majority of what they had to say in this panel.

Yeah I agree, im usually not that easy impressed by promised upcomming features without timestamps, but if they can pull this off it will be a much better game thats for sure.

• Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very cool.

I especially like: You can also be guards and hunt down players with bounty – active world PvP.

That is freakin amazing. Can't wait.
  • inf.toniceb17_ESO
    inf.toniceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty impressive list. Thank you OP.
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like that.

Not sure I get what you are saying. I didn't hear anything that sounded like you would need to roll alts for anything. He said the system is account-wide so if you earn 10 champion points on one character they will be available on all your characters. He said nothing about them being limited but in the example he gave they got progressively and significantly more expensive to purchase in each tree.

I just want to know, if my main has 10 passives, and I have 6 alts each with 10 different passives, is my main going to be able to just have 10 passives active with the option of the other 60, or all passive from all characters active at once?
    The latter would make alts a must, which would be pretty fail.

Edit. ... After watching again I'm sure it's available to other characters and not active, so you are limited to how many passive are active. Good. I'm excited now. Can't wait.
  • Ghenra
    Ghenra
    ✭✭✭
    The game needs at least IP, Justice System and better animations before october.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »
    I watched some of the Quakecon video on Youtube. It looks like they are busy working on moving the game forward. No visible signs of any reduced commitment to the game in terms of new features. Implementation will be where they will be tested as usual. Firor has a good team. ZOS must be keeping their lead devs busy in the lower depths of the coding mines. Unless it was the stage lighting, not one dev on the panel was sporting a suntan and it's only a week and a half after the Fourth of July. And the phrase "Do you even lift?" probably doesn't register much either. ;)

Real computer nerds don't NEED to "lift". They can change entire worlds around just with their minds!
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeni you just convinced me to stay subbed at least for 1 more year. Amazing stuff guys. Keep it up.
    Edited by AreoHotah on July 19, 2014 9:27AM
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    They stated that quest givers can't be killed only "civilians". I'm guessing there will still be lots of crates and things not in cities that won't be affected but yeah..all that free crate junk just got more valuable. Maybe a black market of onions will develop? DIBS ON THE NAME DAVOS THE ONION KNIGHT.

Thanks and good to know!
  • yarnevk
    yarnevk
    ✭✭✭
    So those skilling provisioning have to become thieves spending points on sneak passives or be subject to PVP as a PVE crafter or have to destroy the financial prospects of their profession with bounties/purchases?

Seems clear they did not get the message about VR that even those that asked to be able to play other alliances on the same character did not realize they would get the exact same content their alt already played on hard mode, that people expected more of an invasion/spy storyline to maintain the fiction for endgame PVP and recognize that they are a badass from having gone thru the main storyline. They still entirely ignore those who wanted to not have to play all three factions on every single alt. As I see it they are only changing the reward mechanic from VP to XP/CP and they are not changing any of the >50 storyline?
    Edited by yarnevk on July 19, 2014 2:53PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glass Armour........... YAY!!

The other stuff looks good too :p
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Mightylink
    Mightylink
    ✭✭✭
    Really nothing about the console version delay or when its coming out? Are we just going to pretend that never happend :S
    Mightylink - Nord Battlemage (Sorcerer)
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AreoHotah wrote: »
    Zeni you just convinced me to stay subbed at least for 1 more year. Amazing stuff guys. Keep it up.

The problem with that, they may not get any of this out until a year goes by. I wouldn't count all your chickens just yet.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked everything there apart from one thing !
    Having crafting stations that are only located in a PvP area ! Can see this meaning that only people who PvP will have access to the new styles OR the new styles will be sold at massively inflated prices.
    Hopefully the new motifs will cover these styles and make it more accessible for all the player-types !

:/

And to the OP... Great post ! +1
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really happy about the upcoming low-price respec! Hopefully it won't take a year or two to actually appear in-game ;)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• AleriSadasIndoril
    AleriSadasIndoril
    ✭✭✭
    agrees exactly @AreoHotah :) awesome stuff ZOS (*) (*) (*) (*) (*)

Aleri Sadas Indoril: - Sorcerer - Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
    Aléri Sadas Indoril: - Templar -Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
    Valérie Sadas Indoril: - Templar - Dunmer- Daggerfall Covenant
    Valérie Colomba: - Dragonknight - Redguard- Daggerfall Covenant
    S'sháni: - Nightblade - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion
    Shánij: - Templar - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion - Werewolf (immer einen Biss frei)
    Valéri Indoril - Templar - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem with that, they may not get any of this out until a year goes by. I wouldn't count all your chickens just yet.

Ofc i know that, and it's normal... Really alot of stuff there... I've also taken the game slowly, i'm only VR9 so...

Edited by AreoHotah on July 20, 2014 11:47AM
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other 6 posts weren't enough?

No this one does not suck, its understandable streamlined and your not the forum police.
  • Hathei
    Hathei
    ✭✭
    Thank you soo much for posting this! I missed the stream so it's nice to have it all in one place.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

Glass armor looks kind of bad though, at least not like previous glass armor and makes little sense given that glass armor was a armor type not style. Unless they're making it just a drop.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

Glass armor looks kind of bad though, at least not like previous glass armor and makes little sense given that glass armor was a armor type not style. Unless they're making it just a drop.

in single player TES games armor type and style were the same thing. So that's irrelevant.

Also, glass always kind of looked *** hum, Morrowind glass was cool for the time, what with the spikiness and such.

In Morrowind I ran around in full glass armor, save for wraithguard, with a daedric sword.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great update.

Pity this all wasn't in on release though, I imagine the launch would've been much better received. Still not enough to make me re-sub though unfortunately.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some fantastic eye candy, no doubt about it. I'm still more concerned about actual gameplay & technical aspects though. Also they need to redo the redo of Queen Ayrenn. She's got some serious buck teeth going there.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could swear I saw someone all in glass running around in the game yesterday, and later someone in "new colors". How is this possible? I didn't ask these players since I was staring for too long, then they were gone ;)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Mondo
    Mondo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im in Love!
    Im not the Hero you need, im the Troll you deserve!
    - Survived the WoW Pre LK Rogue Forum "Come at me Bro" -

L2P = Accept that DK is OP and stop complaining
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yarnevk wrote: »
    Seems clear they did not get the message about VR that even those that asked to be able to play other alliances on the same character did not realize they would get the exact same content their alt already played on hard mode, that people expected more of an invasion/spy storyline
    Anyone who thought that was an idiot, the game makes is totally clear by what Cadwell says when to take his Silver quest what the VR 'experience' is all about, as does what Meridia says at during the Coloured Room sequence about experiencing life as your enemies see it.

Yes, I know reading comprehension is difficult for some people.

And yes, they did get the message, sadly for you you're in the minority so they can't help.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 21, 2014 6:50AM