The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ESO Steam Key Request

Au1st3in
Au1st3in
✭✭
I already purchesed the Imperial Edition of Elder Scrolls Online and prefer to have all of my games on my Steam Account for easy access. Steam allows myself to easily unistall a game when im not playing to free up space and reinstall it. I however do not want to repurchase the game after already paying full price for the hard copy of the Imperial Edition that came with the Molag Bal Statue. Please allow existing users to get a steam key of there already owned game from there elder scrolls online account page.

Steam Disscusion: http://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/41973820665214933/
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already own ESO and would like to play via Steam, you can add your existing title to Steam. To do this, go to the “Games” option within Steam and select “Add Non-Steam Game to My Library.” Then, select the checkbox next to “The Elder Scrolls Online” and click “Add Selected Programs.”
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • nino_ix
    nino_ix
    Soul Shriven
    I'm sure that we mean we'd like the achievement progress, as well as, any card drops. We paid a premium fee and have continued subscribing through the months, and a steam key to activate the game properly feels very much warranted.

[edited redundancy]
    Edited by nino_ix on July 18, 2014 12:17AM
  • Au1st3in
    Au1st3in
    ✭✭
    If you already own ESO and would like to play via Steam, you can add your existing title to Steam. To do this, go to the “Games” option within Steam and select “Add Non-Steam Game to My Library.” Then, select the checkbox next to “The Elder Scrolls Online” and click “Add Selected Programs.”

I have already had ESO added as a Non-Steam Game, however I want my version on Steam so I may easily remove the game and reinstall it easily from my steam client. I would also like my ESO to count toward my steam game count, make a steam review, post my screenshots on ESO steam community, and add ESO to my steam profile as my favorite game. None of this can be done as a Non-Steam game added to your steam Library.
    Edited by Au1st3in on July 17, 2014 6:10PM
  • jenrey
    jenrey
    Soul Shriven

If you do that the only think you do is to add a shorcut icon to steam but do not add the full game to steam library, we want to have the option to migrate the entire game to steam library, so please give us the opportunity to do that.
  • Mithe
    Mithe
    ✭✭✭
    Without the game being activated/with the game running as a non-steam game we wont get access to Card drops, Achievements, Tracked progress, or ANYTHING that steam adds to the game apart from the overlay, isn't the fully compatible/supported version and has issues.

Please don't treat existing customers like this.
    Edited by Mithe on July 18, 2014 12:18AM
    Mithe-VR14 NB
    Apantos-Vr5 Templar
    Ashix Flamereave - DK levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
    Apantos Mithe- Sorc levelling to 50 before lvl cap drop
  • duckweed
    duckweed
    X2. The perk would be nice as well considering we received a crab and a monkey for buying early where as the option to have a dog would be way cooler.
  • DarkThunder
    DarkThunder
    Soul Shriven
    I have been in contact with a Zenimax Customer support person. They claim the issue is not their doing but that Steam is insisting on charging for another key so we can use Steam's features. They told me we should be directing our requests towards Steam.

Anyway it was something.
  • Cabius
    Cabius

I think we all agree, this is not good enough. We want out ESO to be actual steam games. We have been loyal right from the start, paying the monthly fee, buying the imperial edition, ETC. I am sure if enough of us want it you guys will do the right thing.

;)
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I signed the petition
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • moloTov
    moloTov
    If my game is transferred to steam, are all updates done via the steam system, and the buggey eso launcher is gone for good? please please say yes!
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Write any cost of doing this off against a marketing budget.

Look at the negative reviews on the Steam boards, that is hitting your sales. I would write a honest review from my point of view that will certainly give people a more balanced view.

This is a bit of an oversight by your community management team (assuming there is one) which needs rectified. I would not consider this a "nice to have" if I were in your shoes.

Please do not mistake this as an overly emotional ranting player, there are clear business benefits for you doing this as a mater of some urgency.
    Edited by Titansteele on July 18, 2014 11:07AM
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • KittyMauge
    No. Both the steam and the bethesda version updates and uses the same launcher.

Source:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/306130/discussions/0/41973820663562936/
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    I have been in contact with a Zenimax Customer support person. They claim the issue is not their doing but that Steam is insisting on charging for another key so we can use Steam's features. They told me we should be directing our requests towards Steam.

Anyway it was something.

that sounds familiar....oh yes, "it's not our fault that your game hasn't been shipped yet, we sent you a early access key, but the real game key is physically located in the box. Please direct your inquiry towards the retailer you ordered your' physical edition...
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Kanvindr
    Kanvindr

Anyway it was something.

***.. They already provide the service for many publishers, including bethesda products.
  • DarkThunder
    DarkThunder
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with what you are saying, just repeating what I was told. It seemed unlikely that such is the case since Valve has been doing this stuff for years with a lot of games and their companies.

This is just a guess, but I think it is more of a matter that Valve charges a fee to issue keys through Steam and Zenimax doesn't want to pay for hundreds of thousands to potentially millions of keys for pre-existing customers. I also think Titansteele is absolutely correct in that they should write off the expense for the sake of good customer relations.

I also realize that if this is the case, stating to "write it off" is easy to say when you aren't the one paying for it
    Edited by DarkThunder on July 18, 2014 12:57PM
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ri_Dariit wrote: »

Anyway it was something.

that sounds familiar....oh yes, "it's not our fault that your game hasn't been shipped yet, we sent you a early access key, but the real game key is physically located in the box. Please direct your inquiry towards the retailer you ordered your' physical edition...

***>>>"They claim the issue is not their doing but that Steam is insisting on charging for another key so we can use Steam's features."

Thanks Ri but guess what?

THEY KNEW that was the conditions set by Steam, they oh, maybe COULD HAVE GUESSED how the majority of original subbers might react, and yet instead of applying pressure in their negotiations, they caved and went with it.

Same exact thing as saying: "We agree and want to go forward in compliance with the points being made by Steam."
    And now in response to sincere inquiry from customers like YOU, the issue is being pawned off on Steam, whose shoulders are obviously broader and stronger.

(*) Bunch of b.s. (*)
    Edited by Anastasia on July 18, 2014 11:17PM
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    @Anastasia‌,

I'm slightly confused if you are agreeing or the opposite in regards. While I do understand the point you're making in regards to contracts and requirements (all those steam bonuses such as in game steam chat, trading cards, etc) are great "incentives" in the eyes for steam to lure customers in purchasing another edition (and the possibility of merging toons to other accounts) therefore making money.

Yet, I wasn't pointing out a pro-or con approach on the topic, only stating that this sounds awfully familiar to a previous problem, henceforth, some weird lesson of "research" wasn't considered again.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Anastasia‌,

I'm slightly confused if you are agreeing or the opposite in regards. While I do understand the point you're making in regards to contracts and requirements (all those steam bonuses such as in game steam chat, trading cards, etc) are great "incentives" in the eyes for steam to lure customers in purchasing another edition (and the possibility of merging toons to other accounts) therefore making money.

Yet, I wasn't pointing out a pro-or con approach on the topic, only stating that this sounds awfully familiar to a previous problem, henceforth, some weird lesson of "research" wasn't considered again.

Good point Ri. For the record I think this reeks, though it seems unsurprising in light of many recent decisions by ZOS, which would have been surprising even up to a few weeks ago. There are MUCH more important issues one might think would be garnering hundreds and hundreds of posts.

• Kanvindr
    Kanvindr
    I agree with what you are saying, just repeating what I was told. It seemed unlikely that such is the case since Valve has been doing this stuff for years with a lot of games and their companies.

This is just a guess, but I think it is more of a matter that Valve charges a fee to issue keys through Steam and Zenimax doesn't want to pay for hundreds of thousands to potentially millions of keys for pre-existing customers. I also think Titansteele is absolutely correct in that they should write off the expense for the sake of good customer relations.

I also realize that if this is the case, stating to "write it off" is easy to say when you aren't the one paying for it

They do. They charge 1$ + 7 cents per gb the user downloads. Well thats the deal they have with humble bundle anyways.
    Edited by Kanvindr on July 18, 2014 1:32PM
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anyway it was something.

There are many people who are willing to pay for the key. A few people have already said they would pay upwards of $20 for the Steam key.
    :trollin:
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kanvindr wrote: »

They do. They charge 1$ + 7 cents per gb the user downloads. Well thats the deal they have with humble bundle anyways.

Not everyone is going to use the Steam key. Having customers on Steam is a great investment for ZOS from a marketing perspective. People buy games that they see their friends playing. I have done it on Steam before. It's just short sighted for ZOS not to see the investment. There is no better form of marketing than word of mouth.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »

Anyway it was something.

***>>>"They claim the issue is not their doing but that Steam is insisting on charging for another key so we can use Steam's features."

Thanks Ri but guess what?

THEY KNEW that was the conditions set by Steam, they oh, maybe COULD HAVE GUESS how the majority of original subbers might react, and yet instead of applying pressure in their negotiations, they caved and went with it.

Same exact thing as saying: "We agree and want to go forward in compliance with the points being made by Steam."
    And now in response to sincere inquiry from customers like YOU, the issue is being pawned off on Steam, whose shoulders are obviously broader and stronger.

(*) Bunch of b.s. (*)

They are only going to make this situation worse if they try to pass the blame onto Valve. They really need to step up and take responsibility, apologize for the short sightedness, and offer some sort of resolution other than "add it to your non Steam library".
  • DarkThunder
    DarkThunder
    Soul Shriven
    There are many people who are willing to pay for the key. A few people have already said they would pay upwards of $20 for the Steam key.

Anyone know what happens if you buy the key through Steam then try to use your existing account?

I find such an option undesirable as I have already paid full price for the game and for my subscription.

Here is where they are really losing out though, I like many of the people who have been playing it before the Steam release, love the game and would have good reviews to post. There are already several "It isn't Skyrim" bad reviews which are ridiculous because it is obviously not and it couldn't be. There are things that can't be done in multiplayer let alone massive multiplayer.

For an advertising and public relations standpoint, they should look at getting the existing players keys for Steam as an investment opportunity in good publicity.

• icengr_ESO
    icengr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    you are all in luck! if you want a key, eso is half off! and you get a dog to boot! other than that I believe the term is SOL.
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    Signing this as well, I paid premium fee for imperial edition waaay before the game even was launched... certainly would like my account to work 100% on steam without having to pay for the game twice...
  • cparker15
    cparker15
    ✭✭
    I've taken one for the team and paid for the game a second time via Steam, despite having pre-ordered the Imperial edition and having made it mid-way through Cadwell's Gold.

There doesn't seem to be a way to add the code you receive via Steam (referred to as "The Elder Scrolls Online CD key") to an existing ESO account via the ESO store. The only code-redemption area I've found displays this error when I paste the Steam-based code into the form and submit:

"You do not qualify for this product"

So, it looks like if I want to redeem this code, get the game time, and get the dog vanity pet, I need to start over from scratch and create a brand new ESO account. Otherwise, I've basically just destroyed $50.

LAME! Way to make enemies, ZOS!
  • nino_ix
    nino_ix
    Soul Shriven
    cparker15 wrote: »
    I've taken one for the team and paid for the game a second time via Steam, despite having pre-ordered the Imperial edition and having made it mid-way through Cadwell's Gold.

There doesn't seem to be a way to add the code you receive via Steam (referred to as "The Elder Scrolls Online CD key") to an existing ESO account via the ESO store. The only code-redemption area I've found displays this error when I paste the Steam-based code into the form and submit:

"You do not qualify for this product"

So, it looks like if I want to redeem this code, get the game time, and get the dog vanity pet, I need to start over from scratch and create a brand new ESO account. Otherwise, I've basically just destroyed $50.

LAME! Way to make enemies, ZOS!

That is beyond ridiculous! So, if we achieve nothing by forming a petition and getting Zenimax's attention, and we decide to pay for the game a second time, we'd still be incapacitated in the way of linking the Steam key to our previous master account.

I can't even believe that. That's a serious oversight and/or bit of negligence on behalf of Zenimax and Valve/Steam.
  • jovial
    jovial
    ✭✭
    Get it right Zenimax, this is just stupid.
This discussion has been closed.