Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Dragon Knights Online

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it is funny that there is another thread about sorc's.

You think it is funny that some DK saw this thread and decided to copy it in hopes that his class remains overpowered by deflecting some of the heat to another class?
    magnusnet wrote: »

In big zerg fights, I see sorcerers getting in with bolt, one shoting some pugs, then spaming swarm & elemental explosion before rushing a far away player with Invasion & bolting out again, having killed 4 people in the process.

It is crap like what I quoted above that annoys me so much.

One shots? Elemental explosion? WTF are you talking about?
    Edited by Erock25 on July 16, 2014 3:50PM
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play Nightblade
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »
    It is becoming more and more obvious.

Yesterday I had dozens of fights against zergs full on nothing but DKs. I see more DKs out in Cyrodiil than all the other classes. While leveling my alt yesterday I saw nothing but DKs in the level 40 zone. Raids are recruiting for DK only trials. People selling their accounts advertise their DKs as a main selling point.

I don't blame people really. It would be nice to be able to be a baddie and still be very competitive, but it hurts the game diversity. The past DK nerfs missed the core issues with the class.

When will ZOS fix class balance?

LOL i have a DK VR 12 ID rather play my sorc the DK is *** there is a one trick spec thats it and im not interested in ULTI building and dropping banners. As far as tanks go my sorc is far more effective. Simply because a tank is not a tank in this game its a DPS with a taunt and in that reguard Sorc has far better ranged and better CC

Sorcs can't tank (take a beating) as well as a dk with scales and green dragon blood. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

Strange how I've just been playing at VR12 with a number of different Sorceror tanks. I should tell them they're doing it wrong.

Every class can fill every role.

Yes, have them enlighten us on how they take less damage than a dk with green dragon blood and scales.

That is not even the core issue. DKs are op because they can tank while putting up top damage.
    Ill enlighten you as i have both A dk and a sorc both Veteran rank and both Tanks my DK is V 12 and my Sorc is V 7.

With my Dk wearing full heavy armor my Spell resistance is 39 over Cap in heavy and a bit more in light. Green dragon blood is usefull in a couple of kiting fights in VR content where you LOS the healer or get out of range that is it. Scales works great for 2 Fights Shada and PVP. Both the sorc and the DK mitigate the same amount of damage though my sorc is in light . Even using DK armor buff my armor is only 800 over cap. FYI i moved my DK to light armor now he is more effective like that.

With my sorc using Ageis in light armor my armor is higher then my DK wearing a full heavy set. as i don't trait my armor for additional armor. Additionly when i run Storm armor now my Armor rating is 1200 over Cap where as my DK is only 800. on top of a 1200 over cap spell resistance lol. if i need a heal in kit fights i have a resto staff swap and can heal myself far more effectively then my DK with GDB . Now the only place my DK excels is one spec that i dont use. its fire rune with a dot Banner ulti building spec. that spec allows for some really good ST DPS that i cant match with my sorc.

Now with that out of the way the sorc excels with better mitigation lol in light armor.Has the best CC in game hands down it is a trash pull controller nothing beats it. On top of having ranged AOE DPS Ranged ST DPS and they very best magica management the Game can offer. Dk survivability went out the window with a heavy handed dev team reacting to a couple of videos and some very whinny PVP'rs. the only thing i can think of is you dont PVE that much and definately don't tank VR content. DK are very good PVP sure, but its primarily Preying upon slower unskilled players that don't PVP much . The truth is i was clearing VR 10 dungeons with my sorc when he was VR 3 and my guild groups actually request the sorc for tanking as the run will get done faster and cleaner.

I Have already offered to demonstrate by taking you through any VR dungeon you chose and our healers can explain to you how and why the Sorc excels at magic mitigation and CC and how that impacts group play. And dont start with the you dont know how to play a DK crap, im VR 12 tanked most of AA and have every working VR dungeon achievements. And the reason I am not currently doing trials. is because all my guilds have emptied due to the broken state of end game. and the on spec trick for all the classes. Not trying to argue but if your not in VR content you should know the truth before you get there.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorcerers whining about DK's.......too funny.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is the only class that can solo charge into a cluster of players and survive to tell the story.

Other classes do have equally useful abilities and purposes in PvP, no doubt. But players likes to feel strong, as in not dying even though multiple people are attacking them, making DK a very popular class since it comes with superior face-tanking tools.

I also feel DK is the most played class. It surely looks that way out on the battlefield. The kill DK class quest also finishes faster than the other 3 ones.

But this attitude is also a bit problematic. What I mean is all these dudes measuring "best class" or individual skill based on how many players they can face-tank in PvP lol. My sorcerers Negate Magic will wipe way more raids than a Standard for example. My Templar is probably the most useful class in the game (for PvP groups), if you look at the bigger picture.
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eliisra wrote: »
    DK is the only class that can solo charge into a cluster of players and survive to tell the story.
    Exactly. DK isn't necessarily overpowered in 1v1. It's overpowered in 20v20.
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is becoming more and more obvious.

Yesterday I had dozens of fights against zergs full on nothing but DKs. I see more DKs out in Cyrodiil than all the other classes. While leveling my alt yesterday I saw nothing but DKs in the level 40 zone. Raids are recruiting for DK only trials. People selling their accounts advertise their DKs as a main selling point.

I don't blame people really. It would be nice to be able to be a baddie and still be very competitive, but it hurts the game diversity. The past DK nerfs missed the core issues with the class.

When will ZOS fix class balance?

Are you sure you didn't see a sorc in a stick and a dress and mistake it for a DK?

Everyone is rolling sorc atm, levelling areas are littered with them.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other classes do have equally useful abilities and purposes in PvP, no doubt. But players likes to feel strong, as in not dying even though multiple people are attacking them, making DK a very popular class since it comes with superior face-tanking tools.

I also feel DK is the most played class. It surely looks that way out on the battlefield. The kill DK class quest also finishes faster than the other 3 ones.

But this attitude is also a bit problematic. What I mean is all these dudes measuring "best class" or individual skill based on how many players they can face-tank in PvP lol. My sorcerers Negate Magic will wipe way more raids than a Standard for example. My Templar is probably the most useful class in the game (for PvP groups), if you look at the bigger picture.
    the only thing that dictates your survive ability is sword and shield and buffs, and stacking health. the shield charge comes from SNS . All classes can do that, the DK gets no bonus to mitigation, or health bonus's . Green dragon blood will give you a few more seconds of life but thats because people are slow

• DanteVFenris
    DanteVFenris
    ✭✭✭
    There are some people who use none of their class skill lines. I'm a night blade and I personally only have 2. And I bet there's tons of people who go solely on weapon or guild skills
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the only thing that dictates your survive ability is sword and shield and buffs, and stacking health. the shield charge comes from SNS . All classes can do that, the DK gets no bonus to mitigation, or health bonus's . Green dragon blood will give you a few more seconds of life but thats because people are slow
    No, you rush in with shield charge, then put on flappy wings with syrabane. Then, drop banner so no one dares to melee you.

Better, yet, have two DKs do it at once, and have both stack banners together.

Meanwhile, all the sorcs on the other side are forced to retreat. Yeah they can channel resto heavy attack, which barely does anything to you.
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys should seriously start using CC abilities.
    William Reignes
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

No, you rush in with shield charge, then put on flappy wings with syrabane. Then, drop banner so no one dares to melee you.

Meanwhile, all the sorcs on the other side are forced to retreat. Yeah they can channel resto heavy attack, which barely does anything to you.

thats a problem with the ultimate there is a counter for it it called move and range
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Range" is not a good counter to reflective scales.

"Move" is not a fair counter. First, if the DKs charge right into the middle of your group, there will be people who are unable move out, since behind the DKs are enemy spellcasters who will be shooting at you. Second, to have an entire group people move in response to 2 DKs is clearly imbalanced.
    Edited by Aeratus on July 16, 2014 5:26PM
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thread needs to be deleted there is a f2p game called Dragon Knights Online;

1342085958.png

• TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ill say it once and ill continue to say it....

Its funny all these so called OP magic users get stunning locked because they are running around with 1500 stamina and light armor.

Yet stamina is underpowered right?

I have no issues with DKs.
    William Reignes
  • Adelwulf
    Adelwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

thats a problem with the ultimate there is a counter for it it called move and range

A sorc could use Negate Magic to counter the banners
  • Adelwulf
    Adelwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I think it is funny that there is another thread about sorc's.

You think it is funny that some DK saw this thread and decided to copy it in hopes that his class remains overpowered by deflecting some of the heat to another class?

DK is not OP
    Edited by Adelwulf on July 16, 2014 8:07PM