The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Favorite ESO voice actors?

• KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think VO acting takes a special skill that neither Bill Nighy or John Cleese possess. Stale, scripted and monotone, the pair of them.

Currently enjoying the likes of Damien Gautier and also Bumnog (The Daggers).

Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I must agree with @KariTR the professional voice actors, are better than the "normal" actors.

Btw does anyone knows which actress gives voice to Shazah?
    Options
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Lost track of the NPC name and don't know who the voice actor is if different from other Khajiit voices used but I loved the Khajiit NPC 'side-kick' who was one of the Queen's Eyes you meet early on starting out in Auridon. If one were to pose humorous clips of the several voices mentioned so far in this thread in a Poll I would be very hard-pressed to vote my favorite.

Edit: Yes, I'm thinking 'Raz' is the one--Razum-dar. Is that voice used for some of the other Khajiits that sound similar? Who is the actor that does that voice?
    Edited by RatsnevE on July 14, 2014 6:29PM
    Options
  • Lucifer66
    Lucifer66
    ✭✭
    I like Bill Nighy - High King Emeric. I have liked his voice ever since I saw him play Viktor in Underworld. He has a very noble and calming sound to his voice, yet he can be very stern and commanding when needed, that makes him perfect for the role of a king.
    My concern can be measured in micro-give-a-craps.
    Options
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For male voices the Prophet and Raz. I love Raz.

For the women definitely Queen Ayrenn
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
    Options
  • Gothic
    Gothic
    ✭✭✭
    Jim Cummings and Jennifer Hale. It's nice to see Minsc and Dynaheir together again. But seriously, these two voice actors are wonderfully talented.

Kate Beckinsale made a dreamy Quenn Ayrenn too. Molina nailed Abner Tharn brilliantly.
    Options
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever does the voice for the Ayleid ghosts. Gives me goosebumps in a good way.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
    Options
  • rbenkepub19_ESO
    rbenkepub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There's a guy whose voice reminds me of Tim Russ (Tuvok, Star Trek Voyager), so much so that I looked up Tim Russ on IMDB the other day. Turns out he's done quite a bit of voice work for games, but not this one. Anyway, whoever that is, he's one of my favs.
    Options
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Star Trek Chick.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another good one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Pph1hJNIY

Also I thought these two were great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb0-8CEKHAw
    Edited by Phinix1 on July 18, 2014 12:59PM
    Options
  • Raash
    Raash
    ✭✭✭✭
    whoever made the voice as the old ancient talking tree in some quest. It was mindblowing and so disturbing i couldnt help but laugh for real. sounds more like a 15 year old reading a text without any feeling into it. kind of awesome, impossible to forget or miss anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=cRb1HXKkUuI
    Edited by Raash on July 18, 2014 1:04PM
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ozm8ey wrote: »
    is Sheogorath in eso the same actor from Oblivion?

Nope.
    Adeona wrote: »
    I was disappointed too when I heard the new Sheogorath. From what I understand the voice actor that played Sheogorath in Oblivion and Skyrim, Wes Johnson, wanted to voice the character again for ESO but they never asked him. You can check out his Twitter @WesJohnsonVoice, he mentions it and retweets when people ask him about it.

Shoddycast confirms also.

But this voice actor is fun too.
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a guy whose voice reminds me of Tim Russ (Tuvok, Star Trek Voyager), so much so that I looked up Tim Russ on IMDB the other day. Turns out he's done quite a bit of voice work for games, but not this one. Anyway, whoever that is, he's one of my favs.

IKR! I did the same thing last month. He did a nice job on ESO.
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Kate Beckinsale - Queen Ayrenn. A progressive voice amongst reactionaries. Strong yet slightly vulnerable. Perfect performance.
    2. All the Khajiit. Dynamic, highly entertaining and really well written.
    3. Malcolm McDowell - Molag Bal. Dark Anchor sounds and visuals elicit a visceral response. That touch of Little Mo makes them one of my favorite ESO experiences.
    Options
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the actors does the voice of the Templar follower on Diablo 3. I always get a kick out of that.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    One of the actors does the voice of the Templar follower on Diablo 3. I always get a kick out of that.

Also, the gentleman who does the voice of the male blood elves in WoW, and the rogue in Diablo 3 is always fun to hear. "That's how we do it in Kings Port!" XD

Another of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9BFLEhk4pM
    Options
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of them that I really like. I don't know if I could narrow it down to just a few. I smile every time I find an NPC with a voice I recognize from Skyrim.

One of my favorites is Linda Carter who does the voice of Azura.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
    Options
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ri_Dariit wrote: »
    Morgan Freeman.

( Zenimax pls )

As much as all would like to hear that, I have doubts there is no epic enough character on Nirn to be voiced by him.

I wonder what Akatosh sounds like...
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kate Beckinsale... because... art. Courtenay Taylor as well.... (she did the voice of Jack from Mass Effect 2/3). But there's tons of Khajiti ones I find extremely amusing... overall I like all of them. Sheogorath, Cadwell, etc.. all voice acted with excellence!
    Options
  • Adelwulf
    Adelwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Queen Ayrenn and Cadwell
    Options
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubts-the-Moon, the Argonian. It's so 'human' yet... not. It's perfect.
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sees-All-Colors's voice actor, she's brilliant!

She voices some other argonians and a few orc ladies, :)

Also Molag Bal, Queen Ayrenn, The Prophet and Lyris! :)
    Edited by Maotti on July 23, 2014 8:06PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Reezal-Jul's voice is perfect.. stunted Argonian, yet sinister...
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    There are a lot of them that I really like. I don't know if I could narrow it down to just a few. I smile every time I find an NPC with a voice I recognize from Skyrim.

Had no idea that was her. Makes since she would have a part being how her husband is chairman & CEO.
    Options
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    All Argonians and Khajiits! ;)
    + Malukah as a bard!
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
    Options
  • Eatitapple
    Eatitapple
    ✭✭
    ill tell you one thing my favorite voice actor isn't this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnW4CAgKAP4
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malcolm McDowell's voice creeps me the hell out.

I had to look up who he was - I got him confused with Roddy.

Now, I've never seen the movie, "A Clockwork Orange", but I read it in high school for a book report. Boy, that was kind of a mistake; once I figured out the lingo ...... so, that's why I've never seen the movie.

So, when I was looking him up, I saw him on some talk show; he seemed pleasant enough and not very threatening. Then I came across a clip of "ACO", in amongst a bunch of "best ad-libbed stuff from movies". He actually ad-libbed a song called "Singing in the *this word will be censored but it sounds kind of like rain, yeah*". Jeeezus!

His normal speaking voice sounds nothing like Molag Bal. What pit of hell does he pull that up from?! And now that they fixed the sound files for dolmens, I can actually hear what he's saying. JEEZUS!

Awesomely creepy voice acting.

I love Tharn's snarkiness. Had to look that guy up too, lol.

Options
  • Miflett
    Miflett
    ✭✭✭
    I really loved Alfred Molina's performance of Abnur Tharn. I love the way in which he talks, almost as if everything he says is just leading you on to some bigger plan brewing in his mind.
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evergnar wrote: »
    Tabbycat wrote: »

Had no idea that was her. Makes since she would have a part being how her husband is chairman & CEO.

Oh? I think it's good enough that she's Wonder Woman. Always will be, to me.

"My 26th husband used to call me wonder woman. He used to wonder if I was a woman." - Broom-Hilda
    -
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on July 23, 2014 10:05PM
    Options
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Enchantment guy.
    Options