The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Zerg Balling and Forward Camps...We've seen this before *grin*

• krim
    krim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With or with out AoE caps... There are still going to be ZERG BALL AOE... Single targeting them down 1 by 1 is not going to work lmao... jesus
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who don't know what Zerg Balling is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Is9SVgy_M

how can u NOT morph dragon blood to green dragon blood.
    other morph so incredible bad

but despites that i totally agree with your post.
    current pvp gameplay and the resoluting tactics are far from fun.
    gj matt ;)

Hate to get off topic, but I have an answer for this

Because i usually run full Medium, and i'm overcapped on Stamina regen already, therefor Green Dragon Blood doesn't do much for me. While the other Dragon Blood Morph gives me Armor and Resist, and if i'm being hit at the time, Those are usually the two things I want.

Might want to change that for update 3 since those regen caps are all increasing.

But on topic In some ways removing the aoe cap would suck without also nerfing impulse and the few other unblockable totally spammable aoe's along with it, such as capping how many targets hit would give you ultimate, and imo impulse could use a cast time for reals. They still need to remove the caps, but they would have to do other things a long with that or else Impulse and some other AOE is still going to be the go-to and these zerg balls will still exsist.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on July 15, 2014 10:30PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

gj matt ;)

Because i usually run full Medium, and i'm overcapped on Stamina regen already, therefor Green Dragon Blood doesn't do much for me. While the other Dragon Blood Morph gives me Armor and Resist, and if i'm being hit at the time, Those are usually the two things I want.

Might want to change that for update 3 since those regen caps are all increasing.

But on topic In some ways removing the aoe cap would suck without also nerfing impulse and the few other unblockable totally spammable aoe's along with it, such as capping how many targets hit would give you ultimate, and imo impulse could use a cast time for reals. They still need to remove the caps, but they would have to do other things a long with that or else Impulse and some other AOE is still going to be the go-to and these zerg balls will still exsist.

I probably am, I'm going to wait and see though.

• DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭

gj matt ;)

well sorry for another offtopic question - but why do u use medium armor with that skillset? ^^

and actually i highly doubt that the 2 seconds resistance from the other morph are worth it..
    Edited by DontBeAfraid on July 15, 2014 11:01PM
    Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

gj matt ;)

well sorry for another offtopic question - but why do u use medium armor with that skillset? ^^

and actually i highly doubt that the 2 seconds resistance from the other morph are worth it..

It levels up, I think its 4 or 6 seconds at level 4

I'll have to check
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »

They need to make forward camps only respawnable inside their range and you should have to be a group member.

That would cause irritation. Can´t see this being good in practise. Maybe in theory but too many question marks what good this would bring to PvP. Forward camps are best used in right moment. Sometimes it doesn´t work or it gets burned. But limiting who can use them isn´t improving mood in the battle field.

About AoE cap I have no idea. I solo and most of the time enjoy blasting enemies running in tight formation spamming their destro staff. It isn´t even hard to get out of their way. They don´t care if there isn´t an easy group of players who they can kill.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way DAOC treated respawn. You go back to your 'realm' and wait to be ported back. Bummer when the guy you just killed returns in 15 seconds. I don't want to see his face for a minimum 15 min!

Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
  • dennis.schmelzleb16_ESO
    krim wrote: »
    With or with out AoE caps... There are still going to be ZERG BALL AOE... Single targeting them down 1 by 1 is not going to work lmao... jesus

Why not? At least bring them down to half their manpower.

An example of a 24 impulse raid against two small groups.
    A group of five can spike down a player within 2 seconds. (Or maybe less)
    Two groups with 5 man could kill 8 people within 8 seconds making 1/3 of their manpower.

Of course they can come back to rezz them and it will work (if one person gets rezzed by 2-3 people at the same time to avoid the rezzers getting spiked too.) But in the end it would cost them another 2-3 people who got spiked and need to be rezzed.

You cant wipe them, but you can at least make them much weaker or stop them from moving around cause they always have to stop and rezz people.
    If they move on without rezzing they will end with only a few people left.
    Edited by dennis.schmelzleb16_ESO on July 16, 2014 7:25AM
  • DontBeAfraid
    DontBeAfraid
    ✭✭✭

Two groups with 5 man could kill 8 people within 8 seconds making 1/3 of their manpower.

Of course they can come back to rezz them and it will work (if one person gets rezzed by 2-3 people at the same time to avoid the rezzers getting spiked too.) But in the end it would cost them another 2-3 people who got spiked and need to be rezzed.

You cant wipe them, but you can at least make them much weaker or stop them from moving around cause they always have to stop and rezz people.

NO.
    Apperently u have never met a coordinated well playing zergball.
    if they play correctly and move on top of each other there is NO way to single dps someone down.

try to charge in with your 8 ppl. then u get hit by 1 firering from each player at the same time instantly after u arrived at your target.
    24x~250dmg = 6000 dmg. enjoy taking this in your face and try to "focus something down" after that.

i'd say your 8 man just lie on the ground.
    Marlic - Dragonknight - VR12 - Aldmeri Dominion - PvP Rank 29 - Ex-Emperor on Dawnbreaker - EU

• Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dontbeafraid ... You are forgetting something... skill. Skilled people don't normally run with a zerg. Basing it off that the smaller organised groups are normally more skilled (going by passed games).

With target caps removed it will be skill > numbers (to a point) obviously 8 people could have problems with 50 people but it's still possible.
    Edited by Nijjion on July 16, 2014 1:05PM
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back the respawn mechanics from Daoc!

As for bomb groups, 8 'so-called-skilled' players should have no problem blowing up those 'so-called-unskilled-uncoordinated-easymode' aoe groups. One would think. Problem solved! Forums go silent!

There is a ginormous blueberry group (easily 50+) on Wabba that rolls around. I don't doubt they have pugs following but looking over the ledge of a tower, I thought it was a lake.

Some might think "Eeep! Run for your lives!".
    I thought to myself "Mmmm AP! Fun"

I guess it's all perspective
    Edited by quakedawg_ESO on July 16, 2014 1:36PM
    Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »
    so.... if one group like that runs at another group like that..... what happens?

It makes me think of Braveheart, heh.

I think another reason to stay close like that is for buffs/heals

I watched Eminent gaming guilds use an impulse group try to counter an impulse Ebonhart Pact group last night at a resource...it looked like a school of fish eating another school of fish.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rallick71 wrote: »
    The Zerg ball like that really isn't accomplishing anything but being a nuisance.

They aren't taking any Keeps to help their team at all. Just stay away from them. If they actually 'try' to be useful and take a Keep with Siege...hit them then.

So what your sayign is impulse groups dont carry siege? Have you been to Wabbajack?
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• dennis.schmelzleb16_ESO

NO.
    if they play correctly and move on top of each other there is NO way to single dps someone down.

try to charge in with your 8 ppl. then u get hit by 1 firering from each player at the same time instantly after u arrived at your target.
    24x~250dmg = 6000 dmg. enjoy taking this in your face and try to "focus something down" after that.

Seems like you comprehended something wrong in my post.

I was talking about assist mechanic.
    I know atm its impossible, but with an assist mechanic AND skill its possible.

I know what Iam speaking about I was in a guild who defeated Red Guard in GW2 4 times at 9 open field fights.

There are always some people standing a bit outside even if it is only 2 mtrs.
    Only the best groups run around with everyone inside a 3 meter radius all the time.

Now you need very good coordination and reaction time.
    The leader gets a target into softlock, shouts "spike" and the others have to get his target, aim at it and shoot within seconds.
    Hard but possible.

And it should be hard, even for a coordinated spike group to defeat a coordinated ball.

The less coordinated the ball is the easier it is to target sheeps that are a few meters away from the herd.
    Even good groups have this especially when changing directions.

Again: assist mechanic means others can get the target of the group leader through hotkey.
    They.still have to aim at it but at least they all have the same target in softlock within a second.

Running into a zergball, or trying to spike without assist mechanic is stupid and impossible I know, but with assist mechanic its possible. Still much skill involved.

Edit:
    And you dont run in there even with assist mechanic. You circle them spiking them with range attacks.
    Edited by dennis.schmelzleb16_ESO on July 16, 2014 3:34PM
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A better target assist mechanic would be a huge improvement

• nelsonus_ESO
    nelsonus_ESO
    ✭✭
    Nijjion wrote: »
    Having now watched the video, it's annoying yes, but easily counterable with another organised guild. Done it plenty of times with zerg balls.

Unfortunately it seems like DC were randoms with no coordination on a large scale.

Then you get this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hyK9tLzG5o

This should really be the end of this conversation. This PVP looks so unfun, i feel bad for everyone involved.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    aksyong wrote: »
    You're the clueless guy. Prior to the implementation of AoE cap, I can wipe a group of 30 with just a sorc and a dk.
    It seems you don't realize that almost every single AoE ability in ESO already had a cap. The only thing that changed is that several overlooked abilities were brought in line with the already present AoE cap. Barely anything actually changed in regard to AoE caps. Talk about clueless...

It's not about 'defending' these paintrains, it's about people that, instead of actually changing their tactics when it comes to dealing with these groups rather spend their time on the forums whining about it.
    they "whine" on the forusm, because there is not very much that can be done about it:/ if its a "bad" group doing this, then yes, you may be able to beat them. but if the people doing these "zerg balls" know how to do it properly, all you can do is avoid it and hope they run out of magicka, then jump them(heck, I may have just listed how to beat it! :/) the problem with it, is it is so powerful, yet has so few counters, besides running away from it.

I don't think it ruins PvP like a lot of people seem to think, but it is very annoying to encounter people doing this, as, again, there are not may things you can do about it, besides avoid it, and hope they don't run you over
    Edited by Cody on July 18, 2014 2:44AM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. It doesn't ruin PVP for me at all. I also agree that it is annoying to deal with.

It doesn't bother me because I knew it was going to happen eventually. I came to ESO from GW2 and I spent most of my time in WvW, so I am already used to the stacking thing.

It was easier to counter in GW2 because defensive and support abilities were cheaper and more powerful, and CC didn't absolutely rule you. Sure CC was strong in GW2, but between Protection, Swiftness, and Stability, you could AoE give your group at least a fighting chance to out maneuver your opponents. In ESO, you are just stuck, and the break CC animation is so slow and unreactive that you die trying to get out of CC and move.

IMO a reliable stability mechanic would go a long way toward mitigating the problem.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 18, 2014 3:38AM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NO.

Seems like you comprehended something wrong in my post.

I was talking about assist mechanic.
    I know atm its impossible, but with an assist mechanic AND skill its possible.

I know what Iam speaking about I was in a guild who defeated Red Guard in GW2 4 times at 9 open field fights.

There are always some people standing a bit outside even if it is only 2 mtrs.
    Only the best groups run around with everyone inside a 3 meter radius all the time.

Now you need very good coordination and reaction time.
    The leader gets a target into softlock, shouts "spike" and the others have to get his target, aim at it and shoot within seconds.
    Hard but possible.

And it should be hard, even for a coordinated spike group to defeat a coordinated ball.

The less coordinated the ball is the easier it is to target sheeps that are a few meters away from the herd.
    Even good groups have this especially when changing directions.

Again: assist mechanic means others can get the target of the group leader through hotkey.
    They.still have to aim at it but at least they all have the same target in softlock within a second.

Running into a zergball, or trying to spike without assist mechanic is stupid and impossible I know, but with assist mechanic its possible. Still much skill involved.

Edit:
    And you dont run in there even with assist mechanic. You circle them spiking them with range attacks.

You really bring up beating scrubs (red guard) zerg versus zerg who never ever were skilled enough to break into top 100 teamQ leaderboard, where individual skill actually counts? Now that`s funny.

Sorry, but those guys you brag to have beaten, couldn`t stand seconds when they attempted leaving the spawn without their flock. Coordination top, player skill flop.

Running circles spammin AE while following a commander icon is not skill, sorry to break it to you. But I heard VoTF is really good at grinding mobs to v12!
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy