The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 3 Preview Video"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 3 Preview Video. We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek, which will be available for you to test on the PTS later today!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Akiainavas
    Akiainavas
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please give at least one word about "new campaign types" ? What are they going to be ?
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you could release a version not running at 500mph. Pressing pause every 5secs to actual see what was going on was irritating.
  • Kulthax
    Kulthax
    ✭✭✭
    So update 3 went from July to early August. /sigh :'(
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    Nice to see all the additions (especially the ones about the guilds), thought i have a crucial question, will hard mode Trials give a better loot? stat/set wise? Also will that loot have a different look as well? Something that will make it stand out?
  • Lindur
    Lindur
    Will tabards be only for guilds or can we get them just for ourselves?
  • zScars
    zScars
    ✭✭✭
    is this suppose to be amazing?
    these are just minuscule features
    Founder of Incognito Merchants. Join us- head to our thread for more info. forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/121613/official-trading-incognito-merchants#latest
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kulthax wrote: »
    So update 3 went from July to early August. /sigh :'(

Extremely disappointing and not surprising in the least. So early august will be the 4th or the 11th. And of course update 4 slated for the end of august won't be until September and so on and so forth. Yay!
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on July 9, 2014 9:26PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We just posted the PTS patch notes for Update 3 here, which will answer a lot of questions. :)

Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • lerial32
    lerial32
    ✭✭
    I don't feel that the video totally matched what we read in the "Road Ahead" yesterday. Seems like there were a lot of things we are looking forward to that weren't depicted at all in the video. Will there be more detailed information in the Quakecon discussions? (Edit) More specifically, nothing was mentioned about the Veteran level changes...and there is really no new content for solo endgame options listed in the notes.
    Edited by lerial32 on July 9, 2014 9:40PM
    -Lerial
    Daggarfall Covenant
    Templar Healer
    o:)
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but until you learn the meaning of regression testing the very idea of new content is, at best, ill advised and, at worst, patently absurd.
  • unfalln
    unfalln
    Soul Shriven
    Will there be a chance of having the guild tabard display guild rank? e.g. could we choose a double border or darker background colour for officers?
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akiainavas wrote: »
    Could you please give at least one word about "new campaign types" ? What are they going to be ?

That's in the PTS patch notes article they linked below your question. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/118546/pts-patch-notes-v1-3-0
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully there will be a lot of Aedric patterns and emblems. It would be pity if the majority of them turned to be daedric/animalistic.

P.S. @ZOS_GinaBruno It is wonderful that you focus on the new content, but please, fix also the old bugs, like the one presented in the link in my signature.
  • pierceoftheender
    I cant wait to make The guild armor!!! and the dyes!??!?!?! ive been asking for this for 3 months! FINALLY!!!!
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • DaggerfallTradeMasters
    So do we now get the guild store cuts? Because i cant find my gold for the guild bank and with these prices.... It would be nice if we have the cut to use for our selfs.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 3 Preview Video. We hope you enjoyed this sneak peek, which will be available for you to test on the PTS later today!

While I don't agree with everything in Update 3, I still think the video is nicely done.

I am looking forward to the dye system and hope the guild shopping will see a change upon release to make selling also possible for non members.
  • Syrrisdevlin
    Syrrisdevlin
    ✭✭
    •Werewolf •Rousing Roar: This ability now correctly calculates its power bonus based on the number of targets that get hit.
    did we actually fix the devour cool down timer and removed it as stated in the last content patch notes
  • max.ascione99nrb18_ESO
    I really hope this doesn't turn into people wearing bright and colorful armor, as it will look less like an elder scrolls game should.
    The Bosmer will rise!
  • Syrrisdevlin
    Syrrisdevlin
    ✭✭
    •Blackwater Blade: 5 day Non-Veteran only Campaign

I still think you should add a toggle option to turn of exp gains on and off so that people can make lvl 49 exclusive pvp toons and this campaign should actually bit split in to two different campaings a 10-29 and 30-49 campaign as there is a big jump between gear available and ability between say a lvl 25 toon and a 45
    Edited by Syrrisdevlin on July 10, 2014 3:07AM
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    will there be Panda's?
  • Syrrisdevlin
    Syrrisdevlin
    ✭✭
    •Veteran Spindleclutch •Blood Relations: Fixed an issue where Sud-Hareem and Mereel were not present when needed.
    •You will no longer be able to pull Urvan Veleth’s adds individually.

Can we also get a fix for the NPC's not letting the boss reset causing the group to be locked in to boss combat and unable to resurrect after a wipe
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the push back to August?
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get some of you... you complain when they push a patch out too fast and it bugs the game, and you complain when they don't push out the patches fast enough?!

Jeeze, just can't win.

Update 3 looks AWESOME!!!!
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Tomsy
    Tomsy
    ZOS, will you be implementing character name and appearance changes in the future?

the update looks great!
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    to all the folks able to watch the video :P all i get when i click any link is a loop back to the age verification LOL, that i've set 20 times in the last 2 minutes.
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question: When a guild claims a resource or keep, is it possible to make all NPCs in that keep/resource wear that guilds Heraldry? - and could we possibly see big banners hanging on the keeps with the same guild Herald?

Would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and also give guilds reasons to defend/capture keeps for their guild other then just mousing over it on the map (no one really does that anyways or cares.)
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Ninavaskub17_ESO
    Ninavaskub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to completely approve the use of Stark and Lannister tabards for this fight.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    aneova_ESO wrote: »
    to all the folks able to watch the video :P all i get when i click any link is a loop back to the age verification LOL, that i've set 20 times in the last 2 minutes.

I've had this issue in the past. Just search for the video on YouTube instead of using this site. Every now and then it does that haha and won't accept the age verification.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember requesting dyes back in beta lol so I'm glad to see that it's coming, along with guild customization. Adding the ability to create additional guild ranks is also a big help for large guilds.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Arizona_Willie
    Arizona_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    It looks like Zeni might have actually LISTENED to customers. I see there will be " public guild store locations " === that sounds like another name for " auction house " to me.

Although there may not be bidding at least you can buy from EVERYONE in the game < apparently > not just your guildies which will be a HUGE improvement if there are stores where people can put stuff up for ANYONE to buy.

A true auction house would be better but at least public stores are a step in the right direction.
    If I wanted a Signature I would have a Signature --- but i don't want one so I don't have one.