The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 3 Preview Video"

• Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Love having a video for a preview instead of a wall of text and screenshots. Just needs to go into a bit more detail and maybe have come commentary at some points.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • lancepro
    lancepro
    ✭✭
    Brizz wrote: »
    Question: When a guild claims a resource or keep, is it possible to make all NPCs in that keep/resource wear that guilds Heraldry? - and could we possibly see big banners hanging on the keeps with the same guild Herald?

Would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and also give guilds reasons to defend/capture keeps for their guild other then just mousing over it on the map (no one really does that anyways or cares.)

This would be a great idea.
    Rocketship Builder, Pizza Expert
    "I swear by my life and my love of it."
    Beta Tested since 8/15/13
  • zittylolb14_ESO
    I feel Zenimax should change their name to Zinimini-maxgrindy because from the get-go this game has provided not even the bare minimum of the standard MMO.
    Yet to get anything you have to spend Maximum amounts of time or gold aka real-life money.
    Once again proving Angry Joe right about you wanting to just take our hard earned money again and again with little effort on your part.

Typical corrupted-corporation bottom-line feeding...and you all claim to be gamers...really disappointing. Old Grandpa Elder is worse than Ebenezer Scrooge when it comes to gold and figuring the worst possible way to make more money.
    Bidding on locations....great just drive the prices of everything higher?
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »
    I don't get some of you... you complain when they push a patch out too fast and it bugs the game, and you complain when they don't push out the patches fast enough?!

Jeeze, just can't win.

Update 3 looks AWESOME!!!!

Thank you for this. Lately, I am actually disinclined to post any sort of positive comment on this forum, because all the negatively minded people are going to jump on you immediately.

Nice to see someone who hasn't been beaten down yet. :)

That being said: update looks awesome, I'm very much looking forward to this and am glad that new content is released so regularly.

"It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    •Blackwater Blade: 5 day Non-Veteran only Campaign

I still think you should add a toggle option to turn of exp gains on and off so that people can make lvl 49 exclusive pvp toons and this campaign should actually bit split in to two different campaings a 10-29 and 30-49 campaign as there is a big jump between gear available and ability between say a lvl 25 toon and a 45

i agree because some of us need a 200 SP lvl 49 with all maxxed skills to beat up on the 75 SP 30s with their rank 2s!
  • Mancuso
    Mancuso
    ✭✭✭
    LadyLothi wrote: »
    someuser wrote: »
    I don't get some of you... you complain when they push a patch out too fast and it bugs the game, and you complain when they don't push out the patches fast enough?!

Jeeze, just can't win.

Update 3 looks AWESOME!!!!

Thank you for this. Lately, I am actually disinclined to post any sort of positive comment on this forum, because all the negatively minded people are going to jump on you immediately.

Nice to see someone who hasn't been beaten down yet. :)

That being said: update looks awesome, I'm very much looking forward to this and am glad that new content is released so regularly.

THIS... err, THOSE.
  • JKr
    JKr
    Soul Shriven
    People, really? Jesus christ, it amazes me what a bunch of *** whiners many of you people are. What are you even doing here? I'm guessing it's because ZEN has created this super awesome, HUGE, game, that is still being improved all the time. Sure, there has been some difficulties on the way, but they constantly work on improving the game, and they really CARE and seem passionate about making it better. This patch to me looks like they've listened to a lot of what people has asked for. Critisism is good to a certain degree, until it just get's dumb.

That said, I for one think this patch looks great, and I'm really looking forward to it!
  • jenrey
    jenrey
    Soul Shriven
    I really love this game, but Zeni has to do something about the reward received vs a lot of effort that u have to made to finished some quest, and after level 50 veteram rank the game its very slow down the XP gained by quest.
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Kulthax wrote: »
    So update 3 went from July to early August. /sigh :'(

I'd rather they delay updates altogether and stabilize the game first.
  • N0madS0uL
    N0madS0uL
    BS baffles brains...that what I think of this update, yeah "nice" to armor dyes and tabards, whats with bidding for guild stores or whatever it is, that some new way have large guilds with resources walk all over smaller guilds without?

For me this is once again 70% just "touch ups" it doesnt address nearly any main concerns about this game, my sub is still canceled unfortunately or at least till I hit level 50 on all factions and complete the single player main story, the biggest fail this game has is playing other faction content, I have mentioned this in the original announcement to this patch and wont go into detail again, but just that giving "vanity" systems in the game while nice is just a way to deflect the real issues this game faces.

Zenimax think they treating and while in a sense that is true they also should have had the game "more right" at launch than the end product we got, again i am particularly emphasizing end game content and VR grind through other faction content instead of creating completely new content thus encouraging the rolling of alts to try those factions and their content as it was intended and maintaining the game integrity and story. Still its not too late, they can fix it, it would require some work but as I suggested on the other thread its more than possible and would only benefit this game, right now it can use any advantage it can get.
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    I think the slow updates is fine, things take time. Dyes packs and heralds are fine for me - I just hope we will be able to have more then one (Especially since I have more then one guild). Then once a guild decides what they like it is locked in and others can't make the exact same one (spies coping them and using them to sneak around).
    - The guild auction house - I have to agree that this may be over taken by large guilds, leaving the smaller once to suffer. Maybe if they give you the ability to have smaller guilds join together to get a spot. Then guild leaders can decide what to spend and how much.
    What about those who don't want to join a guild? Maybe they can get guild passes to these locations? Like a temp thing where they can sell their stuff for like a 10 day period. But that's for the higher ups to discuss - I'm just a lowly wanderer. Picking my plants and mining ore.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Torus
    Torus
    Soul Shriven
    Please stop with this content addition until the current quests are working, I (and my wife) have been stuck at the same location waiting for the same npc to be at the spot he is supposed to be and not standing on the road so we can (finally) complete Greenshade.
    Basic working game first, new content later. I keep getting a lot of junk content that I am not at all interested in like the VR areas, large group dungeons, etc. We prefer to play in a group of just us two.
    You need a group NOW! Patence Be Damned!
  • scruzguy8_ESO
    scruzguy8_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I like ESO a lot and I think people have been way too harsh in their judgement of it . ESO could be the best mmo ive played but obvious fundamental flaws are keeping it from reaching its potential.

1. Stamina / melee based builds are very ineffective and unfortunately this is an issue that comes from the very foundation of the game. As long as all class abilities use magicka I just can't see this changing even if weapon skill damage is increased. An NB should be most effective with DW and medium armor. a DK should be most effective with sword/board and heavy armor. Currently everyone is most effective with light armor / staff and there has been widespread consensus amongst endgame players that this is the biggest issue in the game.

2. End game PVE dungeons / Trials are not properly rewarding. I love the dungeons but the only worthwhile reward for running them is 1 skill point for running them once. crafted / dominoin gear is vastly superior to dungeon drops and you can't get epic mats from deconstruct so the drops have little to no value. Even if you want to run dungeons just for fun Its very difficult to find anyone who wants to run them because whats the point? end game in ESO is harvesting / cash farming and pvp.

What really bothers me at this point is the multiple news posts acknowledging these issues yet refusing to address them. I thought for sure based on the overwhelming consensus amongst the player feedback since launch that these issues would be a priority and I just needed to be patient but at this point my patience is wearing thin. I understand devs don't want to make sweeping changes with unintended consequences but fixing these fundamental issues requires fundamental changes.
  • Mancuso
    Mancuso
    ✭✭✭
    JKr wrote: »
    People, really? Jesus christ, it amazes me what a bunch of *** whiners many of you people are. What are you even doing here? I'm guessing it's because ZEN has created this super awesome, HUGE, game, that is still being improved all the time. Sure, there has been some difficulties on the way, but they constantly work on improving the game, and they really CARE and seem passionate about making it better. This patch to me looks like they've listened to a lot of what people has asked for. Critisism is good to a certain degree, until it just get's dumb.

That said, I for one think this patch looks great, and I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm looking forward to it, too. And, I'm convinced that these people would be unimpressed and filled with criticism over the Second Coming...
    Edited by Mancuso on July 11, 2014 11:57PM
  • Oronell
    Oronell
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice the Tabard references to Game of Thrones? Wolf vs Lions i.e. House Stark vs House Lannister.
    Edited by Oronell on July 12, 2014 9:15PM
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Should have used the time taken up making that video to fix bugs.
    If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the video, easily paused it where I desired, and look forward to the upcoming changes!
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the guild system as it is at all. Being able to guild with and chat with opposing alliances... shouldn't happen.

I would have made it so when you are creating a character, that alliance you chose for your first one is the alliance you'll be for all your other characters until you delete all characters and start over. I would also get rid of that whole pre-order only explorers pack crap and just let anyone who buys the game from launch on play any race in any alliance. Then with guilds you wouldn't be able to invite opposing factions to it.

Certain to be disagreed with, but thats what I think would be better for the health of the game.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on July 16, 2014 3:32PM