The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need solo "end Game" stuff.

Reevster
Reevster
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so I have been playing MMOs since 2000 with EQ1 as my first MMO and I was really heavy into it and played for many hours per day and raided etc etc, But now 15 years later I dont want to raid and have to group to do "End Game " type stuff as I really only play a few hours a day now . sometime up to 6 maybe once in a while but i still love MMOs and hate single players games. I dont mind paying a sub , even though I perfer to solo I still chat in guild and like to sell items and buy items from other players, crafting , I like knowing that I am playing with other real people and not NPCs.

I like to think there are many like me who did all that raiding and grouping for hours at a time but dont want to do that anymore , just login and play a few hours and go back to RL etc etc.

So can we please get some soloish content in these Craglorn type addons? I know people will be flaming this post but that doesn't bother me, like I said I have been playing for 15 years now, I have seen all the flames in forums etc etc.

• Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    Yes We need more solo stuff. I hate grouping with people sometimes because they can be such trolls.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we need. some sort of exploration mode for dungeons and trials. one that will allow you to take shards and explore the lore of places.

additionality I think that slave trade would be an excellent idea for solo pve content, hunting rare specimens of lesser races and selling them in a form of daily quests, moral options attached, unique background stories etc.

a companion with series of long-long quests, he would gather materials ponted by use, no more dirtying your hands!

justice system should bring some work for guard type players. it would be fantastic to torture caught killers and thieves and lower their stats for 5h or so. naturally it would require high reward for such high risk for mentioned villains.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just have to wait and see. The addition of the other guilds and the justice system could definitely alleviate some of this. Releasing the campaign changes and improving Cyrodiil performance would help too. Right now, all we know is that dyes, a new veteran dungeon and more Craglorn is coming. I don't see any of this helping with the issue of the lack of things to do at VR12.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 30, 2014 9:00PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As strange as it sounds, ZOS apparently hates solo players - almost as much as it hates players who prefer a functioning and not excessively buggy game.

There was no new solo content in the 1.1 or 1.2 update. There is no new solo content in the upcoming 1.3 update in July/August as it seems we're going to receive another group dungeon even though no one is asking for more group content. The chances for new solo content in the 1.4 update in September seems highly unlikely as well.

I suggested that a very easy to implement daily quest (well, one quest for all three factions and thus three quests for players who have reached the VR 6-10 zones). I have heard nothing but crickets from ZOS, like usual, not even a courteous thank you for the suggestion.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/112038/daily-vr-level-quest-idea
    Edited by LonePirate on June 30, 2014 9:46PM
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn was a step back for solo endgame.

Prior to craglorn, the v10 zone was the solo endgame, and v10s at least had a zone where the mobs were their level.

Now post-craglorn, there's not even a zone with v12 mobs. The v12 mobs are all locked behind group content.
  • Mescalamba
    Mescalamba
    ✭✭✭
    As everything, schizophrenic way of dealing things FTW.

Most of the game, you are FORCED to do solo quests (even when there is no need to be that way.. could been handled easily different way).

Then, you are FORCED to group up (unless you are DK) to play at higher VR levels. :smiley:
    Proud owner of personal vampire and werewolf army (4 werewolves/4 vampires)..

I'm also using large doses of irony and sarcasm.

Plus Im mean person, cause I really dont have reason to like you. Or anyone.
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for more solo content, please.
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • Arora
    Arora
    ✭✭✭
    No, you dont need more solo content, its an MMO, massive multiplayer online game, not your console game where you are the solo payer, hence you need other people to play, if you want to play solo go freaking play skyrim
    Arora Moon - EB- Nightblade
    Arora Moonlight- EB- Sorcerer
    - GM Souless-

Hail Sithis - Glory to the Night Mother

• NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't even enough achievement titles to appease solo players, much less a meaningful way to progress your character solo at VR12.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Arora wrote: »
    No, you dont need more solo content, its an MMO, massive multiplayer online game, not your console game where you are the solo payer, hence you need other people to play, if you want to play solo go freaking play skyrim
    let me look at this closer. massive multiplayer online game. hm I don't see anywhere 'party' or 'group' in it. mmo might be simply the world, layer, plane of the living. it does not necessarily force you into groups. other players might be simply for basic interactions, to breathe intelligent actions in the character figures. you are bringing your experience, baggage into its definition.

ceterum censeo: you are wrong, so much wrong that you dance on the verge of heresy!

• Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just don't make it forced solo.

Optional solo is always best.
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salacious wrote: »
    Yes We need more solo stuff. I hate grouping with people sometimes because they can be such trolls.

*nods* and trolls smell.
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭

Except this is a game based on and marketed after a solo game..........
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suggested that a very easy to implement daily quest (well, one quest for all three factions and thus three quests for players who have reached the agar 6-10 zones). I have heard nothing but crickets from ZOS, like usual, not even a courteous thank you for the suggestion.

No offence, but I despise the WOW "solo" game at max level so I cant support it at ESO either.

To do the same 5 or 10 quests every day for months so you can get a pointless title, mount or pet is not really something I would strive for.

In my opinion do we need three simple steps for solo gamers,

1. Housing

This serves us to get attached with our Chars, so that we can hunt achievements, animals and / or explore caves and coasts for goodies that we then later place in our homes. Besides that we can open shops with our own vendors, like at Ultima or other MMO´s.

2. Companions

Copy the SWTOR companion system, so that we have either one or two NPC´s on our side, so that we can do VR based content such as Craglorn on our own if we like.
    At the same time we can go through a deep story of our Companions that can be improved by content patches.

3. Dynamic PVE & PVP

What group players hate, do solo gamers love - dynamics also known as phasing. It would be great if huge battles would go on and we could just join them on the fly and leave if we want to. To protect new players and low levels, this however must happen in phases. Let the Deadra attack, let a meteor fall down from sky with a deadly virus that kills everything in hours without an antidote or something.

Give players a changing job in this world, that's a 100 times better than running a daily for half a year like at WOW ;)
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    But yeah, some solo content would be nice. Actually let me rephrase. Some NEW solo content would be nice.

What would be really nice is if we had "smart dungeons"; Whether you entered with 1 person or 12 it would adjust accordingly. But I'm sure that technology is years off.
    Edited by Mordria on July 1, 2014 4:34PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is necessary. It's not that people don't like grouping; it's that people want a variety of things to do. Also, sometimes people don't want to waste 2/3 of their play time forming the group. With solo content, you just get out there and play.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Nymirah
    Nymirah
    ✭✭

I don't understand why anyone would be against the addition of solo content.

There is still plenty to do for the people who prefer to group up and wouldn't it keep what you probably consider the "baddies" occupied and out of your hair? Furthermore, appeasing a larger percentage of paying customers could only serve to ensure that the makers of this game continue giving it the time and attention it needs.
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    There aren't even enough achievement titles to appease solo players, much less a meaningful way to progress your character solo at VR12.

Adjusting existent group content for Solo play, and/or adding new Solo content, will help a lot in taking care of those foibles.

Always pleasant to know fellow players are supporting our efforts for a better game. Read this ::
    I play ESO as I want.

[snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by AoifeO on July 1, 2014 5:30PM
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I suggested that a very easy to implement daily quest (well, one quest for all three factions and thus three quests for players who have reached the agar 6-10 zones). I have heard nothing but crickets from ZOS, like usual, not even a courteous thank you for the suggestion.

No offence, but I despise the WOW "solo" game at max level so I cant support it at ESO either.

To do the same 5 or 10 quests every day for months so you can get a pointless title, mount or pet is not really something I would strive for.

In my opinion do we need three simple steps for solo gamers,

1. Housing

This serves us to get attached with our Chars, so that we can hunt achievements, animals and / or explore caves and coasts for goodies that we then later place in our homes. Besides that we can open shops with our own vendors, like at Ultima or other MMO´s.

2. Companions

Copy the SWTOR companion system, so that we have either one or two NPC´s on our side, so that we can do VR based content such as Craglorn on our own if we like.
    At the same time we can go through a deep story of our Companions that can be improved by content patches.

3. Dynamic PVE & PVP

What group players hate, do solo gamers love - dynamics also known as phasing. It would be great if huge battles would go on and we could just join them on the fly and leave if we want to. To protect new players and low levels, this however must happen in phases. Let the Deadra attack, let a meteor fall down from sky with a deadly virus that kills everything in hours without an antidote or something.

Give players a changing job in this world, that's a 100 times better than running a daily for half a year like at WOW ;)

I like all of these options. Unfortunately, they all take time to develop and implement correctly. My suggestion could be coded and released in about a week's time, maybe even less.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than solo content I'd like to see more focus on 2-4 player content. There are an awful lot people playing with one other person, a friend, family member, ect. As far as groups go only having to find 1 other person is as easy as it gets.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree to a point...MMO's need a good balance of both solo and group based end-game content. We need solo based endgame content to keep us entertained in-between the times that we participate in group based endgame content.

It can't all be solo based and it can't all be group based, otherwise end-game will be truly boring because if it's just solo based then this game should never have been an mmo...and if it's only group based (which it is definitely leaning towards right now) then it gets boring and frustrating constantly having to find and group with other people all the time. I realize for some that is fun and what they enjoy, but that is not the case for everyone.

Honestly though, we need more of both solo-based endgame content and group-based endgame content. Which I'm sure is on it's way...stupid patience virtue :p
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Is not the veteran quests solo end game content? I defiantly think so. The V8 - V10 arias was a challenge for me to solo. However I would not mine more content. More content is always good. In fact if we could get 5 zones full of quests with 5 new VR levels each months I would be a happy man. But thats never going to happen.

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At times they make it so you NEED a group to get to the end of a main storyline quest,and THEN when you REALLY need that group to help you,you're alone with the final boss only to wind up dead beause he is sooo powerful you cant take him alone. We keep getting pushed by the Prophet to do the main storyline,even before we have the chops to conquor it.
    It would be nice if you did choose to go group that they could follow you all the way to the end and out of it.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for solo content just make companions available for purchase.
    The more rank you have in paying with them the more leveled up companions you can use (like a skill line if you want)
    With them you do VR Dungeons
    Will be harder to clear than with players but at least you don't have to wait 1h to make a group than another playing the Dungeon
    These could only be deployed or summoned inside instanced Dungeons to avoid exploiting
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how would solo content harm the game, as far as there's plenty of group options aswell.
    But it should be challenging solo content with good rewards, not these utterly boring and easy daily quests you can see in other MMOs.

It could even be an option to solo group dungeons - provide a buff when you make it solo, no buff when grouped. I've seen this implementation in other MMOs (not for dungeons, but group quests), and have to admit it was FUN as hell.
    The more options a game has the better, so why not.
  • mlecho74
    mlecho74
    I haven't made it to the VR levels yet, but I am definitely in favor of more solo content. Often, I'm only able to play for an hour or so per day, and wasting that having to find a group makes the game less enjoyable. Have a balance - have VR dungeons that can be soloed and dungeons that need groups. Just like pre-VR. That way, people truly *can* play the way they want.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Ok so I have been playing MMOs since 2000 with EQ1 as my first MMO and I was really heavy into it and played for many hours per day and raided etc etc, But now 15 years later I dont want to raid and have to group to do "End Game " type stuff as I really only play a few hours a day now . sometime up to 6 maybe once in a while but i still love MMOs and hate single players games. I dont mind paying a sub , even though I perfer to solo I still chat in guild and like to sell items and buy items from other players, crafting , I like knowing that I am playing with other real people and not NPCs.

I like to think there are many like me who did all that raiding and grouping for hours at a time but dont want to do that anymore , just login and play a few hours and go back to RL etc etc.

So can we please get some soloish content in these Craglorn type addons? I know people will be flaming this post but that doesn't bother me, like I said I have been playing for 15 years now, I have seen all the flames in forums etc etc.
    Agreed !

LonePirate wrote: »
    As strange as it sounds, ZOS apparently hates solo players - almost as much as it hates players who prefer a functioning and not excessively buggy game.

There was no new solo content in the 1.1 or 1.2 update. There is no new solo content in the upcoming 1.3 update in July/August as it seems we're going to receive another group dungeon even though no one is asking for more group content. The chances for new solo content in the 1.4 update in September seems highly unlikely as well.

I suggested that a very easy to implement daily quest (well, one quest for all three factions and thus three quests for players who have reached the VR 6-10 zones). I have heard nothing but crickets from ZOS, like usual, not even a courteous thank you for the suggestion.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/112038/daily-vr-level-quest-idea
    Definitely agreed !

Err.. somebody need a better understanding of the term MMORPG !

;)
    Edited by Phantax on July 1, 2014 12:41PM
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo endgame stuff would be really good, actually. I'm VR12 and don't always have time to group, but having something similar to the trials with leaderboards etc. for a solo guy would bring more competiveness to the table :)
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    My idea for more solo content is pretty simple:
    PUSH UP Cyrondil. Introduce special drop chances of rare / very rare items that can be dropped only by one specific enemy-class and that, therefore, have to be farmed.. Stop that arbitrary drop/reward-system making monsters drop everything (of the appropriate level).
    ALWAYS keep an eye to compare pvp-drops (that you buy in the shop) to PvE-rewards, neither of both should have a much better-off / higher quality. When new instances are introduced to a game, history has shown, that new dungeon drops, in most cases, are far better than the "older pvp rewards".

Btw, the argument (vs. more solo content) I read in one of the first few posts about TESO beeing an MMORPG is partly not true: Many "parts" of TESO CAN NOT BE PLAYED IN A GROUP, you do not see every player in an area (hidden instances), you can not do every quest together and and and.. TESO is an MMO only in parts but not as I understand an MMO, where most of the content can be accomplished in a group, that is simply und indiscutably not the case in TESO ;)
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has probably already said it (and someone else probably already disagreed with it but) vet content IS solo end game content. By the time you play through you would will be on a par with the raiders as far as stats go
    Edited by Hilgara on July 1, 2014 1:39PM
This discussion has been closed.