The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need solo "end Game" stuff.

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Ok so I have been playing MMOs since 2000 with EQ1 as my first MMO and I was really heavy into it and played for many hours per day and raided etc etc, But now 15 years later I dont want to raid and have to group to do "End Game " type stuff as I really only play a few hours a day now . sometime up to 6 maybe once in a while but i still love MMOs and hate single players games. I dont mind paying a sub , even though I perfer to solo I still chat in guild and like to sell items and buy items from other players, crafting , I like knowing that I am playing with other real people and not NPCs.

I like to think there are many like me who did all that raiding and grouping for hours at a time but dont want to do that anymore , just login and play a few hours and go back to RL etc etc.

So can we please get some soloish content in these Craglorn type addons? I know people will be flaming this post but that doesn't bother me, like I said I have been playing for 15 years now, I have seen all the flames in forums etc etc.

So long as the content is solo-able, vice forced-solo, I concur.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Food4Thought
    Food4Thought
    ✭✭✭
    I agree there needs to be solo content. The whole main quest (and guild quests) are about "you" not "us' or "them". But once you get to end game it is about "us" and "them" and not so much about "you".

You go from being the center of the universe to being nothing more than another face in the crowd.

SWTOR was like that too and I think that was one of the reasons its membership dropped so dramactically in such a short period of time. Players wanted more solo and main character quests and what they got was end game group content with no mention of taking the class story lines any further.

What I think it boils down to is that it takes longer to develop solo content than it does group content. With group, you add a new instance, populate it, and throw in some new loot item. Then you call it a day. With solo content you need new zones, new characters to interact with, and a call back on your main characters voice artists who might ask for more money to do the work than what they got the first go around.

With group content, you can hire any voice actor to fill the roll and get off cheap. With main character solo quests you end up calling back people you have already used.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilgara wrote: »
    Someone has probably already said it (and someone else probably already disagreed with it but) vet content IS solo end game content. By the time you play through you would will be on a par with the raiders as far as stats go

You maybe right about gear /stats go but what happens when your through all the VR 1 to 10 zones? This is the issue and some of us are already through it all and so we look at Craglorn where you cant pull just one mob to try and solo because you get 6 ..so basically Craglorn type content makes solo type players obsolete, I guess if ZOS wants to head in that direction then so be it but as i said before MMO means different things to people , its not all about Grouping and raiding for some of us that have been there and done all that, but we still wish to interact with other players but not be stuck with raiding/grouping as our only option.

• yvonnekab16_ESO
    yvonnekab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Totally agree. I too like the option of chatting to guild members and such, but don't necessarily want to group with strangers. I pretty much solo the entire game so far and would appreciate some solo end game content.
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arora wrote: »
    No, you dont need more solo content, its an MMO, massive multiplayer online game, not your console game where you are the solo payer, hence you need other people to play, if you want to play solo go freaking play skyrim

Wow, you make me laugh. I see your Finger Points into the Air and your Head seems to explode, through cryin out this Hate and Anger. Calm done Young one, there are other Worlds outside there, we can live all in Peace together :D .
    Edited by Murmeltier on July 1, 2014 2:27PM
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree with the OP and his Reasons. I love the Feeling that there are other Players outthere but sometimes i want to do some Solo-Content on my own and the Quests don`t hold endless.

I like the Possibility to have an Option to do something on my own in an individual Dungeon. The Option to join large Groups in Endgame should not be the only one in the Endgame.

I think it is a good Idea to offer the Players Dungeons as solo Content with a Choice which Difficulty the Player wants to play. Maybe random Layouts like in Diablo.

However, i like the Idea and i want to see it Ingame too. Many other Games have this too, Rift/Lord of the Rings for Example and it haven`t destroyed the Games.

MFG Murmeltier.
    Edited by Murmeltier on July 1, 2014 2:52PM
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arora wrote: »
    No, you dont need more solo content, its an MMO, massive multiplayer online game, not your console game where you are the solo payer, hence you need other people to play, if you want to play solo go freaking play skyrim

MMO doesn't mean MUST group, it needs to cater to players who don't want to interact with others. There are some players who are less social or more social than others.

Your attitude is toxic. If you want to play a Must Group Online game go play one. This game is prime for Solo Play and needs to add more.

Within; Without.
  • nawlinzbilly
    nawlinzbilly
    ✭✭
    I really hate having to get a group to fight a quest boss. I have solo'd the game pretty much up to V4. But now I am having issues finishing stuff due to lack of fire power. But I am onboard for solo playing mostly.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this adding craglorn vr11/12 was a *** move , which is ofc something we can expect from the devs here , so nothing surprising.

Still , i hope they will wake up and add the vr11/12 for solo players soon.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. I'm pretty much done with the Faction content aside from a handful of world bosses and dolmens in Bangkorai, and I'm having a hard time assembling a group that will be able to do the Craglorn quest content together consistently.

It would be nice if there was some good solo content for me to play through when I don't feel like doing PvP.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Duplicate post, sorry]
    Edited by kirnmalidus on July 1, 2014 4:41PM

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hate having to get a group to fight a quest boss. I have solo'd the game pretty much up to V4. But now I am having issues finishing stuff due to lack of fire power. But I am onboard for solo playing mostly.

Yeah there are lot of quest bosses in the VR content that are difficult to solo. The VR content is mostly soloable but a lot of does require at least two people to complete.

The only thing I have left is the Hall of Heroes in Bangkorai and I hear that's a really tough fight and I'm waiting for some guildies to group up with.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    /Flames.

I've been play ing as long as you, EQ1.

Still not an antisocial person who wants to ruin endgame by trying to make it into a single player game.

Go play skyrim and stop trying to ruin eso for social players. The devs clearly do NOT have the resources to cater to both.

Plus the game has freakin 1000+ hours of solo content already. You are a liar if you say you already completed it all. You completed selected portions and ignored others, go do the stuff you ignored.
    Edited by Axer on July 1, 2014 4:47PM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    /Flames.

I've been play ing as long as you, EQ1.

Still not an antisocial person who wants to ruin endgame by trying to make it into a single player game.

Go play skyrim and stop trying to ruin eso for social players. The devs clearly do NOT have the resources to cater to both.

Plus the game has freakin 1000+ hours of solo content already. You are a liar if you say you already completed it all. You completed selected portions and ignored others, go do the stuff you ignored.

Lol nice, calling me a liar, so your saying they cant make solo type content as well as group content? I dont believe that and neither do you.

Not antisocial either , as I said I like guild chat. selling buying from other players , crafting , etc but I want to login and do what I want to do not wait around for a group and have to follow the leader so to speak and then feel like i cant leave because then the group is too weak or what have you.

I did that for quite a few years and my RL life suffered from it, so now I still want to play a MMO but not have to have my life revolve around it, I believe there are alot like me and if ZOS continues to make only group content then they will definitely lose a huge chunk of their player base, but hey if that's what they want then that's fine too, I will have more time for RL.

All they would have to do is make a Craglorn expansion and then the next one would be a solo type expansion, I dont think players from both sides would mind that type of set up knowing that their preferred style of play will be next inline to be implemented and PvP would take up the slack between expansions.
    Edited by Reevster on July 1, 2014 6:14PM
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has probably already said it (and someone else probably already disagreed with it but) vet content IS solo end game content. By the time you play through you would will be on a par with the raiders as far as stats go
    So you're saying that the vet quest grind *IS* the solo endgame.

Ok, but the vet zones only go up to V10. So then, what about the V12 solo endgame. Where are the solo quests or grind zones for V12?
  • mumok
    mumok
    ✭✭✭
    Well to me it seems clear that ZOS is against solo game play or at least solo PvE.

Every time I find an area that I can solo and get some xp, ZOS nerfs the crap out of it. Effectively forcing me to group or quest for my VR xp.

I don't mind grouping or questing, but that is not all I want to do. I'm an old school MMO'er I like a little grind in my game but ZOS is slowly "fixing" that.

@ZOS if you don't want us to gain levels through solo PvE then make it so that you get 0 xp from killing mobs by yourself. At least that would remove the confusion of why you keep nerfing solo-able areas.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mumok wrote: »
    Well to me it seems clear that ZOS is against solo game play or at least solo

Come again? Are we discussing the same MMO that forces solo play throughout the main story-line?
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more options ESO has the better, some night not like groups, some night not like solo, as an ESO mmo it NEEDS both.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    As strange as it sounds, ZOS apparently hates solo players - almost as much as it hates players who prefer a functioning and not excessively buggy game.

There was no new solo content in the 1.1 or 1.2 update. There is no new solo content in the upcoming 1.3 update in July/August as it seems we're going to receive another group dungeon even though no one is asking for more group content. The chances for new solo content in the 1.4 update in September seems highly unlikely as well.

I suggested that a very easy to implement daily quest (well, one quest for all three factions and thus three quests for players who have reached the VR 6-10 zones). I have heard nothing but crickets from ZOS, like usual, not even a courteous thank you for the suggestion.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/112038/daily-vr-level-quest-idea

Yep...they hate those who wish to solo on par exactly with the same amount of group-encouraged content SO much that they've spent development and staff time these past weeks addressing exactly how they are going to make it more "comfortable" for those who need that in order to solo more viably in Vet Content.

See Jessica's front page post today about VR content being "adjusted".
    There ya go.

• reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    kinda think the devs have plans for this, after they finish whatever they got in motion now. It only makes marketing sense
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I'll add my YES PLEASE to this, but know it's an MMO.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a large solo play base in eso, they have not be getting new content for 3 months now.

Instead of trying to change people, they should make the new content for them, it can be implemented in different ways.
  • Insanyti
    Insanyti
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably already been written about in this thread, but here is my most prominent concern:

I'm worried that once I reach max level and have tried my hand at raiding/Trials, then that will be it for me playing ESO. What is in game to keep me coming back and logging in every day? As of yet there are no World/Faction/Zone Events, I've heard there are some Dailies to complete but the rewards are NOT worth the effort, the achievements in game are quite lackluster at the moment and lack a sense of mischievousness and adventure that I suppose I'm used to. (Nearly all the achievements are generic completion or ''you have done this x amount of times''.)

I'm worried that without at least a handful of engaging and fun solo (MAINLY, but Events designed around grouping up is cool too) I'll start looking around for a new game to take my wandering attention.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anastasia wrote: »
    LonePirate wrote: »
    As strange as it sounds, ZOS apparently hates solo players - almost as much as it hates players who prefer a functioning and not excessively buggy game.

There was no new solo content in the 1.1 or 1.2 update. There is no new solo content in the upcoming 1.3 update in July/August as it seems we're going to receive another group dungeon even though no one is asking for more group content. The chances for new solo content in the 1.4 update in September seems highly unlikely as well.

I suggested that a very easy to implement daily quest (well, one quest for all three factions and thus three quests for players who have reached the VR 6-10 zones). I have heard nothing but crickets from ZOS, like usual, not even a courteous thank you for the suggestion.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/112038/daily-vr-level-quest-idea

Yep...they hate those who wish to solo on par exactly with the same amount of group-encouraged content SO much that they've spent development and staff time these past weeks addressing exactly how they are going to make it more "comfortable" for those who need that in order to solo more viably in Vet Content.

See Jessica's front page post today about VR content being "adjusted".
    There ya go.

Even if the Vr 1 through 10 zones are adjusted( which I don't think they need to be) that still doesn't address the post Vr10 Craglorn type expansions that have "NO" solo content. I didn't read in Jessicas post anything about Post Vr10... and yes there are alot who have finished Vr1 through 10 content and more will be finishing it as time goes by but not a thing about and new content for the soloish type players. Only more Group/Raid content .

We dont even wish the solo content to be on par as you say with group content, just give up some bloody post Vr10 soloish content.
    Edited by Reevster on July 4, 2014 1:04PM
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    There is a large solo play base in eso, they have not be getting new content for 3 months now.

Instead of trying to change people, they should make the new content for them, it can be implemented in different ways.

Agreed.
    I've said on may occasions every update should include both group AND solo content !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Ok so I have been playing MMOs since 2000 with EQ1 as my first MMO and I was really heavy into it and played for many hours per day and raided etc etc, But now 15 years later I dont want to raid and have to group to do "End Game " type stuff

I agree. The age/life range playing MMO's is wider now so games have to be able to offer a good gaming experience to a wide range of players. Like you I no longer have the time I used to devote to an MMO. My play time is less predictable.

Game designers have to learn the art of allowing many routes to the same destination as in the end we're all paying customers. I don't expect to be able to solo everything but I do expect to be able to work my way towards say, an epic reward, through a solo route even if it's a longer one.

If I were a designer I'd drive all rewards off an in-game currency that dropped as rewards for activities. People doing hard group content would get a lot dropping as a reward, someone doing a solo content dungeon would get a small number dropping.

And no - before anyone asks - I don't care if the worst player in the world can therefore slowly grind their way to something awesome. Their money is as good as yours or mine.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were a designer I'd drive all rewards off an in-game currency that dropped as rewards for activities. People doing hard group content would get a lot dropping as a reward, someone doing a solo content dungeon would get a small number dropping.

And no - before anyone asks - I don't care if the worst player in the world can therefore slowly grind their way to something awesome. Their money is as good as yours or mine.

What he said ^^
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

Ok, but the vet zones only go up to V10. So then, what about the V12 solo endgame. Where are the solo quests or grind zones for V12?

V12 is a number. Its not in the slightest bit related to your characters achievement. My sorc was V12 by the time I got Tamriel Hero. My NB was still V10 when he got it. It means nothing My NB would probable kick my sorcs arse if I could fight myself :smiley:
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I think they should do is making a solo endgame set. I mean there are 7 armor, 3 jewelry and 2 weapon slots. After completing each zone we should get an armor/jewelry in a fixed order. This should be of same quality as how they drop in trials. There are 10 major VR zones so that's enough for armor and jewelry. After each VR alliance you would get a weapon of your choice. All these armor and jewelry should also be of choice not some random medium armor when you wear heavy etc.

That and some random events should do for solo endgame contents in my opinion. For this, of course, Trials and vet dungeons should be available after last story quest instead of VR 10 for group oriented people, or just put people to that rank. They would need a proper way to gather gear for trials, which would also be from vet dungeons so they should be doable right after being sent to VR zone. Maybe there should be a hierarchy of vet dungeons, so you progress in gear between those first and then go for trials. Meanwhile, solo people could hop in with their equipment from quests too.

I am not sure how good pvp rewards are now so I would rather not comment on it but I have already seen clever ideas for that part too.

The rewards shouldn't be of highest tier of course so that crafts still have a role. This is just a random idea that came to my mind right now.
    Edited by Csub on July 4, 2014 3:43PM
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

V12 is a number. Its not in the slightest bit related to your characters achievement. My sorc was V12 by the time I got Tamriel Hero. My NB was still V10 when he got it. It means nothing My NB would probable kick my sorcs arse if I could fight myself :smiley:
    The issue is what is there to do AFTER the vet zones. I finished the vet zones and got Tamriel Hero, but I can see that there isnt anymore solo content.
This discussion has been closed.