Maintenance for the week of May 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

Spell res vs specificr res

leandro.800ub17_ESO
leandro.800ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Do you know if there is a specific cap when you use like fire res or is it the same as overall stat?
Also
Example. is +1500 fire res = +1500 spell res (fire res speaking) ?

I am asking being a dark elf i already have fire spell res as race passive so when i have overall spell res caped does it affect the passive?
Edited by leandro.800ub17_ESO on June 30, 2014 12:02PM

Best Answers

• Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I know, the passive doesn't effect your overall spell resistance. Fire resistance has its own little, hidden catagory that can't be seen without the use of an addon.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the addon?
    I was wandering if best to use a +1500 frost and another thunder than just 2x +550 spell res
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This in intended for PVE ofc . Being a DK i have trouble against souls and other flying creature that are unaffected by snares or bleeds
    They hit me pretty hard even if i have 2000 spell res
  • Gargragrond
    Gargragrond
    ✭✭✭
    At 2000 spel res, you take around 65% of the original damage. At hard cap (which seems to be at 2900), you would take ~50% damage. So going for the hard cap you can decrease the damage ~23% compared to 2000 spel res values. However, I don't know if there are elemental attacks which are not considered spells and are only affected by corresponding resistance - does someone know?
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    At 2000 spel res, you take around 65% of the original damage. At hard cap (which seems to be at 2900), you would take ~50% damage. So going for the hard cap you can decrease the damage ~23% compared to 2000 spel res values. However, I don't know if there are elemental attacks which are not considered spells and are only affected by corresponding resistance - does someone know?

There are one or two ghost varieties that resort either to majority melee or partial melee in combat. The third I know of just sits there and casts freezing abilities. The melee ones can hit pretty hard in VR zones, but I wear HA, so they don't present too much risk.