The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Nerf/Change Dark Stalker passive (Vampire)

• Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if anyone noticed, but the Night's Silence set no longer increases health regen by 40% while hidden, according to my screen, three pieces increases movement while hidden by 220%.

It was changed. Or it's displaying the wrong tool tip.

We have already been through that... It's a typo and it's also not working.

Yeah, I saw it's not working... But that's an awfully big typo. I see there's a typo in the description (a misspelling), but we sure the entire change is a typo?

No I'm just assuming. It won't be 220% that's just ridiculous... Who would need a horse then?

It is probably meant to say 20% or 22% (if the change was actually intended to happen in the first place)

BTW is it working after the today's patch? I'm on EU server...

I haven't been able to play yet today, couldn't say for sure.
    Now, if it's an increase of 220% to the -stealth- speed, that'd put it right around normal movement speed wouldn't it? Since Sneak speed is about half of normal movement speed, right?

50% x 220% = 110%, yes?

No it doesn't work that way. Percentages in this game are additive, not multiplicative. So if we would normally move at 50% speed, a 20% increase would just mean 70%. This is why a 220% increase is probably a typo.

Regardless, I don't want a nerf to vampires at all, I just want Nightblades to be a little better at stealth, considering the amount of skills and playstyles that rely on it. We are no more stealthier than a sorc, dk, or templar in leather armor. None of those classes rely on stealth bonuses for their class skills.
    Edited by Worstluck on June 30, 2014 9:31PM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    We are no more stealthier than a sorc, dk, or templar in leather armor. None of those classes rely on stealth bonuses for their class skills.

^
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are no more stealthier than a sorc, dk, or templar in leather armor. None of those classes rely on stealth bonuses for their class skills.

^

Dark Staker do not gives STEALTH to anyone!
    What is wrong with you, OP?

What is next? "Remove invisible potions" thread? Damn, why I said this? ><
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »

^

Dark Staker do not gives STEALTH to anyone!
    What is wrong with you, OP?

What is next? "Remove invisible potions" thread? Damn, why I said this? ><

Let's just nerf everything and be done with it.

Edited by Affrayer on July 1, 2014 3:45PM
    Pffffff
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is really ridiculous to see any class running faster in stealth than a Nightblade just because of this one passive vampire skill.

I know that NB's are not supposed to be an assassin typical MMO class, but since they rely SO much on stealth and stealth openers in pvp (for burst damage at least), they should have the best sneak in game. (Both Speed and stealth level).

Currently the vampire passive eliminates the sneak speed debuff, and gives you full speed while sneaking. That needs to be changed to be simillar to Concealed Weapon (NB skill) which increases sneak speed by 25%.

PS: There's also a 5 set bonus that acts just like the vampire passive, and it is on light armour ...

your suggestion would ruin my Sorc DW stealthing because of my no initiations.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    Fluffernutter
    Edited by Mountain_Dewed on July 1, 2014 12:26PM
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    This is the dumbest thread I've ever read.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the dumbest thread I've ever read.

What do you expect from these forums? Nabs everywhere that want everything nerfed because they don't like it and they got killed.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    I won't continue arguing with people that just can't understand that I don't complain about stealth. I complain about giving the BEST stealth speed to an optional skill line and not to the only class that operates through stealth, and stealth is essential to play viable.

If you can't understand that you are not worth my time. I won't reply to trolling kids.

If you have some real argument, say it, if not keep on trolling.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won't answer to trolls

Then don't start a troll thread. Nobody cares that you don't like that ZoS put a set in the game for you as a non-Vampire to wear that gives the same effect all because it's "Light Armor". And a NB is in FACT faster than a Non-NB Vampire with Dark Stalker because of 'Concealed Weapon' that ONLY NB gets. So grab ur 5-set bonus and toss Concealed Weapon on ur bar and bam, you are FASTER as a NB then all other classes.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am much more frustrated by sorcss teleporting all over the map than vamps sneaking fast. I can kill a vamp with no problem. I cannot finish off a sorc who can stun me and move across the map all in one move when it is lagging too bad for me to react.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    We are no more stealthier than a sorc, dk, or templar in leather armor.

If I recall correctly, other classes don't have an ability like shadow cloak.
    Edited by Affrayer on July 1, 2014 3:55PM
    Pffffff
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop.... asking... for... nerfs

xThis_Is_Why_We_Cant_Have_Nice_Things.jpg.pagespeed.ic.1dco6jlOZj.jpg
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    I am much more frustrated by sorcss teleporting all over the map than vamps sneaking fast. I can kill a vamp with no problem. I cannot finish off a sorc who can stun me and move across the map all in one move when it is lagging too bad for me to react.

I really hope you're being sarcastic right now....Bolt escape has had what...3 or 4 nerfs now? Just...no.
    Pffffff
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Affrayer wrote: »

I really hope you're being sarcastic right now....Bolt escape has had what...3 or 4 nerfs now? Just...no.

And vamp has already had 2, so *** off
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    We are no more stealthier than a sorc, dk, or templar in leather armor.

If I recall correctly, other classes don't have an ability like shadow cloak.

If I recall correctly, Shadow cloak and it's morphs are broken since launch.
    Rylana wrote: »

And vamp has already had 2, so *** off

You really need to learn the difference between fixes and nerfs.

you too!
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    "If I recall correctly, Shadow cloak and it's morphs are broken since launch."

Not entirely. Night blades are also not the only class with skills that need fixed. But that's beside the point.

"You really need to learn the difference between fixes and nerfs."

Vampire had both fixes and nerfs. They fixed the bug where multiple vampire bat swarms could be stacked on a single vampire, and lowered the vampire ability cost reduction to 7% per stage. Those were good. However they felt mist form needed not only a speed reduction, but an increased magicka cost as well. One or the other would have been fine, but both were completely unnecessary and made the skill useless in pvp, seeing as how it can still be affected by cc. Drain is also useless in pvp as it can be stopped via cc break, half the time it doesn't seem to work correctly and those who have already been cc'd are completely immune to it. The only good skill left to use is the vampire bat swarm...

And the dark stalker passive. Which, I might add, is fine as it is.

If you want to champion more nightblade 'fixes', be my guest. But don't do so at the expense of everyone else by calling for a completely unjustifiable nerf to a skill line that is already hurting.

"you too!"

...wha.......huh? That doesn't....make any sense... :|

Edited by Affrayer on July 1, 2014 7:53PM
    Pffffff
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't continue arguing with people that just can't understand that I don't complain about stealth. I complain about giving the BEST stealth speed to an optional skill line and not to the only class that operates through stealth, and stealth is essential to play viable.

If you can't understand that you are not worth my time. I won't reply to trolling kids.

If you have some real argument, say it, if not keep on trolling.

Along with my other reply about how wrong you've got NB's here's another one. ALL Classes can operate in Stealth, all of them. The ONLY difference a NB has versus any other class is a 2.5-2.9 second true invisibility. But wait, it gets better, ALL Classes have access to that as well. There is a 3 second Invisibility potion that any Class can use at will, on a CD timer of 15-30 seconds depending on if you use the Alchemy Glyphs or not. So lets recount your complaints and see whether they are valid:

#1 - Vampire gets a faster sneak speed than NB: FALSE, NB does with Vampire (or Shadow Dancer set) and Concealed Weapon on their bar.

#2 - NB is the only Class operating in Stealth: FALSE, all Classes can operate in Stealth and all Classes have access to 3 seconds of invisibility.

I'm starting to agree with other here that you are just trolling us with this thread.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Bolt escape is the most powerful skill, in terms if PVP, that I have ever experienced in any MMO. The only thing the nerf accomplished was forcing the better sorcs to tweak their resource management so that they can continue to perma teleport.

Now, it is nice to run into the bad sorcs that haven't figured out the new trick and go OOM after 2 or 3 bolt escapes.

Though, the point of my post is that I can handle someone that sneaks faster. I kill vamps all the time. Even when they get the jump on me. Particularly the bad ones that run without fire resist. I don't really see a need to nerf their sneak speed given that it is pretty harmless. What I cannot handle is someone that can teleport across the map, particularly when my FPS are 5 and I am also lagging on top of it.
    Edited by timidobserver on July 2, 2014 4:49AM

• HiP
    HiP
    ✭✭
    Why do people always ask for nerfs of others instead of askin for a buff to themselves ? that always amazes me in the MMO communities...

also, if the vampire stealth speed is what OP wants, why doesn't he just become a vampire ? problem solved. especially after he said that the drawbacks are not drawbacks, at least for him... suspicious, isn't it ?

• Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭

Bolt escape is the most powerful skill, in terms if PVP, that I have ever experienced in any MMO. The only thing the nerf accomplished was forcing the better sorcs to tweak their resource management so that they can continue to perma teleport.

Now, it is nice to run into the bad sorcs that haven't figured out the new trick and go OOM after 2 or 3 bolt escapes.

Though, the point of my post is that I can handle someone that sneaks faster. I kill vamps all the time. Even when they get the jump on me. Particularly the bad ones that run without fire resist. I don't really see a need to nerf their sneak speed given that it is pretty harmless. What I cannot handle is someone that can teleport across the map, particularly when my FPS are 5 and I am also lagging on top of it.

LOL! That first sentence was a doozy! Bahahahahaaaaa!

Watch out! That sorc is gonna steam roll ya by running away! :|

I'll take it you don't pvp much. So here's some advice from a sorc. The 'better sorcs' don't use bolt escape to run away. As much of an annoyance as it may be, they aren't the ones you should be looking out for. No, the dangerous sorcs are the ones who know how to position themselves. They use bolt escape offensively as well as defensively (as in a gap opener).

Pffffff
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolt escape does a lot more than just allow a Sorc to escape.

Mayhap youd best find out what else it does eh?
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    HiP wrote: »
    Why do people always ask for nerfs of others instead of askin for a buff to themselves ? that always amazes me in the MMO communities...

MMO mistake number 1: If you keep buffing classes in order to achieve ballance, you end up buffing the classes so much, to the point they can faceroll everything. Why do you think games like WoW,RIFT,LOTRO etc are SO facerolling easy?!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LOL! That first sentence was a doozy! Bahahahahaaaaa!

Watch out! That sorc is gonna steam roll ya by running away! :|

I'll take it you don't pvp much. So here's some advice from a sorc. The 'better sorcs' don't use bolt escape to run away. As much of an annoyance as it may be, they aren't the ones you should be looking out for. No, the dangerous sorcs are the ones who know how to position themselves. They use bolt escape offensively as well as defensively (as in a gap opener).

I actually wondered if you quoted the wrong post. I.currently rank in the top 30 on Waba(at least I was when I went to sleep last night.) That is nothing to brag about but it does demonstrate that I pvp plenty given that I do not zerg at all.

Your advice is uneeded given that I do not mind fighting a sorc that just uses Bolt Escape for positioning. What I do mind is their escape mechanic being better than any other by several orders of magnitude. Vampire sneaking is harmless compared to lolteleport while also lolstunning.

Edited by timidobserver on July 2, 2014 2:14PM

• Wolfaen
    Wolfaen
    ✭✭✭
    I am a Nightblade and I hate that I am pretty much forced to be a Vamp to be competitive in PvP. There really is not reason not to be one. Yea you take more fire damage, but get one fire resist ring and you're good. I really do not like Vamps and don't want to play one, but I can't find any good reason to drop it.

My only hope is if the Night Silence 3 set bonus gets fixed and is comparable to the vamp stealth speed. If it is, I will drop this vamp crap sh*t immediately.
    Wolfaen Moltencloak | Imperial Dragon Knight
    Wolfaen Bloodcloak | Dark Elf Nightblade
    Wolfaen | High Elf Sorcerer
  • HiP
    HiP
    ✭✭
    MMO mistake number 1: If you keep buffing classes in order to achieve ballance, you end up buffing the classes so much, to the point they can faceroll everything. Why do you think games like WoW,RIFT,LOTRO etc are SO facerolling easy?!

i didn't say you should buff... i asked why people always want to nerf the other guys insytead of asking for a buff to themselves...
    for example, the OP here, why does he want all vampires nerfed instead of asking for all NB to have the same or better stealth speed ? difference in mentality.
    is the MMO community based only on jealousy, envy and spite ?

also, hoping for balance in classes in a MMO, even more in a RvR game, is a sweet dream, if not a utopia :)
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've obviously never raided in Rift lol. Not that I disagree with your overall point, but Rift was a poor choice in comparison. Rift raiding is hard to the point of rage quitting the game for many players.
  • GhenghisRex
    GhenghisRex
    Soul Shriven
    Try being a vampire at a siege and getting hit by a fire balista or an oil pot. The 3k damage from just 1 of those balances it out pretty well. That, and the large number of players using fire attacks, plus the Undeath passive not even working. Vampires don't need a nerf to the one thing they have going for them right now.
    -Leader of The Evil Tyrannos
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Try being a vampire at a siege and getting hit by a fire balista or an oil pot. The 3k damage from just 1 of those balances it out pretty well. That, and the large number of players using fire attacks, plus the Undeath passive not even working. Vampires don't need a nerf to the one thing they have going for them right now.

I don't go near zergs as it is completelly not my playstyle.

But I can bet that, at V12 with proper gear and a good fire resist ring, the damage won't be 3k.
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »

You've obviously never raided in Rift lol. Not that I disagree with your overall point, but Rift was a poor choice in comparison. Rift raiding is hard to the point of rage quitting the game for many players.

Yeah you're right, RIFT indeed had proper raiding, but I was talking about the game in general. All it's solo content and the 6man dungs were not something special.