The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf/Change Dark Stalker passive (Vampire)

• PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And what if I decide, as a NB to not play as a vampire? Becoming a vampire should be an OPTION, opening up different abilities, not a requirement to being good at stealthing. As it stands now, I am gimping myself because I don't want to be a vampire. There is something wrong with that.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Bolt escape..Im a DK. I am gimping myself because I don't wan to be a sorc.

see what i did there? ;)
  • Frinkles
    Frinkles
    ✭✭
    1: For a solo/small group player (like myself) sneak speed has EVERYTHING to do with how you engage targets. I can't start to imagine how many oportunities I have lost because I wasn't fast enough with buffs and ambush induction. (all coming from stealth possition the right time)

2: Steed stone is not an option. Shadow gives a 10% crit magnitude which is just too much to waste.

3: A NB assassin would nerf itself too much wearing light armour just to get shadow dancer's set

4: I don't really care about lore in pvp, but lore-wise assassins wear leather armour, not robes...

1st. Solo/small groups don't change anything its placebo effect, the vampire perk does not account for the cost of stamina. AKA the faster you go the more stamina you burn, most of my fights I start with almost no stamina because of this. So it comes with a significant cost specially if you are running med armor/stamina

2nd. 10% crit damage is negligible when you consider the times you actually get to shadowy cloak -> into concealed weapon, you must not be near AoE, near something using magelight, not have a dot in any target nor have any dot on you. So yea the bonus of shadow stone is negligible.

3. Light Armor is better for assassin nightblades as simple as that even with the buffs to med armor light armor is still far superiour for NBs. (med armor could be an option now for sorcs tho)

4. Lore doesn't care for you either then! >:O You are not an assassin tho, you are a nightblade, a mage using illusion magic, might I guide you to one of the books to enlighten you? Mystery of Princess Talara is perfect example of how nightblades exist within lore.
    Edited by Frinkles on June 30, 2014 8:20AM
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Frinkles wrote: »
    1: For a solo/small group player (like myself) sneak speed has EVERYTHING to do with how you engage targets. I can't start to imagine how many oportunities I have lost because I wasn't fast enough with buffs and ambush induction. (all coming from stealth possition the right time)

2: Steed stone is not an option. Shadow gives a 10% crit magnitude which is just too much to waste.

3: A NB assassin would nerf itself too much wearing light armour just to get shadow dancer's set

4: I don't really care about lore in pvp, but lore-wise assassins wear leather armour, not robes...

1st. Solo/small groups don't change anything its placebo effect, the vampire perk does not account for the cost of stamina. AKA the faster you go the more stamina you burn, most of my fights I start with almost no stamina because of this. So it comes with a significant cost specially if you are running med armor/stamina

2nd. 10% crit damage is negligible when you consider the times you actually get to shadowy cloak -> into concealed weapon, you must not be near AoE, near something using magelight, not have a dot in any target nor have any dot on you. So yea the bonus of shadow stone is negligible.

3. Light Armor is better for assassin nightblades as simple as that even with the buffs to med armor light armor is still far superiour for NBs. (med armor could be an option now for sorcs tho)

4. Lore doesn't care for you either then! >:O You are not an assassin tho, you are a nightblade, a mage using illusion magic, might I guide you to one of the books to enlighten you? Mystery of Princess Talara is perfect example of how nightblades exist within lore.

What does shadow stone has to do with concealed weapon? Shadow stone boosts crit damage. My NB's crit chance is 60%... What are you talking about?

Again if you think light armour is best for a burst damage NB then learn to play.

About the lore thingy, yeah I bet you yould link me to 100 books from the ES series and it would still not change facts. A shadow/assassination NB on medium armour and DW is the definition of an MMO traditional assassin/rogue type. You rely on stealth opener and the next 2-3 hits that follow. If your target is not dead by then you might as well go invisible and run cause you'll die.
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    I want Bolt escape..Im a DK. I am gimping myself because I don't wan to be a sorc.

see what i did there? ;)

Yeah everyone saw... A fail troll attempt. You compared a class with a disease (vampirism).

Awesome argument!
  • hasselhoffman
    hasselhoffman
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see more downsides to being a vampire to make them feel more like... vampires. Hear me out.

I hope when the justice system comes out being a vampire in stage four makes guards attack you and being stage three makes people talk to you suspiciously or comment on you being sick.

Issue I have with vampire is that its supposed to be a social taboo and that is supposed to be the inconvenience. If it had all those issues to deal with maybe make them stronger at night and weaker during the day it would balance out all the buffs they get.

I'd even say if they did it right and made them weaker during the day they should make them even stronger than they are now at night.

You know - vampire stuff.

I do think its incredibly strange that they can move like that during the day - I think it should be better than it is now and only at night. At night in cyrodil people should be concerned that the werewolves and vampires will be at there peak strength. I think thats where ESO dropped the ball.
    Edited by Laura on June 30, 2014 2:14PM
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    I'd like to see more downsides to being a vampire to make them feel more like... vampires. Here me out.

I hope when the justice system being a vampire in stage four makes guards attack you and being stage three makes people talk to you suspiciously or comment on you being sick.

Issue I have with vampire is that its supposed to be a social taboo and that is supposed to be the inconvenience. If it had all those issues to deal with maybe make them stronger at night and weaker during the day it would balance out all the buffs they get.

I'd even say if they did it right and made them weaker during the day they should make them even stronger than they are now at night.

You know - vampire stuff.

I do think its incredibly strange that they can move like that during the day - I think it should be better than it is now and only at night. At night in cyrodil people should be concerned that the werewolves and vampires will be at there peak strength. I think thats where ESO dropped the ball.

A good Idea would be to have Dark Stalker and Undeath (when works) to work only during the night.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, one of these threads...

k1AbkIF.jpg
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry but OP needs to step back and take a stroll out in the "real world". Its not a disease..its a skill line provided you within a game.
  • ugabite
    ugabite
    Soul Shriven
    It is really ridiculous to see any class running faster in stealth than a Nightblade just because of this one passive vampire skill.

I know that NB's are not supposed to be an assassin typical MMO class, but since they rely SO much on stealth and stealth openers in pvp (for burst damage at least), they should have the best sneak in game. (Both Speed and stealth level).

Currently the vampire passive eliminates the sneak speed debuff, and gives you full speed while sneaking. That needs to be changed to be simillar to Concealed Weapon (NB skill) which increases sneak speed by 25%.

PS: There's also a 5 set bonus that acts just like the vampire passive, and it is on light armour ...

• yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    @Xael I already said I won't reply to trolls
    sorry but OP needs to step back and take a stroll out in the "real world". Its not a disease..its a skill line provided you within a game.

Vampirism is a disease. It has always been on ES series which included traditional elements of the disease like taking damage from the sun, being vulnerable to silver etc...

Yes the skill line is being provided to you in-game, but it should be an option. A NB should NOT be forced to be a vamp just because it has the best sneaking ingame.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno if anyone noticed, but the Night's Silence set no longer increases health regen by 40% while hidden, according to my screen, three pieces increases movement while hidden by 220%.

It was changed. Or it's displaying the wrong tool tip.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno if anyone noticed, but the Night's Silence set no longer increases health regen by 40% while hidden, according to my screen, three pieces increases movement while hidden by 220%.

We have already been through that... It's a typo and it's also not working.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I saw it's not working... But that's an awfully big typo. I see there's a typo in the description (a misspelling), but we sure the entire change is a typo?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • ugabite
    ugabite
    Soul Shriven
    the drawbacks for being a vampire atm are extreme in pvp i became one on nightblade simply for the stealth speed buff which i quite enjoy.i disagree with you op if vamp didnt have this passive it be a completely useless skill line in pvp . so much fire damage ingame atm from players and siege equip that even playing vamp for this passive is borderline viable and only fits certain playstyles and as the game develops the vamp counters will increase. the faster vamps you complaining about are actually nightblades as concealed bonus stacks with vamp buff. i agree its very strong and i would prefer it to be on a set bonus so i could drop vamp but why ask for a nerf to it i dont get it vamp is a free kill for you anytime you see one with expert hunter/camo hunter
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I saw it's not working... But that's an awfully big typo. I see there's a typo in the description (a misspelling), but we sure the entire change is a typo?

No I'm just assuming. It won't be 220% that's just ridiculous... Who would need a horse then?

It is probably meant to say 20% or 22% (if the change was actually intended to happen in the first place)

BTW is it working after the today's patch? I'm on EU server...
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No I'm just assuming. It won't be 220% that's just ridiculous... Who would need a horse then?

It is probably meant to say 20% or 22% (if the change was actually intended to happen in the first place)

I haven't been able to play yet today, couldn't say for sure.
    Now, if it's an increase of 220% to the -stealth- speed, that'd put it right around normal movement speed wouldn't it? Since Sneak speed is about half of normal movement speed, right?

50% x 220% = 110%, yes?
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭

Now, if it's an increase of 220% to the -stealth- speed, that'd put it right around normal movement speed wouldn't it? Since Sneak speed is about half of normal movement speed, right?

50% x 220% = 110%, yes?

Oh.. It goes like this? Then it might not be overkill after all. Still too powerfull for a 3set bonus.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

50% x 220% = 110%, yes?

Oh.. It goes like this? Then it might not be overkill after all. Still too powerfull for a 3set bonus.

I don't know if it does or not, would make sense though.

Hard to say one way or the other with it not working at all.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xael I already said I won't reply to trolls

Yet you just replied to a "troll" or whatever you consider one.
    I really don't care if you reply to me or not.

It is really ridiculous to see any class running faster in stealth than a Nightblade just because of this one passive vampire skill.

I know that NB's are not supposed to be an assassin typical MMO class, but since they rely SO much on stealth and stealth openers in pvp (for burst damage at least), they should have the best sneak in game. (Both Speed and stealth level).

Currently the vampire passive eliminates the sneak speed debuff, and gives you full speed while sneaking. That needs to be changed to be simillar to Concealed Weapon (NB skill) which increases sneak speed by 25%.

PS: There's also a 5 set bonus that acts just like the vampire passive, and it is on light armour ...

One by one, whiney people cry for unnecessary nerfs because they either can't perform up to standard or are simply blinded by jealousy. It's quite irritating to see stuff like this day after day... lazy people either too myopic or inept to adapt.

For the record, anyone can be a vampire, including you. Moreover Nightblades have abilities they can use to close the gap immediately from Sneak or from Cloak (which currently gives THEM the upper hand on sneaking). It's called Ambush, you should try using it. Stop whining.

By the way, congrats on pointing out Concealed Weapon and Shadow Dancer's Raiment. You failed to mention that both of these synergize with Dark Stalker and several Nightblades capitalize on this, making them unrivaled in the "stealth" department.

Furthermore who are you to decide what should have the best anything? Considering how many Nightblades take Vampire (a lot), I find it strange you whine about it being overpowered.

Fact is, threads like these are commonplace around here. Trying to have an intelligent discussion from someone else's false construct is like trying to nail jell-o to the wall.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf or nothing! Nerf NErf NErf! NEEREEEERREREREF!

Why? Play a Vampire Nightblsde and you will go superfast. I play a vampire nightblade. You have the option, just play it. People who are vampires take huge risks fhaving severely less hp drain and have to waste glyph spots for fire resistance or we get smoked from Fire in a snap, so its an even trade off.

NEEERF!
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »

One by one, whiney people cry for unnecessary nerfs because they either can't perform up to standard or are simply blinded by jealousy. It's quite irritating to see stuff like this day after day... lazy people either too myopic or inept to adapt.

For the record, anyone can be a vampire, including you. Moreover Nightblades have abilities they can use to close the gap immediately from Sneak or from Cloak (which currently gives THEM the upper hand on sneaking). It's called Ambush, you should try using it. Stop whining.

By the way, congrats on pointing out Concealed Weapon and Shadow Dancer's Raiment. You failed to mention that both of these synergize with Dark Stalker and several Nightblades capitalize on this, making them unrivaled in the "stealth" department.

Furthermore who are you to decide what should have the best anything? Considering how many Nightblades take Vampire (a lot), I find it strange you whine about it being overpowered.

Fact is, threads like these are commonplace around here. Trying to have an intelligent discussion from someone else's false construct is like trying to nail jell-o to the wall.

You are talking like I'm some sort of zergbaby that can't fight on his own. I don't complain because I can't kill vamps. I complain because the best sneaking movement speed buff is NOT given to the only class that relies on stealth to win the fights. It is given to a special skill line and rather "forcing" NB's to take it if they want play at the full potential.

A DK, a sorc or a templar can afford being ambushed. A shadow/assassination NB can NOT.
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭

50% x 220% = 110%, yes?

On a second though I think it is indeed a typo. Vampire+3set bonus of that set+concealed weapon would run with 245% speed while sneaking.. yeah..
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP
    Think, Vampires overpowered? Ok, become a Vampire and you will see that "OPness"...
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are talking like I'm some sort of zergbaby that can't fight on his own. I don't complain because I can't kill vamps. I complain because the best sneaking movement speed buff is NOT given to the only class that relies on stealth to win the fights. It is given to a special skill line and rather "forcing" NB's to take it if they want play at the full potential.

A DK, a sorc or a templar can afford being ambushed. A shadow/assassination NB can NOT.

Oh I know exactly what I am talking to. Your posts are clear on this matter.

You should know... not everyone is a vamp. Particularly after last week's patch.

Also saying Nightblades is the "only class that relies on stealth to win fights" is a downright lie. Every class uses Sneak to set up attacks or avoid zergs. Nightblades can actually vanish right in front of someone's face. Furthermore some of the most popular NB builds barely utilize "stealth" to fight.

And while I am at it... Sorcerer's and Templars get wrecked from ambush all the damn time, as do DKs. Secondly, some of the most durable pvp templates I have seen have been Nightblades... As a former emp, I can verify this with certainty.

Nightblades are not forced to take Vampire to reach their full potential as not all Nightblades play the typical mmo 'rogue' template. All of the top nightblades happen to be cloth / staff users, as this happens to be the most dps / survivability. Even still, Nightblades with or without Vampire are leaps and bounds ahead of the other 3 classes in the "stealth" department.

So please... stop claiming victimhood and cut with the "this needs a nerf" rhetoric, it's pathetic.
    Edited by Xael on June 30, 2014 8:15PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

50% x 220% = 110%, yes?

On a second though I think it is indeed a typo. Vampire+3set bonus of that set+concealed weapon would run with 245% speed while sneaking.. yeah..

Only if they stack.
  • Alephen
    Alephen
    ✭✭✭
    Alephen wrote: »
    of course certain benefits are going to be in certain lines, and if you want those benefits you need choose that line. if you shouldnt be forced to be a vampire for the speed, then why should someone else be forced to be a nightblade for the stealth bonuses?

Have you even looked at my previous posts? NB's should be better at stealth, because 2 out of their 3 spec lines focus on stealth to get close to the damage of other classes. I didn't say other classes shouldn't have access to stealth, I said it should be less powerfull than that of the NBs.
    Alephen wrote: »
    a much better argument could be made to give nightblades a passive speed bonus of maybe half the vampire speed. or even make each line independant and have no classes whatsoever. but to take it away from vampires would make no sense.

NBs have an access to faster stealth. They should waste a morph of a 40% armour debuff (opener), to get a 25% stealth boost which results to a total ~ 62.5% overall stealth speed vs 100% vampire stealth speed...

so your arguement is that while you have access to everything you want, you would have to make a choice, and you want to have all the benefits with no tradeoffs. gotcha. 62.5% stealth speed sounds perfectly balanced. well done zenemax.

your argument, translated to my templar:
    i want 10x heal multiplier for templars! i am used to playing big heal clerics and want mana regen with the heavy armor set so that i can play the way i envisioned the class! and no trade offs for these bigger heals or more mana, because that would be unfair! oh, and heavy armor needs to give spell resistance, no way a caster in cloth should take less damage than a me in plate!
    Edited by Alephen on June 30, 2014 8:46PM
  • yelloweyedemon
    yelloweyedemon
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    To the OP
    Think, Vampires overpowered? Ok, become a Vampire and you will see that "OPness"...

Did I say that vamps are OP? Seriously people ... ? I just said that Dark Stalker is too powerfull to give to every class

Oh I know exactly what I am talking to. Your posts are clear on this matter.

You should know... not everyone is a vamp. Particularly after last week's patch.

Also saying Nightblades is the "only class that relies on stealth to win fights" is a downright lie. Every class uses Sneak to set up attacks or avoid zergs. Nightblades can actually vanish right in front of someone's face. Furthermore some of the most popular NB builds barely utilize "stealth" to fight.

And while I am at it... Sorcerer's and Templars get wrecked from ambush all the damn time, as do DKs. Secondly, some of the most durable pvp templates I have seen have been Nightblades... As a former emp, I can verify this with certainty.

Nightblades are not forced to take Vampire to reach their full potential as not all Nightblades play the typical mmo 'rogue' template. All of the top nightblades happen to be cloth / staff users, as this happens to be the most dps / survivability. Even still, Nightblades with or without Vampire are leaps and bounds ahead of the other 3 classes in the "stealth" department.

So please... stop claiming victimhood and cut with the "this needs a nerf" rhetoric, it's pathetic.

"uses sneak to escape zergs" has NOTHING to do with combat.

Also "popular NB builds" mean nothing. Most people just zerg, so they go with light armour and staff since it's the best thing for zerging. Hiding behind 50 healers and 100 other dps players does not include any player skill. I could go and create THE zerg build, and be a cloth wearing glass cannon, and die within 2 hits from someone else if I get caught off my zerg pals.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I tested an hour or two ago, still not working:
    Samadhi wrote: »
    Using a stopwatch, from one defined point to another.

Normal sneak speed: 43 seconds

3 piece Night's Silence ("220% sneak speed"): 42.5 seconds

Non-equiped, but Concealed Weapon (25% stealthed move speed) slotted: 36.5 seconds

5 piece Shadow Dancer's Raiment (no stealth move penalty): 25 Seconds

3 piece Night's Silence definitely isn't doing what is stated in description.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/116116/nightblades-vampires-and-the-night-s-silence-set-bonus

Still looking for some official word on if this change is intentional and how it's supposed to work once it is properly working though. =/
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.