Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Tactics in Celarus - PVP exploits\un-intended functions

Citidel
Citidel
✭✭✭
As everyone is aware and whatnot I'd just like to say its great that the tactics used in Celarus are viable to PVP in The Elder Scrolls Online.

If you are unsure of the new rules let me place them below:
These are not exploits and are the only viable way to play on Celarus.
  • Defending keeps with 20 Oil Pots in a location that is not even near combat or in a location(s) that make no tactical sense (see outside the keep)
  • People from opposing factions not fighting each other but standing on top of or near each other during a siege, or your own faction. This is what PVP is about.
  • Refusing to Defend a Keep that they are actively within, but still gaining Defense AP.
  • If you are not part of the Retake cycle you are a "Pug" or "noob" or "hang out with that [snip] Puddles"
  • If you take a scroll you are to IMMEDIATELY GIVE it to someone in the top 10 on the leader board so they can go "Farm AP" doing otherwise you will be marked as a bad player and not to be trusted.
  • Everyone in zone that disagrees with these tactics should result in reporting the player(s) for Harassment.
  • Refusal to follow these tactics will result in shamming and otherwise reporting of said players.
  • Immediately after crowning Emperor for your faction you are to leave the campaign and go to another location to enjoy PVP. Because the only reason you do anything in PVP is to crown an Emperor.
  • Buffs, scrolls, keeps, Emperor buff and anything else is not used for anything and do not effect your gameplay. They are just suggestions for future changes by the Dev's anyway.

Glad that the people that are getting emperor are doing it so legitimately I cant even think that this wouldn't be how PVP is intended to be in all campaigns. Once this game hits consoles and the PC Beta is over I hope they lay these rules out for each campaign

Thank you all for your time and enjoy your PVP from now on with the new rules of engagement.

-Citidel

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity and Conspiracy Theories & Misinformation]
Citidel
Officer of The Noore
Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • Gundorf_GA
    Gundorf_GA
    Soul Shriven
    Wow you spent a long time writing such a whiney post. I don't think PvP is for you.
    Edited by Gundorf_GA on June 22, 2014 12:51AM
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    No probably not, defending keeps and killing opposing factions is what PVP is for me. But 1 guy vs an entire company and everyone else wont do much so I figured I'd post the official rules so others wont fall down the same path of "u mad bro" that I have gone down.

@bsheffield2008ub17_ESO‌ no 11? I'm definitely an 11 not a 10.
    Edited by Citidel on June 22, 2014 12:57AM
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • mikeymike2785b14_ESO
    You know wabbajack has none of these issues. Laggy sometimes? Yes. Que times? Yes (go pick flowers or go gather mats ya big baby) but you get NONE of those issues.
    Edited by mikeymike2785b14_ESO on June 22, 2014 2:30AM
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    "Defending keeps with 20 Oil Pots in a location that is not even near combat or in a location(s) that make no tactical sense (see outside the keep)" - what r waste!
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the 20 oil pots thing isn't to "defend" anything - it's to max out the siege engine cap so that players who aren't on the "right page" and actually wish to defend a keep, can't wrong-headedly place actual siege engines out where they might actually defend, and thus slow the cycle down.

It's a Denial of Service attack on legitimate siege engines.
  • CaptainSilverbrow
    CaptainSilverbrow
    ✭✭✭
    Gundorf_GA wrote: »
    Wow you spent a long time writing such a whiney post. I don't think PvP is for you.

So in other words, you agree with subverting the system via cartel-esque collusion, strong-arming, and manipulation so a hundred score players can spuriously gain the Former Emperor buff and corresponding awards, a clear and obvious abuse of such a system? The idea is that these systems only function because fair play is enforced.

Never been to Celarus, but it's pretty damning that this has been going on so long, despite multiple threads on this.
    I don't think PvP is for you.
    I like your definition of "PvP", stand around in your menus, don't engage in combat, don't use the system for actual PvP conduct, stand around, do nothing, reap points in such a manner as to violate/invalidate the terms of service, collude with players to earn a buff and ranks you don't deserve; castigate and berate players for requesting proper enforcement of the rules or trying to play fairly and legitimately. I love it, it's straight out of a screenplay about the mob building Atlantic City into an east coast Las Vegas.
    Edited by CaptainSilverbrow on June 22, 2014 3:08AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citidel wrote: »
    As everyone is aware and whatnot I'd just like to say its great that the tactics used in Celarus are viable to PVP in The Elder Scrolls Online.

If you are unsure of the new rules let me place them below:
    These are not exploits and are the only viable way to play on Celarus.
    • Defending keeps with 20 Oil Pots in a location that is not even near combat or in a location(s) that make no tactical sense (see outside the keep)
    • People from opposing factions not fighting each other but standing on top of or near each other during a siege, or your own faction. This is what PVP is about.
    • Refusing to Defend a Keep that they are actively within, but still gaining Defense AP.
    • If you are not part of the Retake cycle you are a "Pug" or "noob" or "hang out with that [snip] Puddles"
    • If you take a scroll you are to IMMEDIATELY GIVE it to someone in the top 10 on the leader board so they can go "Farm AP" doing otherwise you will be marked as a bad player and not to be trusted.
    • Everyone in zone that disagrees with these tactics should result in reporting the player(s) for Harassment.
    • Refusal to follow these tactics will result in shamming and otherwise reporting of said players.
    • Immediately after crowning Emperor for your faction you are to leave the campaign and go to another location to enjoy PVP. Because the only reason you do anything in PVP is to crown an Emperor.
    • Buffs, scrolls, keeps, Emperor buff and anything else is not used for anything and do not effect your gameplay. They are just suggestions for future changes by the Dev's anyway.

Glad that the people that are getting emperor are doing it so legitimately I cant even think that this wouldn't be how PVP is intended to be in all campaigns. Once this game hits consoles and the PC Beta is over I hope they lay these rules out for each campaign

Thank you all for your time and enjoy your PVP from now on with the new rules of engagement.

-Citidel

:(

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version.]
    Edited by ZOS_AmeliaR on June 23, 2014 7:09PM
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the campaigns are getting reset and HOPEFULLY few campaigns so this become a non issue.

Certain things you mentioned will still happen. Maybe not quite as you described it but SURE you might see AD stand back while DC and EP fight it out and AD swoop in when your most vulnerable.

The oil pot thing SURE gonna see more of that, guess just need to devise a tactic around whatever it is they are doing.

Make sure you join a PVP guild that has no intention in letting the other factions crown a emperor. Theres MANY like minded people out there.

Currently Wabbajack IS the best/only pvp server so hopefully the devs learn from this and don't make another stupid mistake. We need 1 campaign unlocked at a time till it is full then another unlocked and there needs to be NO guesting or campaign hopping.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't join a week campaign. Lobby against week campaigns. Poll that emp not be awarded in week campaigns.Laugh at those who received emp from celarus and like campaigns..This is what I do.

Wabbajack indeed does not suffer from any of this.

signed,Grateful
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    low population campaign should be eliminated to prevent issue like this from happening.
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    low population campaign should be eliminated to prevent issue like this from happening.

Well next cycle there SHOULDNT be low pop campaigns. IF there are the DEVs are screwing PVP again and we all have to look for another Wabbajack.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would "hope" that if a server were reported enough(like gold bots) that a GM would show up to a server to investigate this type of behavior and yes, shut it down if they saw fit.
  • mikeymike2785b14_ESO
    The devs are doing what they can. I'm not saying they aren't doing their job, but for them to monitor whole servers isn't as easy or as simple as you might think. Accidentally deleting servers ? Sure that's easy. Responsibly handling their game according to the response/ requests / demands of the gamers... That takes effort. Effort I've seen zenimax honestly put forth, but not at the speed of the masses preferences.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy enough to have someone on hand to investigate this type of occurrence and if its rampant as described it will be easy to recognize.

Simply reset server and all ap gained on it if this behavior is found. "ROLL BACK" (It happens all the time on wabbajack "randomly" Why cant they do it "on purpose" to prevent this?)
  • Affrayer
    Affrayer
    ✭✭✭
    Gundorf_GA wrote: »

Wow you spent literally no time reading the op at all. I don't think this forum is for you.

Satire ≠ Whiny

And now we wait for a fix.....it will come.......eventually......maybe....Oh wait we need to put in the arena first. Nevermind guys. :|
    Pffffff
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    @Shaun98ca2 the 90 day campaigns are back for another cycle... we wont see those 5 better campaigns till 1.3 or so... and 1.1 was clag. So 90 more days of this.

@Affrayer‌ I'm glad a few found it correctly as Satire and not "BOO HOO I"M NOT AN EMPEROR" or whatever they think it is.

I've already decided that PVP has more then enough bugs excluding this, but at this point any PVP I get to enjoy (That isn't on Wabbajack) gets ruined... repeatedly because X guild needs to add another person to the "Former Emperor" list.

And a bit of a side note, I don't want to be Emperor, I dont want the "Former Emperor" title, why? because that's not what PVP is to me. So maybe these are all PVE people that "Need" those titles to get their internet points in PVE doing trials... in that case they need to re-think what they are doing. Cause my PVP internet points are worth the same as their PVE internet points.

I'd love to support an emperor that stayed in the campaign and did more then take scrolls and sit in keeps.
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

• Zubba
    Zubba
    ✭✭✭
    something has to be done
    Add PvP loot drops for some risk/reward in this game.

Captain Morgan Society
    Zub

How'd ya feel like scraping the barncles off me rudder.. Matey..
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS can patch players for you.
    With the exception of oil every issue you listed there OP is to do with players mindset or attitudes, those are outside ZOS control. If you're not happy with the other people playing in that campaign, leave when the 90days are up, those are not the only players in this game and you'll find better ones elsewhere.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, people actually care about Celarus? Ive never once seen it over 1 bar pop in every faction. Not once.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Gloran
    Gloran
    ✭✭
    @Rylana
    People care about their own opinions and need to rub them into other peoples faces as much as possible.
    Officer of Alacrity
    Niwilav - AD Sorc VR12
    Nivilaw - AD Nightblade VR12
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oil potting may sound trivial when you think about it individually. But consider that the whole game is now focused on creating situations to use oil pots.

For example.
    *Taking a scroll so that you can enter a building and stack oil pots rather than take it to your faction
    * Taking a farm so that you can enter the tower and stack oil pots rather than take it for your faction
    * Taking an outpost so that you can enter the outpost and stack oil pots rather than take it for your faction

^this is at least half of the action on wabbajack. With even the scrolls being trivialized and overshadowed by oilpotting it should be clear there is a problem with the way they work.
    Edited by Armitas on June 22, 2014 10:12AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    It's fine let the kiddies sit on their bean bag chair thrones with their dunce crowns. The men will fighting a war on a real server like Wabba.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Wait, people actually care about Celarus? Ive never once seen it over 1 bar pop in every faction. Not once.

yes - people actually care about Celarus - and surprise surprise people actually care about the game also

those of you farming Celarus clearly care about neither

1) Celarus, though not a 3 bar full pop server like Wabbajack, was one of the the only 'small pop campaigns' that was legitimately active - instead of the 40-80vs40-80 battles we often have fun with in Wabba, it was more on the lines of 5-25vs5-25 - this is why you never saw it's pop bar above 1
    you do realize that you can have say 150 players in each alliance having great times in PvP and the pop bar doesn't go above 1?

2) The mindset, 'tactics', harassment, abuse and exploiting that you emperor farmers are delighting in has ruined the Celarus server, and by extension the game for some people
    There are very very few legit players left on Celarus after the emp farmers came in - the harassment dished out in zone and private chat by them has been disgusting, dishonorable and discouraging

even more discouraging is the lack of a swift response from ZOS in terms of addressing this - @ZOS_BrianWheeler has mentioned cryptically that he is aware of the situation on Celarus - even just a couple of paragraph statement addressing the issue DIRECTLY and whether these 'tactics' are sanctioned or not would be of huge benefit to the rest of us the community
    Gloran wrote: »
    @Rylana
    People care about their own opinions and need to rub them into other peoples faces as much as possible.

again, people care when a band of bullies that includes a coalition/cartel involving the other factions moves in and starts ruining a server and the game

the emp farmers are like a bunch of undisciplined children running rampant through a candy store when the owner is in the back room - if another kid speaks out that it's wrong they gang up on him and with that cruelty found so often with mob mentality, try and subvert him

the kid knows it's wrong, and that the candy store might well have to be shut down because of this - and keeps on speaking out his 'own opinion' simply because it's the right thing to do, not because he likes the sound of his own voice, or likes getting constantly kicked by the other kids

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on June 22, 2014 12:56PM
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm wars is what its all about nuff said get over it and move on,
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yes yes yes the devs don't care that ppl are cheating and using lame tactics. this is not new:/ hopefully they put a stop to it soon
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry my opinion differs from everyone else and I just "want to cry about it" or "ram it down other peoples throats" but sadly I am entitled to my opinion till ZOS comes in, closes this thread and/or bans me.

I'd love to see a reason for 40 people getting emperor that isn't "lol cause we can" or "we need it for trials because X group has a super fast time and we need internet points"

I'm also sorry that I feel being forced to siege cap and having to play random siege to even try to defend is the only way to get anything done when a group of people decide to preform this action.

When I PVP I don't want my own faction being the reason I cant defend... how freaking hard is that to understand? I'm so sorry you cant get Emperor in 30 minutes, so very sorry that the game actually has to function in a way that doesn't give you a loot pinata and awards\titles when you reach a certain level of internet points.

So those of you going "Hue hue this noob is crying because of x reason"go for it, that is your thing. If you are the person's doing the actions and come in to say that "I'm crying about nothing" or "you cant stop it and its game legal" then maybe you are right and I'm just blowing steam out my ass because my $15 is worth less then your $15, maybe its because I didn't buy the imperial edition or was in every beta... that's gotta be it.
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

• Izatar
    Izatar
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure most of the commentators in this thread don't even understand what you are talking about.
    You went over their head. Didn't spell it out for them clearly enough.

The sad fact is that the players on your own faction are the enemy, not the other factions. Dumb people so clueless don't even get it. :( PvP is a charade in this game.

The few that do 'get it', and still like it, are the people who don't actually want properly adjudicated PvP because the truth hurts them.
    Edited by Izatar on June 23, 2014 1:00AM
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izatar wrote: »
    I am pretty sure most of the commentators in this thread don't even understand what you are talking about.
    You went over their head. Didn't spell it out for them clearly enough.

The sad fact is that the players on your own faction are the enemy, not the other factions. Dumb people so clueless don't even get it. :( PvP is a charade in this game.

The few that do 'get it', and still like it, are the people who don't actually want properly adjudicated PvP because the truth hurts them.

yup - at this point i'd rather it be full on open sandbox with full loot - because when your own alliance are sabotaging you, and chain pulling a dozen enemy up onto the inner keep walls to fire down on their own alliance from above while they stand beside them and laugh, it's pretty much done with - nothing we can do about it

at least that way we could kill the jerks, or die trying

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • willdmac_ESO
    willdmac_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    well this is whats now happening on celarus Aldemeri dominion and daggerfall covenenant are just flipping the keeps back and forth without even breaking down walls! dragonknights on the opposing team are dragging the other alliance up and letting them take the keep without destroying walls also whenever ebonhart pact tries to take a keep DC and AD get together and stop us together without attacking eachother AKA TEAM GREEN you would think a GM would find out the emperors that are doing this and BAN them. but instead they arnt doing ***. Emperor isnt going to be worth *** anymore its no longer a title that is hard to get to and something that you strive for when you can just flip keeps back and forth. Answer this zenimax are you saying things like this are ok when you have players that are PAYING for a game that can now easily be done?