The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodiil Tactics in Celarus - PVP exploits\un-intended functions

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plain and simple. If you are pulled into a keep without a wall being down all the way."Insta death". That way those who want to fight against this behavior will build walls up and those who want to get into a keep must tear down atleast one wall.

Therefore if anyone is sitting in a keep with walls down and they're not actively fighting off an attacker honest people ( and I believe there are honest people in every faction) can go and simply repair the wall that's down.

or..make it so walls insta repair after 15 mins of non activity on the keep.

I tell you, if i get bored with wabbajack or PvP in general Ill figure out a way to bring my friends in to try and stop this..call me what you want in zone..Ill turn it off. Ill run around and farm enemy factions waiting for [snip] to flip.Ill get my ap from rebuilding every keep and castle in the farking kingdom if I have to. :p

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on June 23, 2014 2:11PM
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    @Tintinabula‌ I fear that there will be no changes.

I've heard though different sources they are focused on the console version and the PC Beta will have to wait till they finish that and release it before anything gets done. Possibly sometime after that, due to them re-balancing it for consoles and the PC version getting tossed out entirely.

Hopefully not true but seeing as we have to wait till 1.3 drops to see less campaigns and Night Blades being underpar since beta... and a laundry list of other things being broken since alpha... I dont see much changing so might as well make a ZOS Approved logo to post in every bug\exploit thread from here on out.

If you see the need to talk to the AD side against this shout at @Dleatherus he heads up a group of like minded people and they tend to be in short supply.

-Citidel
    Edited by Citidel on June 23, 2014 2:06PM
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I was thinking no patch on Monday like we are supposed to have. Campaigns are resetting VERY soon.

Maybe they are going to reduce the number of campaigns and their length on the day of the reset while pushing out Monday+Friday's patch to reduce overall downtime but increased downtime on Patch day for campaign reset.

Heres Hoping
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Citidel wrote: »

I've heard though different sources they are focused on the console version and the PC Beta will have to wait till they finish that and release it before anything gets done. Possibly sometime after that, due to them re-balancing it for consoles and the PC version getting tossed out entirely.

Hopefully not true but seeing as we have to wait till 1.3 drops to see less campaigns and Night Blades being underpar since beta... and a laundry list of other things being broken since alpha... I dont see much changing so might as well make a ZOS Approved logo to post in every bug\exploit thread from here on out.

If you see the need to talk to the AD side against this shout at @Dleatherus he heads up a group of like minded people and they tend to be in short supply.

-Citidel

Nightblades arent underpar still and your sources regarding the console are friends speculating.
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH‌ at times I wish it was friends speculating. NDA on the conversations pointing to this being the "truth" or at least "half-true" from my reasoning. But as I have proven I dont seem to have the same expectations as others for Zenimax or ESO; I haven't been given much to hope for.

I'm willing to say I know nothing about nightblades other then they have had issues though 1.2 is supposed to fix many of them or at-least make them better.
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

"Posts and comments are not necessarily the feelings of The Noore or Water Cu as I am my own person with my own opinions"
  • Kiljaz
    Kiljaz
    ✭✭✭

-Citidel

Got to love paying to play PC Beta...
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gundorf_GA wrote: »
    Wow you spent a long time writing such a whiney post. I don't think PvP is for you.

The activities he describes are not PvP. They're just players exploiting a system prone to be cheated.

This is a difficult thing to fix, as cheaters tend to be pretty clever about finding the path of least resistance.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• willdmac_ESO
    willdmac_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Not really difficult to fix make emperor able to be crowned only once a day at a certain time your factions have to have the most middle keeps would drive off the farmers bc only 1 person a day could attain emperorship I believe that it makes more sense anyway since a emperor doesn't give up his titles just because his keeps are taken should have the chance to win them back
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    The walls do repair themselves.... VERY VERY slowly, but they do. As far as oil pot farming.. Meh... Purge and move on..
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    *Taking a scroll so that you can enter a building and stack oil pots rather than take it to your faction

Teach people to ignore this. I mean the scroll goes back to where they took it from after an hour. So, let them sit in their building with no one coming to be farmed for an hour. Problem solved
    * Taking a farm so that you can enter the tower and stack oil pots rather than take it for your faction

This is simple. Stop capping the resource before destroying the tower. I mean seriously. Don't want to be farmed by people in a resource tower? Then destroy the tower before capping the flag. Problem solved.
    * Taking an outpost so that you can enter the outpost and stack oil pots rather than take it for your faction

Please refer to point one.
    Edited by Venithar on June 23, 2014 5:35PM
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    Venithar wrote: »
    *Taking a scroll so that you can enter a building and stack oil pots rather than take it to your faction

Teach people to ignore this. I mean the scroll goes back to where they took it from after an hour. So, let them sit in their building with no one coming to be farmed for an hour. Problem solved
    * Taking a farm so that you can enter the tower and stack oil pots rather than take it for your faction

This is simple. Stop capping the resource before destroying the tower. I mean seriously. Don't want to be farmed by people in a resource tower? Then destroy the tower before capping the flag. Problem solved.
    * Taking an outpost so that you can enter the outpost and stack oil pots rather than take it for your faction

Take resource, leave, let them keep the tower till time ends. Laugh.

Sadly some groups do not understand the resource mechanics and will cap it before sieging the tower.

For the most part if the scroll is moving to a keep, Outpost or anywhere that is a "farm location" I tend to steer my group to something more productive, not that I every really have a group large enough to stop a ZergBall.

EDIT:

Also the Emperor thing isn't about them getting a title back, its about them getting it, abdicating shortly after (by leaving) and waiting for the opposing faction to flip the keeps again so it can go to the next "worthy" person.

I'm kinda amazed they didn't give Stands-In-Puddles Emperor in the last cycle so they could call him a Hypocrite this go round.
    Edited by Citidel on June 23, 2014 5:51PM
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

• Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dleatherus wrote: »
    yup - at this point i'd rather it be full on open sandbox with full loot - because when your own alliance are sabotaging you, and chain pulling a dozen enemy up onto the inner keep walls to fire down on their own alliance from above while they stand beside them and laugh, it's pretty much done with - nothing we can do about it

D.

@Dleatherus‌ you were kicking my butt in PTS forever so I am inclined to believe you when you post. Are you saying DC is pulling up AD or EP and then watching those AD/EP kill other DC?

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ isn't this exploiting if players are doing this?

• Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    @Ifthir_ESO‌ AD pulling DC/EP up.

I've honestly never seen it the other way round, but I'm sure it happens.

(not Dleatherus)
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

• Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So your solution is to ignore a scroll being taken, destroy every tower for every resource, and ignore an outpost being taken that would depose an emperor. Besides missing the point your solution is untenable.
    Edited by Armitas on June 23, 2014 6:17PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    So your solution is to ignore a scroll being taken, destroy every tower for every resource, and ignore an outpost being taken that would depose an emperor. Your solution is untenable.

Could you please show me an outpost that will depose an emperor?

If you make a point out of not letting them farm you, they'll have to actually work for their AP instead of people just feeding them AP. As for the scroll, it doesn't really matter, while the scroll is not in a keep, no one gets it's benefits, so yes, if they are taking a scroll to a tower/bridge/outpost/some other place then a keep in their home territory, then ignore them.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So your solution is to ignore a scroll being taken, destroy every tower for every resource, and ignore an outpost being taken that would depose an emperor. Your solution is untenable.

Could you please show me an outpost that will depose an emperor?

If you make a point out of not letting them farm you, they'll have to actually work for their AP instead of people just feeding them AP. As for the scroll, it doesn't really matter, while the scroll is not in a keep, no one gets it's benefits, so yes, if they are taking a scroll to a tower/bridge/outpost/some other place then a keep in their home territory, then ignore them.

The outposts are a forward camp to the keeps beside them when taking the 6 inner keeps. It's a lot easier to have the outpost there for rapid reinforcements than rely on a FC tent that can be burned and bugged forcing reinforcements to travel past an enemy outpost to the other keep. It's a beach head for attacking the adjoining keeps to dethrone the emp.

I agree that teaching people helps mitigate it but it's not a solution. If you ignore them with the scroll they will just capture it. The point that you miss is that all this is occurring and overshadowing all of pvp simply because of one weapon.
    Edited by Armitas on June 23, 2014 6:32PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Venithar
    Venithar
    ✭✭✭
    The outposts are a forward camp to the keeps beside them when taking the 6 inner keeps. It's a lot easier to have the outpost there for rapid reinforcements than rely on a FC tent that can be burned and bugged forcing reinforcements to travel past an enemy outpost to the other keep.

Yea, because that is totally the use of, say, Bleakers being held by AD while EP/DC hold chalman and aleswell. Yup, that dang forward camp that they can't rez at or teleport to. I guess we should all just rush into that outpost and take it away from AD......
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that teaching people helps mitigate it but it's not a solution. If you ignore them with the scroll they will just capture it. The point that you miss is that all this is occurring and overshadowing all of pvp simply because of one weapon.

I've never seen a Scroll Farm Cap the scroll, it usually ends with the person carrying the scroll dieting to slaughter fish or trying to swim out to the imperial island to drop it so no one can get it.

Sometimes I see the scroll stop at a bridge or something but then it moves on to be capped, maybe they were setting up to farm but no one came.

It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

If you two would like to continue this discussion please form your own thread, we are beating a different dead horse here.

-Citidel
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Armitas on June 23, 2014 7:29PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you two would like to continue this discussion please form your own thread, we are beating a different dead horse here.

-Citidel

Just saw this and will respect it. I removed my last reply to avoid any potential follow up reply.
    Edited by Armitas on June 23, 2014 7:26PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Farm wars is what its all about nuff said get over it and move on,

This is the type of "I don't care" attitude plaguing pretty much an entire community and country.

Its the type of attitude that lets things get so bad and the next thing you know you lose your freedom due to your indifference.

We as a community to start demanding other players play straight up. We as a community have to be self-policing. The truth is that we are a small minority of the ESO playerbase and we need to be vocal and united about what we want, at a minimum, from @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ and the rest of the dev team, in regards to PvP. That way they can prioritize to make as many of us happy as quickly as their timeline allows.

To me, priority #1 needs to be that we have as level a playing field as possible.

Edited by Ifthir_ESO on June 23, 2014 6:52PM
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda amazed they didn't give Stands-In-Puddles Emperor in the last cycle so they could call him a Hypocrite this go round.

They did a similar thing in PTS when AD dumped to @Izkimar‌ so that @NordJitsu‌ and his crew wouldn't become Emperor either. I hoped it happening then would help the ZoS team be more vigilant in regards to shenanigans with Emperor but I sadly must admit that AvA seems to be largely unpoliced.

Shame, if they spent as much time policing AvA as they did crushing the gold spammers, we'd all have very little to complain about.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, all. We are temporarily closing this thread to clean it up. We'll reopen it shortly (and will post to let you know). Thank you for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've reopened this thread and appreciate everyone's patience while we cleaned up some misinformation. Please remember: we welcome discussion PvP campaigns and the tactics being used, but claiming these tactics have been officially approved by a developer when they have not been violates our rules regarding conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Players are always welcome to share developer comments they find elsewhere on the web (or here on our official forums), but please cite the source when doing so. That way, others in our community can determine for themselves whether the information is accurate. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh-Oh looks like some people got 3 day bans from the game.
  • Hridh
    Hridh
    ✭✭
    I guess that superbly ironic (though very missable for many in this thread) first post was meant for US, although I observed the same on EU Celarus. It made me vomit. Oh, it was 2 weeks ago, as I quit since then, just looking if pvp improves before sub runs out :'(
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    Uh-Oh looks like some people got 3 day bans from the game.

3 day ban is fine. I'll take it squarely on the face.

I stand by my original title and wording in my original post as I have not seen anything to deem it otherwise. But for sake of discussion and for not getting others involved I will drop the Conspiracy part and stick with the meat.

In my OPINION I feel that my listed items on the OP are functions and actions that the Company ZeniMax and the PVP Dev @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ did not fully intend to become the norm. They have, as of this post not come forward to deny or confirm this to be true.

I for one would like an appointed representative to come forward and let us know that these are intended or unintended and being worked on and have a time-table of fixes coming soon to the community.

@ZOS_AmeliaR if the above is not within my rights to post please remove it and you can flag me as banned here till its deemed reasonable for me to return. You may do so in-game as well.
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We are aware of many of the tactics noted here, and are actively working on solutions to them without removing the effectiveness of ability usage or siege weaponry in combat situations that are within the spirit of Cyrodiil warfare against enemy Alliances. There will be more information on this as they go through the entire internal approval process, and eventually get pushed to Live.
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on June 23, 2014 7:40PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
  • Citidel
    Citidel
    ✭✭✭
    We are aware of many of the tactics noted here, and are actively working on solutions to them without removing the effectiveness of ability usage or siege weaponry in combat situations that are within the spirit of Cyrodiil warfare against enemy Alliances. There will be more information on this as they go through the entire internal approval process, and eventually get pushed to Live.

Thank you, one small step...

If anything could you, or someone on your team be more "vocal" about things? I know you all have to go though an internal review system and get every little comment approved so it all fits and no one gaffs but something like a nudge saying "yep thanks guys we are working on this and its well documented" would do wonders for everyone's sanity.

Even if its 2 months down the pipe... those 2 months of us knowing its not twisting in the wind is better then 2 months of rage posts.
    Citidel
    Officer of The Noore
    Leader of the Water Cu