Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Should ESO have brought back Dwemer stuff

AlienOnPc
AlienOnPc
✭✭
i noticed that in skyrim all these dwemer ruins were kind of boring and always the same and weird , you just got mechanical spiders and random bits of gold attacking you i think that's one thing that ESO shouldn't do again

any thoughts on that?
With great power there must also come — great responsibility !
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the Dwemer spiders, spheres and centuarians, they have always added something to the TES flavour.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AlienOnPc
    AlienOnPc
    ✭✭
    i think it makes it look more futuristic
  • JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    JoseDelgadoCub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait for Dwarf adventure zone
  • Gern_Verkheart
    Gern_Verkheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want them to expandthe dwemer stuff. I want to explore new dwemer dungeons and cities. I want to know more about what happened to them and where they went. Also, completely cutting out a huge part of TES lore wouldn't make any sense.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienOnPc wrote: »
    i think it makes it look more futuristic

In this case Ancient would be more correct. There were a number of technologically advanced groups that died out and or just up and disappeared. My guess is society got advanced to the point it imploded on itself and had to start over

Keep in mind, 1e lasted almost twice as long as 2e,3e, and up to Dragonborn in 4e(combined). There were also 2 eras before 1e, the later seemingly lasting about as long as 1e itself. So there was a lot of time for growth. 2e on is more or less society starting over.

:p

Edited by Heishi on June 21, 2014 4:49PM
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the Dwemer, always happy when I come across a Dwemer delve or Dwemer related quest.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • AlienOnPc
    AlienOnPc
    ✭✭
    wow i guess im the only one who dislikes the idea :D
    Edited by AlienOnPc on June 21, 2014 4:59PM
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dwemer are a part of the lore. Why would they change the story?
    Edited by SFBryan18 on June 21, 2014 5:03PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dwemer have been a huge part of Elder Scrolls lore since Daggerfall (possibly even Arena - I really don't know much about Arena), when basically the entire plot of the game revolved around a giant dwemer construct. So for almost 20 years the dwemer (more specifically stuff that the dwemer left behind when they mysteriously vanished) have been a huge part of the Elder Scrolls games. Having any Elder Scrolls game without a significant amount of dwemer ruins, quests, or artifacts would essentially be not having an Elder Scrolls game at all.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AlienOnPc
    AlienOnPc
    ✭✭
    not about changing story for one this is an online game it does not really mean its the follow up (the elder scrolls VI) , and i didn't see anything about it in oblivion and skyrim's main story was mainly about the dragons and becoming "the dragon born" and i didn't play to much of morrowind , so if it was in daggerfall and that i wouldn't know but i just think some of the parts in skyrim with the dwemer stuff was super boring at points. personal opinion
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the dwemer aspect. I'd like it if they brought dwemer artifacts into crafting somehow.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer content could have been epic, IF Zenimax would have put as much effort into it as we got in Skyrim. But... they didn't

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh the memories of delving into Dwemer ruins in Morrowind.... and the Clockwork City underneath Mournhold.... so much awesome.

I can't remember in lore exactly when Sotha Sil built his city under Mournhold, but if it's before the time period of ESO....
    Edited by Tabbycat on June 21, 2014 5:32PM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • AlienOnPc
    AlienOnPc
    ✭✭
    Yeah @Dayv , when i was playing skyrim i noticed this thing that you could kind of create stuff with it couldn't remember what it was , it looked like from the game that's what they was going for
    Edited by AlienOnPc on June 21, 2014 6:25PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Huge underground Dungeon zone filled with Dwemer and Falmer!!? I'll take 3 please.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ur-Quan wrote: »
    Having any Elder Scrolls game without a significant amount of dwemer ruins, quests, or artifacts would essentially be not having an Elder Scrolls game at all.
    I disagree. The Dwemer did not inhabit the whole continent. If we ever get a game set in one of the southern provinces, Dwemer ruins will be out of place. And in fact, we already have a game without major Dwemer-related content: Oblivion.

But yes, Dwemer are still a very important part of TES. A TES game set in a place where the Dwemer actually lived and not featuring their ruins would be unacceptable.

I like their ruins and constructs. They're one of my favorite types of locations.
    PBpsy wrote: »

Huge underground Dungeon zone filled with Dwemer and Falmer!!? I'll take 3 please.
    Adventure zone: Blackreach. Let's do this.

• Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tabbycat‌ I'm not sure if you've been through the Pact areas, but the 3rd zone (not including the starter) has the Mournhold Underground City
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the Dwemer spiders, spheres and centuarians, they have always added something to the TES flavour.
    This. Dwemer ruins are value-added.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »
    @Tabbycat‌ I'm not sure if you've been through the Pact areas, but the 3rd zone (not including the starter) has the Mournhold Underground City

I have not been there yet. Now I have something to look forward to when I reach the high veteran levels. Thank you!
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tabbycat‌ I MAY have been mistaken. I was going back and fact checking myself. I was thinking of Stormhold:
    Stormhold is an ancient city in The Elder Scrolls Online. It's under control of the Ebonheart Pact, led by Jorunn the Skald-King. It lies in the region of Shadowfen in Black Marsh.
    The city is built on top of an Ayleid Ruin, and was originally an Argonian settlement before the formation of the Pact. Vicecannons, war veterans from each of the Pact's races govern the city and the Pact's forces within the province.

Although it does fit the description for the Clockwork city's location.
    The exact location of the Clockwork City is unknown; it is thought to be located somewhere in the southern swamps of Morrowind, but there is also evidence to suggest that it is located somewhere beneath the settlement of Old Ebonheart.

Granted Ebonheart is to the north-west of Mournhold and Stormhold. I'm actually curious about this now..
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never liked the Dwemer random mechanical stuff thing. I'd rather see the actual race come back. Of course, lore freaks would scream about that.
    Edited by timidobserver on June 21, 2014 7:28PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Having any Elder Scrolls game without a significant amount of dwemer ruins, quests, or artifacts would essentially be not having an Elder Scrolls game at all.
    I disagree. The Dwemer did not inhabit the whole continent. If we ever get a game set in one of the southern provinces, Dwemer ruins will be out of place. And in fact, we already have a game without major Dwemer-related content: Oblivion.
    Ruins would be very out of place in large parts of Tamriel, yes, but there would (and should) still be plenty of dwemer-related items and storylines throughout the whole continent. You're right that Oblivion didn't have any major dwemer-related stuff, but it still had quite a bit of minor dwemer-related stuff like this:
    600px-OB-item-Dwarven_Armor.jpg
    and this:
    800px-OB-interior-Orrery.jpg
    The dwemer have had a huge effect on all of Tamriel - even the parts that they never inhabited have been affected by them, or by the items or ideas that they left behind. An Elder Scrolls game wouldn't really be an Elder Scrolls game without references to the dwemer.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AlienOnPc
    AlienOnPc
    ✭✭
    this question is like marmite you like it or you don't !
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    An Elder Scrolls game wouldn't really be an Elder Scrolls game without references to the dwemer.
    Now I can agree. :)

But to be honest, I'm not sure if I like the fact that Dwemer armor is so easy to acquire in every game. Not only are expeditions to Dwemer ruins dangerous, trading artifacts is also illegal (at least in the Third Era). It shouldn't be sold by every vendor. Then again, Oblivion had so many problems with this - bandits in glass armor, anyone? - that I shouldn't pick on Dwemer specifically. And now we know that a dwarven-like ore exists, so there's that too.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never liked the Dwemer random mechanical stuff thing. I'd rather see the actual race come back. Of course, lore freaks would scream about that.

Not really. It's only specified that they disappeared. If Beth/ZOS did it right they could bring them back.

Just spitballing, say you run into an odd looking person who needs your help, they create a portal to their city which is say... stuck in a plane of Oblivion like a certain other city, or otherwise hidden. If you went the oblivion route, it could be a whole section, but would still be "lost in time" so as to not conflict with later games.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heishi wrote: »

Not really. It's only specified that they disappeared. If Beth/ZOS did it right they could bring them back.

Just spitballing, say you run into an odd looking person who needs your help, they create a portal to their city which is say... stuck in a plane of Oblivion like a certain other city, or otherwise hidden. If you went the oblivion route, it could be a whole section, but would still be "lost in time" so as to not conflict with later games.
    Nobody is required to agree with Final Report to Trebonius, however, consider this: in the Third Era no one knows for sure what happened to the Dwemer and no one has seen them since their disappearance. Now I know for certain that if my character visited a hidden Dwemer enclave and returned, she'd go straight to the Mages Guild and inform the scholars. It would not go unnoticed. Someone would remember.

I believe some questions are better left unanswered. Mystery is important. Leave the Dwemer alone.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the mystery is the best part but I certainly do love exploring their ruins in hopes I will find something that helps me figure it out. I have an idea what could have happened to them but I would rather not have the answer, I think. But still, give me more ruins to explore! They are absolutely fascinating.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • VlVEC
    VlVEC
    ✭✭✭
    Expand the Dwemer? They were wiped out in TES III: Morrowind, the last Dwemer was in that game and was an old fat guy. There's nothing really to expand on except for their written lore.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Yagrum_Bagarn
    Edited by VlVEC on June 22, 2014 12:49AM
    The beginning of the words is ALMSIVI. I give you this as Vivec.
    Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec.
    ヽ༼ຈ༽ل͜༼ຈ༽ノ
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VlVEC wrote: »
    Expand the Dwemer? They were wiped out in TES III: Morrowind, the last Dwemer was in that game and was an old fat guy. There's nothing really to expand on except for their written lore.

Last "known" Dwemer... they will be back... anything is possible with an elder scroll.. I mean a whole town got ported to colharbour so I have a feeling some Dwemer are stuck in places we dont know...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VlVEC wrote: »

Last "known" Dwemer... they will be back... anything is possible with an elder scroll.. I mean a whole town got ported to colharbour so I have a feeling some Dwemer are stuck in places we dont know...
    With an Elder Scroll anything is possible, but... I think it's way more likely that an Elder Scroll might be used to send a player back to a time before the Dwemer vanished than it would be to bring them back somehow.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)