Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Should ESO have brought back Dwemer stuff

• Mataata
    Mataata
    ✭✭✭
    What I want to know is why the Dwemer stuff looks so bland and tarnished. In Skyrim it was all flashy and shiny and in Morrowind it was all glowwy. How come it just looks like stone with little bits of dull bronze now? Their metal is supposed to be immune to rust.
    I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!
    i also do art and stuff i guess, here's my twitter
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Heishi wrote: »
    I've never liked the Dwemer random mechanical stuff thing. I'd rather see the actual race come back. Of course, lore freaks would scream about that.

Not really. It's only specified that they disappeared. If Beth/ZOS did it right they could bring them back.

Just spitballing, say you run into an odd looking person who needs your help, they create a portal to their city which is say... stuck in a plane of Oblivion like a certain other city, or otherwise hidden. If you went the oblivion route, it could be a whole section, but would still be "lost in time" so as to not conflict with later games.
    Nobody is required to agree with Final Report to Trebonius, however, consider this: in the Third Era no one knows for sure what happened to the Dwemer and no one has seen them since their disappearance. Now I know for certain that if my character visited a hidden Dwemer enclave and returned, she'd go straight to the Mages Guild and inform the scholars. It would not go unnoticed. Someone would remember.

I believe some questions are better left unanswered. Mystery is important. Leave the Dwemer alone.

@Rosveen‌ I agree there's a number of different paths that can be taken. As far as "running back to inform scholars at the mages guild"
    Consider that in the mages guild, one path brings a whole city that is supposed to be a haven for mages back. I'm pretty sure it's not heard of again.

When you have to sacrifice someone for the Amulet of Kings Abnur specifies that history will forget them but those there will not.

They city Meridia brought into Oblivion seems like it'd be a pretty key note to bring back.

Even being face to face with the last Aleyid King, who sacrifices himself.

Of course there are many other things that would be noteworthy throughout history. My thing was just a hypothetical situation.

Just through a brief read over the link. Looks like the Dwemer King used tools on the Heart of Lorkhan and all Dwemer disappeared right there. It's not a proof of death. Being that Lorkhan is "the Missing God, is the Creator-Trickster-Tester deity present in every Tamrielic mythic tradition" I would actually be surprised if they are actually dead rather than shifted to another plane/pocket of Oblivion or planet even. Maybe they live on the moon now, forced to look down on their old home with no way back. There's a great number of maybes out there that could reasonably reintroduce Dwemer for a brief period without breaking other games.

Look Senche-Tiger a type of Khajiit only found in ESO. In likelihood they're not even extinct. We won't delve into the problems with Khajiit lore built up but never seen. Though I would love to see Cathay-raht, Bipedal Jaguar Khajiit that are supposed to be the size of werewolves XD.

Anyway I don't disagree with Final Report to Trebonius, I'm simply mentioning it would be simple to work within the parameters established by it if they wanted let people experience the dwemer without breaking lore. For that matter, the Dwemer could just be on a continent besides Tamriel. I'm sure there are many places on Nirn we have no idea about.
    Edited by Heishi on June 22, 2014 2:54PM
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would take nothing short of a Dragon Break to bring them back.

Lore people would go nuts.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    I think it would take nothing short of a Dragon Break to bring them back.

Lore people would go nuts.

Not a Dragon Break, but something of equal and disasterous proportions. You would need something that could pierce dimensions, since if they're living it will be in another dimension.

An Elder Scroll could do it, the right Elder Scroll at a time scar (like the one in Skyrim) could theoretically open a passage for the Dwemer to return.

It should also be remembered that the Dwemer are not nice, they are almost certainly going to be hostile, and mre than likely aggressively hostile.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What the, I thought the Dwemer ruins were some of the most interesting locations in Skyrim.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●