The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Haste working on bows

glitchmaster999
glitchmaster999
✭✭✭✭
I just got on finally to test haste now working with bows (YAY!!)

Logged on made a new nightblade vet 12 redguard, went straight in, whipped out the bow, levelled haste and other important skills, tested it out...... either it isnt working or haste "30% attack speed" isn't 30% faster animations but 30% reduction in cd's between attacks which makes no noticable difference in firing. Seriously, cast haste, fire a bow (or swing two weapons for that matter) and swing until the buff expires, you can't even notice the difference.....

Does haste not stack with medium armor attack speed because if so that is just stupid...
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had similar results. I tried out the Incapacitate morph with a bow and while it was increasing my heavy attack damage (from 321 to 361), I saw no increase in light or heavy attack speed. I could only get the heavy attack speed increase working for an inferno destruction staff.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • dragnier
    dragnier
    ✭✭✭
    Worstluck wrote: »
    I had similar results. I tried out the Incapacitate morph with a bow and while it was increasing my heavy attack damage (from 321 to 361), I saw no increase in light or heavy attack speed. I could only get the heavy attack speed increase working for an inferno destruction staff.

I couldn't get it to work for destro heavy attacks at all... light attacks with bow and destro did seem to get the bonus though.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    dragnier wrote: »
    Worstluck wrote: »

I couldn't get it to work for destro heavy attacks at all... light attacks with bow and destro did seem to get the bonus though.

That's the thing, it should be so obvious that it is working but it is difficult to tell if it is or not.